Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 3, 2018 6:57 AM

Feb 2017
I'm curious to know; Have you planned, or thought out, what you want your future to be? Over time, I've helped friends, and strangers, talk about this but there are quite a few people that have no answer.

To further clarify my question though, what I mean is; What do you want by the time you're 30 (or depending on your age already 40)? Who do you picture yourself to be by that point in time? What's changed about you in those years?

You can answer these specifics questions, but I hope I've given you a general idea of the massive number of things you can answer from this. If anyone is curious to know my answers, I'll post it in here later to participate with you all.

EDIT: When I say "Plan" I don't necessarily mean for you to know all the answers. I guess "Goal" would be more appropriate, but basically, where do you want to be, have, think, feel, in your future is a more accurate way of saying it. I know, for myself at least, that having a clear idea of what I believe is a good future to strive for is very motivating and helps add some foundation to my life. Hopefully this can be helpful or constructive for you all as well.
TenmaDec 3, 2018 2:05 PM

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 3, 2018 7:06 AM

Jan 2017
I have absolutely no clue what the future has in store for me, i do know that i have a few years left studying but what happens after that is something that my future self will have to deal with.
REVIVE MECHA
Dec 3, 2018 7:08 AM

Apr 2013
Yeah, I had a plan how my life should be once I reach 30. Now I'm 30 and I have to admit that I failed horribly.
Dec 3, 2018 7:20 AM

Nov 2018
I have no idea, but I'll go with the flow of time. Not that smart to think about future, honestly (or rather I'm enjoying the present).
Dec 3, 2018 7:39 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
What do you want by the time you're 30 (or depending on your age already 40)? I'd say a more stable, more pleasant life. Right now I still have close but damaged ties with my family and they do me more harm than good. I'd like to be more independent and reach some personal goals.
Who do you picture yourself to be by that point in time? An eccentric individual. Someone you usually only hear of in fiction.
What's changed about you in those years? Knowing me? Nothing. Only my surroundings will have changed.
Dec 3, 2018 8:16 AM

Aug 2018
build a 3k dollar pc, become a half a millionare at age 30 and resign from my job and be a neet
Dec 3, 2018 8:20 AM

Feb 2017
Gator said:
Yeah, I had a plan how my life should be once I reach 30. Now I'm 30 and I have to admit that I failed horribly.

There's nothing wrong with failing. You should be proud you had a goal and a vision. If someone doesn't set either of those, they failed before even trying.

I'd encourage you to go back at a new vision for your life. (:

Dec 3, 2018 8:42 AM
Jul 2018
No, because I have no future anymore. ;o
Dec 3, 2018 8:46 AM

Aug 2010
I'm currently 26 and by the time i'm 30 my plan is to open up my online business. I'm currently saving money in order to reach that goal. If everything is planned correctly by the time i'm 30 i'll have opened my business + bought a house. Also my current investments should have quadrupled by them. Life should be much better hopefully!

Dec 3, 2018 9:12 AM

May 2017
I planned to kill myself, but it's very difficult.
So I'm thinking of becoming a normal person in the future and killing other people.

"というわけで。待望の、体 操 服! でっあ~る。祭りであれば、余も着飾ってはいられぬと用意したが……うむ! 心身ともに軽くなったようだ。どうだ? 似合っているであろう、マスター?" - Random Quote From Internet by Saber Nero

Dec 3, 2018 9:58 AM

Oct 2013
damn, 30? i'll be dead by then, m'dood
Dec 3, 2018 10:12 AM
Aug 2016
No, I didn't plan anything for future. If I think only about future and/or past, I won't have time to live in the present.
Dec 3, 2018 10:18 AM

Jan 2017
fuck no.
im dancing the dance of life
Dec 3, 2018 10:27 AM

Jul 2015
I have a plan for the next 3 years and a loose one for the next 10.

So far I'm on track.

By the time I'm 30, I want to be married and have a kid, be set with my career and still enjoy my hobbies as much as I do today.
Pretty standard, but theres a reason why the standard model is so successful in our society. If you pull it off correctly, you're usually good.
"my life at this state could be transposed into a pretty massive biography"

- Cneq, "the guy who was literally using BTC in 2012 to make deals in the first main instance of a digital itemized economy forming naturally in all human history (also the precursor of NFTs) and who had 20k+ total trades.", 23 years old

MAL's most prolific antivaxxer, Noboru.
Dec 3, 2018 12:36 PM
Jul 2018
i have planned my whole future out and it's going as planned thankfully
not 100% but like,90%
Dec 3, 2018 12:40 PM

Jul 2017
im not sure and i'm thinking about it right now
i can tell what direction im going and what things i should be focusing on next year
there are many things i should do in order to further my studies and improve myself mentally and socially
perhaps i would seek professional help from my adviser when i'm really confused about my career
Dec 3, 2018 12:44 PM

Oct 2018
Not really. I mean, I'm pretty sure I know where I'll be going to college/uni but, as far as occupationally goes I'm still a little clueless. Thinking Engineering of some caliber, but who knows.

i'm a worm
Dec 3, 2018 12:50 PM

Mar 2014
I'm pretty sure in the next 20 years (I'd be early 40s then) my country will either be in Civil War or a Military Junta, so in the end it won't really matter.

E pluribus unum my ass. The United States government is nothing more than a loose conglomerate of individuals looking out for themselves. They don't care about the people.
SawilagarDec 3, 2018 12:56 PM
“Loddfafnir, listen to my counsel: You will fare well if you follow it, It will help you much if you heed it. If aware that another is wicked, say so: Make no truce or treaty with foes.” - Havamal 127
Dec 3, 2018 12:54 PM

Nov 2018
Yeah I have a goal for my 30s, I wanna get married after I graduate but things change so that might happen before
Dec 3, 2018 1:01 PM

Nov 2015
Let's see... how much have I planned out...? Well, I can't say it's planned, but it'd be nice...:

20: In university or something. Have a job.
25: A relationship by now would be great.
30: A stable job as an accountant would be ideal.
35: Guess I'll have kids now.

...Uh.. I guess I don't shit planned out ;-;
Dec 3, 2018 1:04 PM

Feb 2018
so far i've only decided what i want to major in uni, haven't thought it out that far.
but i think something i'd really love by 30 is to have travelled around the world.

Dec 3, 2018 1:05 PM

Sep 2012
I did, but then it all failed miserably.
Dec 3, 2018 1:31 PM

Sep 2007
Fam, I AM my future. The only thing I can plan for now is retiring...

yonderly said:
20: In university or something. Have a job. NOPE
25: A relationship by now would be great. NOPE
30: A stable job as an accountant would be ideal. NOPE
35: Guess I'll have kids now. MAYBE?

Dec 3, 2018 1:40 PM

Dec 2013
I already have a job and a stable relationship... I guess the only thing left to plan is whether to have kids? Idk.
Dec 3, 2018 3:12 PM

Nov 2016
Yes...

I'm dropping out and becoming a rapper

esketitttttttttttt

Dec 3, 2018 3:14 PM

Mar 2016
Yes, I have my future planned out. The only thing I wonder about is the moving to Japan part.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Dec 3, 2018 3:21 PM

Dec 2008
Not really-what happens will happen. So why worry about it?
Life Is Short But Intense.
Dec 3, 2018 6:08 PM

May 2016
i do have my future planned and i think its best because i like to be organized etc

。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆。

from the days that i've
lived those i had spent
with you, seemed real

月光
Dec 3, 2018 8:42 PM

Oct 2018
Yeah, but I mean my future was planned out for me when I escaped the womb, gotta be a doctor or die

Don't worry about being lame now, you were always lame anyway!

Dec 4, 2018 12:06 AM

Aug 2015
i'm just gonna roll with it bc i have no clue what i want to do after high school. if i even survive that is
i sound sarcastic but i'm genuinely lost aye, this the kinda stuff that keeps me up at night.
Dec 4, 2018 9:34 AM
Oct 2017
No. I try to but every effort I put into something that will benefit me in the long term has been a failure.
Dec 4, 2018 10:50 AM

May 2013
My only plan is to stick to artistic pursuits. No matter what happens this is my ninja way.

I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Dec 4, 2018 11:33 AM

Dec 2016
Not at all. I've been very strategic and goal-oriented when I was younger (like, I even plan my future babies' name when I was 16 lol) that when I encountered my first major failure, I completely broke down.

Long story short, now I'm just trying to balance between living in the present and living for the future, but I still fail miserably anyway coz I just tend to be on either end :')

To end things on a positive note, here's my favorite HxH quote that's so relevant with this topic
“You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.” ― Ging Freecs, Hunter x Hunter
Dec 4, 2018 11:52 AM

Jan 2009
lol this kind of question makes me fail in job interviews "whats your accomplishment 5 years from now on this company?" bleh

i got no idea, i got wishes like to have economic security but my disability is holding me back anyway

Dec 4, 2018 11:55 AM

Jul 2015
i dont plan ahead i just live in the moment

Well...
Dec 4, 2018 12:44 PM

May 2014
Things rarely turn out the way you want. Best to go with the flow and seize opportunities when they present themselves. Some degree of planning is needed, just be careful how much you emotionally invest.

I've seen too many people lose everything due to matters out of their control, then just fall to pieces. Dacades of planning, just to end up doing the exact opposite.

But there are those who are fortunate enough to have everything go to plan. So there's no harm in having dreams. Just don't forget about reality.
Dec 4, 2018 4:35 PM

Oct 2015
yes i do, i think i would panic if i didn't have it planned out.
⠀⠀‧⠀⠀

Dec 4, 2018 6:27 PM
Jul 2018
A stable flow of income and a decent home I guess
Dec 4, 2018 8:37 PM
YouTuber / VA

Aug 2017
Well most of my life I did have a plan it was just to go to a good college graduating in CSE (Computer Science and Engineering) then afterward get a job at some tech company in Silicon Valley so I could make a comfortable living and have a nice time raising a family; a pretty straight forward path.

But then the plan got interrupted when I got hit with an autoimmune disease that inspired me to want go to medical school to become a Doctor but then that plan got interrupted too lol. Because I was also inspired to start spending a little time on myself rather than studying which lead me to start doing YouTube and Voice Acting but in the past two years I've found so much success with that I can no longer pursue medical school due to time constraints and that'd it'd be a huge waste of money if I went but ended up just doing YouTube and Voice Acting instead. Now I don't really know what to do.

So for now I'm just gonna continue to fill out all the requirements for that CSE major and if I can hit a million subscribers before I do I'll probably just graduate with it as a backup plan and move to LA to pursue YouTube and Voice Acting. If can't hit a million subscribers before then though I'll probably stop doing both those hobbies as much and go for an additional major in Economics so that I can still dedicate my life to something I actually enjoy now that I've realized how much I loathe my current major compared to so many other career options.
Dec 4, 2018 9:17 PM
Jul 2018
no, now this just makes me sad. I guess the future has planned things for me, mostly dark things
Dec 5, 2018 6:52 AM

Mar 2012
yes actually. by age 30 i should be a lawyer. my only problem now is whether im actually going to get to that point because im doing terribly right now
don't save her, she don't wanna be saved.
May 27, 2019 11:40 PM
May 2019
yonderly said:
Let's see... how much have I planned out...? Well, I can't say it's planned, but it'd be nice...:

20: In university or something. Have a job.
25: A relationship by now would be great.
30: A stable job as an accountant would be ideal.
35: Guess I'll have kids now.

...Uh.. I guess I don't shit planned out ;-;
Good list. Wish you all the best! Need to write my own now
May 27, 2019 11:50 PM

Jan 2017
plans only serve as starting points. they essentially get you to start on your journey. once you start on your journey, things can look completely different from what you had planned.
May 28, 2019 2:51 AM

Feb 2017
Thinking too much is bad. Just do your best in present and your future will shine.

May 28, 2019 3:43 AM

Feb 2019
Graduate, Find a job, Move into my first apartment and get a dog and maybe get married, though I am Planning on not getting married

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

May 28, 2019 4:12 AM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
What do you want by the time you're 30?
By the time I'm 30, it is unknown what will have happened of me. Time will tell, I can at least hint at inclinations in me that may come to show their influence: I'm craving for sciences and understanding, but I'm also naturally reflexive and I'd rather lead a stable and stern life. Probably will I be working at whatever suits most of what I seek, and perhaps I will be much lonely, unwilling to ever wed.

Who do you picture yourself to be by that point in time?
I'll probably be somewhat of a mixture of the forementioned, though probably I'll leave the place I grew up in, maybe south of my country, but even that...

What's changed about you in those years?
Maybe I'll have more insurance, at least I'll certainly be more mature and adult. What is certain is I won't want to depend on anyone.
EmiliaHoarfrostMay 28, 2019 4:17 AM

May 28, 2019 4:35 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
Considering how rarely things go according to plan... Like 5-6 years ago I used to make plans like that. Just thinking about it now makes me cringe.

I guess something mundane like most people here: more education, money, kids, turning my house into a dungeon, etc.
May 28, 2019 6:23 AM
May 2019
Nope, because...YOLO, simple lol :)
May 28, 2019 9:09 PM
May 2019
I don’t know what I want for certain by 30 or 40, but I do know I want to be able to comfortably retire. I already have a small nest in my 401k. Every younge person should start saving as much as they can so that by the time they reach 40 or whatever, they won’t be limited in life because of financial reasons.
May 29, 2019 3:26 AM
Jul 2018
it's all planned for you already. in the end it's all a matter of luck.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What ringtone do you use for your phone ? ( 1 2 3 )

Illumilighten - Dec 20, 2017

100 by dreamingneon »»
33 seconds ago

Poll: » thoughts on social experiments?

deg - 3 hours ago

1 by Zettaiken »»
4 minutes ago

» Is it ok if your partner has a best friend (bestie) of the opposite sex?

Thy-Veseveia - Apr 20

21 by dreamingneon »»
4 minutes ago

» What if Burger is on a stick?

Dragevard - Feb 10, 2022

11 by Nayborie »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Would you be a good partner? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

57 by Ejrodiew »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.