Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 2, 2018 7:38 PM

Oct 2014
Narancia was adorable <3
Dec 2, 2018 10:16 PM

Oct 2018
I thought there would be something about Giorno going after Mista in the truck after Mista already came back, but nope, there's not.
I'm digging Narancia's theme and stand though. Really cool
Dec 3, 2018 3:41 AM

Aug 2016
Well, having read the manga, the anime has made me really appreciate the Kraft Work fight, so I hope that it will do the same with Narancia Vs Formaggio, and the one after this, that in my opinion are the worst fights in Vento Aureo (it's not like they're bad, but the others are much better), so hopefully the anime will improve all of them.
Dec 3, 2018 3:50 AM

Jul 2016
So the two dudes they have fought are not dead?

I was sure both were killed.
Dec 3, 2018 3:53 AM
Nov 2018
This was epic.
Now is Narancia's moment to shine in the spotlight.
Dec 3, 2018 6:32 AM
Apr 2016
PedroBV96 said:
My views about the episode:

1. Giorno had to do a test (although stupid) for entering the gang, but Bruno became a hood by just delivering the money? Man, that's way too cheap. It is increasingly visible how they are following a favorable path.

2. In retrospect, all the deal with the two guys who wanted the treasure, seems pointless beacuse even if they managed to extract the location from Bucciarati, without him they would never have obtained it.

The test's main purpose was to create stand users within the gang, so it wasn't actually a test. You were supposed to fail in the first place and become a stand user. To be fair though, Part 5's plot points rely a lot on convenience, it isn't the greatest plot, but it's JoJo and plot doesn't matter in JoJo.
Dec 3, 2018 1:55 PM
Jan 2016
Tsukizono said:
PedroBV96 said:
My views about the episode:

1. Giorno had to do a test (although stupid) for entering the gang, but Bruno became a hood by just delivering the money? Man, that's way too cheap. It is increasingly visible how they are following a favorable path.

2. In retrospect, all the deal with the two guys who wanted the treasure, seems pointless beacuse even if they managed to extract the location from Bucciarati, without him they would never have obtained it.

The test's main purpose was to create stand users within the gang, so it wasn't actually a test. You were supposed to fail in the first place and become a stand user. To be fair though, Part 5's plot points rely a lot on convenience, it isn't the greatest plot, but it's JoJo and plot doesn't matter in JoJo.

Polpo could realize that Giorno was a stand user if he would have used his stand directly in the prison. Stardust Crusaders has a much simpler plot but it's overall better written. No matter how manly or style over substance can be Jojo, if most of the plot points of this airing part rely on conveniences, it will be bad, and it should be obvious to this point how they are following a favorable path.
Dec 3, 2018 2:53 PM
May 2016
EpsilonX said:
Episode was pretty good. I remember not really enjoying this fight in the manga, so we'll see how next episode goes.

Also, unpopular opinion: the stand names being ripped straight from the names of famous bands and songs always came off as lazy and uninspired to me, so I have no problem with the names being changed. That being said...they did a better jobs with the names in part 4 than they have been in part 5 so far.

I'd definitely call it an unpopular opinion because I think it's the exact opposite. Naming Stands after actual songs shows just how much inspiration Araki's taken from his enjoyment of western music, it's one of the most unique ways to name abilities to date. Far, far better than giving Stands generic names like "Shooty Plane" or "Zipper Man".
Dec 3, 2018 4:48 PM

Oct 2015
Great episode as always, bucciarati being promoted was my highlight. If I was him though I would've been an ass and kept those billions. Probably give myself a target on my back at the same time.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Dec 3, 2018 7:16 PM
Apr 2016
PedroBV96 said:
Tsukizono said:

Polpo could realize that Giorno was a stand user if he would have used his stand directly in the prison. Stardust Crusaders has a much simpler plot but it's overall better written. No matter how manly or style over substance can be Jojo, if most of the plot points of this airing part rely on conveniences, it will be bad, and it should be obvious to this point how they are following a favorable path.

I disagree. Stardust Crusaders had an extremely simple plot, sure, but it had one big end goal of killing Dio which took a looooong time to reach, leading to the series dragging in the middle. Part 5 has smaller goals such as finding Polpol's treasure, bodyguarding Trish, so the end goal of Giorno becoming the boss wouldn't seem so far off, and the audience has some small payoffs in the middle so they won't get bored.

Also in part 3, the characters have almost no development save for Polnareff. All the characters of Part 5 have development and interesting backstories which tie in with the theme of Fate. Even minor villains like La Squadra have a backstory and personality. The minor villains of Part 3 were also mostly uninteresting except for the D'arby and other few.
Dec 4, 2018 10:25 PM

Apr 2014
Modernoir said:
I'd definitely call it an unpopular opinion because I think it's the exact opposite. Naming Stands after actual songs shows just how much inspiration Araki's taken from his enjoyment of western music, it's one of the most unique ways to name abilities to date. Far, far better than giving Stands generic names like "Shooty Plane" or "Zipper Man".

It's definitely a unique way to name them, but to me, naming them "Green Day" or "Metallica" is just way too obvious.
Dec 5, 2018 7:53 AM
Jan 2016
Tsukizono said:
PedroBV96 said:

I disagree. Stardust Crusaders had an extremely simple plot, sure, but it had one big end goal of killing Dio which took a looooong time to reach, leading to the series dragging in the middle. Part 5 has smaller goals such as finding Polpol's treasure, bodyguarding Trish, so the end goal of Giorno becoming the boss wouldn't seem so far off, and the audience has some small payoffs in the middle so they won't get bored.

Also in part 3, the characters have almost no development save for Polnareff. All the characters of Part 5 have development and interesting backstories which tie in with the theme of Fate. Even minor villains like La Squadra have a backstory and personality. The minor villains of Part 3 were also mostly uninteresting except for the D'arby and other few.

What I was focusing is how the plot of the airing part is going fundamentally in a favorable way for the main cast. Giorno did a test for entering the gang and provokes Polpo's death (something for which he will never be investigated), which leaded to that the team going to Capri to look for the treasure Bucciarati hid for Polpo, and using it to become a hood and taking care of Trish, practically in an instant. It doesn't fell like they are struggilng to achieve the end goal, and if it continues this way, it will not feel that Giorno will become the boss because he struggled for achieve that. And altough it is simpler, the plot of Stardust Crusaders was never following a favorable path for the protagonists to achieve the end goal.

On the other hand, Polnareff is not the only one. Jotaro started like a rebel with little to no respect for his grandfather, and we see how he is being more respectful to him during the trip, to the point he even reanimated him after defeating Dio. And if you look, Kakyoin redemed himself during the trip, since when he appeared he hurted a nurse and tried to kill Jotaro (being controlled doesn't make him free of this) and we see him how saving the group when they fought Death 13, when none of them believed the baby was a stand user.

And yes, the Darby Elder was the most interesting of all minor villans.
Dec 6, 2018 10:40 AM
Jan 2016
Hobgoblin2099 said:
Comander-07 said:
Or even better yet, the leader is actually SPEEDOWAGON

But Speedwagon died in 1939!

alphazero4um said:
The girl seems to be a little needy, but if it is the boss' daughter then it is either a do or die task.

It's not so much that she's needy as she is spoiled.

No, he died in 1952.
By the way, Trish doesn't seem to be very interesting.
Dec 7, 2018 10:13 AM
Nov 2017
The sound design for Aerosmith was great, tho I dont like the red coloring.... Blue is way better. I start to realize that some colors are way better in the manga.
And again, the hair color for Formaggio wasn't the best, I prefer the brown hair he had in the manga
The best part, after the fight, was the preview of almost all the other enemy stand users, I can't wait for the battle with Prosciutto and Pesci. DP better make the perfect ARI ARI ARI ARRIVEDERCI
For now we fight a spider
DanieruuuuuDec 7, 2018 10:17 AM
Dec 8, 2018 3:44 AM

Sep 2016
The staple scene is quite hilarious! When I read the manga, I didn’t even know that it’s actually a thing on medical treatment.
Considering the place where Buccellati hid the treasure, you wouldn’t like to smell it, Narancia.
I love how our main cast acts like a family. They would chill out and laugh over the staple treatment on the tummy, stab their buddy with a key because of his stupidity and complain to papa Abbacchio.

The character OSTs are great as always, especially those for Buccellati, Narancia & Mista.

The cameo of the Hitman team caught me off guard. Very nice, DP!
It also surprised me to see Givenchy listed in the credits section! They actually got the sponsor. Awesome!
Dec 12, 2018 10:56 PM

Jul 2009
Great episode! Just like the manga, but they added scenes like Fugo getting annoyed at Trish using his jacket as a wiper.

Trish is hot! But for some reason, she's much sexier in the manga. I can't wait to see some of the angle scenes being animated :)

Aerosmith!!! I always thought Narancia and Koichi had similar stands. Not by abilities, but how it needs to be in short range to be very effective. Of course, Narancia can use his stand to travel farther.

Can't wait for the next one!

Dec 13, 2018 8:02 PM

Oct 2012
Aww it's not Naobu's voice, then there won't be glorious engrish :(
I guess you can say the seiyuu for current Una Trish have won
"Gahahaha I won" xD
Looking forward for "Spaisu gyaru WANNAAAABEEEE"
Oh sorry I mean "Spicy girl" :P

Wait a minute Aerosmith??
It's supposed to be Lil' Bomber! :P
Rayl1ghtDec 13, 2018 8:41 PM
"Signature removed"
Dec 23, 2018 12:22 AM

Dec 2014
so ok.... another member on the trail already now...wow this is so good...reels you in pretty quick
Jan 5, 2019 7:46 AM
Jul 2018
Trish is very Hot and Pericolo-san makes tenderness.
Feb 11, 2019 11:23 AM

Jan 2015
Damn as always the episode felt so fast.
Feb 18, 2019 1:59 PM

Feb 2012
Araki knows that Cats are liquid

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Mar 11, 2019 11:25 AM
Jul 2018
He inferred all that just from looking at some shopping materials for a girl?
Jojo characters always have very high IQs for some reason.

Oku99 said:
Trish is very Hot and Pericolo-san makes tenderness.

Ikr? It's interesting that her design shows her cleavage. Previous female characters in Jojo were never sexualized before. I'm kinda dissapointed.
May 14, 2019 9:33 AM
Apr 2016
Well, this suddenly got way more interesting. The boss's identity is a real mystery, I'm rather curious... Ah, the mission to guard his daughter seems rough.
May 18, 2019 1:05 AM

Oct 2013
Yay, new team member (kinda) was introduced! :D I wonder if Trish is a Stand user as well. For now we know she is Passione's mysterious boss' daughter.

Man, Aerosmith us a wonderful stand. Like, you know, a little war plane controlled by its user's mind. But that CR's translation is awful... "Lil' Bomber", lol.
Aug 4, 2019 4:20 PM

Mar 2012
Guarding the boss' daughter is always a huge red flag that shit's not gonna end well.
Aug 5, 2019 8:26 AM

Mar 2015
Yikes Trish is a bit of a bitch, huh!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 1, 2019 3:02 AM

Jul 2015
I wonder if Trish is putting up an act of being a rich snobby girl to irritate her 'guards' or if she really is one

Sep 24, 2019 11:12 AM

May 2012
Quite the development, really looking forward to see what's next.
Jan 22, 2020 3:09 PM

Jul 2013
I'm calling it now, Piccollo is the boss. Anyway, I knew Narancia's stand is a toy plane I think I saw it in the op, bit when he actually brought it out with all that badass shit going on then they revealed its size and Narancia goes "Aerosmith" lmao. I just couldn't help myself. Anyway congrats on the promotion Buccialati. Goddamn these names are hard to type.
Feb 19, 2020 12:35 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
And now a new member of the group and it's a girl ! Idk what to think of Trish so far, anyway Narancia's stand was cool
Mar 15, 2020 10:59 AM

Mar 2010
Well That didn't take long to find out that they are taking care of the bosses daughter. And so much for being able to keep it a secret and allowing such a dunce to do the shopping.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 17, 2020 1:18 AM
Tyrant

Aug 2018
Araki just doesn't like animals...
Dec 7, 2020 4:43 PM

Aug 2018
Trish gave me a boner. first time I got turned on from this anime lol

Feb 6, 2021 4:10 AM

Jan 2021
Is anyone still watching JoJo?
Jul 28, 2021 7:01 PM

Apr 2018
Well, Bucciarati managed to become one of the bigshots.
I love how no one in the team has negative thoughts about it. They're all just happy about it. And their first job is to protect the Boss' daughter.
Damn, she's one hell of a highclass bitch.

Narancia's stand is pretty cool, a plane.
Little Feat knows what's going on.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Nov 14, 2021 8:46 AM

Jan 2021
Man Trish was a bitch idk if it’s all an act but damn Narancia’s stand kinda reminded me of Okuyasu’s brothers stand
Dec 5, 2021 11:36 AM
Nov 2020
To be fair, I didn't like Trish at first either
But after things get "Spicy" she definitely went up a whole lot in the ranks
Mar 27, 2022 10:27 PM

Sep 2015
Another interesting stand that Narancia has.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Jul 10, 2022 12:36 AM

Dec 2021
Both lil bomber and tiny feet are really interesting and unique stands, I can’t wait to see more of them in the future.

This is shaping out to be a interesting solid battle

4/5

Dec 14, 2022 7:30 PM

Aug 2019
Bruno is officially a capo

Trish is another spoiled rich brat eh

Why did he do that to the poor cat.
Dec 27, 2022 9:56 AM
May 2021
idk not interested
May 1, 2023 7:05 PM
May 2023
yes yes yes y e s y e s y e s
May 7, 2023 10:54 PM
Apr 2020
A bunch of set up this episode, still pretty interesting to see Bucciarati made a capo
May 19, 2023 5:54 PM

Nov 2010
Interesting development. I'm curious to see the boss in the future. I have a feeling it's that guy who saved Giorno in the past.
I like Narancia's Stand. It's based on the Ju-87 Stuka.
Jun 15, 2023 8:25 AM

Jan 2023
This daughter (Trish) is not easy at all! Aerosmith is an interesting stand, the enemy has a cool stand too.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2019

153 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 6:22 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2019

146 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 5:45 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 5: Ougon no Kaze Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2019

264 by Sus_baby »»
Mar 25, 12:50 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2019

110 by Seraschi »»
Mar 3, 4:52 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2018

77 by Leh_baka »»
Jan 20, 10:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.