Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 28, 2018 3:51 PM

Oct 2018
Did anyone else feel that it was fast paced? It had many scenes and most of them were hollow. I also find Mai telling Sakuta not to open the cabinet a bit weird. Is she testing him? And wouldn't Sakuta actually opening them be out of character?
"If someone says it's wrong to hope, I will tell them they're wrong every single time." — Kaname Madoka
Nov 28, 2018 3:57 PM

Nov 2008
Emiya_Fanboi said:
Did anyone else feel that it was fast paced? It had many scenes and most of them were hollow. I also find Mai telling Sakuta not to open the cabinet a bit weird. Is she testing him? And wouldn't Sakuta actually opening them be out of character?

It can't be as simple as that. He wouldn't have done anything if she never mentioned the cabinet, so maybe she's reverse psychologying him? If not then that is kinda lazy writing.
Nov 28, 2018 4:01 PM
Mar 2018
Am I going crazy or did they change the number of episodes from 24 to 13? Cause I'm very sure it had Darling in the Franxx potential...
Nov 28, 2018 4:04 PM

Oct 2018
Keirik said:
Emiya_Fanboi said:

It can't be as simple as that. He wouldn't have done anything if she never mentioned the cabinet, so maybe she's reverse psychologying him? If not then that is kinda lazy writing.

I thought about the reverse psychology thing as well but she could've asked him directly to open it and he wouldn't refuse. It has also been established that Sakuta is trustworthy so unless he has a reason to open it aside from his curiosity it would be out of character imo.
"If someone says it's wrong to hope, I will tell them they're wrong every single time." — Kaname Madoka
Nov 28, 2018 4:16 PM
Apr 2013
Vdy said:
How great of a seiyuu Asami Seto, she's literally acted as 2 characters, Mai's body has someone else's soul in it, noted how different she portrays Nodoka than when she does Mai.

Yes she is good. Most VA has more than one type of voices, but its more amazing when in the same voice you acted differently, like Seto to Mai and then Nodoka in Mai body.

On the other hand, I dont think Uchida Maaya does Mai too well. She made Mai in Nodoka body sound too flat, too cold. The usual voice tone of Mai feel more warm and kind.

Or maybe thats just me since I often pay attention to VAs.
Nov 28, 2018 4:17 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode again, this show hasn't disappointed me once.

So this new girl is Mai-san's sister, I do admit that it's kinda weird watching Mai-san act a little differently but it's fine since it makes for good shots. xD

I wonder what's in the cabinet, probably the key to turning this situation around.
Nov 28, 2018 4:18 PM

Jan 2018
Second ed still best ed
Nov 28, 2018 4:31 PM

Aug 2017
I felt this episode short. I want more.

A body swapping.....mmmmm....We'll see what happens.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 28, 2018 5:30 PM

Aug 2018
What a big boy cliff hanger got dam. Also, did anyone else watch the after credits and see and hear a third person?
Nov 28, 2018 5:38 PM

Jan 2011
entertaining episode

they actually had a somewhat normal conversation with that rude af girlfriend ,and

another one joins the harem i swear each week a new girl wants to sleep at his place for whatever reason
Nov 28, 2018 5:41 PM

Oct 2013
Oh no, not the drawer
Nov 28, 2018 6:32 PM
Oct 2018
I loved this episode and this new arc we're entering. The new topic about the sister inferiority complex and body swapping is interesting and very relatable to anyone who has an older brother who they get compared too.

I'm intriguied on what's inside the drawer but we all know that it's important and Mai wants Sakuta to see it, otherwise, knowing how their relationship is like she wouldn't have told Sakuta to NOT open the drawer (since its basically telling him to open it lol)
Nov 28, 2018 6:47 PM
Mar 2017
Body Swap episode.
The end of the previous episode left a hint that this type of phenomenon would happen and I am very satisfied.
Nodoka seems to be a girl a bit similar to her sister Mai, even so Nodoka feels overshadowed by the return of Mai to the world of entertainment. It seems there is a very big conflict between the two sisters.
The scene of Sakuta and Nodoka on the beach was the best, Sakuta is a man of culture, the part where Nodoka takes off the tights mmm ... sexy legs, the most fun is that Sakuta talks to her in the same way that he does it with Mai (this man does not hold back)
Poor Kaede, her brother keeps bringing girls to her house, but it does not matter, Kaede is too adorable and irreplaceable.
Nodoka panic crisis scared me a lot, I thought that she had something worse, thank goodness was nothing serious.
Mai shows concern for her sister, so she lets Sakuta take care of her and she gives him a copy of her apartment, but warns him to not open an antique wardrobe that she owns, but finally Sakuta prepares to open it, what kind of surprise will have for us that wardrove?

Very important detail: Futaba kept her ponytail and she looks very good, is good to see that Futaba is willing to listen to Sakuta and help him.
Nov 28, 2018 7:01 PM
Jul 2018
uninstallthegame said:
i really don't feel anything out of this show. somehow, these all abnormalities can't deliver a good punch for me to be entertained. i mean, people really compared this to monogatari? it can't even hold a candle to monogatari

A big part to why this is the case is mostly the plot doesn't signify what Puberty Syndrome is, and why it's significant to the plot. As is, it's a very convenient explanation to pit these characters in significant situations that can work with or without the label. The main drive of the plot is the character drama and coming-of-age through themselves among themselves, and by labeling these situations under the guise of Puberty Syndrome, it's very convenient for the author to make these supernatural events 'real', even though it falls flat on its significance to the plot overall.

Monogatari, on the hand, deals with its supernatural elements as part of the plot. The characters experience drama by exploring the facets of the fictitious elements involved, so it feels more ingrained.
Nov 28, 2018 7:17 PM

Dec 2017
collegedebt said:
uninstallthegame said:
i really don't feel anything out of this show. somehow, these all abnormalities can't deliver a good punch for me to be entertained. i mean, people really compared this to monogatari? it can't even hold a candle to monogatari

A big part to why this is the case is mostly the plot doesn't signify what Puberty Syndrome is, and why it's significant to the plot. As is, it's a very convenient explanation to pit these characters in significant situations that can work with or without the label. The main drive of the plot is the character drama and coming-of-age through themselves among themselves, and by labeling these situations under the guise of Puberty Syndrome, it's very convenient for the author to make these supernatural events 'real', even though it falls flat on its significance to the plot overall.

Monogatari, on the hand, deals with its supernatural elements as part of the plot. The characters experience drama by exploring the facets of the fictitious elements involved, so it feels more ingrained.

yeah, i share the same thoughts as you have. ever since Futaba started out connecting different real life theories as Puberty Syndrome, i gradually started to lose interest in all the nonsense that's happening. it's trying hard to be mysterious about it with all these surreal situation, but don't even come close to how monogatari had them. bunny girl is just basically teenage problems under a veil of mystery, it has no captivating parts about it. the most you can do is just relate to the characters and i'm no longer a teen to be doing that
Nov 28, 2018 7:32 PM

Nov 2017
- why everybody said Mirai Nikki reference here?
- "Onii-chan is becoming a delinquent." hohoohho... you got my point kaede-chan
- a puberty syndrome caused by stress that being compared by another?... oh, i know that feel.
- the ending song that sang by Mayayan, is just sound like her.
- the ending animation without sakuta in the end.
Now Loading.....
Nov 28, 2018 8:00 PM

Sep 2017
Okay so sister's not getting along and inferiority complex stuff was not too surprising. That cliffhanger, if you could call it that, was kinda a weird choice. It's a pretty strange choice from the writing perspective to have Mai say such a thing unless she actually wants him to look. I'm pretty sure everyone can agree that Sakuta would never have bothered if it wasn't mentioned, so that would be pretty stupid from Mai's side. It's clear Sakuta intended to look from the get go as he found an excuse to get Nodoka out of the room. I also feel it could be a troll to the audience and it's just some embarrassing bs or something. I guess we'll see.
Nov 28, 2018 8:09 PM
Nov 2018
While there are some ideas or theme that are not exactly refreshing, this anime keeps on surprising me on how they can take those ideas to make it somehow again refreshing and this was helped by the clever writing and the chemistry of the voice actors in this series. This episode is no exception from taking an idea that has been done, yet feels new. The VA of Mai really nailed Nodoka's personality and her point of view towards Sakuta even though this is the first time Nodoka actually talking with him. It feels like a totally different character and the writing helped on making us believe that this isn't Mai at all. Don't get me wrong though, Nodoka's VA really did well on playing Mai's interaction with Sakuta, but this episode could also turn into a great amnesia episode if you could ignore the fact that this is a body-swapping episode with Mai and Nodoka.

Also, there are some great shots from this episode that can be turned into profile pics. Here are my personal favorites

Nov 28, 2018 8:46 PM
Jan 2016
Awesome and interesting episode!

Didn't expect that Mai to have a little sister, and least expect them to swap body, when i saw "Mai" asking Sakuta "who are you?", i tought "oh no another problem!", but when i realized that it was Nadoka i felt kinda relieved! So we meet Nadoka and her familiar problems with Mai, about them being half sisters, and Nadoka being constantly compared to Mai, and the pressure that this creates!

Was kinda awkward for me to dealt with Mai in Nadoka's body, i prefer Mai in their own body, but the problem is really well expressed, in my opinion!

Sakuta reaction to Mai's body when their are on the beach was funny and priceless ("Sexy legs!"), i laught a lot, as always with Sakuta reactions and expressions!

Panic attack from Nadoka was really painfull to watch!

Was interesting to watch the conversation between Sakuta and Kunimi's girlfriend, they give up even badly, but she deserve that response from Sakuta!

Kaeda's logics are really funny!

Obvious the first thing he would go would be to that wardrobe! I am curious to se what is inside wardrobe, and why he shouldn't open it, i wonder if Sakuta will really open that wardrobe! I want to see but at the same time I'm afraid of the consequences of opening it!

Btw, I am glad to see Futaba with ponytail, she looks really hot! ;)
LimaolcNov 28, 2018 8:52 PM
Nov 28, 2018 9:00 PM
Sep 2016
“Never, ever open the cabinets in the Japanese-style room” - Mai

*Sakuta opens cabinet*
Nov 28, 2018 9:55 PM
Jun 2017
another puberty syndrome issue and today is all about body switching between mai and nadoka. hmmm!!! the feelings they have for each other sure is a complicated one. Nadoka hated (not really that much) mai since she is always being compared to her...

well being compared really to other people really can made you pissed off and be angry to that person even when they are not doing anything bad to you... lets see how this one will be solve...
Nov 28, 2018 11:41 PM

May 2015
May, June, July, August, September...does the Puberty Syndrome become active at the beginning of every month?

Nodoka Toyohama...Mai's younger sister. I assume "Sakurajima" is just Mai's alias as a celebrity...unless Nodoka is actually her stepsister or something. So Mai and Nodoka swapped bodies. Let me guess...the younger sister envies the older?

Eh? Oh...you mean that idol on TV is Mai's younger sister? What is this family...

Yep, called it! Half-sister!

Wait, so if Mai has to live Nodoka's life, and Nodoka has to live Mai's life, then that means that Sakuta will have to take care of Mai who is actually Nodoka, which means that Sakuta will be dating Nodoka who looks like Mai, which means....TRIANGLE!!!

"I impersonated her as a kid. She was my pride and who I looked up to." Called it again.

Futaba still has the ponytail. Yay for consistency!

Oh my God, Mai as Nodoka is being idolsihly cute...

Parents comparing one child to another is annoying especially in Mai and Nodoka's case when the mother wants to push her daughters to be better out of spite.

Mai tells Sakuta not to open the cabinets, and it looks like Sakuta is about to open the cabinets. I'm going to guess that the cliffhanger at the end of this episode is just a tease and he will not open the cabinets...because he's loyal. He better be loyal!
Nov 28, 2018 11:45 PM

Sep 2015
So many great lines in this episode. Kiade had me rolling, older brother has gone delinquent. Older brother turned into a gigalo 😂.

I feel bad for Mia's little sister. Even though shes frustrated with mia I think she really admires and cares about her. So when Mia came out with that cold truth saying she always resented her that had to be tough on her sister.

Great episode can't wait for next week.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Nov 29, 2018 1:12 AM

Feb 2018

I know your feeling bro

true man of culture
Nov 29, 2018 1:45 AM

Aug 2008
Definitely the weakest episode so far. It felt somehow rushed and really inconsequential. I didn't feel like anything was at stake there. It was still enjoyable but also a little disappointing compared to what this show was so far.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Nov 29, 2018 1:52 AM

Oct 2010
fucking joke

more unexplained supernatural bullshit.. this anime is so fucking bad seriously
lots of music -
Nov 29, 2018 5:46 AM
Oct 2018
uninstallthegame said:

-
yes monogatari is shit, don't know why people like this, i agree with ou.
"I know anything goes here...
but this...
this is clearly not fucking okay...!"
-Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu
Nov 29, 2018 5:59 AM
Oct 2018
VENGEDE said:
Predictable and boring:

• When Sakuta saw Mai and extended his hand toward her, the most cliched try-to-be-interesting lines was said: Who are you?
    hmm, never heard it before, you must be weird if you heard this line with similar context before

• Body swap, so enjoyable and definitely not something you seen before, or at least handled in an interesting way

• X person hates Y person for being so much better than him/her at many/all aspect (hate,jealousy,inferiority complex --------> duh)

• Became the person you envy to be, realized there is a reason she is who she is and the difference between she and you

• Something cannot be revealed/opened/used or whatever it is, but still ultimately revealed/opened/used (Throughout the episode, i keep waiting for Sakuta to attempt to open that Pandora Box, and i got what i waited for, what an interesting way to conclude this amazing episode,

Last episode was handled much better even though it is still cliched. Finally it pumped up from downhill at episode 8 but now i'll just see this through and forget about it [Why am i still watching this? Because this season has little good anime to watch and im grateful anime industry still exist.]

PS: My first participation in episode discussion, yeah~

-
and cliches make's it worse?
answer: no
but this...
-Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu
Nov 29, 2018 6:02 AM
Oct 2018
incisorr said:
fucking joke

-
what do you want to be explained about?
the people in this anime at the teenage age they can ave some problems and this problems cause the puberty sindrome, they explained that already, what happens it's within what problems it's having that person.
if you don't understand this, stop watching.
but this...
-Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu
Nov 29, 2018 6:41 AM

Dec 2014
idontknowsarcasm said:
incisorr said:
fucking joke

-
what do you want to be explained about?
the people in this anime at the teenage age they can ave some problems and this problems cause the puberty sindrome, they explained that already, what happens it's within what problems it's having that person.
if you don't understand this, stop watching.

It seems like ur username u really dont get Sarcasm!!

Send me Friend requests!!!!
Nov 29, 2018 6:43 AM

Nov 2011
I thought Sakuta's first love would have been Mai's half sister. I guess I was wrong. Pretty interesting episode though.

I'd like Mai to sandwich my head with her legs as well please.

What the hell are in those Japanese Cabinets?!?!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Nov 29, 2018 7:00 AM

Jun 2017
Sakuta trolling Nodoka was gold. Now I want to know what's in the cabinet too....
Nov 29, 2018 8:10 AM

May 2018
Eyy New girl, baby ! This one is Mai's stepsister. So, body swap huh ? One of my least favourite subgenre in gender bender (not really a GB because this is FtF).

Actually, the problem is already known from the first half of the episode, so yeah I'm sure this just need 2 episodes to cover. A sister who always under the shadow of her oneesan, hmm interesting, and actually happened really often in real life.

I don't really like Nodoka version of the ED, it just not that good in my opinion. The ED animation shows Nodoka and Mai, draws their relation as a sisters.
Nov 29, 2018 8:33 AM

Mar 2017
Hmm interesting.

I'm wondering what's in that cabinet though. Didn't look like a underwear joke to me.
Nov 29, 2018 8:40 AM

Jul 2014
Weakest episode by far so far, and I have pretty much zero interest in this arc or the new character it introduced. The quicker this arc is done and we move onto literally anything else, the better.
Nov 29, 2018 9:04 AM

Apr 2015
I think I get it. imouto is always being compared to onee-chan. thanks to that big clue about Sakuta's classmate also telling him very much the same thing. "I'm just annoyed that Mom keeps saying I should take her (onee-chan) as an example and study more." can also be taken as "you don't have an identity, you are born in this world only to study, bring results, do your job properly and don't complain".

no wonder Millennials aren't having babies. no wonder mgtow is growing. we have taken the red pill, we've seen what the matrix is, and we unplugged ourselves. its time to take women's rights away. oh wait, wrong forum.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Nov 29, 2018 9:14 AM

May 2015
incisorr said:
fucking joke

You're a bigger joke than this anime could ever possibly be.

Nov 29, 2018 10:00 AM

Dec 2014
Imouto appeared...hmmm the story has been quite interesting
Nov 29, 2018 10:12 AM

May 2016
Sasuga Sakuta....
Nov 29, 2018 11:43 AM
Jul 2018
I think their mothers are horrible. :/
I wonder what's in that cabinet. The suspense is killing me!
Nov 29, 2018 1:18 PM
Supporter

Nov 2018
Either Mai is masterfully manipulating Sakuta with this cupboard thing, or he's about to make a huge mistake opening it... What a cliffhanger though! (͠≖ ͜ʖ͠≖)
Nov 29, 2018 1:52 PM

Dec 2016
Hmm interesting, and now I'm wondering what is in the cabinets in the Japanese style room lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Nov 29, 2018 3:35 PM

Nov 2010
Very interesting episode.
In some way they managed to get more Mai x Sakuta in there because she is now in a different body and can meet him without anyone in her agency freaking out about her boyfriend.
They also managed to make it obvious how talented Mai really is. (she is like 'oh well i will just have to dance and sing perfectly, well that is easy to do' while her sister has a nervous breakdown in a situation Mai considers one of the easiest in her line of work)

Also the thing with the drawer is obvious reverse psychology, because if she really wanted it hidden she wouldn't mention anything and Sakuta is way too sharp to not understand it that way.

I would just wish they stopped putting the arc problems in the way of the relationship (to stall) and let the pair figure stuff out, because that is when the show is at its best. Both of them puzzling on the same case including some couple developement is clearly the strongest part.
Nov 29, 2018 3:46 PM

Dec 2016
The curiosity just killed a cat... Sakuta is about to open the cabinet Mai told him not to do. How will he explain that to Mai if he's found out? XD Bad Sakuta!

Not a bad episode :) I wonder how this goes...

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Nov 29, 2018 3:48 PM
Jul 2017
It was rather weak in my opinion. Nodoka is weak character compared to what Futaba and Mai could achieve in a single episode. Also, Sakuta don't you dare open that cabinet for God sake!
"To rule the time is to control the world" - Amane Suzuha
Nov 29, 2018 5:42 PM
Mar 2018
hatfielddr said:
What a big boy cliff hanger got dam. Also, did anyone else watch the after credits and see and hear a third person?

Cliff hanger? What haven't you ever seen any anime ever before? I mean it's Totally. Not. Looking. Like. A. Shrine. For. Dead. People. Isn't it?

And people argue with me why I can't get to like either the fanbase or the anime...
Nov 29, 2018 6:21 PM
Nov 2018
The trash of bunny bitch girl is highly overrated
Nov 29, 2018 6:35 PM

Sep 2018
uninstallthegame said:

lol drop the show then

is it that necessary to watch even if you don't like it?
We are all Misanthropes

Made you learn

Nov 29, 2018 7:59 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
MeAndMyStar said:
Huge props to the director for depicting a panic attack in such an extremely realistic way, especially for anime. Good episode, cliffhanger hype.
Agreed

Little sister is probably my least favorite girl atm but I can relate to having to be constantly compared to people more talented than you, so in that regards, I can sympathize with her

But bottom line.....Their dad sucks
Nov 29, 2018 9:36 PM
Jan 2015
Tokoya said:
MeAndMyStar said:
Huge props to the director for depicting a panic attack in such an extremely realistic way, especially for anime. Good episode, cliffhanger hype.
Agreed

Little sister is probably my least favorite girl atm but I can relate to having to be constantly compared to people more talented than you, so in that regards, I can sympathize with her

But bottom line.....Their dad sucks
Their moms suck too
My Queens

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2018

278 by Killerind »»
Apr 18, 8:02 PM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2018

517 by parteeksingh »»
Apr 10, 6:32 AM

» How many chapters left

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 7

10 by Aruhaya »»
Apr 8, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2018

195 by RinoRappa »»
Apr 4, 6:46 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2018

276 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 24, 5:24 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.