Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
Dec 4, 2018 7:44 PM

Apr 2017
Since the Monogatari series is soon coming to an end with its final season, lets discuss favorite parts and memories from the show!

I personally love Nadekos arcs, and I really wish she got more attention as I really believe her story line has some of the best instances of character development throughout the whole series.

EDIT: it has been brought to my attention that this season isn’t the last one, so sorry for the misinformation. But it’s still a good time anyway to discuss our favorite monogatari moments!

mr_sandmanDec 5, 2018 5:28 AM
Dec 4, 2018 7:50 PM

Feb 2018
My favorite arc is that of ougi and the kaiki arc. For me they were the most entertaining and the truth of kaiki was very interesting with his psychological game and the one of ougi for the mysterious that turned out to be the chapters.
Dec 4, 2018 8:06 PM

Aug 2016
My favorite parts are Kizu II and III of Monogatari. Outside of that, I'd say the Hanekawa arc in Monogatari Second Season and then the Kaiki+Hitagi arc
Dec 4, 2018 9:37 PM

Nov 2011
It ain’t over ‘till it’s over.

Never discount the potential for a popular money-making franchise to continue.
Dec 4, 2018 9:42 PM
Aug 2018
My top 5 stories are
Kizumonogatari
Shinobu Mail
Ougi Dark
Shinobu Time
Mayoi Jiangshi
Dec 4, 2018 10:20 PM

Jan 2018
My favorite part is Kizu 2 I mean Koyomi is just so much badass in that movie why did he have to change as for the least favorite arcs probably involving Senjougahara because I don't like her and her mouth.
Dec 4, 2018 10:24 PM
Jul 2018
None of them. I dropped it long time ago.
Dec 4, 2018 10:30 PM

Aug 2017
I'm new in the Monogatari series. I only watched Bake.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 4, 2018 10:33 PM

Oct 2018
I love the Mayoi Snail, Tsukihi Phoenix, Nadeko Medusa and Shinobu Time arcs. And that’s not even mentioning the Hitagi date episodes. I can’t wait for the new season!
【🇳​🇪​🇼​ 🇵​🇷​🇴​🇫​🇮​🇱​🇪​ 🇩​🇪​🇸​🇮​🇬​🇳​】

I accept all friend requests! - Feel free to add me!

Dec 4, 2018 10:51 PM

Feb 2018
Well i only watched
- bakemonogatari
- kizumonogatari I , II and III
My favorites were episode 5 from bake ( Mayoi's story ) and the 3rd movie so far
Dec 4, 2018 10:54 PM

Dec 2016
Wow, I can't believe we've lived long enough already to start considering a 2009 anime as a "nostalgic" anime....
Dec 4, 2018 11:40 PM

Aug 2014
The final season isn't the last season. There is the off season and the monster season also
Dec 4, 2018 11:51 PM

Jan 2017
There is enough material for the next 10 years:
Orokamonogatari
Wazamonogatari
Nademonogatari
Musubimonogatari
Shinobumonogatari
Yoimonogatari
Amarimonogatari
Ougimonogatari
Shinomonogatari

And my favourite arc is Yotsugi Doll in Tsukimonogatari.
Dec 5, 2018 12:13 AM
Jan 2012
I started burning out on the series despite still watching it all because it felt like shaft was sticking to their formula too heavily, so all my affection is really towards Bakemonogatari. I still think Bakemono is the best season due to that fact, and most of us watched it first so it was still fresh, new and interesting. Most of my nostalgia is towards it. It's not like I hate the other seasons, but they've gotten so formulaic that it's hard to look back on them since they just feel like typical monogatari, with some exceptions (Kizumonogatari felt like it had actual inspiration behind it again).

Also, Nisemonogatari. Even if it was widely considered one of the worst seasons, it came out after I had watched Bakemonogatari, so it was something I was hyped over and had looked forward to. A second season of the monogatari series made me happy, I didn't know they were planning on continuing it till they aired it. Like the second generation Pokemon games, it was great because it was the first time we got an additional story to a series, and we had no expectations for it. Nisemonogatari is still on the lower end of the monogatari spectrum for me, but regardless of how good it was, it still gives me a sense of nostalgia
OnionKnightRisesDec 5, 2018 12:26 AM
Dec 5, 2018 12:41 AM

May 2013
I have only seen up to Monogatari season 2 and that season was super enjoyable. Had stopped following the series from the moment I heard the novels would be completely animated. Therefore, I'm saving it for a rewatch and binge session to get the whole experience from it.

The character interactions made the series shine for me, since it was nothing like any other anime I had seen back then.

Not sure about the nostalgia but it sure does remind me of the times when Shaft was supposed to release Kizumonogatari in 2012, and kept pushing it year by year. lol

Anyway, it is very rare that we get to experience complete light novel adaptations.
Truly a Divine Comedy
Dec 5, 2018 1:09 AM

Oct 2010
I remember with fondness the toothbrush arc, my favorite.
On a serious note, I liked bake and hana, but I ain't nostalgic about it.
Dec 5, 2018 1:22 AM
Apr 2018
sophimonogatari said:
Since the Monogatari series is soon coming to an end with its final season, lets discuss favorite parts and memories from the show!

I personally love Nadekos arcs, and I really wish she got more attention as I really believe her story line has some of the best instances of character development throughout the whole series.

Any scene with best girl [Hanekawa]
Dec 5, 2018 1:46 AM

Mar 2018
Well, the story is really far from over since theres still alot of material left to be animated.

But in my opinion the best arc would be Sodachi Riddle, because out of all the whole Monogatari its the only arc that doesnt involve monsters, and that itself is pretty "Mysterious" for this anime. so i think its cool.

sophimonogatari said:
...and I really wish she got more attention...

More attention? really? that Renai Circulation meme blew up like hell and shes the most overrated char in the anime! (opinion onli pls dunt h8 :( )

My favorite characters are as listed:

1. Kaiki Deishuu (Best Girl)
  2. Ononoki Yotsugi
  3. Oikura Sodachi
  4. Araragi Tsukihi
  5. Senjougahara Hitagi
DigitizerDec 5, 2018 1:49 AM
"As someone who deranked from Legendary Eagle to Gold Nova, i can really say that war is hell."
Dec 5, 2018 2:52 AM
Jul 2018
my memory is terrible to remember the names of all the arcs but my favourites would be all arcs in Owari 1 and 2, neko kuro, hana, tsuki (yay peace peace), and of course bake. I know I listed literally half of all the titles but I like all of them a lot anyway

Kaiki best girl
Dec 5, 2018 3:20 AM

Apr 2015
My favourites are Bake, Mayoi Jianshi, Shinobu time, Hitagi end and the second season of owari, but I love them all.

I don't think Shaft is gonna stop making new seasons of this series any time soon, but once they do, I think I'll get the most nostalgic feeling form the interactions between Hachikuji and Ararararararagi.
Dec 5, 2018 3:43 AM

Oct 2017
We don't know for sure if it's ended yet.
Shinobu time, Hitagi end and Ougi formula are probably my favourite arcs but they're all good. I'm glad I got into the Monogatari series so late, waiting for every installment wouldn't have been fun.

Arkab said:
Wow, I can't believe we've lived long enough already to start considering a 2009 anime as a "nostalgic" anime....

Nostalgia can be felt for anything in the past, doesn't matter if it happened 50 years ago or 5 hours ago. It's usually used to describe recalling stuff from a decent period into the past but doesn't have to be. Also, 2009 is 9 years ago which is a significant amount of time for anyone, especially people in their teens and twenties like most of this sites' users.
Dec 5, 2018 3:44 AM

May 2017
I can't say a season/arc that I love the most...
But the moment that Nadeko gets badass at school and gets wrecked the "sensei" it just too awesome.
I just wished more moments like that for her.

"というわけで。待望の、体 操 服! でっあ~る。祭りであれば、余も着飾ってはいられぬと用意したが……うむ! 心身ともに軽くなったようだ。どうだ? 似合っているであろう、マスター?" - Random Quote From Internet by Saber Nero

Dec 5, 2018 4:22 AM

Oct 2013
Everything except for Kizumonogatari movies. All 3 follow the same formula of pushing the weirdest damsel in distress card to the limit having Ararararararagi do some retarded shit to overcome 3 raid boss monsters. Hanekawa needed more screen time, 2nd movie is still the best (busty shinobu best shinobu), and 3rd one was all over the place. It left me with a feeling that it was trying way to hard to be it's 'own thing' and not a proper prequel, almost as if it's a cut-out from the series as a whole. I could've been 8, and maybe even a 9 overall. But, objectively, it's a 6... 7 for me, because I'm a degenerate, biased monogatarifag.

Araragi's first encounter with kiss-shot is still hilarious to me. Probably because I'm a sick fuck.
Dec 5, 2018 4:24 AM

Jan 2013
I'm still watching it so I don't feel the nostalgia yet, but it might hit me later. I really like arcs with Mayoi and also Tsubasa Tiger and Karen Bee, these are probably my favorite arcs so far. I'm looking forward to the rest.
Dec 5, 2018 4:34 AM

Dec 2015
Kizumonogatari II, Tsubasa Cat, Ougi Dark and Shinobu Mail are my favorite with special mention to the toothbrush scene, which is the best scene I've seen in all anime up to now.
Dec 5, 2018 4:50 AM

Nov 2016
Is it really coming to an end I mean there's so many material. But for my favourites I would say nekomonogatari shiro, hanamonogatari, tsukimonogatari, sodachi lost, ougi dark and kizu
Dec 5, 2018 4:53 AM

Apr 2017
TripleSRank said:
It ain’t over ‘till it’s over.

Never discount the potential for a popular money-making franchise to continue.
I’m only saying it’ll be over after this season is because it’s the last novel in the series. I doubt they will continue the show despite there not being anymore novels to base them off of
Dec 5, 2018 4:55 AM

Apr 2017
Nurguburu said:
Will you continue ? I know a lot of people drop early on because it’s just ... so much honestly. But it’s worth it!
Dec 5, 2018 4:58 AM

Apr 2017
Arkab said:
Platypus7 said:
We don't know for sure if it's ended yet.
Shinobu time, Hitagi end and Ougi formula are probably my favourite arcs but they're all good. I'm glad I got into the Monogatari series so late, waiting for every installment wouldn't have been fun.

Arkab said:

Nostalgia can be felt for anything in the past, doesn't matter if it happened 50 years ago or 5 hours ago. It's usually used to describe recalling stuff from a decent period into the past but doesn't have to be. Also, 2009 is 9 years ago which is a significant amount of time for anyone, especially people in their teens and twenties like most of this sites' users.
Thank you for portraying what I was referring to with the “nostalgia” in the title. Just wanted to reflect back on the past on something many people have enjoyed :^)
Dec 5, 2018 5:21 AM

Apr 2017
Ahmad_o said:
There is enough material for the next 10 years:
Orokamonogatari
Wazamonogatari
Nademonogatari
Musubimonogatari
Shinobumonogatari
Yoimonogatari
Amarimonogatari
Ougimonogatari
Shinomonogatari

And my favourite arc is Yotsugi Doll in Tsukimonogatari.
I didn’t realize there were all these parts left, thanks for correcting information
Dec 5, 2018 5:33 AM

Nov 2011
sophimonogatari said:
Nurguburu said:
Will you continue ? I know a lot of people drop early on because it’s just ... so much honestly. But it’s worth it!

I was under the impression that there’s more available material to adapt, as Ahmad later confirmed. Even if there wasn’t, it’s not like Nisio Isin couldn’t decide to write more if he wanted to.

To answer the thread more directly, I don’t have “memories” of Monogatari per se. I’ve watched Bake, Nise, and Neko, but that’s it. I liked Bake, but Nise was mostly garbage save for the section near the end with Shinobu. Neko was alright, but I was already so frustrated by the tone in Nise that Araragi’s perversion in Neko was too repulsive for me to watch anything more.

That being said, I’ve been told that Second Season is one of the better Monogatari seasons, and it’s been quite awhile since I finished Neko as well. I’ll likely resume the franchise sooner or later, especially now that all of the Kizu films are out.
Dec 5, 2018 5:40 AM

Oct 2018
Really any episode with Senjougahara in it. I thoroughly enjoyed the dynamic between her and Araragi. Honorable mentions though would include Ougi and Kanbaru episodes. Ougi is just trippy af, while Kanbaru is such a bro for Araragi. I laugh just thinking of them getting hyped over seeing Nadeko's body for the first time. xD
Dec 5, 2018 11:08 AM

Aug 2013
I think Monogatari has rarely topped its very first arc. Apart from it, almost all of Second Season is an individual masterpiece, special kudos to Tsubasa Tiger for turning the second most annoying character into an actually interesting one. I don't really like Nadeko, even with all the development she got until Owari 2 I never thought she had any strength as a character, but Kaiki really carried that last one and made it into something great.

Nisemonogatari and Kizu are probably the all time low for me. Nise is just borderline offensively dumb, I don't recall anything I liked in it except for maybe introducing Kaiki, and almost made me drop the series entirely (glad I didn't). Karen and Tsukihi are the least interesting characters of the series, not even relevant enough for me to consider them annoying.

Kizu is visually great but eh, except for Nise it's the least interesting arc. The plot, the dialogue, the characters, there's nothing really good in it, and it was never very convincing. The only redeeming feature of it was the scene where Shinobu and Araragi talk to each other in the third movie which is probably one of my favourite moments of the franchise, and iirc it wasn't even in the book. I think it's funny that Araragi trains by reading generic shounen battle school manga, because it's exactly what Kizu ends up being, a big "fuck you" to anyone expecting a grand origin story.

Actually, after Second Season the most annoying thing about it was that Nisio seemingly made use of his status as a witty dialogue writer to shamelessly write a bunch of exposition disguised as a clever narrative. Tsuki is probably where this is most prominent. Though the ending is worth it, through the entire season I felt like I was repeatedly told things I already knew because the story had already shown me and didn't care about. This happens a bit in the Kizu novel too, where for some reason we are constantly reminded of what a fucking vampire is.

I was just happy it was all worth it in the end. Owari II dropped everything that was burdening the series (exposition and stupid fanservice) and actually told a great story through a lot of the interesting dialogues that the series became popular for.

This turned into a bit of a rant, but honestly this is precisely what Monogatari represents to me. As much as I love this series this love has always been chaperoned by a fuckton of frustration.
Dec 5, 2018 11:15 AM

Dec 2017
Arkab said:

kek, i was thinking about the same thing. well, if you put it that way, it's almost been a decade since bake release date. and since it was the closing time of the '00s, it may feel nostalgic

but to the topic point; i'm hyped to see more sodachi and yotsugi in the upcoming release
Dec 5, 2018 4:58 PM

Dec 2018
Yeah the best arcs for me were the Ougi Dark arc and Hitagi End. Extremely entertaining.
Oh yeah and Kizumonogatari films. They were very good.
The fake is of far greater value. In its deliberate attempt to be real, it's more real than the real thing.
-Deishū Kaiki
Dec 6, 2018 12:26 AM
Jul 2018
Monogatari isn't ending soon, it is one of the most popular franchises in Japan anyway. Brings too much money to end.

As for fave, it's Kizu.
Dec 6, 2018 1:20 AM

Feb 2018
I haven't seen much of that franchise, but I liked the parts with Senjogahara, while she still had long hair.
Dec 6, 2018 4:43 AM
Jul 2018
Contrary to you, I despise Nadeko. Worst girl in the entire series.
The side arcs with Rouka were among my favorites, she's my favorite female character. Sodachi is great too. Unfortunately, we didn't get to see much of Rouka.
Kaiki is actually my favorite overall character, the man is just too amazing in his own right.
Dec 6, 2018 5:38 AM
Jan 2015
Definitely sodachi riddle and sodachi lost.
Dec 6, 2018 6:40 AM

May 2017
Best arc has to be the one with Hitagi, Nadeko and Kaiki, don't remember the names. The entirety of Owari and 2nd season is amazing tho, as well as Hitagi crab!
Dec 6, 2018 6:48 AM

Feb 2010
I think MOnogatari will end even after One Piece tbh.

My favorite arcs are easily:

Koimonogatari (Second Season)
Ougi Dark (Owari S2)

with an honorary mention for Kizumonogatari and its fantastically animated action scenes.
I probably regret this post by now.
Dec 6, 2018 7:02 AM

Mar 2016
There are so many great arcs, but my favorite has to be Hitagi End. As hilarious as Araragi is, I loved seeing the story from Kaiki's perspective. Aside from that, I loved all of the Owari arcs and Mayoi Jiangshi.

Surprised people haven't been talking about their favorite op/ed. My favorite opening is probably "Mousou Express" or "the last day of my adolescence", and my favorite ending is "Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari" (my favorite anime ed of all-time, actually). "border" and "Naisho no Hanashi" are both really good too.
Dec 6, 2018 7:08 AM

Jan 2016
I don't really remember which season but when Araragi explains the Euler's Identity is kinda made me thinking about everything. Apart from that, i love every moment of Nadeshiko's rage lul
Dec 6, 2018 7:26 AM

Jan 2018
Idk.Dropped it at ep 4 cuz it sucked.

More topics from this board

» Watch Order 2024?

GoCrayzee - Jan 27

25 by HeshamJohnny »»
Apr 13, 8:40 PM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

loghneckbeard - Jun 25, 2010

517 by Murky304 »»
Apr 8, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Sep 4, 2009

275 by artemis-cr »»
Apr 2, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Fabrice - Sep 25, 2009

687 by 94jf »»
Apr 1, 8:39 PM

Poll: » Bakemonogatari Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

aulzon - Nov 2, 2009

240 by otakuanity »»
Mar 24, 6:16 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.