Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Ingress the Animation Episode 11 Discussion

Nov 30, 2018 6:20 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh will there be continuation then? What a surprise. I found the story well finished. However, I felt there should be more episodes to better acclimatize us with this universe. It was a very well animated show.

Dec 27, 2018 10:10 AM

Wow, just wow. To think I almost missed such an amazing ride thanks to netflix' dumb policy of releasing things ages later.
This series shows us that 3DCG isn't always bad. At least as long as you have the budget.

That plot twist at the very end was totally unexpected. Sarah was ADA? How does that even work? There needs to be a continuation!

9/10

Dec 28, 2018 9:20 PM
Wow, this one's definitely better than Hero Mask. Although I didn't expect anything, I watched episode 1 to 11 without a break.

Jan 3, 2019 11:45 AM
I want more. Well, I guess we'll get more. The important question is when do we get it?!
Overall, this was a good show. AND I REALLY WANT MORE

Mar 26, 2019 9:42 AM

To be honest the story and thus also the ending of this anime was a lot better than expected. It is almost a shame that they went for the full CGI route and didn't stick with regular animation as it would certainly have been a lot more enjoyable (at least for me) to watch this story.

All in all I must say that I quite enjoyed the story development and pacing of it, but the CGI kept annoying me making it for me at least not that enjoyable.

That post credit scene sure was interesting and to be honest I did not expect that "to be continued" part, in general it has a good closure here but it can always continue where it left. So in general not all that bad!

Mar 31, 2019 9:17 AM

the story are actually pretty good, but why don't they fully adapt the novel though? I actually expecting to see Devra Bogdanovich, Edgar Allan Wright, Akira Tsubasa, Jahan, Klue, Misty Hannah, P.A. Chapeau, or even the majestic Oliver Lynton-Wolfe and Roland Jarvis.

I also quite dissapointed when I see Hank Johnson, he's different from the game.

and, I am wrong this whole time? I mean, the meaning of Resistance and Enlightened seems to switched. as long as I know, Resistance is the one who preserve humanity and Enlightened is the one who want to enslave humanity through XM. but why (in this anime) their role switched?

I'm playing the game since they release from open beta until know, I know a little about their story, like Simulacrum or Recursion. those are the things Enlightened will do, but in this series, it's the other way around (Resistance). why though? it's very contradicting

6/10.

May 1, 2019 4:40 PM
As an ingress player i was actually pretty suprised how much game they where able to include in this anime.

Also that post credit scene destroyed me. Sarah is ADAs core? It makes total sense with the simulacrums but i would have never expected that.

Wanting more.

9.9/10 (Bias bc i put hours into this game)

May 16, 2019 2:48 PM
That post credits scene though... Almost demands a continuation.

Kinda liked this anime overall, but a bit dissapointed they chose to go down the cliché "I'll save everyone by killing them" crazy scientist road.

May 21, 2019 8:17 AM
I personally didn't care for the art style and agree with RafaelDeJongh. A more traditional approach would've been more captivating.

Overall, I did like the story and characters, even though Brandt was a little cliche'. I especially like the character development with Makoto, Sarah, and Jack. Even though what they thought about the world had drastically changed, they didnt go from one extreme to the other. Their acceptance of the change was gradual enough to be believable as well as having doubts here and there provided a sense of how a normal person would react.

My only question is this: Was Sarah's Simulacrum made with Dark XM (which according to the anime, is the only way they can be made) or is there an alternate way it was made? I've noticed that up until the last episode, the XM around her is white. Maybe there is a thing as White XM, idk. I've only every played Ingress over 6 years ago and watched the anime so I'm not too familiar with the lore. If there is White XM, maybe that's what the focused will be on next.

If your read this far, CONGRATULATIONS! HAVE A COOKIE! *hands you a chocolate chip cookie*

Jun 26, 2019 10:26 AM

I thought the ending was a bit too cliche for my taste so i give it an 8/10 cause it will continue but didnt like the evil scientist cliche
Tho leaning towards a 7..
Definitly enjoyable and was anticipating the next episodes..
And cgi didnt bother me

Seems the sarah we saw wasnt the real sarah perhaps..