Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 30, 2018 4:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh, I like that insert song they used this episode during the athletic competition. Seems the Student Council gets busy during this time of the event for the event.

Yuu and Touko had their cute moments too while being alone as usual. Their relationship gets more and more closer with every episode :D

Nov 30, 2018 6:34 AM
Jan 2018
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS manga readers will know my reaction , that scene in the equipment shed is one of my favourite moments in the manga and it was done beautifully ... well every episode has been done beautifully

But yes there was a few derpy faces by thats to be expected it should be Fixed in the Blu-ray
Mattinator95Jun 12, 2020 7:53 AM
Nov 30, 2018 6:35 AM

Feb 2010
Yuu: "I refuse to believe that I am in love!"
Nov 30, 2018 6:46 AM

May 2015
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh, I like that insert song they used this episode during the athletic competition.

The name of the insert song is Rise sung by Riko Azuna , it is on the single of the opening.
IMO not just this song but the whole OST of the anime, including the op and the ending too, is very pleasant.
IshitatesoNov 30, 2018 6:59 AM
Nov 30, 2018 8:00 AM
Mar 2018
Everything about this anime is so damn beautiful.
Nov 30, 2018 8:08 AM

Mar 2017
Anhesenaton said:
Stark700 said:
Ooh, I like that insert song they used this episode during the athletic competition.

The name of the insert song is Rise sung by Riko Azuna , it is on the single of the opening.
IMO not just this song but the whole OST of the anime, including the op and the ending too, is very pleasant.

Actually new insert track too in the monologue in the end scene! I like it ^_^
nr101Nov 30, 2018 8:17 AM
Nov 30, 2018 8:34 AM
Jun 2017
One of my favorite episode so far.. i mean yuu is starting (perhaps) to be inlove with nanami (senpai), her mind is just rejecting it...

And for me the HIGHLIGHT OF TODAYS EPISODE IS ALL ABOUT THE 💋💋💋 OF NANAMI (SENPAI) AND KOITO (SAN)... I just lovw how the emotion is flowing within them..

Yeah!!! Awesome episode..
Nov 30, 2018 8:39 AM

Feb 2016
Ayyyyyyyyyyy so, damn, fucking, beautiful. Looks like Koito is starting to open herself a "bit" more.

I need more of that scene <3
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Nov 30, 2018 9:32 AM

Apr 2015
papsoshea said:
Even though I don't like pashing (irl - I think it's disgusting)but the scene was still beautiful, I just need some 'expert' opinion - at this moment (ending scene) is Touko still under the impression that Yuu doesn't like her? I thought when Yuu pushed back in and actually kissed back, that would have been a prime moment to realize that. Well luckily it wasn't because if Touko gave Yuu that same look in episode 8, that would've chipped a crack in my soul lol

Personally I think she headcanon'd it as "sexual desire" imo.
thats why she reacted that way to this, but flipped out when yuu said she was happy in ep 8. She can rationalize the sexual feelings away, but not the "happiness"

it probably internally bothers her regardless, but we don't see that aspect yet.

dunno but its going to break down quickly anyway.

and yes that is going to chip away at my soul when she reacts like that again. Q~Q
Nov 30, 2018 10:04 AM

Mar 2008
Yangbojian said:

She doesn't "refuse", but because of what she agreed with Touko she can't admit openly.
Nov 30, 2018 10:19 AM

Mar 2016
At first, I felt like Maki might cause some trouble because of that creepy flash back, but I decided he won't because this anime does some creepy things, even though that is not what they had intended. So far, I think I was right.

I thought Maki was either gay or asexual. Guess he was actually aromantic?

Nanami senpai closing the door to that room was funny. And, that kiss was really cute.

The older woman was also really cute. She came to the school just to make fun of her girlfriend. haha!!

Koito is slowly falling in love with Nanami. I hope that doesn't cause unnecessary drama. Well, nothing has caused unnecessary drama till now, so maybe I am pointlessly worried.
Nov 30, 2018 10:23 AM

Nov 2010
PaninaManina said:
Yangbojian said:

She doesn't "refuse", but because of what she agreed with Touko she can't admit openly.

It is more that her image of "in love" doesn't match what she is feeling so she doesn't consider it to be love, but she is pretty rational so i'm sure she will come around and rethink her stance later on. I mean it is kind of the point of the show.
Nov 30, 2018 10:37 AM

Jun 2007
that scene where everything vanishes out of Yuu's gaze but Nanami...... yeah son..
see you, space cowperson . . .
Nov 30, 2018 11:33 AM

Feb 2017
I can almost smell the fact that... the moment that Touko knows that Yuu is already in love with her, she'll grow distant or something along those lines...
Because the Yuu that Touko Likes is the one that does not love anyone but still lets her do things.
Nov 30, 2018 11:54 AM
Mar 2016
Just 4 episodes left and the story is just sweet and heartwarming with no stupid unnecessary drama, just as I expected since the beginning.

If this is the main theme of this story, then I won't be worried about the fact that Touko doesn't want Yuu to love her back, there should be some character and love development soon.
Nov 30, 2018 12:41 PM

Apr 2015
commenting on the episode itself

I was really confused at how that insert song fit. I thought it was really pretty, but I didn't get why it was such a relevant moment to insert it into the episode..
until the focus shifted to Yuu. Then I understood, and man did it feel good. Haha.
Nov 30, 2018 1:16 PM

Jul 2017
That was great. I'd say my favorite episode of this series so far.
Nov 30, 2018 3:08 PM

Oct 2007
At the start of the episode, Yuu forgot that the storage room is the perfect place for yuri.

They lost in the sports, but Touko still "won" because she has Yuu.
Nov 30, 2018 3:10 PM

Oct 2012
Lewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwd.
Nov 30, 2018 3:23 PM
Aug 2018
tbh i never watched this genre before and not a big fan but this has become on of my fav this season and it's so different from any kind of romance at all
Nov 30, 2018 3:38 PM
Mar 2015
Yuu was moved by Touko when she was running and when they French-kissed
Nov 30, 2018 3:43 PM

Sep 2013
Watched this after no nut november ends.
I DONT REGRET IT.
IM FREE TO GO ALL OUT THAT END SCENE THOUGH. :DDDD
Nov 30, 2018 4:18 PM
Apr 2015
Now i have no idea how Nanami will respond when she notices Koito is developing feelings for her.
The events in the ep can bring up some really heartbreaking developments in the future . Koito is the type of person who will just cry and accept it if someday Nanami leaves her due to her own selfish demands . I don't hate Nanami but the show somehow managed even the viewer (me) to not welcome the "changes" (Along with Nanami and Sayaka)
If i don't make any kind of sense it is because i am not and i am just rambling without any explanations .
This show is seriously unfair . One time i complain that the show doesn't give me the trashy yuri fanservice but when it gives me exact thing i am not at all happy .
Nov 30, 2018 4:25 PM

Jul 2014
junglin7 said:
tbh i never watched this genre before and not a big fan but this has become on of my fav this season and it's so different from any kind of romance at all

Same. I only watched hetero romances before this but the way this show portrays the sensual and intimate aspects of love without feeling fanservicey or overly sexual is really refreshing. I also love how it places so much emphasis on each character's emotional and mental state of mind that makes the romance feel actually romantic. Its something I find a lot of typical teen high school anime romances fail to do, where they instead try to pass off awkward blushing moments and misunderstandings as "romantic development".
Nov 30, 2018 4:29 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode, that's what I'm talking about. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Loved the whole race scene with the insert song. Yuu totally just feel for Nanami there, probably a long time ago. She just doesn't want to accept it yet. I trust her to figure it out sooner or later.

Ah, the final scene was so so good. Can we get more of that? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Nov 30, 2018 5:44 PM

Jun 2014
Did the art quality suddenly drop? I've seen a lot of derpy face(not super derp but noticeable).

As for the episode, I personally thought it was one of the weaker one, but still enjoyable. The insert song was amazing, I was wondering why it was used and then Yuu just got mesmerized and it fitted so well! Yuu slowly but surely falling in love.

As for the kiss, I'm not here for the yuri so I didn't really enjoy it, but I can see why it was used here.

This anime is just really good, I can't wait to read the manga after it ends
Nov 30, 2018 6:37 PM
No.1 Nahida Simp

Jan 2017
Damn that Nanami thirsty as fck.
Nov 30, 2018 6:45 PM
Oct 2018
Thai777 said:
Did the art quality suddenly drop? I've seen a lot of derpy face(not super derp but noticeable).

As for the episode, I personally thought it was one of the weaker one, but still enjoyable. The insert song was amazing, I was wondering why it was used and then Yuu just got mesmerized and it fitted so well! Yuu slowly but surely falling in love.

As for the kiss, I'm not here for the yuri so I didn't really enjoy it, but I can see why it was used here.

This anime is just really good, I can't wait to read the manga after it ends

you're not the only one who notice. too much derp faces. even the waving hand of the sensei's girlfriend does seem to be a bit off lol

still giving 9/10 to this show regardless
Nov 30, 2018 7:50 PM
Mar 2017
Things got intense in this episode, Touko is very aggressive with the little Yuu, I am not surprised that she is falling in love with Touko little by little, although after seeing the scene of the race, I think Yuu is totally in love with Touko.
The first encounter in the equipment shed was very tender at a certain point, Touko being selfish and Yuu indulging in the selfishness of her senpai.
The sports day begins and Yuu analyzes her relationship with Touko and her own feelings that she tries to deny, at this point the conversation with Maki turned out to be very useful, she admits that she is equal to Maki, but finally the boy notices that Yuu is already one step ahead and she can no longer be considered someone who does not feel love.
The scene where Touko makes the circle to animate the group was very funny, the enthusiasm in the faces of Yuu and Sayaka killed me with laughter.
The scene of the race reminded me of the circus scene in the movie the big fish, "when you fall in love time stops", well in this case it slows down, but the point is that Yuu officially loves Touko and the second encounter in the equipment shed make things very clear, Yuu feels that she should not kiss Touko since it is against of what she feels for her senpai, but in the end Touko takes the initiative again and she french kiss Yuu intensely and Yuu's face already makes it clear that she does not dislike the kiss. Yuu's narration in which she denies that her heart is accelerated by this intimate moment makes me think that Yuu has a long way in this love story and in the end of this, she can get hurt pretty badly.
Nov 30, 2018 8:24 PM

Sep 2017
Well hot damn. Touko was definitely pushing some boundaries in that first scene. Yuu ends up agreeing to her request since "she doesn't like her anyway." Of course of the day of she finds herself dazed, or perhaps slightly infatuated, at the sight of Touko running. This is likely what caused the hesitation, though she was pretty confused by it and tried to make excuses anyway. I think we can somewhat thank the conversation she had with Maki earlier for this reaction. He was on the nose when he said he doesn't think Yuu is quite like himself. Anyway, Touko comes back aggressive and turns out Yuu was pretty into it. She will of course still play this off as non romantic feelings i.e. just sexual desire, but it was an intense scene none the less. I'm really looking forward to where there relationship goes.

Another thing I'm pretty excited for is the play Yuu's friend is writing. I actually really like the idea to write Touko's character as someone who hides her true personality since it fits her perfectly. Of course most of the cast in unaware of this, but I think it could lead to some really interesting developments. I have 100% faith in this series than any drama it may cause will be handled well.
Nov 30, 2018 8:26 PM

Jan 2011
Too lewd for me !~ due to their relationship those scenes have been pretty tame up till now not sure how either of them could come out of that room thinking "yeah but we don't like each other like that so it's fine" Touko after that i'd find it hard to believe she hasn't caught on to the fact Yuu might like her.

gonna need dat insert song tho it was great
Nov 30, 2018 8:33 PM

Aug 2017
It seems that the romance escalated so quickly.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 1, 2018 12:05 AM

Jun 2014
papsoshea said:
Thai777 said:
I noticed this too, their eyes were like crazy big and narrow in a lot of scenes in the track events. Its been pretty consistent tbh this was the first episode where it was clearly visible.

Yeah agreed, I always thought it was super consistent until this episode. Actually that why this stood out like a sore thumb, after so much episodes of consistency it suddenly became really derpy.

I just hope that the consistency come back for the remaining episode or I'll be really sad.
Dec 1, 2018 1:02 AM

Nov 2009
Thai777 said:

At least they knew where they should spend their budget and attention on. (Two store room scenes).
Dec 1, 2018 2:50 AM

Oct 2007
Forgot to say. I'm glad that Touko did not blame anyone when they lost the race. Maki and Yuu run fast, and I assume that Dojima guy ran fast as well, because Maki had a slight lead when he was running. Too bad, the basketball guys and girls are faster in the final parts of the race.. I guess the win is believable enough because people who play basketball run a lot.

Also nice to see coffee shop girl visit her waifu.

Dec 1, 2018 3:50 AM

Oct 2018
That's twice in the same episode Yuu pushes Touko's eager face away. I don't really understand these shack scenes with respect to how Touko reacted when she thought Yuu was reciprocating in the previous episode. What is Touko's end game, that one day they will marry and even make love with someone who does not love her back, as a "reward"?

I'd rather choose to believe that her eagerness to have Yuu initiate this time is a sign of her coming to terms with how much she wants them to love each other properly :3 Super good feeling about their chances after this episode!
This show is so much better than the real world, it will be super sad when it is over.
Dec 1, 2018 4:06 AM

Mar 2009
This episode was kind of lewd.
Dec 1, 2018 4:11 AM

Aug 2008
Well, this is escalating rather nicely. And Yuu's showing obvious signs of budding feelings. I'd like to see how Touko will eventually react.

Man oh man, the animation of this show is real pretty though. They nailed it. I also liked the animation the studio did for Sakurako-san, ReCreators and Aldnoah too. They never disappoint on that front.
Dec 1, 2018 4:13 AM

Aug 2008
Marina2 said:
Thai777 said:

At least they knew where they should spend their budget and attention on. (Two store room scenes).

I did as well. Some shots and expressions were more exaggerated than normal. But many of the scenes covered it up well enough for me not to care much. The quality is still there.
Dec 1, 2018 5:44 AM

Feb 2014
I had a feeling, one second after Yuu went into the storage room, that something amazing would happen in there. Luckily, my prediction came true, twice, as the big highlight of the episode for me was the excellent kissing scenes between Yuu and Touko.

We even got some tongue action with the second scene though, which was really impressive. =3

Sure, the art quality did suffer slightly during the sports day segment, but the locker room scenes, as well as a few other, made up for it. Maki and Dojima got some more screentime, too, which was great.

Yuu definitely has some romantic feelings for Touko now and I'm looking forward to seeing Touko's reaction to that if she finds out.
Dec 1, 2018 6:12 AM

Mar 2017
Wow. It was the best episode so far.
Kiss scene right of the bat wasn't a bad thing. Maki character explained.
And what was that?! So Yuu finally fell for Touko this time. Boy that kiss scene at the end was great.
Dec 1, 2018 7:12 AM
Aug 2018
UglyBarnacle said:
junglin7 said:

Same. I only watched hetero romances before this but the way this show portrays the sensual and intimate aspects of love without feeling fanservicey or overly sexual is really refreshing. I also love how it places so much emphasis on each character's emotional and mental state of mind that makes the romance feel actually romantic. Its something I find a lot of typical teen high school anime romances fail to do, where they instead try to pass off awkward blushing moments and misunderstandings as "romantic development".

Yes omg you're exactly right. A lot of romance anime tend to give as much fanservice and don't really focus on the plot at all and this is what i love about this anime cuz it's actually giving us a story
Dec 1, 2018 8:41 AM

May 2012
I love how sweet this anime is on the outside but really unsettling on the inside.
It's like a suspension bridge, when it snaps you drop fast and deep.
beep
Dec 1, 2018 9:21 AM
Jul 2018
omg the insert song is so gooooooooooooood
And also let me just say: I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THAT KISS SCENE IN THE STORAGE ROOM.
This scene was done well and I'm sobbing gtg
Dec 1, 2018 10:51 AM

Mar 2018
haven't read the manga yet but hope this goes well...

Yuu is finally realizing she's in love with Touko.

Dec 1, 2018 11:03 AM
Jul 2018
Holy fuck that kiss scene is so fucking good

Goddamnit why i'm so lonely
Dec 1, 2018 11:19 AM

Oct 2014
I'm glad No Nut November is over when this episode was aired.
*unzip

Beautiful. I hope it stays vanilla till the end.
Dec 1, 2018 1:19 PM

Apr 2015
Sports day was really nice and everyone really worked hard and did their best to win!

That final scene was just gold, I loved it! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Fair to say best episode so far!
Dec 1, 2018 2:42 PM
Dec 2015
um!! ashkdvjkshdjvnc 😳😳😳
Dec 1, 2018 5:48 PM

Jun 2009
^that's how I felt too ^^; not that I'm complaining, the romance is heating up~
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2018

199 by Worsethansoap »»
Mar 24, 6:04 PM

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2018

246 by rieeya »»
Feb 28, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2018

89 by CeliaOffcial »»
Jan 22, 3:05 AM

» anime or manga

kotosugu - Oct 12, 2023

17 by Atsunome »»
Jan 10, 8:02 PM

Poll: » Yagate Kimi ni Naru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2018

111 by Kimsowon2000 »»
Jan 1, 10:39 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.