Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 26, 2018 7:20 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, Rimuru has some funny ideas going on about those transformations.

It will probably take some time for Rimuru to get used to his new forms but he's adapting well. Finally got to see some of the other characters showing up this episode (
)

Rimuru's ability continues to impress~
Stark700Nov 26, 2018 8:53 AM
Nov 26, 2018 7:33 AM

Oct 2014
So based on Twitter images, for those who are curious, it seems this episode ends when...

It also seemed to have the "cave segment" included, which I feared would be skipped based on the fact that it wasn't shown in any of the preview images.

EDIT: Oh dear, they showed the cave segment, but only mentioned things like the multilayer barrier on passing and left out 2 very important skills changes altogether. Now I am in a bit of a bind in regards to the status screen I am making for Rimuru for the anime... should I hope that the anime will properly mention them later, or should I break my own policies and include them in the list based on "source material", despite the fact that it might become a spoiler? Questions, questions...
Grey-ZoneNov 26, 2018 9:16 AM
Nov 26, 2018 9:13 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Interesting episode as always. Its nice seeing the goblin village get developed both in terms of construction and in leadership. Absorbing Ifrit sure allowed Rimuru to gain some interesting abilities with body double being the most intriguing. It was amusing seeing Rimuru experiment with the body types. Hmm its nice seeing Ogre's being given humanoid forms rather than the beast ones seen in other media. The fight between Rimuru and the ogre's sure was interesting as both sides had plenty of surprises. Its good that Shuna's intervention managed to stop that fight. Curious about this new enemy that the ogre's are hunting but this episode sure started the new arc with a bang.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 26, 2018 9:17 AM

Nov 2014
His reaction to lack of thing between legs was funny. It's a bit weird that it's the only part that doesn't get reproduced when he changes, even though other sex-specific traits (like breasts) do.

It's nice to see more characters from opening finally introduced. I guess he is going to give those guys names too.

I'll probably be repeating myself, but this anime is easily my AOTS and possibly next thing to add to favourites. I just hope it keeps this level.
Nov 26, 2018 9:31 AM
Jun 2017
I can officially say it's going past the orc arc now.
Nov 26, 2018 9:40 AM
Cherry Thighs

Apr 2013
Oh, fuck yeah! That was such an awesome episode!
I'm so glad more of the cast are finally coming into the series!
Nov 26, 2018 9:41 AM

Mar 2018
Last week was a weak episode, but this week made up for that. Finally back to the quality we know. Humor, animation and awesomeness on point.
Nov 26, 2018 9:43 AM
Jan 2018
Otaku__Life said:

I hear people are moaning they forgot to adapt more skills and experiment with it. Which probably would have slowed down the episode. They did a good job adapting what they did and I'm glad they didn't take too long for the orgre misunderstanding/fight as I thought it would be epiosde 10
Nov 26, 2018 9:46 AM
Oct 2016
I loved the episode, we finally get to see more of the characters we have seen in the op and ed. I`m enjoying this show a lot so far.
Nov 26, 2018 9:49 AM

Dec 2011
Yes they didn't skip the part where Rimuru is checking his new body xD
Well another perfect adaptation and the fight was really great.
Nov 26, 2018 10:05 AM

Oct 2018
A fun episode this week. Looking forward to the appearance of the awesome Gabil-sama!
Nov 26, 2018 10:24 AM
Jan 2018
Yes they added the experiment with the body. Shame they didn't do the reaction where he quickly covers the female mimic which his coat to hide the bust XD but the reaction was still as funny.

The way he gloated about his flame XD
Nov 26, 2018 10:50 AM

Dec 2014
so like I was still thinking that romance will follow but seeing he has no gender this may seem difficult
Nov 26, 2018 10:50 AM

Jun 2014
Lol Rimuru seemed to have fun experimenting with his body transformations.

We finally got introduced to some of the other characters from the OP, and the battle that occurred with them was quite entertaining to see. Looks like they're on Rimuru's side now.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 26, 2018 11:05 AM

Sep 2014
Rimuru checking his body hehe, his black flame skill looks pretty dope too.
Good to see our ogre friends, looking forward to next week!
Nov 26, 2018 11:09 AM
Oct 2018
I really like the effort the creators put in this animations, that kick on Gobta was dope even though it meant gag
Nov 26, 2018 11:13 AM

Jun 2009
finally benimarus group appears waited for that
Nov 26, 2018 11:14 AM

Nov 2015

A new arc starts and Rimuru Tempest does not stop surprising. He is so OP but his real power lies in his ability to make peace through words instead of by force. The group is getting bigger! We finally got to meet the ogres!

They made Rimuru look both surprised but also cool in the scene of him testing his new ability on Verudora's cave. Kinda ominous. I liked it. It is also a nice touch that he is trying to respect Shizue's memory the best he can.

The SFX were amazing too. The explosions and effects for the black fire were incredible.
Truly, each episode is so entertaining to watch but it such a shame they feel SO short. They go by so fast...

To think this is just the beginning of the journey and this may be just a starting area, like, the "tutorial" of what it is to come.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

PS: Rimuru is such a pervert, hehe, but he is pure at his heart :)
PS2: You gotta admit, he looks so god damn adorable in his human form >//< (I never though I would say those words but here we are)

Enryu231 said:
I really like the effort the creators put in this animations, that kick on Gobta was dope even though it meant gag
Smoothest kick this season

ibraheem234 said:
so like I was still thinking that romance will follow but seeing he has no gender this may seem difficult
Well, as odd as it may be, he still thinks of himself as a man. His current real body doesn't have a gender and he seems to be stuck with that but he still identifies as a man. I think the reason he didn't stick with the more masculine human form was because it alters too much Shizue's image and the female version...well, too similar and he doesn't mean any disrespect towards her.
We know that in the OP his looks are different so, it's a matter of time.

kaitonic said:
Everytime I see a comment saying along the lines "They didn't skip ...." my heart smiles =)

HumbertoZeroNov 26, 2018 11:23 AM
Nov 26, 2018 11:20 AM
Mar 2018
I hate when he transforms back into his shitty slime form
Nov 26, 2018 11:38 AM

Nov 2009
I expected the ogres to be quite ugly compared to the manga's artstyle but they were surprisingly well drawn and overall the episode was great again. The male ogres in gereral looked better in the manga imo, and the females look better in the anime so far.

Manga pages for comparison:

GildeshNov 26, 2018 11:42 AM
Nov 26, 2018 11:46 AM

Apr 2018
Amazing episode again, i'm so excited for the next episode
Nov 26, 2018 11:49 AM

Jul 2014
The show's going to keep glossing over Rimuru getting his human clothes back when he changes form and just leaves them lying around, isn't it?
Nov 26, 2018 11:59 AM

Mar 2014
What you need to to do now is forget everything you've seen of Rimuru leading up to the fight. Then rewatch the fight with Rimuru's audio removed.

And thats how you make Rimuru into an evil shounen antagonist.
Powered by yuri.
Needless to say, I finish all anime I start, no matter my initial opinion, no matter how bad it gets, I WILL FINISH IT!
http://www.anime-planet.com/users/zunderdog24
Nov 26, 2018 12:21 PM
May 2017
Groenboys said:
Last week was a weak episode, but this week made up for that. Finally back to the quality we know. Humor, animation and awesomeness on point.
I was depressed after last weeks ep XD
Nov 26, 2018 12:23 PM

Feb 2011
They haven't yet made it clear whether he can transform with the clothing or not. Previously, he transformed back into a slime along with his clothes, but this time he left his clothing behind. Which is it?
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Nov 26, 2018 12:36 PM

Aug 2017
I like the part where Rimuru is experimenting with his body transformations lmao.

It seems that we have more characters in the team.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 26, 2018 12:46 PM

Dec 2015
These last couple episodes have dropped my score for this anime fairly substantially. There are just too many issues that are turning this unique twist on an overly-saturated genre, into just another generic isekai anime.

Put simply, overall they are relying on things that simplify the writing process too much and lend to an easy but uninteresting narrative. First of all, last episode they killed off the only interesting character so far; she was the only one with a compelling backstory and drive directing her behaviors and actions. Along with that, killing her off killed all hope for a potential love interest. This is so typical in these types of anime where they find some dumb excuse for the MC to not have to pursue any of the interests because it takes more work to write an interesting love story in this type of anime without it feeling overbearing and turn into a romance anime which isn't its focus. So instead of finding that balance, they killed the main love interest off and made the MC some emasculated, sexless, queer femboi. It's just a bad excuse that results in bad writing.

They also haven't even left the village yet, the dragon is still gone, and nothing interesting is happening with the humans who are clearly wary of what's going on with the monsters. I still have hope for the potential story with the humans, but there was a lot of other potential here that gets killed off more and more after every episode, reducing its overall potential plot points that could have made it a truly entertaining and compelling isekai anime, but will likely instead turn into another generic, repetitive, and monotonous story.
Nov 26, 2018 12:50 PM

Aug 2018
I'm in love with this show. This is an issekai done right. Not some trash rushed adaptation that only serves as an advertisement for the source material but a show that has good world building, good animation, an unusual main character and a likeable cast of supporting characters.

This episode was amazing, the scenes where Rimuru was experimenting with his body had me rolling on the floor. "My son didn't make it" lmao
The fight was also fun, I kind of thought our slime hero finally found a difficult opponent when that old man cut his arm off but I suppose I underestimated our slime (haha). It's not that the others are weak, it's just that our slime is too OP.

Also just wanted to say that I just adore the character design of human Rimuru.
<Insert clever quote>
Nov 26, 2018 12:52 PM

Apr 2015
Rimuru's skillset is impressive and it's growing with every episode! I am slowly starting to really like this. Getting used to see Rimuru in a human form.
Nov 26, 2018 12:56 PM
Nov 2017
Mattinator95 said:
Otaku__Life said:

I hear people are moaning they forgot to adapt more skills and experiment with it. Which probably would have slowed down the episode. They did a good job adapting what they did and I'm glad they didn't take too long for the orgre misunderstanding/fight as I thought it would be epiosde 10

Yeah I got chills wen they said they had no names, with that old appearance of Thiers, rimuru might name them,
Just like the goblins
Nov 26, 2018 1:04 PM

Feb 2011
Umm, it wasn't exactly explained why they attacked the goblins if they were originally attacked by pigs. Does the explanation come later?
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Nov 26, 2018 1:06 PM
Jan 2018
Reload said:
Umm, it wasn't exactly explained why they attacked the goblins if they were originally attacked by pigs. Does the explanation come later?

The goblins most likey attacked them first
Nov 26, 2018 1:08 PM
Jan 2018
HumbertoZero said:

A new arc starts and Rimuru Tempest does not stop surprising. He is so OP but his real power lies in his ability to make peace through words instead of by force. The group is getting bigger! We finally got to meet the ogres!

They made Rimuru look both surprised but also cool in the scene of him testing his new ability on Verudora's cave. Kinda ominous. I liked it. It is also a nice touch that he is trying to respect Shizue's memory the best he can.

The SFX were amazing too. The explosions and effects for the black fire were incredible.
Truly, each episode is so entertaining to watch but it such a shame they feel SO short. They go by so fast...

To think this is just the beginning of the journey and this may be just a starting area, like, the "tutorial" of what it is to come.

PS: Rimuru is such a pervert, hehe, but he is pure at his heart :)
PS2: You gotta admit, he looks so god damn adorable in his human form >//< (I never though I would say those words but here we are)

Enryu231 said:
Smoothest kick this season

ibraheem234 said:
Well, as odd as it may be, he still thinks of himself as a man. His current real body doesn't have a gender and he seems to be stuck with that but he still identifies as a man. I think the reason he didn't stick with the more masculine human form was because it alters too much Shizue's image and the female version...well, too similar and he doesn't mean any disrespect towards her.

kaitonic said:
Everytime I see a comment saying along the lines "They didn't skip ...." my heart smiles =)

That's not the reason why he stays in kid form
Nov 26, 2018 1:47 PM

Nov 2015
Mattinator95 said:

I would have been more...constructive for your comment to explain why rather than just saying no but ok =/
What a mood killer.
Nov 26, 2018 1:55 PM
Jan 2018
HumbertoZero said:
Mattinator95 said:

I would have been more...constructive for your comment to explain why rather than just saying no but ok =/
What a mood killer.

Never mind I looked it up a few mins ago. Shizu is mostly the reason but that's more to do with the adult female form.
Nov 26, 2018 1:55 PM
Jan 2016
Good episode, with funny parts!

First part when Rimuru reacts to his body, was really funny to watch! Nice dark flame looked powerful!

We meeted almost everyone that we see in opening and ending, i am curious to know more about them, pink haired orc girl looked cute!

Hyped to see more!
Nov 26, 2018 2:05 PM

Jul 2016
It being sexless was the expected but even if the chances were too small I wanted it to be a loli.
Nov 26, 2018 2:23 PM

Feb 2014
Rimuru had such a fun time experimenting with his human body transformation. His reactions were so funny throughout the whole scene. =3

Not only that, but his skillset is becoming more impressive. His dark flame powers was really powerful.

It wasn't long before he put his powers to use as the group of ogres came along and attacking Rigur, Ranga, Gobta and the others. As expected, Rimuru made easy work to 3 of the ogres with moves taken from the creatures he defeated and absorbed before.

He did get a bit careless and temporarily lose his arm, but after regaining it, he decided to get serious, with his dark flame and thunder powers definitely scaring the ogres, but thankfully, the pink-haired one saw sense and thankfully, the misunderstanding was cleared and no one died.

The whole battle with the ogres was, once again, done really well from the animation, sound effects and the character interactions. I'm looking forward to seeing more of our ever-expanding cast next time! ^_^
Nov 26, 2018 2:31 PM

Jan 2013
Personally, I don't mind they made character sexless or left out any romance - anime in general, and this one isn't exception, are notoriously bad in handling sexuality or romance in any (mature) way anyway.

So no great loss.

Still, this story aims for same audience as isakei harem comedy would, and it is shown occasionally. Ironically, it is in a show that explicitly is not harem, named male to female ratio is at least 1:1 so not a harem, but each time MC has to interact with female .... well, yeah, we saw that before.

It is still best show of the season ...
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Nov 26, 2018 2:38 PM

Aug 2013
Never change Japan, never change. That was quite wholesome with that scene with our busty ogre companion lol. But seriously, Rimuru learning more about his human body and his skills, oh boy he's getting stronk everyday.
Don't believe the hype.
Nov 26, 2018 2:48 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Man, what an amazingly splendid episode, Rimuru is like that one OP hacker that joins the server and rekts everybody, that is, until the admins get in, that's what I'm worryingly expecting to come next. And by the way, what's with the pig from the last episode I thought they were going to be present from the get-go. The ogres mentioned some masked female that attacked their brethren, probably it was the hero some time on, the past?
I just gotta believe Rimuru would name those ogres and have them under his wing, he's becoming unstoppable, and his new skills, that black flame though.
Nov 26, 2018 2:55 PM

Oct 2014
beast_regards said:
Still, this story aims for same audience as isakei harem comedy would, and it is shown occasionally. Ironically, it is in a show that explicitly is not harem, named male to female ratio is at least 1:1 so not a harem, but each time MC has to interact with female .... well, yeah, we saw that before.

Not a very accurate description. Scenes like those disappear as time passes. At most they are hooks to get people to give the series a shot, but the ones who got hooked usually keep reading/watching for different reasons.

We are talking about a series which has a LN that easily sells 50.000+ copies per volume in the first two weeks (pretty much lower-top tier) and the the manga version even reaches 300.000+ copies per volume in the first three weeks, which rivals even mid-tier Weekly Jump and Weekly Magazine series sales. In the LN version, fanservice is actually pretty much non-existent and the manga does have a bit of it early on, but reduces it as the story moves along, until it pretty much disappears completely when looking at most recent 5 or so chapters.
Nov 26, 2018 3:34 PM

Dec 2014
Busty ogres and busty goblins

what a show
Nov 26, 2018 4:01 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode this week.

It was fun watching Rimuru experiment with his clones. XD
He's a man of culture indeed.

The fight against the Ogres was awesome and it was really cool to watch Rimuru use his power especially the part where he intimidated them with the black flame. I'm glad that those Ogres came around at the end to see that he wasn't there enemy.

Looking forward to what happens next.
Nov 26, 2018 4:31 PM
Nov 2018
HumbertoZero said:
A new arc starts and Rimuru Tempest does not stop surprising. He is so OP but his real power lies in his ability to make peace through words instead of by force.
Really? If he wasn't OP he would be dead, words wouldn't help him. He did indeed try to use words but enemy just ignored everything he said and tried to kill him without any reason. Literally, old dude tried to cut his head off while he was saying "Wait! You got it wrong!" If he wasn't OP, it would be his last words. Then he demonstrated that he could crush ogres like bugs and they suddenly become reasonable. Note, it did not happen because of something he said but because he tried (successfully) to scare them by magic demonstration. Didn't he, like, use force here, just a little?

Ogres' logic is adorable - "he could easily destroy our village but didn't, there fore he is innocent". So, if he wasn't strong enough, he would be guilty and dead! Awesome. Bunch of cowardly murderers. And their initial attack on goblins is just as pointless, they had problems with orks.

I enjoy the series overall but "his real power lies in his ability to make peace through words instead of by force" looks like a huge stretch to me. OP solves all his problems, he is slime in the name only.
Nov 26, 2018 4:36 PM

Jan 2016
Another action packed and intense battle this episode. When Gobta was slashed I really thought he'd die. I'm glad they show us where Rimuru get his power from again, otherwise I might just forget it. For now I don't really like this Benimaru guy but let's see next episode.

Damn he definitely can't tell the mask between Rimuru's and the attacker's are different when they're talking until he grab it by himself and look it up close.
Nov 26, 2018 4:48 PM

Apr 2012
And so, MC is now the androgynous version of the Knights & Magic protagonist?
Nov 26, 2018 4:53 PM

Oct 2014
HumbertoZero said:

There's actually a practical reason for him to keep the small standard human form. It's not mentioned in the anime, but in one or more of the other media versions Great Sage mentions that mimicry that uses black mist causes a slight reaction speed delay, but his regular small androgynous human form without any black mist does not have that delay. So there is a practical reason for him using this form.

RobertBobert said:
And so, MC is now the androgynous version of the Knights & Magic protagonist?

Kinda ironic, that Ernesti is still male, but robosexual, while Rimuru is sexless, but still pretty much into girls.
Nov 26, 2018 5:00 PM

Jan 2017
this show is seriously good, can't wait for next weeks episode
Nov 26, 2018 5:08 PM

Apr 2012
Grey-Zone said:
Kinda ironic, that Ernesti is still male, but robosexual, while Rimuru is sexless, but still pretty much into girls.

Well, as far as I understand the author's explanations, Rimuru can still have both heterosexual and yuri relationships, if the situation requires it... Damn, this is the perfect MC for hentai douji!
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2018

290 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Apr 21, 3:53 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Jiharo - Feb 11, 2019

227 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 19, 5:17 AM

» rimuru is the bad guy

Rukasumi - Apr 11

2 by felixsifuri »»
Apr 12, 11:53 AM

» Help my fellow weebs

Lonely_kun - Apr 5

27 by Puntosmx »»
Apr 7, 4:54 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2019

287 by iggggi »»
Apr 7, 5:21 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.