Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 30, 2018 9:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, so I guess this show is giving more chances for Hitomi to build her relationship with Sho. I think it's important so that she can develop her personality more.

Felt like the pacing slowed down a bit to focus more on Hitomi in general. I think she's changed a bit since joining the photography club, becoming more confident while being part of a social circle.

Nov 30, 2018 10:04 AM

Apr 2010
The screaming part was funny.
Anyway a confession and a rejection it had to happen but it seemed to have been a eye opener for Hitomi.
The question now is what will she do about Aoi.
Nov 30, 2018 11:13 AM

Dec 2017
ok, listen, i get that this whole color blindness is connected to the emotions/feelings and the whole plot revolves around them, but was it really necessary to throw this love dodecahedron in? just why?
Nov 30, 2018 11:59 AM
Jul 2016
Bad episode. Unnecessary drama. This Shou likes Hitomi thing came out of nowhere. Feel bad for Asagi. Guy chose super-bland girl he barely knows over her. I hope she has bigger ambition than being Shou rebound girl.
Nov 30, 2018 12:30 PM

May 2015
G-Pele23 said:
Bad episode. Unnecessary drama. This Shou likes Hitomi thing came out of nowhere. Feel bad for Asagi. Guy chose super-bland girl he barely knows over her. I hope she has bigger ambition than being Shou rebound girl.
I pretty much agree with all this. Justice for Asagi.

♡ artist
サコ
Nov 30, 2018 12:35 PM

Mar 2016
oh great, the dreaded love square.....
Nov 30, 2018 1:02 PM

Jul 2017
Goddamn it is Kana Ichinose becoming the next rejected childhood friend seiyuu now

uninstallthegame said:
ok, listen, i get that this whole color blindness is connected to the emotions/feelings and the whole plot revolves around them, but was it really necessary to throw this love dodecahedron in? just why?

Well this is PA Works we're talking about. It's nothing new looking at A Lull in the Sea or Glassip
Nov 30, 2018 1:10 PM

Aug 2013
not this....this ain't it coach
Don't believe the hype.
Nov 30, 2018 1:12 PM

Jul 2015
#LoveForAsagi

She needs it
Nov 30, 2018 1:36 PM

Jan 2016
What a mess of episode. This drama is not necessary at all
Nov 30, 2018 1:41 PM
Jan 2017
these love triangles weren't necessary .. the show would have been better if it talks only about friendship and help each other if u know what i mean

no problem with love but at least give everyone his lover and dont make one love a girl from the future over his childhood friend
Nov 30, 2018 1:43 PM
Jan 2018
I don't like asagi, if she liked sho for so long why didn't she tell him, now that sho likes someone else she's sad and jealous of Hitomi?
it's her own fault for not saying anything, what's the point of liking someone if you don't plan on telling them.
Nov 30, 2018 1:45 PM
Jul 2018
Very lame episode with cheap dramas and don't felt watching related to color-blind plot. First of all I can't feel why did even Shou attempted to confess her to begin with since he didn't do much 'special development' unlike Aoi had and overall that wasn't any cleverly attempted at all.

Oh and another drama toward the end and that was another time Hitomi's fault. I don't even like her from the very first moment she appeared on screen but the show's writing even making her very uninteresting. Very bad episode compare to the last one imo.
Nov 30, 2018 1:53 PM

Jun 2017
Now
Sho liking Hitomi didn't come out of nowhere, it was clearly shown in previous episodes that he liked her
I don't find Asagi a bad character, i actually know someone really similar to her, she liked someone for years only for that someone to marry another girl;moreover Asagi feels genuine imo
But
This show's strengths are the visuals, the storytelling and its focus on the parallelism between color blindness and art, this doesn't add anything to the main focus of the show and it just wastes beautiful backgrounds and our time on unnecessary stuff:Did we need this episode?Do we need the love triangles?Do we really need to focus on this?
If the show acknowledged the situation and dealt quickly with it,without useless screaming,crying or fleeing, we wouldn't be here writing these comments

This might not hurt the show that much, but it needs to end next week and return to its original point, which was executed well
May our sweet and Merciful Madoka be with you
Nov 30, 2018 2:19 PM
Jan 2016
man i was really excited and was rooting for hitomi so that she can reject sho, but damn it was good. i was really hoping that she would not accept the feelings from sho.well thanks god it really went well
Nov 30, 2018 2:20 PM

Apr 2016
The heroine Hitomi (dialogue, voice acting, behavior) is really the weakest points of the show. I feel somewhat sorry for the people working on this anime. It could have been easily a lot better just by not overdoing the shy, weak, dumb, introvert, scarred, insecure trope.
Nov 30, 2018 2:54 PM
Feb 2017
Are they Shouko and Yuzuru from Koe no Katachi?
* 06:33
Nov 30, 2018 2:59 PM

Sep 2011
Shou took a chance, and confessed his feelings. He was as open as he could be about them too, talking with Yuito before going out with Hitomi, and looking only at her on the photos they were together. But alas, it was never meant to be, and he was rejected.

I guess I liked how it was handled, Hitomi was at a loss instead of outrightly rejecting him, though it was more because she didn't consider herself worthy of love and not because she was unsure of her feelings towards Shou, and this was the sad part. His love was so one-sided that I can't help but feel bad for the guy, it was a given, but still... At least he won't regret not telling her how he felt.
Nov 30, 2018 3:59 PM

Sep 2014
The dialogue and voice acting is so good in this show and actually depict very well how Japanese speak and behave like. And finally characters that act like their actual age! I also like how they don't add any unnecessary drama, everything that happened in this episode actually was foreshadowed before and finally brought conclusion to some issue from previous episodes. Nothing was dragged out. And finally: There is officially more penguins in this show than in SoraYori!

This is so good. Best show of the year for me.
Nov 30, 2018 4:26 PM

Sep 2018
Well, whenever I watch a good melodrama, I always wanna be emotionally invested in the characters. This show does that for me.
Nov 30, 2018 4:41 PM

May 2018
I know that will happen. I KNOW that will happen ! I feel not comfortable from the first minute, and that confession really happen. Why I'm not comfortable ? Because the one who realize that Sho has feeling for Hitomi is this one person... yes sir! Asagi, a.k.a the one who loves Sho for a really long time ! And that's also happen, right ? In the end of episode, that makes a bit friction between Asagi and Hitomi.

Is this surprising ? No, because it just P.A Works basic activity to make something like this multisided love. Am I hate it ? No. Sho's confession might bring some problem but is a must. Asagi and Aoi must learn from it that hiding the feeling for the one they love is not a good idea.
Nov 30, 2018 5:08 PM

Aug 2017
Oh no, a generic love triangle. The worst part is that everything is so forced that I can't take it seriously. All right, can we get back to the color-blind plot?
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 30, 2018 5:08 PM

Dec 2014
Definitely the weakest episode till date.

The love drama is definitely unecessary since that's not really what I wanted from the show even though Sho liking Hitomi has been built up for quite some time. I was hoping it'd get shrugged aside but unfortunately not. At least the Sho part of it was cleared this episode but Asagi's drama that stems from this is probably gonna take another and I hope it's just one. Gotta admit that scream from Sho near the end was nice.

I vote for Asagi x Sho too, they're cute together.

Best part of this episode was Kohaku in the one piece dress, now that's what I'm talking about. XD
Nov 30, 2018 5:23 PM
Sep 2011
Everything this episode was so cliche and generic
Nov 30, 2018 5:32 PM

Feb 2016
what the fuck was this episode? When did this shit turned into a cliché and generic love triangle? This episode didn't have to happen.

Come on PA, you can do better than this

2/5
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Nov 30, 2018 5:43 PM

Feb 2016
Zex-Kun said:
I don't like asagi, if she liked sho for so long why didn't she tell him, now that sho likes someone else she's sad and jealous of Hitomi?
it's her own fault for not saying anything, what's the point of liking someone if you don't plan on telling them.

Confessing its not as easy as you think, for some people it can be really hard

Now, Asagi might be a very annoying character and I admit it, I don't like her character at all, she's the childhood friend trope I hate the most and has been getting on my nerves lately.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Nov 30, 2018 5:52 PM
Mar 2017
The drama has begun
Sho's confession was coming, it was clear that the boy was interested in Hitomi to some degree, but the confession happened and the snowball began to fall.
I was so sad for Asagi, poor girl someone please hit Sho so he realizes that Asagi is not his sister or cousin, he needs to look at her as a woman. Yuito should also receive a good blow to react and be honest with his feelings for Hitomi.
I felt terrible when Hitomi speaks with Asagi about Sho's confession and Asagi realizes who Hitomi was referring to when she saw the photo of Sho's favorite place (Asagi saw the photos that Sho took before the encounter with Hitomi).
Hitomi rejects Sho directly but without being hurtful and Sho unloads his frustration with a scream that exalts everyone at school
The final part where Asagi with so much sad tells Hitomi that she loves Sho, I could not contain the sadness.

I hope that the next episode Hitomi and Kohaku can do something to fix this disaster.
Nov 30, 2018 6:18 PM

Sep 2014
Why is there people complaining about the drama in a show centered on drama?
Nov 30, 2018 6:34 PM
Mar 2015
That escalated quickly It was pretty clear who Hitomi liked but she was not going to act because of her feeling that she has no right to be loved. Asagi was aware that Sho did not love her,but it took Sho asking Hitomi out to make break down.

At least Hitomi has thought about who she likes. Sho is clearly aware of who she likes and communicated that fact to Yuito while letting his emotions go through scream threapy (best part of the episode)

Now the question is what Yuito will do. I still think it violates too many time paradox quesions to be acceptable.
As for Asagi Sho still does not love her or even know that she loves him. Will she find the courage to tell him.Sho decided to take a chance because he did not want regrets. He was prepared to be rejected. Asagi just ran off like Hitomi did originally She needs to find the backbone to tell Sho how she feels
Nov 30, 2018 6:58 PM

Jul 2017
The romance stuff was meh. I just didn't care for it one bit. Would have rather focused on the magic and character interactions without dwelling into a love polygon.

Boring episode tbh. Easily the worst this show has produced.
Nov 30, 2018 7:39 PM

Aug 2015
I would have liked Hitomi not to reject Sho, it would have been an interesting twist.
Nov 30, 2018 8:27 PM
Jun 2017
Well im so right, i have a feeling though that Sho like Hitomi. As per previous episodes i can sense that he does care a lot for hitomi (rather than yuito), and yeah!!! Asagi joined the 3rd party- but as expected hitomi rejected him and then in final part asagi said she like him (to hitomi) then run away... love really is a sad one sometimes. Its as complicated as it can be.... you love someone you know has other like... hahahaha

*well the poll is divided in 2/5 vs 5/5. Well for me i like the addition of this episode as it shown that yuito doesnt even bother a lot when sho said he like hitomi. 😔😔😔. And i have a feeling that hitomi likes yuito (maybe?). Hahaha...
Nov 30, 2018 9:22 PM

May 2016
The expected drama has finally arrived and it was very well done. But, as usual, we have those who don't it and that's okay. To understand what I'm getting at let me just say this.

It's easy for us, as adults, to dislike drama in a story involving romance because of how generic and unnecessary it can be and to be honest I agree. However, it's also easy for us, as adults, to forget that these are teenagers we're dealing with here and that we were teenagers once ourselves. At that age our hormones are kicking in and we're dealing with feelings we don't fully understand just yet. Granted, some of us were able to figure out with or without a little help but most have difficulty doing so and often don't figure it out until they reach adulthood.

Looking at it as an adult, yeah it may look stupid but before you criticize it you should at the very least look it from a teenager's perspective. I'm actually really happy Sho was able to handle being rejected in a mature way. Yeah, his scream may have been a bit much but that's just him letting out his frustration. If he took out his frustration on something or someone then I would called it childish and unnecessary. As for Asagi, you need to remember that teenage girls are more vulnerable to their personal feelings than men are(mostly). Right now, she needs to sort things out herself.

We'll see what the last four episodes bring.
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
Nov 30, 2018 9:59 PM

Nov 2017
TsuzukuHunter2nd said:
I know that will happen. I KNOW that will happen ! I feel not comfortable from the first minute, and that confession really happen. Why I'm not comfortable ? Because the one who realize that Sho has feeling for Hitomi is this one person... yes sir! Asagi, a.k.a the one who loves Sho for a really long time ! And that's also happen, right ? In the end of episode, that makes a bit friction between Asagi and Hitomi.

Is this surprising ? No, because it just P.A Works basic activity to make something like this multisided love. Am I hate it ? No. Sho's confession might bring some problem but is a must. Asagi and Aoi must learn from it that hiding the feeling for the one they love is not a good idea.

- You really know how to react this episode brother.... and i know what your feel about this episode

- I like when Sho do his "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" like goku try to charge up.
- i know, childhood friend for the win is just 20%
Now Loading.....
Nov 30, 2018 10:07 PM
Jan 2016
For me was a nice episode!

As i expected, i didn't felt comfortable in their walk about photography, every minute i was suspecting that the confession will happen! It created a drama about the lack of self confidence from Hitomi, it was good for develop Hitomi personality, and yeah at the end instead of keep running she rejected Shou!

I feel glad for Shou in a way, i believe that he will not regret, and he acepted it in a mature way! In other way of course he would be frustated, his scream helped him to free the frustation!

Poor Asagi, for sure! Hated see her cry like that, honestly! But she cant blame Hitomi, she like Shou but never confessed to him!

Asagi and Yuito have to be honest with his feeling, hide isnt a good idea!

Curious to see how Hitomi will handle that!
Nov 30, 2018 11:17 PM

May 2018
bondtux said:

- I like when Sho do his "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" like goku try to charge up.
- i know, childhood friend for the win is just 20%

- he know that his love is just one-sided. But at least he has guts to confess although he know he will rejected. Unlike that drawing boy.

- I think the percentage has just arise to 50-50 here. Because the choice is only between Sho move on to Asagi, or move on to didn't choose anyone. I have a good feeling they will together in the end.
Dec 1, 2018 12:04 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Good episode!

Looks like it’ll be one drama after the other. Sho finally confessed, the buildup has been swelling up in the last few episodes so no surprises, but I didn’t expect him to confess on that day. I was sure he’d brace up and confess the day after following another seemingly ‘date’, but well. It’s saddening that he knew he’d be rejected and why exactly (Yuito, basically) and yet he decided to go for it. Good way to let out the frustration though, I certainly didn’t see that coming. Nice buildup to it in this episode too with the strolls and amazing scenery! Even Kurumi and Chigusa were spotted together, xD, surely there’s something between them now. Kohaku played a really mature role this episode and that’s nice to see! No Club Activities this week though, and probably not for next week’s episode either. Oh well, the drama is real.
Asagi’s convo with Hitomi gave Hitomi that vital push but it made all the more difficult for her to come to terms with it. Final scene of the episode just goes to show that.

Now, I’m looking forward to seeing how Hitomi and Yuito respond to all these developing clash of emotions and feelings. Only 3-4 episodes to go now and I honestly can’t see how this show will wind up within this short time limit.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 1, 2018 12:28 AM

May 2016
This ep was cringey, but it was necessary for Hitomi to process her feelings, her self worth, and move on.
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Dec 1, 2018 12:53 AM
Sep 2018
First I get sad by seeing this love triangle and then I think about that D-FRAG love triangle🤣🤣🤣🤣
Dec 1, 2018 1:10 AM

Mar 2016
Finally, the Shou likes Hitomi arc is over!

I just noticed Yuito looks like one of the models of a default boy in Manga Studio. lol!

Yuito misreading the bill was kind of cute and funny. He reached such a high amount that even I was shocked for a second.

The part where Shou screamed was embarrassing. Felt like it just wasn't ending!
Dec 1, 2018 3:46 AM

Jan 2013
the scream of that virgin redhead dude was quite cringy and beta af lol. i couldn't stop laughing at his concentrated level of lameness. it's quite unfortunate that this was the only enjoyable episode soo far. tells a lot about the downfall of P.A. works qualitywise.
Dec 1, 2018 3:55 AM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
Everyone saying this episode is bad because of unnecessary drama or whatsoever but here I am just chilling and thinking...if you loved someone from a far future isn't that next level pedophilia? 🤔
Dec 1, 2018 5:14 AM
Oct 2018
realnibba said:
Hitomi is supposed to be 17 but acts like a 10yr old

its called being naive. she is not used to these kinda situations
Dec 1, 2018 6:24 AM

Mar 2009
G-Pele23 said:

I saw that coming since episode 2 (or maybe it was 3).
I mean- seriously.... I'm not always the sharpest (I'm not really focused on romance, so, its not generally where my mind jumps) when watching some "subtle romances".....
But: it seemed PAINFULLY obvious to me: he liked Hitomi, Asagi liked him. Hitome liked Aoi- Aoi liked.... Art...?
And the other 2 are into each other, but due to their own reasons, neither of them is too aware of it.
(Kohaku is a late commer and seems to be too focused on her magic, to worry about more than her magic training, and having fun with friends)
Dec 1, 2018 6:37 AM

Feb 2014
Honestly, I'm surprised that this episode has been getting a pretty negative reaction here. For me, it was still a decent episode, but I do agree that this was the weakest one yet.

It was obvious that there would be some romance and the drama that comes with it clashing at some point and at the very least. I mean, the show has the tag 'Romance' on the page profile, for goodness sake.

Either way, Sho confessed, then got rejected in the same episode. Hitomi, to her credit, found her answer a damn side better than most protagonists do in romance shows, including NagiAsu.

Sadly, it does mean that poor Asagi is having a hard time because of this and I do hope that she'll hear the full story from Hitomi before she does anything too rash and stupid. Being a childhood friend to Sho, her chance was small, but I hope she gets him in the end.

So yeah, as much as this episode might rub people the wrong way, I've definitely seen much worse handled confession and romance episodes this year........................yes, I'm looking at you, Darling in the FranXX. =/
Meta_YoshiDec 1, 2018 6:43 AM
Dec 1, 2018 7:06 AM
Jul 2018
Predictable buildup finally came to a climax. Kudos to the writers for having Hitomi-San reject his confession. Too many anime in this genre have the mc start a relationship with the main "object of affection's" rival. Very glad to see it didn't go this route. A good story requires a bit of friction and drama to make it entertaining.
I think it was done well.
Dec 1, 2018 9:04 AM
Oct 2017
worst episode so far in my opinion because of that love triangle. Also I agree with others that Asagi doesn't become the rebound girl.
Dec 1, 2018 9:05 AM

Nov 2011
They could have just kept the ships going with out unnecessary Drama to build Hitomi's character but alas a lot of people have to be hurt. Sho, Asagi, even Hitomi.

I feel really bad for Asagi. Her development has been pretty good.

Kohaku is the best. Her reaction to Hitomi's hypothetical question was fantastic.

If Hitomi and Yuito are the only ones who end up together at the end ill be disappointed.

However I feel like Hitomi will be sent back to the future
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Dec 1, 2018 9:16 AM

Dec 2012
Hrybami said:
Why is there people complaining about the drama in a show centered on drama?

I know, right?
I think some people watching different showXD
Dec 1, 2018 10:08 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Glad that Sho got his confession out of the way now. I just hope that he and Asagi can find each other now since everything with him and Hitomi was revolved in such a nice way
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2018

289 by bury133 »»
Dec 25, 2023 4:30 PM

Poll: » Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2018

72 by basskiller »»
Dec 1, 2023 8:27 PM

Poll: » Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2018

97 by basskiller »»
Nov 28, 2023 5:18 PM

Poll: » Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2018

62 by basskiller »»
Nov 26, 2023 11:29 PM

Poll: » Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2018

60 by basskiller »»
Nov 24, 2023 11:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.