Forum Settings
Forums
Nov 30, 2018 5:04 PM

Why is this being adapted to manga after so many years? And with Oh Great?

Dec 2, 2018 7:05 PM

SteelingMax said:

Why wasn't this adapted into a manga so many years ago? Better now or never. Especially since the anime and light novels are so long and people are likely intimidated to start. The manga can be a good entry point for the new generation, and get some discussions going.

Or even more likely, and the one I'm betting on, is that Oh! Great went up to NisiOisiN. Being two authors with puns for names, this was an easy-breezy discussion that didn't distract from Nisio's busy busy writing schedule. Oh! Great fell in love with Hitagi at first sight, and felt there was injustice that every other harem member gets more screentime and more fanservice shots.

"I cannot allow this!" He yelled at the top of his lungs.

Nisio blinked in astonishment.

He had not predicted that this would happen, as half of Japan are Shinobu shippers or Hanekawa salters. He felt as if he finally found someone he can trust this task to. He felt that this man could revive the Hitagi ship after he concluded it in Musubimonogatari.

No one was talking about Musubi, so this was like a blessing. They hugged each other, they danced, they fondled each other, then Nisio gave him his seal of approval.

Shaking hands like Jojo characters.

That's how the manga was born.

Dec 2, 2018 8:24 PM

SteelingMax said:

to make more money out of the franchise.

Dec 3, 2018 7:53 AM

Draconix814 said:
SteelingMax said:

Why wasn't this adapted into a manga so many years ago? Better now or never. Especially since the anime and light novels are so long and people are likely intimidated to start. The manga can be a good entry point for the new generation, and get some discussions going.

Or even more likely, and the one I'm betting on, is that Oh! Great went up to NisiOisiN. Being two authors with puns for names, this was an easy-breezy discussion that didn't distract from Nisio's busy busy writing schedule. Oh! Great fell in love with Hitagi at first sight, and felt there was injustice that every other harem member gets more screentime and more fanservice shots.

"I cannot allow this!" He yelled at the top of his lungs.

Nisio blinked in astonishment.

He had not predicted that this would happen, as half of Japan are Shinobu shippers or Hanekawa salters. He felt as if he finally found someone he can trust this task to. He felt that this man could revive the Hitagi ship after he concluded it in Musubimonogatari.

No one was talking about Musubi, so this was like a blessing. They hugged each other, they danced, they fondled each other, then Nisio gave him his seal of approval.

Shaking hands like Jojo characters.

That's how the manga was born.

I can imagine it happening

Jun 18, 12:44 AM
RafaelPereira97 said:
SteelingMax said:

to make more money out of the franchise.

well, that is obvious, and I'm surprised that Kodansha put this manga in the shounen demography (considering it's seinen in the original or anime).

Jun 18, 2:38 AM

It's a bad adaptation that doesn't grasp the essence of the source material