Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? On the Side: Sword Oratoria (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Dec 4, 2018 10:23 AM

Dec 2017
Hey, I started watching Danmachi, and midway through the season I noticed I was watching Danmachi Sword Oratoria and not regular Danmachi, but after researching I think it's a standalone? What should I do?
Dec 4, 2018 10:27 AM
Jul 2018
Drop Danmachi Sword Oratoria and start watching the first season of Danmachi. The 2nd season + a movie will came soon btw.
+ Danmachi Sword Oratoria is completely unrelated to the story of the Principal series.
removed-userDec 4, 2018 10:33 AM
Dec 4, 2018 12:39 PM
May 2014
Put it on hold and go watch Danmachi first.

Danmachi Sword Oratoria tells the story from the perspective of Ais Wallenstein.
While Bell Cranel is the actual main from Danmachi.

Oratoria doesn't do much when you haven't seen Danmachi yet.
It will make way more sense after you've watched Danmachi.
Dec 4, 2018 12:47 PM
Jan 2016
Sword oratoria is a side story focusing on a different group of characters. It crosses path with the main series at times, but as far as the anime goes, it's much inferior to the main series. You can either not bother with it at all, or watch it after the main series if you really feel like you want more stories from that franchise.
Kurubala said:

Danmachi Sword Oratoria tells the story from the perspective of Ais Wallenstein.

It's not from the perspective of Aiz, but that annoying lesbian elf. If it was from the perspective of Aiz it would actually have a chance to be a decent show... (speaking of the anime, dunno about the LN)
Dec 4, 2018 1:08 PM
May 2014
Askorti said:
Sword oratoria is a side story focusing on a different group of characters. It crosses path with the main series at times, but as far as the anime goes, it's much inferior to the main series. You can either not bother with it at all, or watch it after the main series if you really feel like you want more stories from that franchise.
Kurubala said:

It's not from the perspective of Aiz, but that annoying lesbian elf. If it was from the perspective of Aiz it would actually have a chance to be a decent show... (speaking of the anime, dunno about the LN)

Yeah sorry you are right, my mistake. But you see more from Aiz in that one, that's why I thought it was from her perspective.
Bad memory.
Dec 4, 2018 3:55 PM

Jul 2017
go watch the one with mainstory
its better imo plus you get to see hestia often ( ͡o ͜ʖ ͡o)
Jan 26, 2019 6:02 AM
Sep 2017
Its an Spin off.

But a bit of Warning ⚠
(ITS LOW-KEY YURI!)

Mar 15, 2019 9:03 AM
Jan 2018
Oku98 said:
Drop Danmachi Sword Oratoria and start watching the first season of Danmachi. The 2nd season + a movie will came soon btw.
+ Danmachi Sword Oratoria is completely unrelated to the story of the Principal series.

The anime might be.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2017

70 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Feb 27, 10:28 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2017

54 by Donkunsan »»
Feb 24, 3:22 PM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2017

136 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 9:05 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2017

84 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2017

86 by F0LGORE_ »»
Feb 15, 9:02 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.