Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 23, 2018 5:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol Acqua made those machines look like jokes. He just casually talks on the phone while missiles were flying across him. I actually find that kinda amusing.

Itsuwa's fight against Acqua didn't exactly go in her way but at least she tried I guess. That's the magic side of Academy City for ya. About time Kaori returned to this season though. Seriously, it's been awhile.
Nov 23, 2018 6:06 AM
Jan 2017
wow great episode . finally kanzaki returns yeahhh
Nov 23, 2018 6:18 AM

Jul 2012
That was also pretty good, the atmosphere and the fight were pretty decent, i think the explanations were good (from what i did understand with my poor knowledge =/). Liked the comedy, Itsuwa's aura and how brutal her speech changed ... Just makes me sad, what happened past 6 episodes ...
Finally Kanzaki returns, well and some glimpses what happened next episode. First time seeing Fiamma.
Nov 23, 2018 6:41 AM
Nov 2018
That was an amazing episode. The pacing was also good and the animation was consistently decent. I'm bit worried that we still didn't get any Sakuga until now.
Hoping for one next episode. 10 out of 10 for me, can't wait for the next one.
Nov 23, 2018 8:05 AM
Nov 2018
Where can i watch episode 8 because my usual website dont release yet
Nov 23, 2018 9:44 AM
Jun 2015
Anyone know where I can watch it. Crunchyroll has to fix their shit, but it might be a while. Can someone send me a link for the raws? I miss my Index
Nov 23, 2018 9:45 AM

Jul 2013
This arc has been so good so far. I hope they don't screw the pacing next episode.
Acqua is such a badass, I'm glad he hasn't disappointed my expectations, since I been waiting to see him in action since 2013. And to make things better, best girl Kanzaki appears to fight him. Loving this.

Poor Amakusa church members, they fought bravely, but got owned at the end. At least angry Itsuwa was great.
Touma is going straight to the battlefield, I hope he ends doing something awesome.
Nov 23, 2018 10:48 AM

Apr 2010
It's still rushed but at least it makes sense now i still have no clue what went on in the previous arc but this is better.
And Kanzaki finally made her appearance again, i was waiting for her.
Nov 23, 2018 1:40 PM
Oct 2018
Aversa said:
It's still rushed but at least it makes sense now i still have no clue what went on in the previous arc but this is better.
And Kanzaki finally made her appearance again, i was waiting for her.

It's been 1 chapter per episode so far, so actually not really all that rushed at all. Index season 1 first arc level pacing.
Nov 23, 2018 2:53 PM

Apr 2013
Kanzaki doesn't waste much time showing off her awesome sword skills, looking forward to the next episode
Lol dark Itsuwa was great
just because I’ve gotten weaker, doesn’t mean that you got stronger, does it?
Nov 23, 2018 3:13 PM

Nov 2016
Damn Kanzakis hot af
Nov 23, 2018 5:07 PM

Jun 2012
At least this time they bothered drawing Acqua disappearing... still it was only decent animation when Kanzaki appeared. Next ep let's see if they will surprise us.
Nov 23, 2018 8:22 PM

Nov 2017
- ah.... we need to wait till next to see acqua vs kaori full battle
Now Loading.....
Nov 23, 2018 9:53 PM
Jan 2016
Really good episode for me! Nice pacing!

Itsuwa's dark aura wa amazing, she and amakusa's members fought bravely, they really did their best, the attack from Itsuwa "Seijin Kuzushi" looked awesome, but Acqua is to powerfull for them!

And yeah Kanzaki finally has returned, her fight with Acqua was a nice animation, in my opinion, so the real fight begins!

And yeah, Touma is going to battlefield again!

Curious to see more!
Nov 24, 2018 1:23 AM

Aug 2013
The fight with Amakusa is total crap. Acqua's mace is look like an oversized toothpick with the lack of meaningful impact sound and intense motion.

*sigh
Nov 24, 2018 3:44 AM

Jul 2016
I has been wondering about this since EP3 but why is the power suits was made in CGI? Was J.C Staff too lazy to draw them or they make it to save some budgets for later arcs?

If only the first 6 episodes pacing was as good as this, I wouldn't gonna hate or complaint about this anime so much. Although I still won't forgive how they butchered Battle Royale arc in previous episodes just because this arc being handled well.

loli_a_ravioli said:
Acqua's mace is look like an oversized toothpick with the lack of meaningful impact sound and intense motion.

The moment when the video games design look way better than the anime lol. Though I think the mace look a bit better than Accelerator's "tornado" wings in EP6. I hope they don't screw up Acqua's giant sword in the later arcs.
Nov 24, 2018 6:22 AM

Apr 2014
Some terrible news, the production is still horrendously rushed, the Kanzaki vs Acqua scene's basic line drawing wasn't even complete when they were broadcasting Ep 7.

Some of the outsourced Chinese animators were complaining on Weibo on how horrendously the production committee were rushing them (like requiring them draw the entire scenes of LO with everyone moving constantly, days before broadcast on B4 paper).

Its not like the animators haven't done their best, but they just don't have the time to animate.

So expect worse production value down the line, the time is getting more and more restricted.

It speaks volumes of how good the animators are, that the off model looks aren't that common, they could really make good action scenes, IF they were give a MONTH to work on it instead of DAYS.
ap1001Nov 24, 2018 6:37 AM
"You had no free will, you chased your vices along the same path as all of the others." - Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Diamond in the rough
Nov 24, 2018 7:34 AM
Oct 2018
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
I has been wondering about this since EP3 but why is the power suits was made in CGI? Was J.C Staff too lazy to draw them or they make it to save some budgets for later arcs?

If only the first 6 episodes pacing was as good as this, I wouldn't gonna hate or complaint about this anime so much. Although I still won't forgive how they butchered Battle Royale arc in previous episodes just because this arc being handled well.

loli_a_ravioli said:
Acqua's mace is look like an oversized toothpick with the lack of meaningful impact sound and intense motion.

The moment when the video games design look way better than the anime lol. Though I think the mace look a bit better than Accelerator's "tornado" wings in EP6. I hope they don't screw up Acqua's giant sword in the later arcs.

Powered Suits have always been cgi, that’s just them being consistent.
Tbh I kinda like this mace more so I hope the game changes to accommodate that.
Nov 24, 2018 7:50 AM

Jul 2016
Tiau said:
MahiaErebeaNegi said:

Although I like the game version better, the mace in the anime wasn't that bad and it's actually tolerable so I will just forgive the design issue.

I doubt the Chinese will gonna changes Acqua's mace design, since they didn't even change Terra's overall design and Kakine's wings to be closer with the anime one even after the latest patch of MMO game. Not to mention Accelerator's black wings still look same as Index II one instead of the "tornado" wings from Index III.

ap1001 said:
Some terrible news, the production is still horrendously rushed, the Kanzaki vs Acqua scene's basic line drawing wasn't even complete when they were broadcasting Ep 7.

Some of the outsourced Chinese animators were complaining on Weibo on how horrendously the production committee were rushing them (like requiring them draw the entire scenes of LO with everyone moving constantly, days before broadcast on B4 paper).

Its not like the animators haven't done their best, but they just don't have the time to animate.

So expect worse production value down the line, the time is getting more and more restricted.

It speaks volumes of how good the animators are, that the off model looks aren't that common, they could really make good action scenes, IF they were give a MONTH to work on it instead of DAYS.

This is what happened when a studio trying to made the anime in rushed with seemly low-budgets and being working on more than 10 anime series lol.

At least it still look better than Terra fight and 80% of the Battle Royale arc in this anime lol.
MahiaErebeaNegiNov 24, 2018 8:03 AM
Nov 24, 2018 8:07 AM
Oct 2018
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
Tiau said:

Although I like the game version better, the mace in the anime wasn't that bad and it's actually tolerable so I will just forgive the design issue.

I doubt the Chinese will gonna changes Acqua's mace design, since they didn't even change Terra's overall design and Kakine's wings to be closer with the anime one even after the latest patch of MMO game. Not to mention Accelerator's black wings still look same as Index II one instead of the "tornado" wings from Index III.

Actually, on the contrary the reason why Terra and Kakine aren’t changed yet is because they got completed long before the anime, though Terra doesn’t really need to be changed much but Kakine did take inspiration/last minute changes for the anime PV.
Accelerator’s black wings actually used to look like the ones in Index 3(likely because they knew that was the design choice all along) but people who didn’t know, or rather couldn’t complained throughout 2017-early 2018 so they gave him the Index 2 start of the wings but still kept the tornado wings for his level 3 super which I’m pretty sure is supposed to be based on the OT15 attack

While we’re also on that topic, looking back at Index 2 they turned into tornados too once they actually attacked Amata
Nov 24, 2018 8:23 AM
Oct 2018
Oh yeah, they did change Kuroko's winter outfit because of the anime, it has the white ribbons now
Nov 24, 2018 8:38 AM

Jul 2016
Tiau said:
Actually, on the contrary the reason why Terra and Kakine aren’t changed yet is because they got completed long before the anime, though Terra doesn’t really need to be changed much but Kakine did take inspiration/last minute changes for the anime PV.
Accelerator’s black wings actually used to look like the ones in Index 3(likely because they knew that was the design choice all along) but people who didn’t know, or rather couldn’t complained throughout 2017-early 2018 so they gave him the Index 2 start of the wings but still kept the tornado wings for his level 3 super which I’m pretty sure is supposed to be based on the OT15 attack

While we’re also on that topic, looking back at Index 2 they turned into tornados too once they actually attacked Amata

I'm aware that Terra and Kakine's models is finished long before the anime was air but I didn't know that Kakine's model was changed a little bit in the last minutes. (I though they just added Masaya's name on Kakine's CV instead of being "???")

I didn't know about Accelerator's wings changes before since I started play the game at early June since I'm not aware about this. Though I'm not surprise about the fans' complainant since they has been complaining about the game being greedy like 90% of China games did.

Talk about this, I just reminded that Accelerator's wings also look like tornado in the manga too (And it look far better than Index III lol).
Nov 24, 2018 8:52 AM
Oct 2018
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
Tiau said:

I'm aware that Terra and Kakine's models is finished long before the anime was air but I didn't know that Kakine's model was changed a little bit in the last minutes. (I though they just added Masaya's name on Kakine's CV instead of being "???")

I didn't know about Accelerator's wings changes before since I started play the game at early June since I'm not aware about this. Though I'm not surprise about the fans' complainant since they has been complaining about the game being greedy like 90% of China games did.

Talk about this, I just reminded that Accelerator's wings also look like tornado in the manga too (And it look far better than Index III lol).

Well, its more of a aesthetics complaint, people wanted things to look even more like the anime(even though the whole wings thing wasn't really wrong), that's why people like Kanzaki and soon Touma got visual overhauls for their moves, though for Touma he's actually more flashy in the new version of him with whole new combos and moves.

The game is in a weird state right now since it showers you in characters for 10 rolls usually, but if you're grinding for the Mikoto outfit from the boxes then you make 800 gekota each, so that's a good deal. They mostly complain that they made the game more balanced if anything wew as the game is even more skill based than it was before.
Nov 24, 2018 1:02 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Itsuwa?

more like

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Nov 24, 2018 2:07 PM

Jul 2015
EcchiGodMamsterP said:
Itsuwa?

more like

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Itsuwaifu

Ok, but seriously.

Where the hell are subs?

Nov 24, 2018 2:09 PM

Jan 2009
Piromysl said:

Where the hell are subs?

subs are out on nyaa but its not from CrunchyRoll though

EDIT:

just finish watching it damn this episode have some bad animation all through out lol
degNov 24, 2018 2:41 PM
Nov 24, 2018 3:07 PM

Jul 2017
Fine episode compared to a lot of the shit this season has been.
Nov 24, 2018 4:43 PM

Feb 2013
They tried everything but they couldn't defeat Acqua, the guy is too OP.
Nov 24, 2018 7:15 PM

Sep 2013
This Acqua guy reminds me of a child who doesn't like to lose when playing pretend.

"That was good, it would have beat me if not for yadayadayada."
Nov 24, 2018 7:20 PM

Feb 2010
Hey they are doing a solid job with this arc
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Nov 24, 2018 9:54 PM
Mar 2015
Saint v Saint Lets get ready to rumble
Nov 25, 2018 12:39 AM

Oct 2018
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
Same reason why mecha, cars, armors or anything remotely detailed is done in CG: there's are lack of mechanical animators in the industry. The additional linework would also mean you have to hire even more staff to correct drawings. It would just make the production even more of a mess. Though the general high use of CG and reliance on post processing (particle effects, filters) is more of a Nishikiori thing. It's a contiunation of what he was striving to do on the Index Movie.
ap1001 said:
Yeah, that the show doesn't look like ImoImo is mostly thanks to JC Staff's inhouse staff doing a lot of animation as well as animation direction work. For instance, Hiroshi Tomioka, their best animator, has been Chief Animation director for like 6 episodes while still doing Key Animation for 4 episodes. Even for a normal production schedule this would be crazy. Though that's another problem of the production. Relegating your best animators to correct poorly done animation or drawings, instead of letting them animate huge action scenes is not good management of your staff. I wouldn't mind it, if they sacrifice multiple episodes just so we can get a decent action scene every 5 episodes or so. Kinda what Railgun is doing so to speak. But eh, what can we do...
MaceChanNov 25, 2018 12:52 AM
Nov 25, 2018 4:13 AM

Aug 2018
not gonna lie
this arc has been understandable so far
compare to the previous arcs

i hope they can keep up the good pacing in the next episodes
things starting to get more interesting

Kanzaki ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Nov 25, 2018 5:42 AM
Oct 2018
Interesting to see saint vs saint in this arc its like lv5 vs lv5. But acqua of the back is too damn op, he's a saint and the right seat of the god at the same time he has fighting skill of the knight of england. Damn he's a badass
Nov 25, 2018 5:43 AM

Jul 2016
Better pacing compare to how previous BR arc was handled, I hope they keep this up.

Kanzaki is back.

Saint vs Saint, though Acqua got the upper hand since he is also a God's Right Seat.

Looking forward to how the fight will go.
Nov 25, 2018 7:12 AM
Jun 2015
Yay Samurai Womans back🤘🤘
Nov 25, 2018 2:01 PM

Feb 2014
The pacing of this arc has been an improvement over the last two. Hearing a lot of info dumping from the members of the Amakusa church and Acqua was easier to understand and digest.

As for the episode itself, I do feel for Itsuwa. She did get the slightly unnecessary harsh treatment when she was feeling down in the dumps, but it did make her go a bit crazy and berserk that literally scared all of her allies. She needs to do that more often! =P

But even then, she and the rest of her allies just couldn't do much to Acqua, whose constant factual boasting is starting to annoy me a little. Thankfully, Kanzaki has arrived and the battle between her and Acqua has only begun.

I think Acqua will have the upper hand in this fight, still, but I do hope that he'll finally taste defeat in the next episode.
Nov 25, 2018 2:40 PM

Feb 2015
This arc is much better than the last one. I still don't have a clue why people are fighting but it's entertaining at least.

Was hoping Index would join the fight but as usual she gets a cameo

Kanzaki is all kinds of hotness, wish she was the main female MC
Nov 25, 2018 3:40 PM
Oct 2018
Crashmatt said:
This arc is much better than the last one. I still don't have a clue why people are fighting but it's entertaining at least.

If you're unsure of the conflict between the churches then its probably for the best that you rewatch Index 2 at least, which formally introduces the GRS
Nov 25, 2018 5:58 PM

Feb 2010
Crashmatt said:

touma literally has sated multiple time he doesn't want to get Index involved in anything.

he basically wants her to enjoy a normal life that she never had.

also GRS want toumas hand to asend above god. they mentioned this right at the beginning. of season 3

theres also the fact that touma has gotten involved in the RCC mages business several times and has taken out several of there members. sure they were kind of assholes, but touma did basically fire the gun that started this conflict by attacking the equivalent to there special forces.

cronoSpirA said:
Better pacing compare to how previous BR arc was handled, I hope they keep this up.

Kanzaki is back.

Saint vs Saint, though Acqua got the upper hand since he is also a God's Right Seat.

Looking forward to how the fight will go.

he has the body of a saint the powers of an angel due to the god right seat powers.

and can use normal magic unlike the rest of GRS

Aqua is op please nerf.
GrimAtramentNov 25, 2018 6:02 PM
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Nov 25, 2018 11:30 PM

Nov 2013
hazarddex said:
Aqua is op please nerf.
He's a normal magician stfu.
Nov 25, 2018 11:55 PM

Jul 2016
Botato said:
hazarddex said:
Aqua is op please nerf.
He's a normal magician stfu.

Nope he's a descendant of Superman and Aquaman lol.
Nov 26, 2018 2:40 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
A great episode that did well in showing the power of Itsuwa and the members of the Amakusa church. The hospital scene did well in showing not just how powerful their opponent is this time around but also of how grim the situation is. Tatemiya's words grim as they were was also motivational. Itsuwa's aura as she polished her blade though was scary. Its nice to see Orsola again and also see her assist in gathering info on Acqua. Itsuwa's personality sure is different when she's angry. The amakusa churches ambush sure was interesting in how creative their tactics were. Itsuwa's combat skills sure were impressive being able to keep up with Acqua. Kanzaki's appearance was a nice surprise and her fight with Acqua was awesome. This arc sure is a step up from the previous one.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 26, 2018 3:56 AM

Sep 2011
EcchiGodMamsterP said:
Itsuwa?

more like

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Damn that's a good one.

Itsuwa best girl.

Nov 26, 2018 7:39 AM

May 2018
Kanzaki back! Finally. Judging from the preview,I hope we get to see Misaka in action in this Majutsu arc.
Nov 26, 2018 8:58 AM

Jan 2016
Good to see them doing justice (compared to the BR) to this arc, I nice to see this side of Itsuwa animated. Kanzaki is awesome! Next episode should be even better if they pace it nicely
Nov 26, 2018 10:13 AM

Dec 2014
So like things are intensifying... hmm the first episode had too much hmm
Nov 26, 2018 12:35 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Tennouji said:
EcchiGodMamsterP said:
Itsuwa?

more like

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Damn that's a good one.

Itsuwa best girl.

she was pretty much waifu at first sight lol
Nov 26, 2018 4:31 PM

Jun 2017
Finally we get to see Kanzaki again, felt like ages since her last appearance
Nov 27, 2018 2:00 AM

May 2012
Great episode. Best fight and best episode so far for index 3
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Can you imagine if the Final arc was a 3 part movie Adaptation like the Kizu movies?

BerriesSan - Mar 22

10 by Laplace_kun »»
Apr 13, 2:48 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2019

354 by bakakisima »»
Dec 11, 2023 7:07 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2019

117 by bakakisima »»
Dec 8, 2023 8:56 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2019

74 by bakakisima »»
Dec 8, 2023 6:46 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2019

82 by bakakisima »»
Dec 5, 2023 11:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.