Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 1, 2018 2:59 AM

Aug 2009
revyHOLiC said:
ap1001 said:

No, he controls Touma's life and action, at least 98% of it. He have monitors set up that spies on Touma 24/7.

Where Touma goes, how he thinks, what kind of underwear he wears on that day, its all catalogued.

Because of this, he controls Touma's life. Think Truman Show, only a lot more creepy and sinister.
Did he control Fiamma too?

No.

--------------------------
Fucking character limit....
Dec 1, 2018 5:50 AM
Oct 2018
Shit...I forgot his big the world is. After the shit pacing of Battle royale arc the pacing is getting good enough but still some people are criticizing the show. The show was made in a hurry.Be grateful that you got this show.Else you would have jumped straight to the New testament and couldn't understand a thing. Critics everywhere. For me after the be arc the site is coming to life.
Dec 1, 2018 5:52 AM

Apr 2014
WilliamOrwell said:
Shit...I forgot his big the world is. After the shit pacing of Battle royale arc the pacing is getting good enough but still some people are criticizing the show. The show was made in a hurry.Be grateful that you got this show.Else you would have jumped straight to the New testament and couldn't understand a thing. Critics everywhere. For me after the be arc the site is coming to life.

This is still a weak foundation for NT, I swear even if they animate NT, 90% anime only would still have no idea who is who nor understand thelema.
"You had no free will, you chased your vices along the same path as all of the others." - Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Diamond in the rough
Dec 1, 2018 6:15 AM
Jul 2017
I think in terms of pacing this episode or this arc is better compared to BR Arc. However the scene directing and transition is questionable in some scenes like, awkwardly zooming in
Dec 1, 2018 8:09 AM

Aug 2009
WilliamOrwell said:
Why the fuck should we accept a less than mediocre adaptation?

No I am not grateful for getting a series that has grown worse instead of getting better, I am not gratefull for them ruining every great moment with non pause dialogue and awkward direction, ruining powers, ruining characterization, putting focus on the fanservice and comedy scenes instead of anything else.

I wasnt waiting for an adaptation of the rest of OT just to get this shit.Just animating scenes of the novels means nothing to me if everything in those scenes is worse than adaptations of FSN 2006 and Umineko.
At least those had the excuse that one had to deal with multiple routes and bad endings and the other had an overly complicated and unfinished source material.

Here we have to deal with a totally incompetent director and a studio that is using this season as a cash grab and will ruin the other two adaptations as well.

Honestly, if THIS is the prelude to NT then it is no different from ONLY adapting NT.
ssjokgDec 1, 2018 8:46 AM
Dec 1, 2018 8:44 AM

Jul 2016
ssjokg said:
WilliamOrwell said:

No I am not grateful for getting a series that has grown worse instead of getting better, I am not grate full for them ruining every great moment with non pause dialogue and awkward direction, ruining powers, ruining characterization, putting focus on the fanservice and comedy scenes instead of anything else.

I wasnt waiting for an adaptation of the rest of OT just to get this shit.Just animating scenes of the novels means nothing to me if everything in those scenes is worse than adaptations of FSN 2006 and Umineko.
At least them had the excuse that one had to deal with multiple routes and bad endings and the other had an overly complicated and unfinished source material.

Here we have to deal with a totally incompetent director and a studio that i sing this season as a cash grab and will ruin the other two adaptations as well.

Honestly, if THIS is the prelude to NT then it is no different from ONLY adapting NT.

Pretty much this, I don't understand how comes people still able to defend this? Just because Acqua arc's pacing was somewhat decent is hardly an improvement as a adaptation if the other arcs is still handled poorly (I'm looking at you, Battle Royale arc).

According to that logic, I should be grateful on how Negima!/UQ Holder! series getting an anime adaptations despite how the studios has been butchered that anime series for over 10 years.
MahiaErebeaNegiDec 1, 2018 8:48 AM
Dec 1, 2018 10:11 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Now THIS is what I like to see, teamwork instead of having one person beat the bad guy. Also I love every moment with Kanzaki and Tsuchimakado xDDDD

(Also please let Best Girl Misaka fight now TwT That moment between her and Touma was too cute)
TokoyaDec 1, 2018 10:15 AM
Dec 1, 2018 11:30 AM

Nov 2013
Somecallme_kj said:
Botato said:
I kinda have to disagree there. I really don't see how the last two episodes were any improvement, things were still happening too fast, characters still fell flat, lots of exposition was still cut, etc etc.

I'd say they were actually worse due to having more QUALITY than previous arcs.

exposition getting cut out sounds like a good thing. I mean alot of it you can kinda just figure out by context. like i just watched the battle royale arc and it was fast paced but fun.
I mean sure, I do recognize some people don't mind it being cut or just flat out hate it, but in this franchise it doesn't work because it's built on excessive exposition. BR was fun? Sure, to me it was a giant mess of an arc with little to no logic to wtf was going on.
Dec 1, 2018 12:04 PM

Apr 2015
Finally more Touma and Misaka moments, I love these moments a lot.

Aqua vs Kanzaki continutes and damn that was quite the fight. Kanzaki took some really heavy hits during that fight, Aqua is so god damn OP!!

Itsuwa got a reality check on how much difference there is in power when it comes to the whole Amakusa group and Kanzaki fighting against Aqua solo.

Touma just casually walking in on the fight, cancelling out Aqua's attack. Really nice (yet a bit predictable) end to the fight.

Kanzaki is so adorable being teased like that!

One crazy strong foe defeated and another one shows up!
Dec 1, 2018 2:30 PM

May 2018
Was this stupid or was this very stupid Misaka saws Touma and just let him go to face Acqua and didn't even bother to assist him in baeting Acqua, Touma can't actually beat Acqua with some team work from others, so why the fuck didn't they do that before??????

And we didn't even see Kanzaki fully wearing that maid outfit.
Dec 1, 2018 2:48 PM
Oct 2018
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
ssjokg said:

No I am not grateful for getting a series that has grown worse instead of getting better, I am not grate full for them ruining every great moment with non pause dialogue and awkward direction, ruining powers, ruining characterization, putting focus on the fanservice and comedy scenes instead of anything else.

At least them had the excuse that one had to deal with multiple routes and bad endings and the other had an overly complicated and unfinished source material.

Here we have to deal with a totally incompetent director and a studio that i sing this season as a cash grab and will ruin the other two adaptations as well.

Pretty much this, I don't understand how comes people still able to defend this? Just because Acqua arc's pacing was somewhat decent is hardly an improvement as a adaptation if the other arcs is still handled poorly (I'm looking at you, Battle Royale arc).

According to that logic, I should be grateful on how Negima!/UQ Holder! series getting an anime adaptations despite how the studios has been butchered that anime series for over 10 years.

Shouldn't someone say the opposite though, OT14 and OT16 is fine, part of OT15 is cut, still overall a improvement than what we used to have in S1 and S2. It's pretty easy to see why someone would defend this, considering that overall it isn't really nearly as bad as people say it is
Dec 1, 2018 6:06 PM
May 2009
Index 3 is just one realy big trainwreck for me...
Dec 1, 2018 10:55 PM

Jan 2016
Hopefully we dont get another Battle Royale arc in the remaining arcs because this is where the world and plot of Index starts to unravel. And if we get NT animated, it's important to put care into adapting the next arcs(especially the last science side arc).
Dec 2, 2018 12:45 AM

Jul 2016
Tiau said:
Shouldn't someone say the opposite though, OT14 and OT16 is fine, part of OT15 is cut, still overall a improvement than what we used to have in S1 and S2. It's pretty easy to see why someone would defend this, considering that overall it isn't really nearly as bad as people say it is

Which part is the "improvement" that you referring may I ask?

I think you should already aware one of the remaining 3 arcs (Most likely either British Royal Arc or DRAGON Arc) will be butchered as they have no enough episodes to adapt the things on it (If we follow the "3 episodes=1 volume" logic), I doubt they will adapt WW3 in less than 9 episodes.
Dec 2, 2018 2:06 AM

Aug 2009
Tiau said:
MahiaErebeaNegi said:

Are you fucking serious?

S1 and S2 may not have been perfect adaptations but at least they were fun.Characters didnt have mouth diarrhea that made absolutely no sense, and the power effects had nice visuals.
Touma's IB powers didnt do asspulls, character's thoughts made sense and fights werent stupid merry go arounds with re used 3 sec animation.

Accel vs Touma may had been butchered but at least it had a nice flow.

Hell if any anime only actually understood why Acqua survived the first the first Saint destroyer, or why the Amakusa were even able to pull that off.
Did Knight Leader's words even make sense?We had no context and we are supposed to assume he is close with Aqua?

Oh btw, Acqua still looks like a skinny bitch,dont even know how you think he looks buffed compared to S2.

The Pope should be removed from the anime.We have no clear reason why he suddenly is opposing God's right seat, we dont know if he loves the people and to what extent the people love him. Oh but we have time for Fallen Angel costume.I am sure this is great for character and story development.
Dec 2, 2018 2:23 AM

Jan 2016
To be completely fair I didn't have a lot of problem with the animation in this episode
What I did have a problem with was the transitions, especially Touma when he used Imagine breaker. He was supposed to come out of nowhere when every one thought it was lost and all but J. C just made it feel weird and flat.

Also will anime onlys even understand the whole William Orwell thingy? I don't understand why they included the scene with him and the princess if they decided to skip the rest of his scenes because it doesn't make sense now.

Overall even though it's disappointing, I don't think that this is the worst show of all time like half of this forum is implying. It's a mess but seeing the OT animated in this case is all I'm out after. If they do this to the NT though... Then we've got a problem
Dec 2, 2018 5:17 AM

Jul 2017
I have a few problems with this episode:

Touma casually walking in the middle to cancel Acqua’s attack without him realising. What is this garbage writing?

Misaka seeing Touma and letting him go fight Acqua. She can see the condition he’s in, but didn't even bother to assist him in the fight. It’s just like Touma Vs Accelerator all over again.

What the hell was Acqua’s goal? Who was the people in his backstory? I don’t really care.

Every girl has to turn into some useless damsel in distress so the mighty Touma can save the day (except best girl Kanzaki ofc).

Index is still as useless as ever. Easily one of the worst heroine in anime

This arc was better than the trainwreck that was the last arc, but that’s not saying much since the bar was so low. I’d give this arc a 4/10.
FlexstyleDec 2, 2018 5:20 AM
Dec 2, 2018 5:21 AM

Jul 2016
ssjokg said:
Tiau said:

Are you fucking serious?

I think he's pretty much serious at all. I'm still wonder which part of S3 is a "improvement" that he referring, if he said pacing was better than the previous two seasons then I have no idea what should I said anymore.

ssjokg said:
Touma's IB powers didnt do asspulls.

Wait isn't most anime-only viewers are bitching at Touma being asspull during S2 running time? Well at least based on MAL discussion threads.

ssjokg said:
Oh btw, Acqua still looks like a skinny bitch,dont even know how you think he looks buffed compared to S2.

Which I find it funny because Tanaka basically just reuses Acqua's character street from previous season and yet the anime somehow make him look even more skinny than he actually is in EP8&9 lol.

To adds that, why the fuck Knight Leader look so young here (Not in flashback but in EP10 preview) when he's suppose to be around the same age as Acqua?

ssjokg said:
Oh but we have time for Fallen Angel costume.I am sure this is great for character and story development.

Yeah this is indeed a "great" character development they has done. Instead of focusing on the Pope's character, they went off with the fan-service s**t and they don't even bother to shows up Kanzaki's face at the end.

Fuck J.C and Nishikiori... seriously......
Dec 2, 2018 5:42 AM

Aug 2009
MahiaErebeaNegi said:

Wait isn't most people are bitching at Touma being asspull during S2 running time? Well at least based on MAL discussion threads.

I am referring to the part where Touma is holding, with one arm, Acqua's mace and Acqua together.All that weight.Because as we all know IB gives him supernatural strength.
He even slightly pushes it up.
He continues to hold them both till Itsuwa finishes him.

And before any delusional fan rushes to say "that happens in the LN too", no you fucktard.In the LN he stops the attack and then falls back before Kanzaki restrains Acqua.

Nishikiori took a metaphorical line and actually animated it. An extended version even.
Dec 2, 2018 5:45 AM

Aug 2018
i mean the fight between kanzaki and acqua was decent
but im kinda confuse in the story in this particular ep
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Dec 2, 2018 5:47 AM

Aug 2009
Ressonancee said:
i mean the fight between kanzaki and acqua was decent
but im kinda confuse in the story in this particular ep
There was no story.

Stuff without context happened and power of friendship won.
Dec 2, 2018 6:56 AM

Jul 2016
ssjokg said:
I am referring to the part where Touma is holding, with one arm, Acqua's mace and Acqua together.All that weight.Because as we all know IB gives him supernatural strength.

I see. Opps I misread your post sorry...

Speak the truth I actually didn't notice about this until you points it out and I rewatched the scenes again...... Da fuck??? Did Nishikiori thought that Touma is a Superman or what? Not talk about how inaccurate the scene is compared to LN, how comes Touma is able to holds Acqua's mace for that long when he's fucking injured and he can't even holds Acqua's strength back in EP7??? It feel like as if I'm watching Fairy Tails or some friendship anime lol.
MahiaErebeaNegiDec 2, 2018 6:59 AM
Dec 2, 2018 8:00 AM
Oct 2018
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
Tiau said:

Which part is the "improvement" that you referring may I ask?

I think you should already aware one of the remaining 3 arcs (Most likely either British Royal Arc or DRAGON Arc) will be butchered as they have no enough episodes to adapt the things on it (If we follow the "3 episodes=1 volume" logic), I doubt they will adapt WW3 in less than 9 episodes.

Well for one thing, OT14 and OT16 kept a lot more exposition than what was used in the previous volumes with a hell of a lot less cuts too, unless we're to forget Dummy Izzard, Ouma(being moved to s2, making the timeline weird and also ignoring the fact that Ouma actually indirectly saved Last Order) and Hino in S1, SS1 being only one episode in S2 while also suffering from Aleister's epilogue being cut from Kazakiri arc just to name a few, you'd be joking if you said they were absolutely better than Index 3. As for the rest of the arcs, I'd rather not make an assumption until then

ssjokg said:
Tiau said:

Hell if any anime only actually understood why Acqua survived the first the first Saint destroyer, or why the Amakusa were even able to pull that off.
Did Knight Leader's words even make sense?We had no context and we are supposed to assume he is close with Aqua?

The Pope should be removed from the anime.We have no clear reason why he suddenly is opposing God's right seat, we dont know if he loves the people and to what extent the people love him. Oh but we have time for Fallen Angel costume.I am sure this is great for character and story development.

The anime told you why he survived the first saint destroyer, rewatch this episode. They also told you why they could pull it off this time too.

The Pope also have scenes showing that he doesn't actually want all this pointless violence also doesn't want to kill Touma either nor did he agree with Terra's and Vento's methods, just because they cut scenes(Half of what you're complaining about is actually a result of Season 2, as he doesn't have the full argument with Vento there)

MahiaErebeaNegi said:
ssjokg said:

I see. Opps I misread your post sorry...

Speak the truth I actually didn't notice about this until you points it out and I rewatched the scenes again...... Da fuck??? Did Nishikiori thought that Touma is a Superman or what? Not talk about how inaccurate the scene is compared to LN, how comes Touma is able to holds Acqua's mace for that long when he's fucking injured and he can't even holds Acqua's strength back in EP7??? It feel like as if I'm watching Fairy Tails or some friendship anime lol.

More like
"Kamijou Touma.
Having taken Acqua’s magic attack directly from the front, the boy continued to stand there as he gripped the mace like he was about to crush it.
Truthfully, if the attack Acqua of the Back had used was just pure physical power, Kamijou’s right hand would have been crushed to dust already. But it was a magical attack, and no matter what kind of supernatural power it was, that boy’s right hand could eliminate all of it.
Acqua’s attack had been eliminated because most of it was magic.
The boy’s right hand had neutralized that attack without any mercy.
“What...!?”
“—...”
Facing a shocked Acqua, the bloodied Kamijou spoke, but his words didn’t reach Acqua’s ears. After which, Kamijou slowly fell as if he had gotten hit by the mace, not because he had used up all his strength, but because he sealed up Acqua.

“Ugh!!”
Seeing this, Kanzaki took action.
With just Kamijou alone, it was likely that one sweep from Acqua’s mace would have sent him flying. But the moment Acqua was shocked, Kanzaki used this opportunity, abandoned her Shichiten Shichitou and forcefully grabbed Acqua’s giant mace and shoulder.
“You bastard!!”
Acqua seemed to shout something, but those two weren’t listening.
Thoroughly battered, Kamijou and Kanzaki both looked at the same direction.
In other words, Itsuwa of the Amakusa Church.
They were looking at Itsuwa the ordinary magician.
“Leave the rest to me...” "

According to this, Touma actually did hold the mace right up until the end, course in the LN he was described as falling slightly, but the next line states
"With Kamijou alone", Acqua literally was being held right until the end. But it doesn't help the translation for OT16 was a bumpy one afaik, it originally wasn't even translated from Japanese
Dec 2, 2018 8:05 AM
Oct 2018
Say what you want about OT15, yeah its fucked most particular in the middle however. OT14 and OT16 aren't "bad adaptations" in the slightest, to pretend that its the most absolute worst thing you've ever scene is full of shit considering that OT16 in particular got the same exact treatment OT1 got in that its nearly 1:1
Dec 2, 2018 8:18 AM
Oct 2018
Also, Touma had to have been touching Acqua the entire time. According to my translation
Her petite body surrounded by numerous spells, Itsuwa accelerated and rushed at Acqua.
Acqua tried to dodge her attack.
But his own power as a Saint was sealed by Kanzaki, who was also a Saint. Trying to shake her off and use a God’s Right Seat’s spell, he was negated by Kamijou’s right hand.
^ How could he negate him if he fell to the ground?
Touma and Kanzaki only let go of Acqua when he got hit in the air by Itsuwa
Dec 2, 2018 8:31 AM

Jul 2016
Tiau said:
SS1 being only one episode in S2

Weren't SS1 have 2 episodes in S2?

Also even if the previous arcs has been skipped a lot of staffs, at the very least you're still able to understand what's the story is telling even as a anime-only fans (I said this because back when I first watched the anime series, I actually understand how the story goes.) and the pacing doesn't feel too rushed, except for OT2 (Thanks to the dummy being removed from story), Vento arc (The pacing is almost as bad as Terra arc) and SS1 (They just basically adapts Hamazura's introduction in a rushed way and that's it).

Tiau said:
The Pope also have scenes showing that he doesn't actually want all this pointless violence

I don't remember the Pope actually stated that he doesn't want the pointless in either this or S2, though.

Tiau said:
According to this, Touma actually did hold the mace right up until the end, course in the LN he was described as falling slightly, but the next line states
"With Kamijou alone", Acqua literally was being held right until the end. But it doesn't help the translation for OT16 was a bumpy one afaik, it originally wasn't even translated from Japanese

I thought "With Kamijou alone" was refers on how Touma cancelled Acqua's attack in that scene? Well based on the way the narrative written in OT16.

I guess I really need to reread LNs if that's the case.

Tiau said:
Say what you want about OT15, yeah its fucked most particular in the middle however. OT14 and OT16 aren't "bad adaptations" in the slightest, to pretend that its the most absolute worst thing you've ever scene is full of shit considering that OT16 in particular got the same exact treatment OT1 got in that its nearly 1:1

If you exclude the fight scenes then yeah it's almost faithful as the original in this arc, I personally thought Terra arc is still a bit rushed even if you exclude the fight scenes.
MahiaErebeaNegiDec 2, 2018 8:35 AM
Dec 2, 2018 8:45 AM
Oct 2018
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
Tiau said:
SS1 being only one episode in S2

Weren't SS1 have 2 episodes in S2?

Also even if the previous arcs has been skipped a lot of staffs, at the very least you're still able to understand what's the story is telling even as a anime-only fans (I said this because back when I first watched the anime series, I actually understand how the story goes.) and the pacing doesn't feel too rushed, except for OT2 (Thanks to the dummy being removed from story), Vento arc (The pacing is almost as bad as Terra arc) and SS1 (They just basically adapts Hamazura's introduction in a rushed way and that's it).

Tiau said:
The Pope also have scenes showing that he doesn't actually want all this pointless violence

I don't remember the Pope actually stated that he doesn't want the pointless in either this or S2, though.

Tiau said:

I thought "With Kamijou alone" was refers on how Touma cancelled Acqua's attack in that scene? Well based on the way the narrative written in OT16.

I guess I really need to reread LNs if that's the case.

Tiau said:

If you exclude the fight scenes then yeah it's almost faithful as the original in this arc, I personally thought Terra arc is still a bit rushed even if you exclude the fight scenes.

The Kamijou alone thing was just referring to how he alone “canceling” Acqua by holding the mace wouldn’t be enough, as Acqua could’ve just swatted him away, I also remembered wrong where it was said but in the end it stated both Kanzaki and Touma had him until the end

To be honest, if an animeonly is confused for Terra and Acqua’s arc(such as not knowing who they are or what is it they want) then they really really need to just rewatch s2, in this case it’s literally a direct continuation and they’re not gonna do any big recaps on that,

The problem here really for animeonlys is that they’ve missed out on key details, such as who Aleister even is or what he wants, I think that kind of stuff on top of skipping out on stuff that makes Touma seem like he had more to him actually hinders the overall perspective of him, that’s why I’m glad they’re doing the terrorist scene. If done right that would be grand and make people see him ina new light. I’ve honestly seen no animeonlys really hate this arc or really Terra’s unless they just simply forgotten the Church plotline
Dec 2, 2018 9:23 AM

Aug 2009
If you are serious then I have no words.Enjoy this trainwreck, that puts more emphasis on boobs and ass than actually explaining what happens.
Dec 2, 2018 9:25 AM
Oct 2018
ssjokg said:
If you are serious then I have no words.Enjoy this trainwreck, that puts more emphasis on boobs and ass than actually explaining what happens.

If you say so, I mean so far people are actually complaining that it’s too much exposition.
I really have no clue as to how one could be confused by this episode. They even explained Acqua’s “gimmick”
Dec 2, 2018 9:38 AM

May 2015
I want to see Kanzaki in that outfit! :(
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 2, 2018 9:59 AM

Aug 2009
Tiau said:
ssjokg said:

If you say so, I mean so far people are actually complaining that it’s too much exposition.
I really have no clue as to how one could be confused by this episode. They even explained Acqua’s “gimmick”

Sure it isnt like everyone is complaining that the season doesnt make sense....right?

Dec 2, 2018 2:20 PM
Oct 2018
Let's see what happens next.I seriously want index 3 to be successful because the anime is severely underrated.
Dec 2, 2018 3:35 PM
Oct 2018
ssjokg said:
Tiau said:

Sure it isnt like everyone is complaining that the season doesnt make sense....right?

No actually, infact people are saying they can follow what's going on in Acqua's arc. And quite frankly, anyone watching Acqua and to a lesser extent Terra and have absolutely no idea what's going on needs to rewatch s2 or at the very least pay more attention, I mean its pretty straight forward.
Dec 3, 2018 10:49 PM
Oct 2018
ssjokg said:
Tiau said:

I can sense the sarcasm behind your words.
Dec 4, 2018 3:37 AM
Mar 2018
Stark700 said:

Finally, Misaka gets more relevance this season and has a more meaningful conversation with Touma. Her feelings are also pretty obvious and has been building up this whole time.

Relevance? To whom or what?

And what are you talking about a build up of her feelings? This is going on now for like 15 years. Hell even Full Metal Panic realized that after 30 years it was time that the obvious couple comes "together"...
All than fanservice build-up is the actual villain here...
Dec 4, 2018 5:11 AM
Jul 2016
I understand Touma's right hand stopping magic-related aspect of Aqua's mace, but how did he managed to stop that huge momentum Aqua produced with his 5m long metallic mace? Shouldn't the weight + momentum alone kill, or at least damage Touma?

If the mace itself was wholly made with magic, than the mace would be shattered once Touma touched it with his right hand, but it didn't.. Which means the mace itself is not magical

Ah..darn... One of the most bs parts of Toaru is coming next week...
Dec 4, 2018 6:26 AM

Aug 2009
ahrrhd153 said:
I understand Touma's right hand stopping magic-related aspect of Aqua's mace, but how did he managed to stop that huge momentum Aqua produced with his 5m long metallic mace? Shouldn't the weight + momentum alone kill, or at least damage Touma?

If the mace itself was wholly made with magic, than the mace would be shattered once Touma touched it with his right hand, but it didn't.. Which means the mace itself is not magical

If the momentum itself was created by magic then no.But the weight alone of the mace should have affected him.Which it did in the LN.Here he even lifts the mace AND Acqua.
Dec 4, 2018 6:54 AM

Nov 2014
I still have absolutely no idea what's going on.

Also, they took a little too long to get Acqua hit by the final shot. I swear that was way too long for Touma to be just standing there holding up the weight of the huge ass umbrella sword thingy and a full grown man while he is injured.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Dec 4, 2018 5:02 PM

Oct 2008
oh man I wanna see Kanzaki in ero maid uniform!
well I guess they defeated Acqua the moment Touma showed-up huh...the power of teamwork!
5/5.

Dec 5, 2018 6:56 AM

Dec 2009
If Kanzaki didn't realize the thing about the saint-killer... and if Mikoto went with Touma, there's a significant chance she would have died.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Dec 8, 2018 6:41 PM

Jan 2008
*takes a deep breath before starting the episode*
Within 7 seconds of starting, already thrown derpy faces of Kanzaki fighting.
*sighing intensifies*

I'm not sure if they got someone new to direct this episode but the amounts of use of zoom in/out repeat shots was atrocious and so badly unnecessary. That transition scene of Touma walking away from Misaka, the one before the silly fading effect one, that was probably one of the worst transitions I've seen ever.

Found the scene where Acqua was spinning around Kanzaki hilarious.

Touma's right hand negates gravity and force now apparently.

Dec 10, 2018 8:44 PM

Dec 2014
so like the fight ends with toumas end...hmm the final right seat revealed...the humor in the end is priceless... still Iwant him to end up with biribiri
Dec 18, 2018 5:52 AM
Aug 2016
I just don't understand why can't Touma have Misaka help with his problems. She is strong AF and definitely could have helped out way more than that pussy cult did. She just seems to be there for the fanservice. If she is only relevant in the Railgun storyline then why is she even brought up in Index at all. A few cameos would do just fine. The writers don't use her at all and just keep her there for the tsundere moments which is a shame since the Railgun series proved her to be a worthwhile character.
And yes I am not a LN reader if u are wondering.
Sagnik1004Dec 18, 2018 6:03 AM
Dec 18, 2018 8:46 AM
Oct 2018
Sagnik1004 said:
I just don't understand why can't Touma have Misaka help with his problems. She is strong AF and definitely could have helped out way more than that pussy cult did. She just seems to be there for the fanservice. If she is only relevant in the Railgun storyline then why is she even brought up in Index at all. A few cameos would do just fine. The writers don't use her at all and just keep her there for the tsundere moments which is a shame since the Railgun series proved her to be a worthwhile character.

Only thing I can really say here is that she definitely couldn't have done anything to Acqua, who is effectively a double saint in power infact I'd say she be at even more of a disadvantage than the Amakusa since she is ignorant of the magic side. Though she did help out last season and does her fair share of helping here and there later on.
Dec 18, 2018 9:49 AM
Aug 2016
Tiau said:
Sagnik1004 said:

Only thing I can really say here is that she definitely couldn't have done anything to Acqua, who is effectively a double saint in power infact I'd say she be at even more of a disadvantage than the Amakusa since she is ignorant of the magic side. Though she did help out last season and does her fair share of helping here and there later on.
1 question. Will we go back to the science arcs anytime soon coz I fucking hate the magic arcs. They are fucking boring.
Dec 19, 2018 12:03 AM

Jul 2016
Sagnik1004 said:
Tiau said:

1 question. Will we go back to the science arcs anytime soon coz I fucking hate the magic arcs. They are fucking boring.

There's one more science arc will come in the later episodes (Presumed be around EP15 or EP16), but the arc itself is short and will most likely be butchered as hard as Battle Royale Arc due to not enough episodes to adapt, and also the last arc of this season will be about magic again.

Just hope they won't screws up the last arc as hard as Battle Royale Arc, although I still don't think 8/9 episodes will enough to adapt that arc.
Dec 19, 2018 10:12 AM

Aug 2013
Not a bad episode.

The fight scene was great.

Really liked the scene with Touma and Misaka.

Feb 12, 2019 8:34 PM

Dec 2012
Strange that Touma didn't want Misakas help. Everyone else is helping and she's stronger than most.
Mar 2, 2019 8:14 AM

Apr 2013
Wait what? Since when did Touma have a Physics Canceller in his right arm? Do things like momentum forget to work on Touma because he's the protagonist?

And then the leader of the RHotG attacked the Pope?! Why?! Man, I really don't understand HALF of the power dynamics in this universe...
Mar 3, 2019 6:24 PM
Oct 2018
R2 said:
Wait what? Since when did Touma have a Physics Canceller in his right arm? Do things like momentum forget to work on Touma because he's the protagonist?

And then the leader of the RHotG attacked the Pope?! Why?! Man, I really don't understand HALF of the power dynamics in this universe...

If magic is the reason for that momentum then its negated yes actually.
God's right seat(except for Acqua) have been bullying the pope since the second season, you really shouldn't be shocked on one of them taking it a step further
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Can you imagine if the Final arc was a 3 part movie Adaptation like the Kizu movies?

BerriesSan - Mar 22

10 by Laplace_kun »»
Apr 13, 2:48 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2019

354 by bakakisima »»
Dec 11, 2023 7:07 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2019

117 by bakakisima »»
Dec 8, 2023 8:56 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2019

74 by bakakisima »»
Dec 8, 2023 6:46 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2019

82 by bakakisima »»
Dec 5, 2023 11:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.