Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (23) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 18, 2018 4:45 PM

Jan 2008
Effective immediately, @doughkey replaces @riku

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . anime . manga . updates . ♫♪. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Dec 18, 2018 4:54 PM

Oct 2012
Ya'll bout to get fucked up. And by ya'll I mean mafiq of course, because ducking town would be counter productive I swear! He he... Woooo.

Oh lawdy here we go again..
Dec 18, 2018 5:00 PM

Oct 2012
Disclaimers, I am on mobile because I sold my desktop for a pixie stick full of illegal substances and an impressively shiny fisher spinner, so this is awful and auto correct fights my cool kid slang every nudge of the way. I work 54 hours this week and smash just came out, this is pretty low priority. And lastly, despite what you all may be thinking, I am a mortal just like the rest of you, I am almost as humbled to be in your presence as you are to be in mine, despite what Jack may say, amen.
Dec 19, 2018 7:00 AM

Jan 2008
Day 1 Start

Osie has been killed, they were...

Day 1 has begun!

Countdown to Night 1

@_Wisp @Doughkey @logic340 @Phraze @aa-dono @Bowie @Tingle @beeboy @Abhutrash @Karote @Yurkin

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . anime . manga . updates . ♫♪. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Dec 19, 2018 7:05 AM

Nov 2014
RIP osie 12/19/18-12/19/18

Vote: _Wisp

Obviously, best strategy right now would be massclaim. I know this is hard to believe, but I'm VT.
Dec 19, 2018 7:40 AM

Jul 2009
vote: Karote
Dec 19, 2018 7:45 AM

Jul 2009
So early in the game and already fakeclaims, tch tch.
Dec 19, 2018 7:53 AM

Jul 2009
abhutrash said:

Obviously, best strategy right now would be massclaim. I know this is hard to believe, but I'm VT.

Trying to evaluate the pros and cons of such action.
Do you have statistical data to back it up?
Dec 19, 2018 7:58 AM

Nov 2014
yurkin said:
abhutrash said:

Given the setup, I estimate that if we all claimed, roughly 81.818% of players would tell the truth. This is not concrete given people can act erratically, however having that much of the game solved would be very beneficial for town.
Dec 19, 2018 8:02 AM

Jan 2014
@abhutrash
Exactly what do you plan on reading into?

vote: dono
blinddate
she was never awake
even with her eyes wide open
never where she longed to be
and if you’d meet her
just know
you were on a
blind date with a dreamer
Dec 19, 2018 8:14 AM

Jan 2014
81% of the players will do what? Claim being vanilla town, while the the other 19% won't? Does that make them scum? If only mountainous games were that simple
blinddate
she was never awake
and if you’d meet her
just know
you were on a
Dec 19, 2018 8:16 AM

Dec 2012
Vote: yurkin
Dec 19, 2018 8:27 AM

Dec 2012
abhutrash said:
yurkin said:

Given the setup, I estimate that if we all claimed, roughly 81.818% of players would tell the truth. This is not concrete given people can act erratically, however having that much of the game solved would be very beneficial for town.

Let's start off this by, how could you tell who lies and who doesn't? Realistically speaking this is impossible to solve as anyone could say they are town and you have no means to prove it right other than lynch them (or NK them at night if you are scum)

This man is suggesting we all massclaim our roles when we all have the same one, only difference is our alignment which is vanilla (goon for mafia case) which arises another question, why would they suggest such thing when it doesn't make sense? Friendly banter? Others may perceive so and ignore him because doesn't sound serious at all, is obvious, rather too obvious.

abhutrash said:

Therefore I have come to the conclusion, from my experience it's harder to be productive as scum because you have to pretend to be town and fake ''scumhunt'' so it's easier to try and blend in, pretend you are saying something even if it's absolutely pointless because you know, that will make you out of people eyes because you aren't doing anything especially scummy so why would people pay attention to you? That's what scum wants.

I hereby declare this man as a scum, I suggest we all lynch abhu. I sense 0 town intentions from his posts, what town would gain from writing this banter? Absolutely nothing, only scum would benficial from posts like that. It's like you drop a food on the floor and you think to yourself ''3 seconds rule'' it's nothing right? Wrong! As soon it touched the floor, it already has disgusting bacteria in it.
Same for abhu posts, you think nothing is wrong but don't fool yourself, he has already blended in as a scum.

With that, pls lynch him, thank you.
Dec 19, 2018 8:31 AM

Jan 2014
@karote
who are you...

seems like he's trying to catch slips or even flavor game, but the role pm for a dead townie is on the first page for an easy sample role pm, there exactly to prevent flavor gaming...

blinddate
she was never awake
and if you’d meet her
just know
you were on a
Dec 19, 2018 8:39 AM

Jan 2014
@Doughkey @logic340 @Phraze @aa-dono @Bowie @Tingle @beeboy @Abhutrash @Karote @Yurkin

Heres a question, if you had no other information outside of meta of an individual, who would you want to see be lynched, and why?

My answer would be aa-dono, since she can be pretty manipulative, and as town shes more of a lurker, so lynching her is always better to me
blinddate
she was never awake
and if you’d meet her
just know
you were on a
Dec 19, 2018 8:51 AM

Dec 2012
_Wisp said:
@karote
who are you...

seems like he's trying to catch slips or even flavor game, but the role pm for a dead townie is on the first page for an easy sample role pm, there exactly to prevent flavor gaming...

Is that a rhetorical question or should I introduce myself?

I'm Karote, I'm 20 years old guy, human (possibly), my birthday is on 14th June, I'm a Gemini and my chinese zodiac is tiger, I don't really have favorite food, in my free time I like to cycle and swim in the summer, when I get nervous I yawn a lot and when I was a kid, I once stuck my tongue in a frozen lamppost and it got stuck (during winter) it bled a lot when I forced it out so now it looks like few bits are missing.

How would you suggest abhu is trying to catch slips? Obviously everyone read the setup, they've had a week or more to read it over and it even says on the thread title VANILLA MAFIA so I'm doubting any flavor gaming can be done here.

And also what you said, so my question is why are you thinking it could be that when you know yourself well it most likely isn't and doesn't make sense? Why are you speaking for him? Did I catch your scumbuddy so you're speaking up for his defense? Is that it? or you're one of those people that comment on everything and have to give their opinion on stuff always and it comes natural.
Dec 19, 2018 8:59 AM

Jan 2014
@karote
Your comment addresses but it wasnt particularly a question, and if you end the statement, with, "we should lynch him", I will give my thoughts, I barely ever think of the consequences of my statements anyways.

I am aligned with town anyways

How you say? Easily, because sometimes, but not always, there are slight differences between role pms, even those that are just vanillas, particularly in the fact that, mafia vanillas, are for the most part called goons... and without the vanilla sample role pm, they might not have the same wording as someone who has the town vanilla role

Lets say Trash does flip scum, does that equate to someone being scum, just because they defended him? That is a poor thought process, since as the minority, we are bound to make mistakes
blinddate
she was never awake
and if you’d meet her
just know
you were on a
Dec 19, 2018 9:03 AM

Jan 2014
Also, if we are talking about early scum tells, In my opinion, pulling out detailed reasons early, I why someone can be scum, is more so done by scum, on par with the same reason why you are saying we should lynch Trash
blinddate
she was never awake
and if you’d meet her
just know
you were on a
Dec 19, 2018 9:07 AM

Jan 2014
also, my question wasn't rhetorical, you placing such an early read on why someone has a high chance of flipping scum, so early, is weird coming from you, so its something for me to think about

if anything, you and trash are never W/W, probably
blinddate
she was never awake
and if you’d meet her
just know
you were on a
Dec 19, 2018 9:13 AM

Nov 2014
_Wisp said:
81% of the players will do what? Claim being vanilla town, while the the other 19% won't? Does that make them scum? If only mountainous games were that simple
_Wisp said:
Of course my post wasn't trying to flavor game, you must take me for a complete imbecile, ugh.
Dec 19, 2018 9:17 AM

Jan 2014
@abhutrash
then clarify what the point was, I'm open ears, and also answer my question that I pinged everyone in

@karote
same with you
blinddate
she was never awake
and if you’d meet her
just know
you were on a
Dec 19, 2018 9:21 AM

Jan 2014
also Karote your opinion on trash is almost invalidated by the fact that you didn't vote him...
if you believe your statement, then why arent you voting him?
blinddate
she was never awake
and if you’d meet her
just know
you were on a
Dec 19, 2018 9:27 AM

Nov 2014
_Wisp said:
@abhutrash
then clarify what the point was, I'm open ears, and also answer my question that I pinged everyone in
Point was really to just make a stupid quip with my RVS. I assumed that everyone would recognize it as such, since the game is even called "Vanilla Mafia" but hey, I'm happy it at least started some conversation early on.

As for your question, I'd pick Beeboy. Didn't like their town playstyle from the one game I played with them (Terraformars). Was pretty unhelpful in gamesolving, but hoping that was just a fluke due to how insane that game was. For the record, my answer would've been riku but he subbed out ;-;
Dec 19, 2018 9:28 AM

Nov 2014
_Wisp said:
also Karote your opinion on trash is almost invalidated by the fact that you didn't vote him...
Maybe everyone who's posted so far has been joking except you *thinking emoji*
Dec 19, 2018 9:32 AM

Jan 2014
id say there's about a 20% of one of the scum being in trash, and karote, from the posts I've seen so far

@Abhutrash
I think Riku is a lot easier to read then people give him credit for, so i wouldnt waste on a vote on him, even if he was being useless

as for beeboy, hes a very analytical player imo, and not someone I'd push for a lynch day 1, but i can see how you feel that from his play in terraformars
blinddate
she was never awake
and if you’d meet her
just know
you were on a
Dec 19, 2018 9:33 AM

Jan 2014
abhutrash said:
_Wisp said:

if so, what would be the purpose of joking? if anything its more closely related to the trope, that scum like to enter the game in a more comical manner, to break the ice, kinda building off Karote's opinion, but a different side of the spectrum of early scum tells
blinddate
she was never awake
and if you’d meet her
just know
you were on a
Dec 19, 2018 9:40 AM

Jan 2008
🌼 Vote Count 1.0 🌼

🍦 _Wisp (1): abhutrash 🍦
🍦 Karote (1): yurkin 🍦
🍦 aa-dono (1): _Wisp 🍦
🍦 yurkin (1): Karote 🍦

🍰 Not Voting: Doughkey, logic340, Phraze, aa-dono, Bowie, Tingle, beeboy 🍰

>>Day 1 Timer<<

Dec 19, 2018 10:13 AM

Jan 2010
I haven't read shit. I'm at work but will be active this evening. I'm just dropping by to
vote: wisp
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC

Dec 19, 2018 10:17 AM

Jan 2014
logic340 said:
I haven't read shit. I'm at work but will be active this evening. I'm just dropping by to
vote: wisp
not much to read, interesting that you chose to not for go your typical vote for no lynch, and make me a train instead.

So this vote was completely random?
blinddate
she was never awake
and if you’d meet her
just know
you were on a
Dec 19, 2018 10:55 AM

Nov 2014
_Wisp said:
abhutrash said:

if so, what would be the purpose of joking? if anything its more closely related to the trope, that scum like to enter the game in a more comical manner, to break the ice, kinda building off Karote's opinion, but a different side of the spectrum of early scum tells
You are correct in that it can be an early scum tell, though I would argue it's dependent on the player. That said, Karote's post did read strangely to me as well; the main reason I'm semi-defending it is that I feel like you're taking things way too literally now. Pretty NAI knowing you
Dec 19, 2018 11:40 AM

Jan 2014
@abhutrash
Weird in what way?

main reason I'm semi-defending it
so my comment makes you think karate sounds better?
sounds like a pocket, if you ask me

blinddate
she was never awake
and if you’d meet her
just know
you were on a
Dec 19, 2018 11:40 AM

Jun 2013
Good evening everyone, I haven't played in over 2 years so might be a bit rusty (not like I've ever been very good) but bare with me.
abhutrash said:
I fail to understand where those statistics come from. And what will you do if everyone claims? There are no flavor roles it's vanilla mafia so obviously anyone would be claiming town, and it will be as much as a shot of the dark. This move is something to take to mind for later.

Karote said:
Why are you voting for yurkin then and not on abhu, or am i missing something?
_Wisp said:
kinda hypocrytical as you're also basing your suspicion off of meta.
I think it's still way too early to have any read on someone yet. 1st days are the worst in my opinion, it's just everyone voting based on meta reads and way too often a townie ends up lynched, I still don't like this tactic, but hey let's not start this discussion again, I understand that's how you get the game going.

Vote: logic
Curious what they have to say when they get back, might as well press them a bit.

Edit: messed up my spoilers, guess my bbcode game is rusty too
Dec 19, 2018 11:44 AM

Jan 2014
@tingle
I would say my RVS is less of an RVS and more of a serious vote, and pretty closely based on meta, yes, as well as my slight suspicion of Logic

but my thoughts on Karote and Ash, come from scum tells, that I think are correct more than less of the time, but i still need more

I do agree that day one lynches are somewhat of a shot in the dark, but i still want to be ok with the person im voting
blinddate
she was never awake
and if you’d meet her
just know
you were on a
Dec 19, 2018 11:48 AM

Nov 2014
_Wisp said:
@abhutrash
Weird in what way?
That's the longest post I've ever seen Karote make, lol. Plus, there's this convoluted flow of deductive reasoning. I'm chalking both of those up to be part of the joke, but the question is whether this is a joke Karote makes as town or one he makes as scum...
_Wisp said:
main reason I'm semi-defending it
so my comment makes you think karate sounds better?
sounds like a pocket, if you ask me
Uh, no? Your comment did nothing to change my opinion on Karote's post? I don't even know where you got this conclusion from, please don't put words in my mouth.
Dec 19, 2018 11:52 AM

Nov 2014
Tingle said:
Good evening everyone, I haven't played in over 2 years so might be a bit rusty (not like I've ever been very good) but bare with me.
abhutrash said:
I fail to understand where those statistics come from. And what will you do if everyone claims? There are no flavor roles it's vanilla mafia so obviously anyone would be claiming town, and it will be as much as a shot of the dark. This move is something to take to mind for later.
Setup is 9 town / 2 maf. If everyone claimed VT, then 9/11 (81.818%) would be telling the truth. yurkin asked for statistics so I complied, lol. As I've iterated already, the massclaim suggestion was a joke. Stinks that I have to spell it all out like this but whatever, hopefully someone got a chuckle out of the banter.
Dec 19, 2018 11:58 AM

Jan 2014
That said, Karote's post did read strangely to me as well; the main reason I'm semi-defending it is that I feel like you're taking things way too literally now.
this says otherwise, "the main reason im defending it, is because you are taking this way too literally, also do you think its good strange or bad strange? here it sounds like you are saying its bad strange, but it seems like you think the opposite

large posts dont mean anything, even good posts dont mean anything, dont read off the quality of the post, only the content

of course two people wouldnt be telling the truth... wtf lol, that doesnt provide us with any information... also tonally it didnt sound like a joke, but w/e, feels like you doubling back on that post now, and it looks worse

Edit: Small Grammatical Fix, removed doesnt
blinddate
she was never awake
and if you’d meet her
just know
you were on a
Dec 19, 2018 1:29 PM

Nov 2014
_Wisp said:
That said, Karote's post did read strangely to me as well; the main reason I'm semi-defending it is that I feel like you're taking things way too literally now.
this says otherwise, "the main reason im defending it, is because you are taking this way too literally,
What I meant by "semi-defending" in that quote was that I was defending it not as a town post, rather I was defending against the weird literal stance you took towards it. If you read this with the context of the quote chain, this should be apparent.

_Wisp said:
also do you think its good strange or bad strange? here it sounds like you are saying its bad strange, but it seems like you think the opposite
I'm leaning towards a bad strange.

_Wisp said:
large posts dont mean anything, even good posts dont mean anything, dont read off the quality of the post, only the content
Cmon now, you're telling me that post length coming out of Karote didn't raise any red flags for you? As I already iterated, the length wasn't the only thing I found odd. I could do a play-by-play on the bizarre deductive reasoning, but I find that unnecessary at this point in the game and would like for people to draw their own conclusions regarding the post.

_Wisp said:
of course two people wouldnt be telling the truth... wtf lol, that doesnt provide us with any information... also tonally it didnt sound like a joke, but w/e, feels like you doubling back on that post now, and it looks worse
That. Is. Part. Of. The. Joke.
It's like you've never heard of sarcasm before, it's baffling how idiotic you think I am.
Dec 19, 2018 1:31 PM

Nov 2014
I'm already annoyed and we're not even 12 hours in :/
This is gonna be a long game...
Dec 19, 2018 1:38 PM

Nov 2014
On a separate note:

@Doughkey
Hi, I think is the first time we've played together. Who on the players list were you excited to play with? Of those, who do you think has the strongest scum game and who has the strongest town game?
Dec 19, 2018 1:39 PM

Jul 2009
Think point of the joke was to sound serious, you know like a lawyer and its listeners.
Wasn't I sleepy would have answered with impressive, simply impressive. Well, wasn't I sleepy I would've answered in serious manner and just as long in length.
Dec 19, 2018 1:52 PM

Jul 2009
_Wisp said:
@Doughkey @logic340 @Phraze @aa-dono @Bowie @Tingle @beeboy @Abhutrash @Karote @Yurkin

Heres a question, if you had no other information outside of meta of an individual, who would you want to see be lynched, and why?

My answer would be aa-dono, since she can be pretty manipulative, and as town shes more of a lurker, so lynching her is always better to me

Why did you decided to start the game like this?
Is this game driving question or adding a question-like explanation for your own vote?

Don't really have an answer, meta is not the first thing I think about entering a game.
Dec 19, 2018 2:14 PM

Oct 2011
(should've said earlier and idk if I should post but.. I'll be replacing out. not feeling well. inb4 u worry about this slot)

Dec 19, 2018 2:16 PM

Jun 2013
_Wisp said:
@tingle
I would say my RVS is less of an RVS and more of a serious vote, and pretty closely based on meta, yes, as well as my slight suspicion of Logic

but my thoughts on Karote and Ash, come from scum tells, that I think are correct more than less of the time, but i still need more

I do agree that day one lynches are somewhat of a shot in the dark, but i still want to be ok with the person im voting
If you feel like people are showing scum tells vote on them, holding your vote on someone who're you're not getting anything from for the moment, won't help.

On that note, I'm glad that day 1 phase is 48 hours, as we're halfway into 24 hours and I have only seen the same 4 people or so responding. Inactive town is inefficient. It will only lead to unnecessary deaths of townies.

abhutrash said:
Tingle said:
Setup is 9 town / 2 maf. If everyone claimed VT, then 9/11 (81.818%) would be telling the truth. yurkin asked for statistics so I complied, lol. As I've iterated already, the massclaim suggestion was a joke. Stinks that I have to spell it all out like this but whatever, hopefully someone got a chuckle out of the banter.
Hm. I like a little banter in a game, but it does need the right timing. Might want to find a better place and time to do so next time, as it might be working against you. Just helping a bro out.

i'm going to sleep now but @logic340 what have you gathered after work? any input? i generally don't like placeholder messages saying people are too busy to respond for now added with a RVS vote. Way more often than I'd like it's a way for a scum to stay under the radar. Acting like they're participating in the game but not really adding much.
Dec 19, 2018 2:18 PM

Dec 2012
_Wisp said:
@karote
Your comment addresses but it wasnt particularly a question, and if you end the statement, with, "we should lynch him", I will give my thoughts, I barely ever think of the consequences of my statements anyways.

I am aligned with town anyways

How you say? Easily, because sometimes, but not always, there are slight differences between role pms, even those that are just vanillas, particularly in the fact that, mafia vanillas, are for the most part called goons... and without the vanilla sample role pm, they might not have the same wording as someone who has the town vanilla role

Lets say Trash does flip scum, does that equate to someone being scum, just because they defended him? That is a poor thought process, since as the minority, we are bound to make mistakes

Prove that you're town aligned, otherwise they are just empty words and I don't know why are you throwing them out there, I will only townread you based on behaviour if you have such behaviour tho. I might soon start analysing posts and do my own read list, now I'm too lazy at the moment. Will see how exactly townie I think you are.

You don't think of consequences of your statements, I wonder? Your mafia meta must be pretty shitty then if you never think what you say ;)

I don't know if it's even allowed to do word from word role PMs, pretty sure not, that's dirty play. How did you came to such conclusion? abhu only said he wanted mass claim, not game mod of any sort. Altough this does fit that you never think about consquences of your statements. I wouldn't call this trait scummy but you can have 1+ townie points for me (You need 5 points to earn town read from me, everyone starts at 0)

Yes, because then we can associate abhu scum with you. Of course that doesn't confirm you being scum but you'll be a suspect, it would be poor tought process if I immediatly read you as scum just based on that, I'm considering every possible detail. Of course people say scum tend to stay away from their own teammates and don't talk to each other usually but not always, as long the probability exists I won't overlook it so no, it is not thought poor process. It doesn't make you scum, it puts you slightly more up ahead in the list for being scum.

What do you think of abu now that you had some sort of interaction with him?
You can ignore all of the above.
Dec 19, 2018 2:23 PM

Nov 2014
Phraze said:
(should've said earlier and idk if I should post but.. I'll be replacing out. not feeling well. inb4 u worry about this slot)
Thanks for the alert.
Hope you start feeling better soon Phraze <3
Dec 19, 2018 2:34 PM

Dec 2012
@Tingle, Why are you asking me the same question as Wisp did? I don't like that.
+1 scum points for you.

Amusing how your posts seem weirdly ''pro-town'', can't quite explain it but I will keep a keen eye for you. 👀
Dec 19, 2018 2:36 PM

Dec 2012
_Wisp said:
@tingle

You don't know my meta. You don't know my meta. You don't know my meta. You don't know my meta. You don't know my meta. You don't know my meta. You don't know my meta. You don't know my meta. You don't know my meta. You don't know my meta. You don't know my meta. You don't know my meta. You don't know my meta. You don't know my meta. You don't know my meta. You don't know my meta. You don't know my meta. You don't know my meta. You don't know my meta. You don't know my meta. You don't know my meta. You don't know my meta. You don't know my meta. You don't know my meta.
Dec 19, 2018 2:45 PM

Nov 2014
_Wisp said:
Oh, I didn't see this. You've been consistently wrong about your reads on me. I don't know where you're getting this unwarranted confidence from xD
Dec 19, 2018 2:52 PM

Jul 2016
🌼 Vote Count 1.1 🌼

🍦 _Wisp (2): abhutrash, logic340 🍦
aa-dono (1): _Wisp
Karote (1): yurkin
Logic340 (1): Tingle
yurkin (1): Karote

🍰 Not Voting: Doughkey, AlbertinoDias, aa-dono, Bowie, beeboy 🍰

>>Day 1 Timer<<
KitDec 19, 2018 3:00 PM
Had I the heavens’ embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

- WB Yeats
Dec 19, 2018 2:52 PM

Jan 2008
Effective immediately, @AlbertinoDias replaces @Phraze

Do not discuss the circumstances around this replacement.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (23) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [GAME] (* ̄・ ̄)ノ Count to 30 Before a Slightly Inebriated Staff Member Posts! v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Togs - Jul 2, 2017

2866 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:07 AM

» [GAME] Last Letter Game ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

grave_robber - Sep 9, 2014

8750 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» Count To 7777 V3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lambtron - May 15, 2018

1159 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» [GAME] Say something about the person above you ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Jul 19, 2014

3810 by Zymf »»
Jun 19, 2023 2:43 PM

» [GAME] Truth or dare (ToD) 2.0 [Round 5] ( 1 2 )

Lambtron - Mar 12, 2019

92 by Zymf »»
Jun 18, 2023 12:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.