Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 27, 2018 8:22 AM
Apr 2017
Do you feel like there was a anime series, that had too many fillers? Did it feel like it over-ran the series, and ruined the overall appeal of the show, and could have done without it?
Nov 27, 2018 8:26 AM
Apr 2018
Only time a anime should have filler is a fanservse ep
[beach ep/hot spring ep]
Nov 27, 2018 8:38 AM

Mar 2018
ecchiharemgeek said:
[beach ep/hot spring ep]
I hate those filler episodes, especially the seasonal fair episodes. Like I have any better ideas but still my eyes roll back into my head every time I find out it's gonna be one of those themed episodes.
Nov 27, 2018 8:49 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
You know everyone here is gonna say any of the "big three".

I hate filler scenes that are stuffed in and added in with the adaptations of series that truly show me that the anime staff had no idea what the fuck they were writing *cough* bnha s3.
Nov 27, 2018 9:32 AM

Jan 2018
Have watched fillers of both Bleach and Naruto without not knowing what fillers are because it was the time where i started watching anime but nowadays I mostly skip fillers episode and will only watch fillers if the anime is currently airing.
Nov 27, 2018 9:37 AM
Jul 2018
Most of the fillers are good, honestly.
Nov 27, 2018 9:46 AM

Sep 2016
As someone that is nearly 100% anime only, the only way I'd know for certain if an episode was filler instead of canon would be seeing others mentioning it on sites like MAL.
It's kinda hard to judge a show for having too much filler or not if you don't know that there's any filler.

ecchiharemgeek said:
[beach ep/hot spring ep]

I disagree.
Especially in a series that pretty much takes place in one location (like in school), it's nice to see episodes where they dress casual, dress for the beach/pool/hot spring, or even when girls go shopping and try out different outfits.

In a series that is on the more serious side, it's nice to see episodes where they break away from the seriousness to cut loose and have some fun.
If that fun isn't canon, I don't mind. The timing or execution of it may make an enjoyment difference, but not just it's existence.
You're never too old to watch anime.
If I ever stop watching anime, check my pulse I'm likely dead.

I wake up with coffee & anime, I go to sleep with coffee & anime.

Sorry if my sarcasm is bad, it's not my first language.

Nov 27, 2018 11:18 AM

Oct 2018
Am a big fan of Chobits, but definitely found the middle section of that series narratively stalled with the trio of of filler episodes (12,13,14) that were rather bland filler, after a lot of interesting developments in episodes prior. It didn't hurt the series too much, but the story definitely drags a lot there.
Nov 27, 2018 11:25 AM

Jun 2017
Stripes said:

I hate filler scenes that are stuffed in and added in with the adaptations of series that truly show me that the anime staff had no idea what the fuck they were writing *cough* bnha s3.

This.

I stronly hated S3 just because of that. Sadly, the best of BNHA came in the first half of such season so it's a shame.

Nov 27, 2018 11:35 AM

Oct 2010
Gintama has too many cannon episodes, the fillers are funnier,
but only in Gintama.
Nov 27, 2018 11:43 AM

Feb 2015
Some of Fairy Tail's funniest episodes were filler. But then the filler arcs ranged from meh to completely disastrous...
Nov 27, 2018 11:56 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Jare4lopez said:
Stripes said:

This.

I strongly hated S3 just because of that. Sadly, the best of BNHA came in the first half of such season so it's a shame.

Finally someone hears my pain.

You know people scoff at the anime teams just using the manga as a storyboard. If the story is good leave it alone.

+++All the other garbage and steroids they added in. There's a narrative here GUYS.
Nov 27, 2018 11:58 AM

Dec 2016
The only two animes with tons of fillers I've watched are Bleach & Naruto and I HATED the fillers so much.

I watched those shows on my national TV when I was a kid so there was no way for me to skip an episode as I would online. I didn't know what filler was back then but I watched and thought 'Why does it feel so different? Why is the story getting so boring? I thought we're looking for Akatsuki so why are we doing this and that?'

Now that I can rewatch them online, I happily skipped over the fillers except when they're related very heavily to the main storyline (ex: the 3-tails appearance arc was fairly okay).

So long story short, I'm only okay with fillers if, when going blindly, I don't realize that it's fillers. But if I went blindly and can feel the story disconnecting, then the fillers are a huge turnoff.
Nov 27, 2018 11:59 AM

Aug 2016
I enjoy fillers that add more to the characters or the worldbuilding of the series, otherwise they can fuck right off.
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Nov 27, 2018 1:52 PM
Jul 2018
Yeah, Bleach and Naruto are 50% filler. Good luck watching that shit while it aired.
Nov 27, 2018 2:43 PM

Nov 2018
Yeah filler is only good when it's adding to the narrative, Naruto and FT had two great filler arcs I can think off the top of my head (12 Guardians/Key of Starry Sky) but I'm more for the filler that doesn't get drawn out, just some transition arcs and one-offs here or there.
Nov 27, 2018 2:45 PM

Dec 2012
Pretty much any long running shounen title qualifies for this.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Nov 27, 2018 5:35 PM

Nov 2016
There could be some fillers that are good and enjoyable,

but then the rest are bad.

Nov 27, 2018 6:57 PM

Sep 2018
The main reason why I don't want to watch Naruto + Shippuden is because almost half the series is filler

Nov 27, 2018 7:29 PM
Jul 2018
Half of Shippuuden was filler and people were saying most sucked so what I did was just watch the canon (non-filler) episodes and after I finished it I put it as dropped because I technically didn't complete it.

If it's an anime with less filler then I'll watch them instead of skipping them though.
Nov 28, 2018 7:11 AM

May 2018
Example for good anime original episodes - Gintama.
Example for mediocre-to-horrible anime original episodes - Detective Conan.
Nov 28, 2018 7:28 AM

Jan 2016
Haven't watch Bleach but the obvious and well-known answer is Naruto.

More topics from this board

» Credit cards companies are forcing the Hentai industry

Dije - 19 minutes ago

5 by IpreferEcchi »»
5 seconds ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men?

Alpha_1_Zero - 7 hours ago

43 by Sorachin »»
6 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows?

EverRealm - 8 hours ago

36 by CheesyJen »»
11 minutes ago

» Would your husbando wash your dirty feet?

Catalano - 12 minutes ago

0 by Catalano »»
12 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

63 by DigiCat »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.