Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Nov 24, 2018 8:36 AM
I don't know if this has been discussed already, my apologies if it has.

Do not read this post if you are spoiler sensitive; this is just a theory, but if it does turn out to be true, don't blame me I didn't warn you

Remember how when Koutarou was listing all the zombies, he gave their backstories and how LEGENDARY they were in their past life? Now we know from the short insight into Sakura's life that she wasn't an idol or anything of the sort.

Now recall how she got a Deja Vu when Junko got hit by Koutarou ramming his van into her.

My theory: this isn't some saga revitalization. This is Koutarou's attempt at making up for Sakura's life that he accidentally took. He killed Sakura. He felt terrible about it, learnt all about her, somehow learnt necromancy or whatever, and is now trying to make her enjoy life as a zombie fulfilling her dream to be an idol, as a part of the best idol group of saga.

Nov 24, 2018 8:48 AM

Weak theory.

Yes, he may be the one that killed Sakura, but he may also be doing the same for every other girl in the group.
Each one of them seems to had her life and dreams cut short.

Nov 24, 2018 9:21 AM
PaninaManina said:
Weak theory.

Yes, he may be the one that killed Sakura, but he may also be doing the same for every other girl in the group.
Each one of them seems to had her life and dreams cut short.

Point noted, but maybe Sakura was the catalyst for him to undertake this mission

Nov 24, 2018 4:02 PM

That could be the case. He’s so eccentric that anything is possible. The series is so full of surprises.

Nov 24, 2018 4:05 PM
Interesting theory. We can only wait and see how it goes.

Nov 24, 2018 4:25 PM
I see. I think, this theory must be really hidden in dark core of story.

Dec 3, 2018 7:53 PM

Dec 3, 2018 8:01 PM

I like this Theory.

Do you mind if I use this as Inspiration for a Youtube Vid?

"The more popular an anime becomes, the larger the fan base becomes. The larger the fan base becomes, the more weirdos are in the fan base. The more weirdos with louder voices..." -NuxTaku, 2019

Dec 4, 2018 4:58 PM
I have a little theory on why sakura lost his memory (I do not know if this theory has already been mentioned somewhere on the internet):
she regained consciousness without having been the days before a zombie without consience like the other 6 girls
a slow evolution through the status of death, to that of zombie, to then finish almost in normal citizen could explain the why 5 of the 7 girls have the memories of their life of before

Dec 4, 2018 7:19 PM
Afloo said:
I like this Theory.

Do you mind if I use this as Inspiration for a Youtube Vid?

sure man, do post the link here once you upload the video :D

Dec 4, 2018 7:20 PM
NanaPirro said:
I have a little theory on why sakura lost his memory (I do not know if this theory has already been mentioned somewhere on the internet):
she regained consciousness without having been the days before a zombie without consience like the other 6 girls
a slow evolution through the status of death, to that of zombie, to then finish almost in normal citizen could explain the why 5 of the 7 girls have the memories of their life of before

hmm... so what does that imply about tae-chan?

Dec 6, 2018 6:48 AM
My theory is very weird and it was also based on the OP of zombieland where Sakura is found in a bathtub:

Yamada tae is the real sakura and the current sakura is yamada tae.

yamada tae was a legit zombie with a human intelligence brain, and during a zombie acopalyse, she killed sakura in a bathtub and disguised herself as sakura.
she was the only zombie remaining intact as this "zombie acopalyse" was controlled (which at the same time covers up lily's and Ai's death plot hole owing that sakura died before them)
So under this sakura persona, she ended up liking idols and saw Ai's performance and got killed by truck kun.

Sakura is now a legit zombie and since she cant speak, she became yamada tae.

Kotaro could potentially saw the incident without saving Sakura. So out of guilt, he revives the both of them and the other 5 girls, hoping that their personalities, music talents and his "Fatherly" love for the 2 sakuras allows them to complete sakura's wish of being idols.

Dec 6, 2018 7:21 AM

Hackazinga said:
I don't know if this has been discussed already, my apologies if it has.

Do not read this post if you are spoiler sensitive; this is just a theory, but if it does turn out to be true, don't blame me I didn't warn you

Remember how when Koutarou was listing all the zombies, he gave their backstories and how LEGENDARY they were in their past life? Now we know from the short insight into Sakura's life that she wasn't an idol or anything of the sort.

Now recall how she got a Deja Vu when Junko got hit by Koutarou ramming his van into her.

My theory: this isn't some saga revitalization. This is Koutarou's attempt at making up for Sakura's life that he accidentally took. He killed Sakura. He felt terrible about it, learnt all about her, somehow learnt necromancy or whatever, and is now trying to make her enjoy life as a zombie fulfilling her dream to be an idol, as a part of the best idol group of saga.

Plus, someone pointed it out on Reddit, that Sakura did not die from the truck but rather her dream to be an idol got shattered due to her face getting damaged from the truck, thus leading to her suicide as all the zombies have marks and bandages to show how they all died.

Dec 14, 2018 8:03 PM

I think it's more likely that he killed all of them in order to make the ultimate idol group.

Or not. An idol group is such a specific and niche goal that maybe he did read Sakura's letter of application and felt like the need to fabricate a group for her in order to make up for it.

Maybe he didn't kill her but is some sort of God who fell in love with her and felt crushed by her death so he revived her. That would also explain him being able to bring back the dead.

What if he's actually prepping a zombie army and uses the group to test their resiliance and distract the masses!?

Who knows, this show is bizarre :P
Modified by Darvallas, Dec 14, 2018 8:15 PM

Even if you kill me, even if you kill anyone, even if you reset science… There’s always an idiot who will try anything, and the shiny monkeys will inevitably create a technological civilization.

Dec 14, 2018 8:21 PM

Mohammadalmannai said:

Plus, someone pointed it out on Reddit, that Sakura did not die from the truck but rather her dream to be an idol got shattered due to her face getting damaged from the truck, thus leading to her suicide as all the zombies have marks and bandages to show how they all died.

If that's true I'm willing to bet the bathtub in the op is where she actually died. She suicided electrocuting herself.

Even if you kill me, even if you kill anyone, even if you reset science… There’s always an idiot who will try anything, and the shiny monkeys will inevitably create a technological civilization.

Dec 15, 2018 12:40 AM

All interesting theories but... How he can be killed a woman from the XIX century? Btw we'll have just see what happens next...

Dec 15, 2018 1:01 AM
Mateo3112 said:

Maybe he didn't kill her but is some sort of God who fell in love with her and felt crushed by her death so he revived her. That would also explain him being able to bring back the dead.
:P

Well about that, why would he not simply save her back then? Why not use them God like powers to swerve away truck-kun from smashing into her... Or even distract her for a minute while truck kun passes by?

Dec 15, 2018 1:04 AM
Mohammadalmannai said:

This one is pretty interesting, would also explain how koutarou went on to learn about make-up and stuff... It would give a very valid reason for him having these eccentricities and still appearing rational when he doesn't need to shout like a madman... He started off for Sakura and continued to make all these girl's dreams come true by delving into things he doesn't look related to at all (idols, make up and so on)

Dec 15, 2018 7:32 AM

Hackazinga said:
Mateo3112 said:

:P

Well about that, why would he not simply save her back then? Why not use them God like powers to swerve away truck-kun from smashing into her... Or even distract her for a minute while truck kun passes by?

Maybe his powers have a limit, or he really didn't see it coming. Like in Yu yu Hakusho xD

Dec 16, 2018 8:20 PM
uchimaki131 said:
My theory is very weird and it was also based on the OP of zombieland where Sakura is found in a bathtub:

Yamada tae is the real sakura and the current sakura is yamada tae.

yamada tae was a legit zombie with a human intelligence brain, and during a zombie acopalyse, she killed sakura in a bathtub and disguised herself as sakura.
she was the only zombie remaining intact as this "zombie acopalyse" was controlled (which at the same time covers up lily's and Ai's death plot hole owing that sakura died before them)
So under this sakura persona, she ended up liking idols and saw Ai's performance and got killed by truck kun.

Sakura is now a legit zombie and since she cant speak, she became yamada tae.

Kotaro could potentially saw the incident without saving Sakura. So out of guilt, he revives the both of them and the other 5 girls, hoping that their personalities, music talents and his "Fatherly" love for the 2 sakuras allows them to complete sakura's wish of being idols.

can anyone stop truck-kun? he's on a rampage!