Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 25, 2018 7:31 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Interesting, they're starting to bring in more rivals in this show. As a story with competition, they definitely needed that outside of the main club members.

Not sure how I feel about Minato this episode but I hope he's keeping up with the others. Glad to see his relationship has improved with others. Fujiwara is a very noticable character this episode as he had a connection with Minato in the past before.

Nov 25, 2018 7:40 AM

Nov 2007
Test time soon.

Even the womanizer guy is feeling that the girls is bothersome because he's serious about Japanese archery now.

The guy who is usually in bad mood wanting to do "Yugaeri". His teaching made others curious.

One week with no archery.

Showing the strong school, there's twin that is freedom. Then a kouhai that is good (OnoKen?). Main guy was mentioned by the senpais there. Representative chosen. The twins also knows about main guy and happy that he's gone. OnoKen's character commenting that they are "creating" enemies.

It seems like a senpai not happy with a skilled kouhai guy not giving the position of getting to competition to senpais.

Main guy and megane guy talking about that guy who is in that strong school now and about trying to talk to each other.

Wow, surprising to hear that young teacher rejected old teacher once before. He accepted the offer the second time because he wanted to surpass his grandfather, who didn't teach him well.

Test ends. Main guy saw that OnoKen's character will participate.
tsubasaloverNov 25, 2018 9:06 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 25, 2018 11:39 AM

Oct 2018
Tournament and more Fujiwara? I feel blessed.

Masa-san and Fujiwara both have such a beautiful form when they shoot, thank you Kyoani gods.

Good episode overall; learned more about the rival school and Masa-san but still taking it slowly

Don't worry about being lame now, you were always lame anyway!

Nov 25, 2018 11:44 AM

Dec 2014
Damn, watching Masa-san shooting is so awesome. The presentation is so top notch there.

Finally, the tournament. I've been waiting for quite a while. xD
We also got a little sneak peak at our rivals which includes Minato's old friend Fujiwara.
Nov 25, 2018 11:59 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Nanao's sure a chick magnet lol. Bow turning sure sounds pretty complex. Its nice seeing how close the boys have become though. It was interesting in seeing how the other school practices their archery. The firing speed of the twins was impressive. Its nice that Minato is making an attempt to change his personality as a result of seeing what having friends is like. Tommy sensei's drink with Masaki sure was a warm scene. Looks like things are starting to heat up with the prelims incoming. Overall an interesting episode that did well in introducing a number of new and powerful characters that are on the opposing team. It will be interesting to see them clash in the prelims.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 25, 2018 12:35 PM

Apr 2009

lol, he's totally enthralled.

In the novel Masaki tells his backstory to Minato, I definitely prefer that version. Hopefully they get to it in the anime too.

Shu's introduction was a bit underwhelming.

Nov 25, 2018 2:56 PM

Sep 2011
Ryouhei's smile, and radiance brings me life, but this was a great episode! Masa-san is such a handsome, cool, and competent coach that the team can't help but to get fired up, wanting to learn more and more. He is really making that club a welcoming place for his pupils, different from what his grandfather did for him.

I wasn't expecting to learn more about Masa-san's past, I thought it would be only about the boys, but I'm so glad it's here, giving him more depth as a character. His grandfather was his coach, and also the one closest to him, but his practices weren't the easiest ones. His grandfather was really strict, and it seems his way of imparting knowledge was through harsh remarks, but I'm glad that even after that Masa-san still loves archery, loves it enough to overcome his target panic, and to share his knowledge with a younger generation, he is the best. Tommy-sensei is so lucky though, having a date with him, I bet Minato, Kacchan, and me would kill for it. lol

Well, the rival team seems interesting enough too, the twins seem to be a bit insensitive, and rude, but they are also capable, and straightforward. I guess it's my weak spot for twins, but I already kind of love them. That senpai was an insufferable jerk telling them to lose on purpose too, so... I still don't know what to think about Fujiwara, but his meeting with Minato in the next episode might bring some light to his character.
Nov 25, 2018 4:53 PM

Oct 2015
The episode also focused a bit on the other competing school.

That Fujiwara Shu is really good at those shots, and I think he and Minato have some history lurking around. I wonder what is it?

Those twins were real jerks of that school and even more than those senpai's who wanted their spot.

Good episode,
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 25, 2018 5:16 PM

Jul 2017
Fine episode. Other than the teasing of rivals from Kirisaki, nothing else was really interesting.
Nov 25, 2018 5:16 PM

Mar 2016
First i started this anime waiting for something very good (because i love to learn about new sports) on the way though i found the story unintresting and that made me sad ... BUT every episode i am watching is making me love this anime more !! It has started to show its true colours

Nov 25, 2018 6:32 PM

Jul 2016
Good, episode. Better that the previous one, in my opinion.

As some people above me said, Masa-san's way of shooting is truly beautiful. It was also nice to know more about his past with his grandfather and why he decided to teach at Kazemai. Not to mention that Tommy-sensei's words to encourage him were nice as well.

That aside, I must say that the presentation of the team from the rival school was my favorite part. They all seem interesting at first glance, especially Shu. I wonder what his relationship with Minato is like. He doesn't seem like he hates him or something so I'm a bit curious.
Nov 25, 2018 8:33 PM

Sep 2017
Hmm, my first impressions of Shu are much better than expected. I wasn't expecting him to call out the slightly annoying twins like that. His character actually seems pretty humble, but I guess we'll see next week when the junior high gang meets up.
Nov 25, 2018 11:37 PM

Sep 2018
those twin twinks are so cute, but they’re pretty rude.
Nov 25, 2018 11:50 PM

May 2017
This was by far the best episode of the series or maybe second best, got to know a lot of stuff regarding the backstories also I'm interested in shuu, seems quite interesting fellow.
Btw does anyone has any news about the episode count ? By the current pace it seems it's gonna be a singel cour.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 26, 2018 12:38 AM

Nov 2018
Definitely appreciated that backstory for Masa-san's reasons for coaching.

Looking forward to learning more about Shu and Minato's history!
Nov 26, 2018 1:29 AM

Apr 2012
I know that the original LN is aimed at girls and therefore all the guys on this show look so moe, but it amuses me how the twins and Shu remind me of IM SideM. In any case, after the neighboring Wind, it begins to seem to me that the Japanese girls have a thing for the boyish twins.

Jin_uzuki said:

lol, he's totally enthralled.

So, if Minato is the local version of Kumiko, can we assume that Masa is “meant” as a mix of Reina and Taki-sensei? :D
RobertBobertNov 26, 2018 1:36 AM
Nov 26, 2018 7:57 AM

Feb 2016
Looks like things are going to get interesting from now on with the introduction of Fujiwara and the other school, this show needed that.

Also Masa's shot was God-like :o
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Nov 26, 2018 2:49 PM

Nov 2018
Masa-san I love you more and more each episode. Shu is interesting, I love the way he talks
Nov 26, 2018 10:32 PM

Dec 2016
The introduction of the new characters in the show was very interesting. Although I think that the twins are very rude, I couldn't agree more with them when they answered back to that big second year idiot.

Anyway, I can't wait to know more about Seiya. I think he may be hiding something due to the different camera angles which were focused on his character.

Nov 28, 2018 2:00 AM

Oct 2008
Another good episode! OST is top notch!
we get to see Shuu Fujiwara, a first year who is cut above the rest! and of course he knows Mr. Panic MC archer! lolz
4/5.

Nov 28, 2018 11:28 AM

Aug 2017
really enjoying the show, usual great kyoto animation. can't wait for next week!
Nov 29, 2018 2:51 PM

Dec 2016
Ah so the team rivals enter the fray
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Nov 30, 2018 11:55 PM

Jul 2017
Finally a rival team appeared, seems like they're a powerhouse school. This is the second time a twin appeared in this season's sports anime, and more annoying. Fujiwara was fine though, I thought he'd be another Kacchan-like character and I'm glad he turned out to be the opposite. As for the plot, nothing to be expected, it's generic but I don't really mind generic story in a sports anime.

smell of coffee
songs of sleep

Dec 2, 2018 4:25 PM

Aug 2017
Oh yeah, the rival school. It seems that Fujiwara is a good guy. I really disliked the twins.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 7, 2018 8:43 AM

Jun 2013
I thought Shu would appear as somewhat cold and arrogant as that was my first impression of him on the OP but I'm glad he's the opposite. I like how he defended Minato from the twins and not to mention his form is beautiful. Shu had me lovestruck lmao.
Feb 8, 2019 7:04 PM

Jun 2014
I have to be honest, this Anime is among the most boring thing I've seen in a while. I don't hate it, but at the same time I don't really like it either. There's lots of hot guys in it, especially Masa-san, but it's not enough to make me excited.

Jul 17, 2019 11:12 AM
Jul 2015
Wohohoo the sadistic girl (whis is i adore) is getting stunned & that is cutee
Nov 27, 2021 11:59 AM

Jun 2015
This episode answered one of the biggest questions I had while watching Inuyasha. How did the bow string end up on Kagome's left when it was supposed to be on her right? Now that I know the answer, I highly appreciate the details.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Apr 14, 2022 1:32 PM

Feb 2020
I really liked the conversation between Tommy-sensei and Masaki. I'm sure Masaki is already a better teacher than grandfather.

SerafosMar 6, 5:59 AM
Aug 27, 2022 6:40 AM
Apr 2022
Aug 29, 2022 9:41 PM
Nov 2021
Can't wait to watch the rest throughout this week. Really love the way they end off each episode.
Oct 2, 2022 7:29 PM

Aug 2019
Shu is nice and attractive
Oct 15, 2022 10:10 AM
Jan 5, 2023 5:55 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Ah yeah the usual exam pause xD But now with the 1st tournament things will turn tense

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tsurune: Kazemai Koukou Kyuudoubu Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2018

48 by Ratris_Decision »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Tsurune: Kazemai Koukou Kyuudoubu Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2019

37 by Shikkakku »»
Jan 7, 5:28 AM

Poll: » Tsurune: Kazemai Koukou Kyuudoubu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2018

50 by Shikkakku »»
Jan 7, 12:01 AM

Poll: » Tsurune: Kazemai Koukou Kyuudoubu Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2018

40 by Shikkakku »»
Jan 6, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Tsurune: Kazemai Koukou Kyuudoubu Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2018

45 by George8 »»
May 20, 2023 1:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.