3It was OK
10.7%
2Disliked it
0.0%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 4.4
28 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 30, 2018 6:20 AM

Jun 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh will there be continuation then? What a surprise. I found the story well finished. However, I felt there should be more episodes to better acclimatize us with this universe. It was a very well animated show.
Dec 27, 2018 10:10 AM

Dec 2010
Wow, just wow. To think I almost missed such an amazing ride thanks to netflix' dumb policy of releasing things ages later.
This series shows us that 3DCG isn't always bad. At least as long as you have the budget.

That plot twist at the very end was totally unexpected. Sarah was ADA? How does that even work? There needs to be a continuation!

9/10
Dec 28, 2018 9:20 PM
Jan 2018
Wow, this one's definitely better than Hero Mask. Although I didn't expect anything, I watched episode 1 to 11 without a break.
Jan 3, 2019 11:45 AM
Jun 2016
I want more. Well, I guess we'll get more. The important question is when do we get it?!
Overall, this was a good show. AND I REALLY WANT MORE
Mar 26, 2019 9:42 AM

May 2012
To be honest the story and thus also the ending of this anime was a lot better than expected. It is almost a shame that they went for the full CGI route and didn't stick with regular animation as it would certainly have been a lot more enjoyable (at least for me) to watch this story.

All in all I must say that I quite enjoyed the story development and pacing of it, but the CGI kept annoying me making it for me at least not that enjoyable.

That post credit scene sure was interesting and to be honest I did not expect that "to be continued" part, in general it has a good closure here but it can always continue where it left. So in general not all that bad!
Mar 31, 2019 9:17 AM

Jan 2014
the story are actually pretty good, but why don't they fully adapt the novel though? I actually expecting to see Devra Bogdanovich, Edgar Allan Wright, Akira Tsubasa, Jahan, Klue, Misty Hannah, P.A. Chapeau, or even the majestic Oliver Lynton-Wolfe and Roland Jarvis.

I also quite dissapointed when I see Hank Johnson, he's different from the game.

and, I am wrong this whole time? I mean, the meaning of Resistance and Enlightened seems to switched. as long as I know, Resistance is the one who preserve humanity and Enlightened is the one who want to enslave humanity through XM. but why (in this anime) their role switched?

I'm playing the game since they release from open beta until know, I know a little about their story, like Simulacrum or Recursion. those are the things Enlightened will do, but in this series, it's the other way around (Resistance). why though? it's very contradicting

6/10.
May 1, 2019 4:40 PM
May 2017
As an ingress player i was actually pretty suprised how much game they where able to include in this anime.

Also that post credit scene destroyed me. Sarah is ADAs core? It makes total sense with the simulacrums but i would have never expected that.

Wanting more.

9.9/10 (Bias bc i put hours into this game)
May 16, 2019 2:48 PM
Mar 2019
That post credits scene though... Almost demands a continuation.

Kinda liked this anime overall, but a bit dissapointed they chose to go down the cliché "I'll save everyone by killing them" crazy scientist road.
May 21, 2019 8:17 AM
May 2019
I personally didn't care for the art style and agree with RafaelDeJongh. A more traditional approach would've been more captivating.

Overall, I did like the story and characters, even though Brandt was a little cliche'. I especially like the character development with Makoto, Sarah, and Jack. Even though what they thought about the world had drastically changed, they didnt go from one extreme to the other. Their acceptance of the change was gradual enough to be believable as well as having doubts here and there provided a sense of how a normal person would react.

My only question is this: Was Sarah's Simulacrum made with Dark XM (which according to the anime, is the only way they can be made) or is there an alternate way it was made? I've noticed that up until the last episode, the XM around her is white. Maybe there is a thing as White XM, idk. I've only every played Ingress over 6 years ago and watched the anime so I'm not too familiar with the lore. If there is White XM, maybe that's what the focused will be on next.

If your read this far, CONGRATULATIONS! HAVE A COOKIE! *hands you a chocolate chip cookie*
Jun 26, 2019 10:26 AM

Mar 2010
I thought the ending was a bit too cliche for my taste so i give it an 8/10 cause it will continue but didnt like the evil scientist cliche
Tho leaning towards a 7..
Definitly enjoyable and was anticipating the next episodes..
And cgi didnt bother me

Seems the sarah we saw wasnt the real sarah perhaps..
May 17, 2020 8:31 AM

Nov 2009
If nothing, this gets major points for the badass ossan on the main cast and total lack of children. It was very refreshing to watch something that's not about yet another totally ordinary (except not really) middle/high schooler saving the world.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Dec 30, 2020 9:38 PM

Feb 2017
I hope we get another season. The animation was really sharp, I liked the characters, and I want to explore more of this world and its' technology.
Mar 10, 2021 10:21 AM

Jun 2013
The show was promising when it started like the action the art and everything but halfway through it just felt lackluster especially the story. Another problem was that concept of XM was needlessly complicated and there was no real character development or backstory. But despite all this the action and animation kept me engaged till the end.
Nov 15, 2021 9:49 PM

Mar 2013
This would have been great if they made it longer but it would seem the ending or the story felt rushed for some reason. I do like the ending but there are so many things that I would've liked to happen, sadly, there's no season 2... :v
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Feb 26, 2023 9:21 PM

May 2022
Maybe when they make the sequel, we will finally get a beach episode with Sarah in a bikini. The fireworks and the festival would be kind of pointless. But maybe we could see them sitting under the cherry blossoms drinking beer, or having a takoyaki party, or going to a mixer with some new characters. Jack needs a girlfriend. Or a boyfriend. It certainly did seem like Jack and Christopher Brandt had a hot love affair going. Maybe Makoto and Sarah could move in together and get a dog, or a cat. But please, no more portals and weird energy beams. A beach episode would be plenty. Where they break open the watermelon with a baseball bat.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ingress the Animation Episode 4 Discussion

Rod_Russ - Nov 27, 2018

3 by jiajia »»
Jun 14, 2023 1:16 AM

» subs for Ingress the Animation

Chaiwallah - Nov 13, 2018

11 by KasaiKoori »»
Feb 7, 2023 10:06 AM

» Mobile Game

BoosterGold - Apr 7, 2018

15 by tauei48 »»
Dec 10, 2022 3:12 AM

Poll: » Ingress the Animation Episode 3 Discussion

KANLen09 - Oct 23, 2018

5 by Ronninn »»
Aug 23, 2022 3:23 AM

Poll: » Ingress the Animation Episode 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 17, 2018

29 by Ronninn »»
Aug 23, 2022 2:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.