Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 24, 2018 10:13 AM

Jun 2012
And Volume 10 is done. On to 11!
Nov 24, 2018 10:24 AM
Mar 2018
So booooring and ofc all these nobles are the embodiment of evil. Need more cliches.
Nov 24, 2018 10:26 AM

Mar 2017
Now that's the Kirito I've been waiting to see lol.

So now Kirito and Eugeo are Elite Discple as fifth and sixth seat.
Finally this show is starting to look interesting to me.
Nov 24, 2018 10:26 AM

Oct 2016
Is it fun discussing every episode of any anime with other people? Just wondering because I find it boring haha

text text text text text text text text text
Nov 24, 2018 10:29 AM

Apr 2018
The second ep is still the best ep
Nov 24, 2018 10:36 AM

Apr 2014
This episode was pretty simple. The animation and art looked phenomenal. When it comes to imagination etc. I feel like something involved it seems off. Was Kirito able to block and a strike because he used his willpower and remembering this friends? This might've been explained I am pretty sure, but maybe I did not pay too much attention. Aside from that Leina was pretty good, and somehow was able to overcome her doubts and defeat Uolo or Volo. The nobleman after what they did was disgusting. They are going to be thrown away eventually they were never meant to be liked anyway from the moment we saw them at the beginning.
Nov 24, 2018 10:41 AM

Jun 2017
Exellent episode. The transformation of Kirito's sword was great to look at. I thought they skipped Liena's background when I saw last episode but they included it in this episode.
Nov 24, 2018 10:42 AM

Dec 2014
Liena looked so much similar to asuna...so maybe it was just me..hmm well I guess I am still concerned whether the kirito ni the game is the actual kirito or the copy like everyone else in the world
Nov 24, 2018 10:43 AM

Jun 2017
tsubasalover said:
@Windman You're mistaken. I like watching the show. Which part made you think I don't? I'm just trying to understand the anime without reading the light novel (and add little comment regarding to certain parts if possible).

I think that they meant the person that commented after you and mistakenly quoted you instead.
Nov 24, 2018 10:44 AM

Jun 2017
ibraheem234 said:
Liena looked so much similar to asuna...so maybe it was just me..hmm well I guess I am still concerned whether the kirito ni the game is the actual kirito or the copy like everyone else in the world

It is real kirito.
Nov 24, 2018 10:48 AM

Sep 2015
Ookami-des said:
The most impressive thing in this season is that people really like it.

Like it's one of the most generic knights stories, but somehow it's good if it's SAO. I guess that's what people like about this show, but damn it's boring.

It could be worse, it could be a generic comment of MAL, oh wait.
Nov 24, 2018 11:07 AM

Oct 2017
The fight was painful to watch. SAO always insists on making sword fights look like a contest of strength rather than skill, with the budget it has I wish the fights could take more inspiration from real sword disciplines.
Nov 24, 2018 11:11 AM

Jun 2014
Kirito managed a draw against the first seat, and Liena defeated him. Good job for her. It was also interesting to see how Kirito was able to recreate his flowers after those noble jackasses destroyed them.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 24, 2018 11:21 AM

Dec 2014
Windman said:
Lelouch0202 said:
Great episode again.

The duel between Kirito and the First seat was super cool to watch.
I love how they're always playing Swordland during the major fights, it always gets me so hyped. Such a great soundtrack.

Damn, it was actually really sad to see Kirito cry over the flowers. Those two pompous seniors needed a good kicking. I'm assuming the person who helped Kirito is that girl we got a glimpse of in one of the earlier episodes.

Liena-senpai's tears on seeing the flowers. <3

So Kirito and Eugeo are the 5th and 6th seat now? Nice, I wonder how long this academy stuff is gonna continue though. They've gotta get that plan to save Alice going soon after all.

To any of the LN readers, is Alicization over in the LN or is it still underway?

Alicization ended some time ago in the LN. The 1st novel of the next arc is to be published on December i think. Also the mysterious voice is not a character that has been shown nor introduced yet.

Good to know, thanks.
Nov 24, 2018 11:23 AM

Jul 2015
OK episode, I guess...

Good parts: High quality animation. Some good interactions between the characters.

Worst parts: I'm not really a fan of getting power by one's own will and not by experience and training. It is implied that it has something happening in school, like training, but the story barely told anthing about school experience. It was a big fast forward like nothing really happened.

Nov 24, 2018 11:32 AM
Jul 2012
AdrianRubinsky said:
OK episode, I guess...

Good parts: High quality animation. Some good interactions between the characters.

Worst parts: I'm not really a fan of getting power by one's own will and not by experience and training. It is implied that it has something happening in school, like training, but the story barely told anthing about school experience. It was a big fast forward like nothing really happened.

I mean they did tell you about 1.5 years of time skip last episode and obviously some more months at the end of this episode...
Its not like powering up after 1 year of training with a certain goal in mind is an ass pull or anything. Also Kirito has the upper hand since he already has practical experience in his memories and also recognizes commonly used sword patterns from his immense gameplay time.
Nov 24, 2018 11:33 AM
Mar 2017
Uolo and Kirito face a duel with all their power.
The duel was cool, Uolo is a monster of pure brute strength, but in the end Kirito's skill and imagination gave him the advantage, although it's a shame they stopped the fight, but even so Kirito had the first cut, which gave him the victory (i don´t care they declared it a tie)
Liena is a wonderful woman, Kirito is very fortunate to have been trained by her, in addition she relies fully on the skills of her apprentice.
I felt so bad when the noble idiots destroyed the flowers that Kirito took care with so such a hard effort and when i listen to what those flowers meant for him was so sad.
Kirito is helped by an unknown female voice, this person tells him that his imagination will allow him to perform the sacred art he needs, the scene where the flowers revive is very beautiful, the others flowers gave part of their lives to save their companions.
The fight of Liena against Uolo was great, it was very well animated and Liena proved to be an excellent Swordwoman, defeating Uolo. I liked the part where Kirito gives the flowers to Liena, she looked very feminine.
Kirito and Eugeo advance on their way to being swordmans and now they have valets, Tiese is under the supervision of Eugeo and Ronie under the supervision of Kirito.
Raios and Humbert are pure crap, I look forward to the moment they do a stupid thing that makes Kirito punish them, they deserve a good beating.
Nov 24, 2018 11:53 AM
Oct 2018
Really liked the episode! Pretty faithful adaptation imo, good decision to include Liena's talk about Uolo's style after the duel, I had thought they were going to leave it out completely. Would've liked to have gotten Azurika's mention of the sword's memory but oh well.

Onto Alicization Turning!
Nov 24, 2018 12:48 PM

Feb 2018

Who knows then knows.
Nov 24, 2018 12:48 PM

Jan 2017
"It's aallll in your imaginaaation!"
This idea cracks me up.
The irony of it is too much since they're in a virtual world where nothing is real... it really gives in the notions of fluctlights being translated souls and what they perceive as real is a version of their virtual reality (This probably doesn't make sense).

God dammit kirito, why couldn't ya win... Volo is petty and kirito should have two seasons worth of "imagination" in him going against Colo. If it's mentality that influences the outcome then Aincrad should've been worth something gong into his attack. But apparently the tree holds more value. Oh well!
I guess he wasn't that mentally strong though since he said he felt as though he'd have been slashed by Volo's blade.
For such a cliffhanger, the fight had sure ended fast.

Liena senpai though, she gon' have her harem initiation. Woohoo kirito. (If other was only the case 😅😅)
Nov 24, 2018 12:57 PM
Sep 2011
alphazero4um said:
This episode was pretty simple. The animation and art looked phenomenal. When it comes to imagination etc. I feel like something involved it seems off. Was Kirito able to block and a strike because he used his willpower and remembering this friends? This might've been explained I am pretty sure, but maybe I did not pay too much attention. Aside from that Leina was pretty good, and somehow was able to overcome her doubts and defeat Uolo or Volo. The nobleman after what they did was disgusting. They are going to be thrown away eventually they were never meant to be liked anyway from the moment we saw them at the beginning.

I was also thinking about that. Although the explanation is that greater strength comes from imagination, it feels like it's also implied that a big part of it comes from the will of your heart.
Nov 24, 2018 1:04 PM

Apr 2015
That battle with the first seat was quite nice, he's one powerful opponent. That pressure that came from the dude was insane.

The scene with the flowers was quite emotional, we all know that Kirito is quite the crybaby, but the reason for growing them was quite something. Good to see them back in good condition and in the hands of Liena now.
Nov 24, 2018 1:23 PM

Mar 2016
Now that’s the Liena i wanted to see.
So glad they didn’t skip over her characterization in relation to the Serlut-style of swordsmanships, and it makes sense to include after kirito’s duel.
It was a good episode.
I loved kirito’s monologue. The garden scene was phenomenal. It speaks volumes for his character and his inner conflicts.
Nov 24, 2018 1:38 PM
Nov 2017
Kirito is overpowered even as a gardener xD
Nov 24, 2018 1:53 PM
Oct 2018
The particle effects this episode were freaking beautiful though
Nov 24, 2018 2:29 PM
Dec 2016
shokugeki no kirito nice
Nov 24, 2018 2:36 PM
Jan 2018
When Kirito cries more from the death of the flowers than from the death of that girl from Season 1 you know they did something wrong back then.
Nov 24, 2018 2:51 PM

Jan 2017
I wonder if Kirito will ever use dual wield and bring out two swords
Nov 24, 2018 2:54 PM

Apr 2014
An emotional flashback scene and tears for dead flowers? Oh okay, sure, whatever.

Nov 24, 2018 2:55 PM

Oct 2011
Based on the pacing my guess is that the season will end at the point where

Nov 24, 2018 3:10 PM

Jul 2017
Fight visually looked great but substance wise, it was pretty rough. This was a better looking piece of shit that original 2 SAO season were so that is worrying.

The imagination shit feels too farfetched and convenient for me. Plus Kirito was as generic as he was before. Atleast the animation looked outstanding.
Nov 24, 2018 3:17 PM
Mar 2017
This imagine power really reminds me of accel world
Nov 24, 2018 3:23 PM
Nov 2016
Dumb Fighting styles, and ofc... Kiroto wins/draws.

Kirito's flowers get's PWNED and animators use that as an excuse to show off. (They sure like to measure there dicks, don't they...)

A wild moe girl appears...

that's all folks.
Nov 24, 2018 4:21 PM
Nov 2015
This episode was pretty good, the fight scene was clsssic Kirito showing what he immediately (yes, this is shade) learned when he was top dog in SAO. I want to know what kind of budget they have for this anime, the art is outstanding!

I’m not 100% happy with some of the character design changes, but I haven’t been this hyped about an SAO epsilde since the first half of season one.

Anyways, can’t wait for next week.
Nov 24, 2018 4:27 PM

Aug 2013
And with that, our boys have Padawans now. Great...that means we're almost getting to THAT point in content....
Don't believe the hype.
Nov 24, 2018 4:54 PM
Oct 2018
WordIsBond said:
Kirito crying over some flowers is possibly the gayest thing I've witnessed all year. How is this show rated over an 8?

-
i guess you did not pay atention then of the reasons he cried?
also, why the remark about the "being gay"? are you homophobic?
"I know anything goes here...
but this...
this is clearly not fucking okay...!"
-Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu
Nov 24, 2018 4:55 PM
Oct 2018
Splizzex said:
When Kirito cries more from the death of the flowers than from the death of that girl from Season 1 you know they did something wrong back then.

-
in reality, in season 1 we just see a little of kirito crying we don't know if he cried all night.
"I know anything goes here...
but this...
this is clearly not fucking okay...!"
-Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu
Nov 24, 2018 5:26 PM

Jun 2014
The fact that they actually had the flower scene made me a lot more hopeful for this SAO season. The first two SAO were really a mixed bag, beginning of alicization and part of mother rosario were good but the rest were shit especially because of kirito but this scene with the flower and not making kirito win(well lets say he did not win) against the first seat is making me hopeful, kirito might not be Jesus this season and he might even get character development. Also the fact that no harem in sight yet makes it even better.

I'm pretty excited to see if the quality of alicization will keep going or they'll go back to the classic SAO shitfest. Looking forward to it!
Nov 24, 2018 5:46 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
pretty ok ep.

I guess this one really emphasized how important of a role imagination plays in Underworld.
Nov 24, 2018 5:55 PM

Sep 2010
Nayout said:

Generic complain on generic comment to generic show

Nov 24, 2018 5:57 PM

Feb 2017
Ookami-des said:

Like it's one of the most generic knights stories, but somehow it's good if it's SAO. I guess that's what people like about this show, but damn it's boring.

Then... why are you here if it is soo boring? xD
I mean yes, even i f for you is boring you can watch it but if you are here just to complain then..
there are other animes to watch/things to do in life...
Nov 24, 2018 5:59 PM
Aug 2018
tottobennington said:
Ookami-des said:

I mean yes, even i f for you is boring you can watch it but if you are here just to complain then..

Well Talk about having no life, watching some just so that they can Hate on it.
Some westerners are really lifeless.
immortaluchihaNov 24, 2018 6:34 PM
Nov 24, 2018 6:01 PM

Jul 2017
Have to say didn't really like how this LN was adapted. The first one had good pacing and really set up the atmosphere, but this one felt quite rushed in classic A1-Pictures fashion, especially over how they skipped pretty much the entire part of the Zakkaria tournament thing and the importance of the flowers in identifying the bounds of the Taboo Index and stuff

uzee said:
Based on the pacing my guess is that the season will end at the point where

This season is confirmed to adapt the entirety of Alicization
Nov 24, 2018 6:12 PM
Jan 2018
boooooooaaaaaaaaa Kirito empatou com o Uolo daquele jeito supremo. Sortiliena ainda venceu o cara nas finais e vai representar o Império do Norte no Grande Torneio dos Quatro Impérios

Tiese SUA LINDA! CASA COMIGO!! EU TE AMO< SEJA MINHA WAIFU!
Nov 24, 2018 6:23 PM
Feb 2017
Well the battle is just not enough
Nov 24, 2018 6:35 PM

Sep 2010
tottobennington said:

For the same reason as everyone - to discuss it, and it's not complain, it's observation. As to other stuff to watch - offline part of the story is slightly interesting so I want to see how it will be helded.
Nov 24, 2018 6:45 PM
Sep 2018
Ookami-des said:
tottobennington said:

For the same reason as everyone - to discuss it, and it's not complain, it's observation. As to other stuff to watch - offline part of the story is slightly interesting so I want to see how it will be helded.

i bet there are other good shows you can be watching in this season, instead of this shit.
will both save your time and energy and brain cells.
Nov 24, 2018 6:56 PM

Sep 2010
sunnykappa said:

i bet there are other good shows you can be watching in this season, instead of this shit.
will both save your time and energy and brain cells.

Sadly that's not true - one of the worst seasons last years, barely watch 5, none of them noticeably interesting
Nov 24, 2018 7:34 PM

Jan 2016
An okay episode.

Katsu-kun said:
An emotional flashback scene and tears for dead flowers? Oh okay, sure, whatever.

Best replies so far.
Nov 24, 2018 8:09 PM
Jan 2018
Nayout said:
Ookami-des said:
The most impressive thing in this season is that people really like it.

That's the worst comeback comment I've ever seen.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» My enjoyment of Alice is kinda ruined because of Darkness from Konosuba

BigBoyAdvance - Mar 24

11 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 24, 10:33 PM

» Anyone else lowkey prefer Alice to Asuna?

Marinate1016 - Jun 25, 2019

47 by Marinate1016 »»
Mar 24, 11:38 AM

» Kirito needs medical help cause this man’s been through it all

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 11

32 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 14, 9:57 AM

» I just finished this and ""O MY GOD ""

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Mar 2

43 by Fenyy »»
Mar 5, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

190 by fssf1606 »»
Feb 12, 2:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.