Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 9, 2019 6:32 PM
Jun 2017
Some of the same retard critics fell the same on Spielberg's AI film. Retarded idiots didn't even try to understand the final scenes and the whole thing ended up into some of the most batshit stupid episodes of critical incompetence and artistical iliteracy in recent times. Spielberg's team had to come out and explain to the noisy idiots that there wasn't any aliens in his film, but the damage was done and the movie flopped. Almost 2 decades later, AI's a cult film and regarded by many directors as a masterpiece.

These days we have MAL experts, unable to put 2 and 2 together, ranting about some of the few good things on an otherwise average show, because their disney like utopies didn't happen. Ahh well, "otakus" having zero artistic sensibilities is a given these days.
Mar 9, 2019 6:43 PM
Jun 2017
giannis85 said:
DiscoMilf said:
Plus, the Franxx having faces and voices confused me too. What's the point? It's a waste of resources to give them faces. And why would the robots need to speak out loud? They can communicate to each other through the cockpit via some kind of comms system. You could argue the external speaker is a backup in case the comm system malfunctions, but making the mouths match what they're saying is stupid lmao. There's no tactical benefit to the feature at all.

Yes, it was stupid and pointless! Perhaps the creators thought that by making it more ''cartoonish'' it will be more funny and more accessible to the younger viewers, but they make it so funny that we the adults couldn't even laugh with it! I understand the ''artistic value'' of that choice (I also enjoyed Gurren Laggan's and Killa la Kill's ''cartoonish'' nature, btw), but I seen no point when it doesn't affect the plot at all (especially in a show that it tries so hard to convince us to take it seriously)! And why the mecha's bodies, voices and faces match only the female pilot? Isn't the male pilot the one in charge? Now, Zorome was voiced his mecha in a few occasions, but hearing his voice in a body like Miku's, wasn't funny either, lol!

No, it was another psychological trait in humanizing the mechs, allowing a more natural interaction between the pairs and the teams. The mechs' "face" and shapes represent their pilots and their state of mind. We as humans tend to ve comfortable with things we tend to humanize, like our own pets, cars, etc... Some could argue mechs' itself are pretty much a waste of resources. A chopper is a more effective killing machine than something so stupid as a humanoid giant robot. Design wise, this show, is nothing new and I find it odd to angle towards such a silly feature for yet another silly excuse to hate on it. You hate it. Deal with it. Don't try to rationalize it. Man up and acept it as irrational or move on.
Mar 9, 2019 6:59 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
You might hate hearing this my guy but you haven't even watched 100 animes. You haven't seen this plot a thousand times over yet I guess.
Mar 9, 2019 7:12 PM
Dec 2011
Overall, I really enjoyed the show. I was surprised at the amount of hate it received. Giving 1 and 2 ratings just screams childishness imo.
Mar 9, 2019 7:47 PM

Jan 2019
i mean people can have their opinion but i would give this show a - 5000 / 10 if i could
the only good thing in this disaster was zero2 although Mitsuru was decent and the Opening was neat
and thats it for the pro side im not gonna start with the cons xD
DenkiDestroy99XMar 9, 2019 7:51 PM
Mar 9, 2019 10:18 PM

Aug 2018
Aplope said:
Some of the same retard critics fell the same on Spielberg's AI film. Retarded idiots didn't even try to understand the final scenes and the whole thing ended up into some of the most batshit stupid episodes of critical incompetence and artistical iliteracy in recent times. Spielberg's team had to come out and explain to the noisy idiots that there wasn't any aliens in his film, but the damage was done and the movie flopped. Almost 2 decades later, AI's a cult film and regarded by many directors as a masterpiece.

These days we have MAL experts, unable to put 2 and 2 together, ranting about some of the few good things on an otherwise average show, because their disney like utopies didn't happen. Ahh well, "otakus" having zero artistic sensibilities is a given these days.

Too bad dude,unlike Spielberg's,not even Trigger & A-1 want to defend this garbage anime,heh
Mar 10, 2019 7:43 AM

Feb 2019
The hype train was pretty strong in the beginning. So the phrase, "The bigger they are, the harder they fall" comes to mind, most people hated the Ending.

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Mar 10, 2019 12:37 PM
Jun 2017
noregretmyman said:
Aplope said:

Too bad dude,unlike Spielberg's,not even Trigger & A-1 want to defend this garbage anime,heh

Spielberg knows his shit. He doesn't need, nor actually does, to defend his movies.

And it's not about even about defending it. Those companies don't care about their products on an artistic or moral level. For them it's all money, and if it doesn't do well, especially a new ip, it's just tossed aside. Their actions is irrelevant to the quality of the product.

This anime's high praises and scores proves it's not garbage. It's not a gem either but the polarized hate it gets is unreasonable since it's clearly a very lousy minority voicing it.

Some of you guys don't know how lucky you are to have general forums like this where you can read and write all kinds of opinions... But stupidity has its limits and all this trolling will have consequences. Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic have taken drastic measures, censoring and disabling features, to protect themselves against trolls. You're ruining more than just an animes reputation, you're ruining the internet and the west's reputation.
AplopeMar 10, 2019 12:48 PM
Mar 10, 2019 12:52 PM
Jun 2017
Almost_Satan said:
The hype train was pretty strong in the beginning. So the phrase, "The bigger they are, the harder they fall" comes to mind, most people hated the Ending.

No, not really. The few that did are actually really noisy. Most people actually liked or didn't really care much about the ending or the series in general. An >7 is still a decent score.
Mar 10, 2019 3:22 PM
Sep 2018
I finished yesterday and I understand why people dislike it.

The first 3 episodes are cringefests with the extreme amount of metapphors for sex with the only saving graces being the battles and the awesome Studio Trigger art. Then, from 4 through 15 it had gotten consistently better, some of the characters had some nice development, they toned down the sex metaphors and Hiro and 002's backstories were pretty nice. Alpha9 seemed like a nice antagonist and the arc of the main characters had some nice closure there.

After episode 15 they focused to much on kokoro and Mitsuru and not in the other characters and then they just threw out all the twists so it could have the last 2-3 episodes being a poor man's Gurren Lagann.

Then you have the characters that had lots of potential but only Hiro, 002, Mitsuru and Kokoro had proper focus. They did almost nothing with Zoromu Miku and Ikuno, Futoshi had only developped his clinginess and didn't do much else. Ichigo and Gobro had their own arcs feeling rushed, especially with Ichigo.
002 ahad great focus but after ep.15 she lost all parts of her personality that made her amuzing.

The story and the writing is a mess, which justifies very well the fives and sixes that it is recieving, not the ones and twos.
Mar 10, 2019 3:25 PM

Sep 2018
I think it’s just because it’s too similar to already existing shows. If you haven’t seen anything like Evangelion or Gurren Lagann, Franxx will likely be something fresh and new to you. But like me and many others who have, it just got kind of meh. There’s also lots of other issues, but I didn’t watch the whole thing so I can’t say much.

That and also it being possibly propaganda to try and raise the birth rate in Japan. “Do the sex and make babies everyone, the anime girl did it and so can you!!”

But really if you like it, good for you, I just didn’t. It’s definitely not the worst anime out there, just overhyped I believe.
returntothenhkMar 10, 2019 3:28 PM
Mar 10, 2019 10:11 PM

Aug 2018
Aplope said:
noregretmyman said:

Spielberg knows his shit. He doesn't need, nor actually does, to defend his movies.

And it's not about even about defending it. Those companies don't care about their products on an artistic or moral level. For them it's all money, and if it doesn't do well, especially a new ip, it's just tossed aside. Their actions is irrelevant to the quality of the product.

This anime's high praises and scores proves it's not garbage. It's not a gem either but the polarized hate it gets is unreasonable since it's clearly a very lousy minority voicing it.

Some of you guys don't know how lucky you are to have general forums like this where you can read and write all kinds of opinions... But stupidity has its limits and all this trolling will have consequences. Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic have taken drastic measures, censoring and disabling features, to protect themselves against trolls. You're ruining more than just an animes reputation, you're ruining the internet and the west's reputation.

so TLDR you angry because people on the internet shit talking your fav animu ? lol, can't you just igrone it ?
Mar 14, 2019 3:14 AM

Jul 2014
All those people complaining about how the show went downhill after episode XX, haven't really seen a truly high quality drop in terms of animation/characters/story.

If it really was that bad, the votes distribution in the episodes' threads would go from something like this

to this

and finally this

Yes, that's 0 out of 5.

I'm not saying the show does not have its flaws (it does), but it's not that bad. If you haven't seen something like Nadia, you don't know what a high quality drop is.
mozgowMar 14, 2019 8:43 AM
Mar 14, 2019 9:16 PM
Apr 2018
mozgow said:
All those people complaining about how the show went downhill after episode XX, haven't really seen a truly high quality drop in terms of animation/characters/story.

If it really was that bad, the votes distribution in the episodes' threads would go from something like this

to this

and finally this

Yes, that's 0 out of 5.

I'm not saying the show does not have its flaws (it does), but it's not that bad. If you haven't seen something like Nadia, you don't know what a high quality drop is.

You cannot consider the votes distributios in this case because when franxx was airing and was at episode 20(precisely the week beetwen ep 19/20)Myanimelist server went down and no one could comment or vote. When the site was back online it was early August and franxx was already over by a month more or less (7 July 2018).Many people at that point already left this anime behind. If you want information on how the fanbase reacted, you should go to reddit (r/anime) and look for the spring 2018 anime rankings and compare them to the winter 2018 rankings.
Certainly its not something universal but it gives a good idea of ​​how people (including myself) reacted then.

If I'm not mistaken Franxx arrived second to the most popular anime of spring 2018 ranking(behind My hero academia) but at the same time 2 to the most disapponting anime of spring 2018.

EDIT: https://www.reddit.com/comments/90ay5b
Blaze35Mar 14, 2019 9:22 PM
Mar 18, 2019 5:49 AM
Mar 2019
People are talking a lot about how the second part was very rushed and don't get me wrong it was, but I felt it ended in the perfect way. In the end, it will always come down to what others like some will find this anime good and some will find it bad...
Mar 18, 2019 6:00 AM

Jan 2012
I enjoyed DITF and was surprised by all the hate in the reviews.
That being said, I try and enjoy every series, rather than judge them and compare them to something more popular/successful (unless it's a sequel). I have a simple taste and this series left me satisfied.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2018

640 by SuperJohnDoe »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2018

282 by louiboui08 »»
Apr 21, 6:59 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2018

597 by akiramado19 »»
Apr 17, 9:34 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2018

328 by Aazoka »»
Apr 6, 10:56 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2018

565 by otakuanity »»
Mar 29, 12:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.