Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 2, 2018 7:15 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice, they are officially an unit of 5 people now for their squad. This completes their group and I feel like they can learn a lot from each other.

Looks like the episode had them cheer for a soccer team. Well, that is quite something...
Uki's little brother really is like her lol
Stark700Dec 2, 2018 9:29 AM
Dec 2, 2018 9:47 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Interesting episode. Its nice that they managed to convince Kana to join and thus giving them the numbers needed to become a club. Kana's attitude towards Arima sure was different. Given Kotetsu's name i guess its normal for her to not want to stand out i guess. The reference to sentai shows was amusing. Its funny how they literally forced the teacher to become the advisor. Uki's brother's hatred of girls sure was rather unusual but his comments about cheerleaders sure ended up getting Uki fired up. The combo of the girls performance and the boys shouts sure matched well and made the game much more fun. It was nice seeing the change in attitude towards cheerleading in Akane in the end. His interactions with the girls sure was cute.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 2, 2018 10:09 AM

Aug 2012

I knew i heard that song before when they did that halftime performance.
Dec 2, 2018 11:11 AM

Mar 2018
MrAwesome2018 said:

I knew i heard that song before when they did that halftime performance.

Same, totally heard it before... Thought of Morita-san after thinking hard for about 5 minutes... Nice!
Good to see other people recognizing it.

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Dec 2, 2018 11:37 AM

Aug 2018
Kohane becoming club president? I think she's suited for the role. It's not like I've seen much worse club presidents in other anime, so yeah. :-P
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this message is unavailable in your region.
Please come drink tea, eat cake and procrastinate at the Cute Girls Doing Cute Things Club. We have simulwatches! \o/
Dec 2, 2018 12:13 PM

Nov 2016
Yeah, this was a fun episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 2, 2018 3:13 PM

Jul 2015
They are now a club! So well deserved.

I loved the second half of the episode, both nice in comedy with Uki trying to tell that she's a cheerleader to her brother and then with the own cheering and him realizing that cheerleaders are actually awesome.
Dec 2, 2018 4:46 PM

Apr 2011
Yehey! They're finally a club now! Plus they get an advisor, and a cheerleading performance for Uki's little bro soccer team.

Still love they comedy in this anime. I got the laugh for Kohane giving the club form to Kana like its a marriage proposal, then Kohane, trying to get
sensei as their advisor by telling her of the embarrassing dance. No need for blackmail. And Uki trying to tell her lil bro the truth. The halftime performance
is still fun to watch the girls dancing even if its short. A good animation as always.

I'm happy that they're all complete and now a club. I think Kohane fits the role as club prez, but I prefer Hizume.

Gotta love this anime. It always manages to make me smile and laugh.
MagitoDec 2, 2018 4:54 PM
Dec 2, 2018 11:14 PM
Nov 2017
Kana no longer sneaking behind the rest in the OP. :)
Dec 3, 2018 3:37 AM

Oct 2007
Kohane begging for money is cute! Uki has some nice imagination. :D

Finally, they can receive some club funds now.
Dec 3, 2018 10:18 AM

Jul 2016
Although I didn't like Uki's little brother at first, the last scene where he thanked her for cheer them up was rather sweet.

So now they're an official club. And in addition to that, they can receive some club funds and Kohane convince Inukai sensei of becoming their club advisor, which is nice.

Also, Kohane became the president of the club... I don't know if that's the best decision since I prefer Hizume for that position but well... as someone had said above me, there have been worse presidents in other anime xD

P.S.: With all the mystery surrounding Hizume's brother, I now want to know more about him, being honest. I wonder if he will appear at some point in the show.
Dec 4, 2018 10:59 PM

Oct 2008
Another very good episode!
they now have five members so definitely from being a cheer association they are now officially a cheer club!
Inukai-sensei is their club adviser! nice!
Thanos STRIKES AGAIN!
Uki's little bro is such a shy tsundere! but at least Uki proved him wrong that Cheer is not a nuisance! but actually a good morale support!
props to YURiKA on performing their cheer song! that was great!
5/5.
matias067Dec 4, 2018 11:03 PM

Dec 5, 2018 7:52 AM

May 2017
Kotetsu really reminds me of Kaos lol and especially when Kotetsu is savagely smug roasting someone subconsciously, her eyes reminds me of a character I seemed to have forgotten
LairucremDec 5, 2018 8:08 AM
Dec 5, 2018 10:00 AM

Dec 2015
Aw...if Akane (Uki's younger brother) has same height as Uki's height, he shoould be perfected can crossdresing as Uki with longer wig...:3
Sep 29, 2019 3:00 PM

May 2012
That ending was great! Looking forwards to see what's next!
Dec 2, 2020 7:13 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Cheering a football match with Uki's little brother haha, it was nice
Mar 11, 2021 10:48 AM

Feb 2020
The interaction between Uki and her little bro was so hilarious.

The match was also nice and again the girls did a fantastic performance. :)

SerafosDec 31, 2023 3:20 AM
Oct 20, 2021 9:22 AM

Aug 2018
Well.. To be honest.. Cheerleading is lewd.. Just that you can take it as ok, or you can not like it.. I don't think you should call it not lewd, really.. Maybe by today's standards or something.. But in general - such outfits are revealing.. Some of movements are exposing more skin than usual.. I just personally think it's fine, really, that it's lewd.. Like swimsuits are also lewd.. Some things are lewd, and it's totally fine, really.. Or ban swimsuits then, lol.. Don't actually do that, though - just saying that it'd be ridiculous, if swimsuits would be banned - what are we living in some highly religious society or something?.. Just that cheerleading isn't only lewd.. It's also cool, cute, inspiring, and other stuff..
Aug 7, 2023 10:15 AM

Aug 2019
relatively boring episode.  ukis brother is annoying.
the show name should be something like "making everyone like cheerleading through blackmail and brainwashing"

HiljainenSipuliAug 7, 2023 10:25 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 30, 2023 11:42 AM
Oct 2023
The second perfect episode of the series. Everything progressed nicely. We got to meet blonde's little brother, who they ended up cheering on in a soccer match. The relationship between brother and sister was interesting to see. They got an advisor, although technically they aren't a club yet. Redhead improved this episode. I'd say she's average overall now, but if she can keep up this momentum, she'll end the series looking just as good as the other characters. Everything went well all around. Through nine episodes, my rating is 7.7/10. Continuing to improve since the trash that was episode seven.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Anima Yell! Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2018

29 by wildhood »»
Apr 20, 6:37 PM

Poll: » Anima Yell! Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2018

23 by Deazu »»
Jan 17, 5:26 PM

Poll: » Anima Yell! Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2018

41 by Deazu »»
Jan 13, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Anima Yell! Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2018

32 by Deazu »»
Jan 10, 6:44 PM

Poll: » Anima Yell! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2018

79 by Deazu »»
Jan 7, 9:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.