Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Jan 10, 2019 7:23 AM

Mar 2014
Well I can already guess that there is going to be something dark with this show (as I never read the manga before).

The killing is pretty brutal but interesting, if this was going to be some typical happy comedic story then it would be boring !!!
Jan 10, 2019 7:43 AM

Jun 2017
Excellent debut episode. The art and animation is great, especially the facial expressions for the characters. The pacing of the episode was also perfect - not rushed, so that the reveal delivered the intended shock. Can't wait for the next episode.

My Anime Blog
Jan 10, 2019 7:45 AM

Aug 2014
Great first episode adapted well. Can't wait to see reactions as it keeps going. Should be a big one!
Jan 10, 2019 7:55 AM
May 2016
Magichic19 said:
Where can we watch this when it airs officially subbed? Is it going to be simulcast?

it's on: Crunchyroll, Hidive, Animelab(australia), Hulu, Aniplex Channel, something called VVVVID, and Wakamin. Now I don't know if it's available on ALL of these right now, but it is available on Crunchyroll, and it should be available on Hidive, Hulu, and maybe Funimation
Jan 10, 2019 7:58 AM
Jan 10, 2019 8:01 AM

Aug 2017
Can someone stupid please jump into social media and start a controversial topic on this anime? That would surely help with the popularity of it :D. Thanks in advance to all the haters!!
Jan 10, 2019 8:25 AM

Aug 2013
I thought Dororo was already a gem but this one is freaking awesome as well. XD
Jan 10, 2019 8:43 AM

Mar 2017
This scene gave me the creeps.
Jan 10, 2019 9:43 AM

Nov 2017
Damn, cant wait for next eps. This is a good anime maybe like made in abyss.
So isabella has killed conny?

Jan 10, 2019 10:04 AM
Jul 2018
i actually cried when i heard norman's and ray's voices JHFKJDLF YESS MY CHILDREN ARE FINALLY ANIMATED I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!! i think the manga art is a lot better tho, i feel like they have too sharp noses 🤔 whew isabella looked hella creepy in that last scene
Jan 10, 2019 10:07 AM
Aug 2017
Amazing episode. Gave me the chills. We need more anime like this. If anyone needs a place to watch it, use Masteranime.es

It will have all the new anime weekly that you need with no viruses. Enjoy!
Jan 10, 2019 10:18 AM

Apr 2017
So far so good.I was about to start the manga but the anime adaptation finally is online. Pretty solid first episode,looking forward to the next one.
I don't typically read manga so if I get anything right please don't tell me.
Jan 10, 2019 10:23 AM
Feb 2018
Very impressed with the character design, interesting plot which leaves many questions to be answered, extremely solid ep 1.
Jan 10, 2019 10:25 AM
Oct 2017
Nice anime, visual and soundtrack is very" amazing..
Jan 10, 2019 10:40 AM

Jan 2009
Bobby2Hands said:
A pretty decent first episode though I did notice a stupid inconsistency.
We clearly see that Conny has her bunny just before leaving yet somehow it gets left behind in an entirely different room.
You are screaming for a spoiler, That would be explained in later episodes
Jan 10, 2019 10:52 AM

Jun 2012
This is going to be a good anime.

It's just sad since it was somewhat obvious as to what as happening.

It gave me the white walker offering vibes from GoT.
Jan 10, 2019 11:02 AM

Jan 2009
s6Official said:
Mehguman said:

So right before Conny went outside, she quickly went to the dining hall, stealth style, and left her favorite bunny on the dining table, then in a split second she returned back to mama and went outside the door? damn Conny! How did you do that?

I think it was a mistake from the studio, in the manga, when she said goodbye to her siblings, she wasn't holding her bunny.
It is not an error, that would be explained later in the show
Jan 10, 2019 11:06 AM

Mar 2016
So it's pretty much Michael Bay's "The Island", but in anime. Seems good, but since I was able to call the twist way in advance, it kind of took away most of the impact.

Also not sure what to think about this Gaussian Blur effect that they used to simulate the focus of a real camera - looks weird in anime if you ask me. The fact that it's only done in some scenes and not in others makes it even more distracting. Idk, maybe I'll get used to it, but I'd prefer if anime did stuff that can only be done in animation, rather than try to simulate real world cameras (If you have to do it, at least use a Lens Blur effect instead of Gaussian Blur to make it look like actual Bokeh).
Jan 10, 2019 11:24 AM

Dec 2018
Mormegil said:
TheFutureIsAni1 said:

I hope they don't hype people; then take away the rights to potential season 2 on other streaming sites! because that be so unfair! Amazon is lease anime streaming service; but withholding this series will probably make me buy there service though lol.

I think it'll be okay. Since it started out streaming on most platforms, a potential S2 would most likely be the same thing. Aniplex would want the most eyes as they can possibly get on The Promised Neverland and, again, I don't know what happened behind the scenes, but clearly something's up with the exclusive deal between Amazon and Noitamina. Also, the Animeism block ended their exclusive deal with Amazon as well, so...yeah. Seems like anime on Amazon just wasn't that successful as they had hoped, even if Amazon is still getting shows. They have Dororo and Kemurikusa this season. So, yeah, I think everything will be fine.

The problem is, Noitamina doesn't do sequels too often...

Well they be silly if they didn't continue the series since, there alot of hype and trending worldwide and pretty much everyone loves it !! But thanks for giving insight on the show!!
Feel free to check my anime list profile and my twitter account The Future Is Ani1!! For all things anime!! I hope you have great day!!
Jan 10, 2019 11:24 AM

Dec 2018
momosemomo said:
my heart hurts omfg

After show, same thing.. to much crying lol
Feel free to check my anime list profile and my twitter account The Future Is Ani1!! For all things anime!! I hope you have great day!!
Jan 10, 2019 11:26 AM

Dec 2018
Platypus7 said:
The dark twist was obvious and well foreshadowed but the exact nature of it and the great execution made it extremely thrilling.
It's going to be painful waiting a week for every new episode, leaving this to binge later would have been the smart choice.

I usually binge shows too but, I think I be hard to do that since so much hype lol.
Jan 10, 2019 11:51 AM
May 2014
Wow, I wasn't expecting to like that as much as I did. All the parts some people are calling "boring" (like the kids playing tag) were my favorite parts, great opportunities for character development. It was pretty well-paced, too. Sound effects were pretty top-notch, as well as the soundtrack.

My only complaints are 1) some background sets for panning shots had incongruous CG effects and 2) the dialogue was a little lacking in subtly at times.

I now have higher hopes for this than the other two I'm picking up this season.
Jan 10, 2019 11:57 AM
Nov 2017
Really liked this :D I guess most of the joy was devoted to the hype tho. Nevertheless it was a good start It reminds me of Attack on Titan and Owari no Seraph in some ways.
You can predict pretty much everything that happens but it's still pretty enjoyable. Looking forward to the next episode ^-^maybe I'll also read the manga since it must be very great according to several people (even though I'm noch such of a manga reader)
Jan 10, 2019 12:06 PM

Jun 2013
that was fucking intense
Jan 10, 2019 12:12 PM

Nov 2017
Having read the manga and some of the scans, it's an excellent episode as I had imagined! It's just a shame we see a little too Ray but otherwise everything is there! I loved the opening and the ending sung by the bands I know.
Jan 10, 2019 12:13 PM
Jul 2018
JudoJD said:
Pretty disappointing tbh
All that hype yet you can tell what's going to happen from a mile away

For the people who've read The promised neverland....do the plot twists get any better onwards
I didn't not read the manga for one of the most predictable first episode turn of events I've seen in a while..."don't even read the synopsis. IT WILL SHOCK YOU REEE" sigh 😅

The manga handled the plot twist(s) better in my opinion as it had a stronger, more detailed and better build up towards the plot twist. I already watched one episode of this adaptation and i can tell you that the manga is of higher quality thus worth a shot if you are interested.
removed-userJan 10, 2019 12:23 PM
Jan 10, 2019 12:16 PM

Nov 2013
I`m rarely left speechless

This episode made it so that i actually start posting on forums again after 2+ years
I am full on board this trainwreck that`s gonna commence and the hype is to the roof
This is where I`d put my signature...If i had one.
Jan 10, 2019 12:25 PM
Oct 2016
wow this was amazing. I had high expectations and this episode shattered all of them.
Jan 10, 2019 12:46 PM
Mar 2018
From the moment they showed Connie's smile i knew something bad was going to happen...and it did hah it's a wild guss but when they escape one of those 3 will die(maybe in the last episode) if I'm correct I'll give this show -1( if i feel it's 10/10 ill give it 9/10)
Jan 10, 2019 12:52 PM

Aug 2012
Nice episode , but I have a question. I know it is kinda of a spoiler but is the person that pretend to be the mother of the children human or is it something else? yes or no answer would suffice
Jan 10, 2019 12:55 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
I loved it. I know episode one is putting a good foot forward and I still worry about the production but I got my friend to go zip and read the manga the minute the episode was over. Haha.

Also I can hear you Killua.

JudoJD said:
Pretty disappointing tbh
All that hype yet you can tell what's going to happen from a mile away

For the people who've read The promised neverland....do the plot twists get any better onwards
I didn't not read the manga for one of the most predictable first episode turn of events I've seen in a while..."don't even read the synopsis. IT WILL SHOCK YOU REEE" sigh 😅

I feel like the opening episode is a bit obvious. It's more obvious with the directing then anything else but the twists on why they're there and the details of the system that keep them there were fascinating to me. Don't know if you're much of a manga reader but the difference in the two is drastic in how information is presented.

nightcrawlercyp said:
Nice episode , but I have a question. I know it is kinda of a spoiler but is the person that pretend to be the mother of the children human or is it something else? yes or no answer would suffice

You'll find out in the next episode.

Jan 10, 2019 12:57 PM
Aug 2015
In a way, reminds me of the drama Never let me go / Watashi wo Hanasanaide.

This first episode was really interesting! I'm looking forward to the next one. The face of the mama at the end was quite scary.
Jan 10, 2019 12:58 PM

Oct 2016
I haven't read the manga, but I knew that cute little girl would be the first one to die as soon as I saw her. I just didn't expect it would happen that fast...

Do you guys think the adaptation is rushed compared to the original material? Or is the pace just fine?
Jan 10, 2019 1:14 PM
Jan 2019
Omg not Conny 😭😭
Jan 10, 2019 1:16 PM
Feb 2017
Oh boy, what the fuck!!! It's only the first episode but I've already alot of hope for this anime. WHAT THE FUCK WAS DAT? I will definitely suffer till death in this season.
Jan 10, 2019 1:30 PM

Dec 2015
It was good. I really enjoyed watching it. Just the ending felt a bit rushed for me regarding Norman's reaction when they got back, I thought maybe he shouldn't be smiling after seeing what happened.
Jan 10, 2019 1:38 PM
Jul 2018
I expected the plot twist, but neither so early nor so shock. And now it's time to plan everyone's escape, has the mother already understood?
Jan 10, 2019 1:59 PM
Aug 2018
This is an absolutely perfect concept to me. I love the mix between typical shonen adventure and dark creepy horror. It's a best of both worlds.
"People always say that you can't please everybody. I think that's a cop-out. Why not attempt it? 'Cause think of all the people you will please if you try."
- Kanye West

Jan 10, 2019 1:59 PM

Jun 2016
I guess it's just a lot of people here talking about how good this episode was,
but I guess I'm gonna interrupt the hype flow for a second, and ask you guys what was so exceptional about this anime episode?

Here, let me start with saying that I come here having read a bit of the manga myself, and first thing I notice is how the art style, as unique as it was in the manga, was watered down in the anime. The only thing that makes this anime visually appealing are the character design - anything else just looks average. The animation is also average, it's not really fluid, especially when you have the 2d anime drawing moving on the 3d cgi background. The shots aren't very creative either, I'd say that the manga's panels are way more interesting to look at...
..Not to mention, the direction is just weak, the "I am food" realization isn't nearly as impactful as it's in the manga, and I feel like the episode should've ended with the second chapter's first panel too emphasize its horror themes
To give the anime a few pros tho, the ost was good, the "comptuer" scene was handled pretty great (good sound effects) and not showing the monster at first was a great choice, but I feel as the big "how the monster looks" reveal was delayed too much.

That's it for this episode - it's okay. I'm not gonna go over my gripes with the story just now (and write 4 paragraphs on why Promised Neverland doesn't work as a horror story) since it's just the first episode; I'm hoping for the anime to fix the main issues I have for the manga but I'm pretty sure it won't - still willing to give it a try tho.
DropOfLoveJan 10, 2019 2:25 PM
Jan 10, 2019 3:04 PM

Mar 2013
I was a bit worried that the animation wouldn't be able to bring out how scary Isabella can look in the manga, but that shot of her at the end was fantastic
Mastery through endless repetition.
Jan 10, 2019 4:21 PM

Sep 2018
It really breaks my heart!!! they are so young to experience this!!! Conny!!! it really pains me :( .. the story is good but it sad :(
Jan 10, 2019 4:41 PM

Dec 2009
Interesting so far. Only the character design bothers me, sometimes their bodies and heads don't look proportional, at least to me.
Jan 10, 2019 4:53 PM

Nov 2014
rsc-pl said:
hazarddex said:
they are KIDS you sicko

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=unappealing
[...]ugly gross lame bad boring hideous. These are all the words most commonly associated with an unappealing person

you need to get your eyes checked if you think the kids are unappealing.
Jan 10, 2019 5:01 PM

Nov 2013
Boy i knew some sh*t was gonna happen in the end, looks very promising. Btw it took me half of the episode to realize emma was a girl *very ashamed of myself*

Jan 10, 2019 5:10 PM

Oct 2016
Jesus Christ, going absolutely brutal, 1 episode into. Nice.
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Jan 10, 2019 5:38 PM

Jan 2013
Can't believe it's finally here! I've been waiting so much for it!
They did a great job adapting the manga, i could feel shivers down my spine, the same dark and mysteriously horrendous ambient as in the manga, plus the music made it so much better! I couldn't be happier!

Would be great if this got 24 eps.

They made this even worse by making us love the girl and be happy for her :(

"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jan 10, 2019 5:46 PM

Oct 2017
That was really good. The way the characters look since their mouths so close to their nose threw me off. And the fact that the main character is a girl (from the main poster I thought it was three boys).
Hey there! If you'd like to talk about anime or anything else feel free to drop a comment on my page or DM me. I'd be glad to have a conversation and make some new friends :)
My list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Amazinc?status=7&order=4&order2=0

Jan 10, 2019 5:46 PM

Jul 2014
Well this was traumatic haha... It really was for me. I went into it without even reading about it. It was really good in my opinion, I know I will cry for sure.

Before they took Conny away I really hoped she will be okay. And of course, my heart skipped a beat when i saw her dead body.
"That smile was like the sun on a hot summer day...with eyes like ice."
Jan 10, 2019 6:10 PM

May 2014
The pacing of this episode is incredible, knowing a bit about the show going in I felt an air of unease, but not knowing exactly how it would play out left me wondering how the rest of the episode would go. And that last few seconds, it really gives you enough anxiety that you *need* to see the next episode. Great work on the production here, really looking forward to the next episode
Jan 10, 2019 6:21 PM
Oct 2018
The art direction and the music are on point. Simple amazing. In Cloveworks + A1 Pictures we trust.
Immediately I will read the manga to avoid some spoilers.
Pages (12) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» I'm in a dilemma help ( 1 2 )

Saphhh - Mar 25

51 by EpicAlphaMale »»
Apr 1, 1:40 AM

» Best Season of Anime Ever?

bigeli2020 - Jul 18, 2022

47 by Zimmu »»
Mar 25, 12:35 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 28, 2019

567 by Sus_baby »»
Mar 25, 12:53 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 28, 2019

295 by Yanarsen »»
Mar 4, 7:41 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 31, 2019

245 by WuzWutz »»
Feb 22, 7:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.