Forum Settings
Forums
A Certain Magical Index SS (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 1, 2018 2:53 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Reading these shorter stories felt really nice!
I have finished reading vol13 just yesterday, and this was really a fast read, shorthen than most previous volumes but I would say really interesting to read.

Things goes for anyone that has seen only previously the adaptation for the whole series, but I gotta appreciate how bigger and bigger the scope of the series is getting.
Characters like Unabara and Awaki previously minor came back in really interesting ways, as a previously anime only, I never cared much about all the organizations going on, that is the main weakness of the adaptations, alot of details are lost, details that matter.
Heard about GROUP before while reading some summaries and the extensive toaru's wiki, but now I m really interested in reading more about them (hyping that Battle Royal arc), you just have to read to understand how much significance it has.
It is very interesting to see Tsuchimikado interacting with Accel, and the way the story has interconnected different arcs and plots, merging previous unrelated cast together makes reading so far very meaningful, and it only gets better!
Very, very interested in what the future holds on for GROUP (even though I already know generally how the plot will take shape from the whole series, till New Testament, and even among so of its lastest released volumes).
Totally unrelated but I have a thing for Awaki, I loved her confrontation with Kuroko, and I wouldnt mind to see her interaction with Accelerator more, if Touma gets an harem, why cant Accel get one also?

Looking forward to see Hamazura's redemption, cuz he was portrayed like a really fucked up individual with a retarded attitude, but since he was punched by Touma's right and only... everything should turn out right, since his arm has the power to turn villains in protagonists!
Wanted more of that short encounter between Touma and Accelerator, their confrontation was on volume 3... how much longer will Kazuma makes us wait on those regards?
I can count 2-3 quick encounters so far, whereas neither both realize who the other party is (more if you consider volume 13), I know it all gets very meaningful later on, but I get the feeling Acell will get all tsuntsun over Touma for awaking him up to the shit he was doing so, I predict those interactions will be quite amusing to read.

Taking consideration, the timeline for this series doesnt move alot from each volume to the next, I mean, up in volume 21 of NT and we still on December, which is like 2 months ahead of the current volume, taking this in consideration, yes volume 13 happened just a few days ago (somehow both Touma and Accelerator recover VERY fast from their battles, both physically and mentally), even knowing that only a few days have passed, seeing Last Order feeling lonely and asking Heaven Canceller where Accel was... that pulled some strings on my heart, I hope they reunite soon enough...

That takes care of all the seriouness topics regarding this volume, onto the more greener pastures.
Misuzu was back and I had quite alot of fun overall, Touma thinking he couldnt let Mikoto drink cuz she would end up like her mother got me good, so Touma already thinking about his future engaged life heh? Nice.
She calling Acell "White guy" was also quite funny.

Whereas the first SS was funny, it doesnt deserve any mention, unlike Kaori! She looked soo silly but also cute in her own way, dealing with that washing machine~~
I totally get it why she is Touma weakness, this onee-sama is DARN CUTE.

Very surprised to have seen no one opening even one post on this entry, considering it has been released 11 years ago and the series is soo popular, for a LN.
Guess I will have to open another for SS2 when I get to ready it, which should still take at least a week since I have 14-16 of awesomess to read first!
Started October 4th, and I have finally reached the point where I will start to read the material that I never seen adapted yet, whereas most people just skipped these volumes after anime and started with 14, this was the right move to do, so many details on 1-13 + SS1, and despite all the lows, there were also quite alot of highs of reading all this content I previously had watch.

This Short Story really steps up GROUP in a very interesting way to me, and has alot of repercutions due to being Hamazura's debut also, surely reading the next volumes will be a joy~~

PlaycoolDec 1, 2018 3:30 AM
May 18, 2019 11:31 AM
Aug 2013
I really cant put it in words how much I loved this volume!!
It was fantastic to see the reaction about the war news from different point of views whether from science side or magic side. and Touma coming up to a conclusion to learn English cracked me up xD

OMG Motoharu and Accelerator!! that was a combination I would have never expected but one of the best, I totally love it! pretty much the whole GROUP members especially with the conflict between Accelerator and Awaki but it makes it more interesting. and Accelerator calling Motoharu Senpai was one of the best things lol xD
And Accelerator strikes again with his character development <3

Washing machine chan is back xD and Kaori interaction with it was hilarious xD
lol Kaori is officially part of the squad now, poor Itsuwas she feels pressured already xD

I've been so eager for any encounter between Touma and Accelerator but we have got another indirect one, we are being teased u_u
and that email from Mikoto, I wonder if we will ever know its content, but my guess would be it's related to her leaving Academy city.

also that encounter between GROUP at the end was so thrilling and exciting. and the pic of them is so badass
Playcool said:

Started October 4th, and I have finally reached the point where I will start to read the material that I never seen adapted yet

seeing your discussion posts, I have always admired your super power of how fast you were able to finish this amount in short time xD kinda invincible
May 18, 2019 8:10 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
__amaterasu__ said:
I really cant put it in words how much I loved this volume!!
It was fantastic to see the reaction about the war news from different point of views whether from science side or magic side. and Touma coming up to a conclusion to learn English cracked me up xD

OMG Motoharu and Accelerator!! that was a combination I would have never expected but one of the best, I totally love it! pretty much the whole GROUP members especially with the conflict between Accelerator and Awaki but it makes it more interesting. and Accelerator calling Motoharu Senpai was one of the best things lol xD
And Accelerator strikes again with his character development <3

Washing machine chan is back xD and Kaori interaction with it was hilarious xD
lol Kaori is officially part of the squad now, poor Itsuwas she feels pressured already xD

I've been so eager for any encounter between Touma and Accelerator but we have got another indirect one, we are being teased u_u
and that email from Mikoto, I wonder if we will ever know its content, but my guess would be it's related to her leaving Academy city.

also that encounter between GROUP at the end was so thrilling and exciting. and the pic of them is so badass
Playcool said:

Started October 4th, and I have finally reached the point where I will start to read the material that I never seen adapted yet

seeing your discussion posts, I have always admired your super power of how fast you were able to finish this amount in short time xD kinda invincible

Moonreader bro, that app has auto scrolling, which in turns makes you read faster but still understand, besides this series itself most of the times is a great read despite all the slow moments.
If you read a bit each time you are commuting, and then get addicted while reading certain volumes, it is not that hard.
(you should see how fast I read Tate no Yuusha, almost 6 volumes in a week)
Aug 26, 2020 4:51 PM

Mar 2019
This volume was very interesting, it had a lot of good moments with all the characters especially Accelerator. I feel bad for Last Order, but I know someday that Accelerator will be back.

Also, the images in this volume were even better than usually.

Nov 26, 2020 9:00 AM

Jan 2017
I cracked up a lot reading the English church dorm scene, seems like Washing Machine-chan is truly a big enemy among the women there, but then Orsola went and do what she does best : Preach good teachings. I truly love this side of her since we mostly see her silly side.

Accelerator got an upgrade from 15 mins electrode time to 30 mins, but at the expense of being controlled by somebody (Putting my bets on Aleister himself atm) , seeing his interactions with the other GROUP members was fun especially Iwaki. Speaking of Iwaki, I like how she also got a gadget to assist with her ability just like Accel.

Overall, this is basically a "calm before the storm"-isque collection of side stories, it definitely got me hyped for the eventual war to come

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index SS Volume 02 Discussion

Playcool - Dec 8, 2018

2 by FragmantLemon »»
Dec 30, 2020 6:37 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.