Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 2, 2018 12:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, we got some bonding between Onoki and Boruto this episode. For someone of his age, he sure still remembers the his past pretty well.

In the meantime, I found the first half of the epsiode to be rather dull. The buildup for the enemy side had me somewhat interested though.
Dec 2, 2018 1:16 AM

Apr 2017
if the young shinobi in this era are weak, why not train them like how they used to do instead of making those akuta
Dec 2, 2018 2:39 AM

Oct 2015
This episode was more interesting than the last few ones. Still not the best arc, but I like how Oonoki is teaching things to Boruto.
The concept of that training field seems interesting too, even if it's just another cliché. What I don't understand is why Oonoki doesn't find his own stone, and get them out of there. He knows all about it, so he must have already found his stone, or something. Probably he just wants to train Boruto there.

Also this episode must have been sponsored by Bear Grylls.
Dec 2, 2018 3:11 AM

Feb 2013
Bear Grylls would be proud of Boruto.
Dec 2, 2018 4:50 AM

Feb 2018
This was crazy boring like always.
Dec 2, 2018 7:02 AM

Aug 2013
Slim_Lamie said:
This episode was more interesting than the last few ones. Still not the best arc, but I like how Oonoki is teaching things to Boruto.
The concept of that training field seems interesting too, even if it's just another cliché. What I don't understand is why Oonoki doesn't find his own stone, and get them out of there. He knows all about it, so he must have already found his stone, or something. Probably he just wants to train Boruto there.

Also this episode must have been sponsored by Bear Grylls.

Most likely each person must find his/her own heart stone. So if Onoki uses his, he will leave Boruto to rot there.
Nembu said:
if the young shinobi in this era are weak, why not train them like how they used to do instead of making those akuta

That's right. Seems that he doesn't have any trust in young ninjas, so he resorted to create Akuta.
Please consider reading my novel for MAL x Honeyfeed Writing contest 2023 https://www.honeyfeed.fm/novels/12252
Dec 2, 2018 8:39 AM

Apr 2018
Akkun calling Chōchō chubs was the highlight of this episode. In fact, why not replace at least half the cast with Akkun? 10/10 would defintelly enjoy the show more.
Dec 2, 2018 9:18 AM

Jun 2014
Nembu said:

This. I said this exact thing in last week's episode.

Didn't care much for anything in this episode....again.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Dec 2, 2018 12:08 PM

Oct 2015
thebrentinator24 said:
Nembu said:

This. I said this exact thing in last week's episode.

Yeah, and there are some inconsistencies:

Back in the original series, "kids" just had to do a transformation jutsu to pass the academy exam, and walking on water was basically a strong genin/chunnin level technique. In this series it's a requirement to pass, also mere academy students are capable of jounin-level techniques, they can summon, etc, etc.

They raised the bar by a LOT at the academy, so what's up with that?

Current academy students are like old-chunnin level in this series. As for current chunnin and jounin levels, they should be even stronger, but instead they're... stagnant. Like they get to a very strong level in the academy, and they just exist, or something like that...? Hopefully my point is understandable.
Dec 2, 2018 12:36 PM

Jul 2017
oh my god this episode was so annoying, Ohnoki needs to shut up and give up already, he's literally committing crimes, Naruto will not be happy about this when he finds out
Dec 2, 2018 3:25 PM

Jan 2017
This writer is so agitated by the snowflake generation... or so I thought! Even to the extent of using Ohnoki (the elder) he voiced his opinions about the role of academics, saying that too much emphasis is on the books; and for this anime, which had paled in comparison to naruto, seems to have made a good decision in doing something like this. He even went in on liberalism being popular amongst younger demographics, with his notions of the youth mocking traditions... damn.

P.S.
naruto is still the best
Dec 2, 2018 4:21 PM

May 2014
Nice calm ep. Funny to see Akuta learning the word Chubs and saying that to Chocho. Hhaha, lol.

Ohnoki and Boruto is building up a relationship which is nice. Ohnoki is making an army of Akuta since he doesn't believe in this generation of shinobi. Somehow I understand. Since they have no experience of war they aren't as good as the previous generations. But somehow as Naruto says the new generation will exceed the old one. One way or another I think Boruto will convince Ohnoki about that. Really calm ep. since it's only a build-up ep.

Dec 2, 2018 4:30 PM

Sep 2017
Pretty much a real world lesson.
The lack of experience is to be blamed on their education system.
Throwing books at kids will only show theory, But
Nothing beats hands-on experience.
Dec 2, 2018 6:13 PM

Feb 2012
Well that sure was something fro Onokhi.

Cant believe next ep he's reallly going to look for that stone. And lol that crazy looking doctor in the preview.
Dec 3, 2018 2:04 AM

Jul 2016
In this episode, Boruto learns basic survival shit he should've learned in academy. God damn it, Shino.

But for real, this was pretty fun. The older series never really covered the nitty-gritty of every-day ninja life, other than heavily implying that people had it rough.
Dec 3, 2018 5:42 AM

Jan 2013
I lost track when this arc started... this shit looking longer than 4th Shinobi War arc.
Dec 3, 2018 2:29 PM

Nov 2018
The most boring ep so far goes to 84.
Dec 3, 2018 8:25 PM

Nov 2017
papsoshea said:
I thought the theme of the Naruto franchise is the younger generation always surpasses the older generation? Looks like this generation is weaker... Is because they weren't brought up in the eras of war?

- "There is nothing to worry about" era's. That was the era where boruto and his friends life.

- oh... they're forget to said disgusting yet sastifying.. and of course
HAKUNA MATATA!
Now Loading.....
Dec 3, 2018 8:39 PM

Nov 2017
papsoshea said:
What in Merriam-Webster's Dictionary is this grammar?

can you fix it for me? i dont know which is need to be fixed. My english sucks i know
Now Loading.....
Dec 4, 2018 8:07 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Onoki's answer to Boruto's question though was lol. Thats an impressive barrier that they are trapped behind though. Still its nice that Boruto actually entered this area as he gets to see what its like trying to solve a problem without jutsu and see that even in the modern age basic skills are still important. Hmm Kirara is trying to become more human huh. The child Akuta is as cute as ever miming out letters. It's nice seeing Boruto get a lesson on basic survival lessons and see how it can work in practice. The expansion upon Onoki's motivations and the reason for creating Ku was insightful. At the same time its also good that we get to know more about the synthetics too. Seems the synthetics also have their own probs too.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2018 4:23 PM

Oct 2008
is that purple activated talisman the reason by Boruto and Ohnoki get stuck into the Sanzu Plains!?
another slow episode...good thing I didn't get sleepy...
4/5.

Dec 4, 2018 4:40 PM

Oct 2015
Boruto was better at eating worms than Naruto:-D.

Those dolls are really falling apart, I wonder who will fix them since Ohnoki is stuck in that barrier? Speaking of Ohnoki, he sure is a wise old guy but I don't think Boruto agrees with the whole system he is speaking of. Especially the one of using those artificial humans as fighting tools.

I wonder how will Boruto that heart shaped stone, I'm really hyped for it!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 5, 2018 9:31 PM

Dec 2013
Tbh I don’t really care about Boruto learning how to find food or about this heart stone stuff.

This arc is painfully slow.
Dec 15, 2018 6:38 AM
Jun 2017
Lol! Boruto learned some practical shinobi skills.
Aug 2, 2020 9:45 PM

Sep 2018
I thought they're enemies, but not! They're curious about human.. they're all like Mitsuki :(
Sep 24, 2021 10:19 AM
May 2021
While the conversation between Oonoki and Boruto I remembered the conversation between Naruto and Hiruzen. Again things get copied from the Naruto series but in this case it was kinda legit because it showed us that Naruto and Boruto had both a whise old man they learned important things from.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 156 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2020

42 by Tony2Phones »»
Yesterday, 4:17 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 112 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2019

33 by YouTsuki_nbm »»
Apr 9, 6:32 PM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 65 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

42 by Rayquazatempest »»
Apr 9, 1:01 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 293 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2023

145 by Rayquazatempest »»
Apr 9, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Boruto: Naruto Next Generations Episode 66 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

11 by Gabriel31YT »»
Apr 7, 10:28 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.