Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »
 
Nov 26, 2018 9:05 PM

Online
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 382
Lily isn't a trap.

♛She's a trans queen♛
 
Nov 26, 2018 9:07 PM

Online
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 382
Jotakak said:
She's not a "trap". She's trans. Her name is Lily and her pronouns are she/her.


FINALLY, YES! THANK YOU.
 
Nov 27, 2018 12:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 1099
Wanna watch me make it snow?

*clears throat*

TRAP

 
Nov 27, 2018 1:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 726
The evidence Lily is a trap is:
-her name is Masao
-When she is growing up, she started growing some hair

Is that really enough evidence? I watched the whole episode and it never in crossed in my mind that Lily is a boy.

some girls do grow hair. There are girls that are more hairy arms or legs than most boys. There are also boys which has no hairs on their legs or underarms.

The name Masao. I don't know, maybe his father named her that because he is manly? I mean, here in our country, the name Sam is for boys but I know some girls who shares the same name. Sam, Alex, Ariel, etc.

And bout the honorifics of -kun, according to google:
In business settings, young female employees are addressed as -kun by older males of senior status. It can be used by male teachers addressing their female students. Kun can mean different things depending on the gender. Kun for females is a more respectful honorific than -chan, which implies childlike cuteness.

You guys are just overacting. For me, Lily is a girl. Unless the author or the future episodes reveals that he is a boy.
 
Nov 27, 2018 2:13 AM
Lala Deviluke❤️

Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 4207
@Gazz

That's what I thought too at first. But then, when I re-watched the episode it was clear that Lily's a trap.


The last image explains it all.

Here are the next two scenes, if you still don't think so.



But people who are saying she/he is a trans, they're completely wrong (have already mentioned this earlier in my posts not gonna repeat it again).
Modified by KatsutoSaki, Nov 27, 2018 2:18 AM
 
Nov 27, 2018 2:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 10156
Gazz said:
The evidence Lily is a trap is:
-her name is Masao
-When she is growing up, she started growing some hair

Is that really enough evidence? I watched the whole episode and it never in crossed in my mind that Lily is a boy.

some girls do grow hair. There are girls that are more hairy arms or legs than most boys. There are also boys which has no hairs on their legs or underarms.

The name Masao. I don't know, maybe his father named her that because he is manly? I mean, here in our country, the name Sam is for boys but I know some girls who shares the same name. Sam, Alex, Ariel, etc.

And bout the honorifics of -kun, according to google:
In business settings, young female employees are addressed as -kun by older males of senior status. It can be used by male teachers addressing their female students. Kun can mean different things depending on the gender. Kun for females is a more respectful honorific than -chan, which implies childlike cuteness.

You guys are just overacting. For me, Lily is a girl. Unless the author or the future episodes reveals that he is a boy.

I love how you can stretch any justification but then when Masao comes "well, maybe Takeo called her Masao because he's a manly man himself and well, I dunno". Do you understand that all of these elements, that one included, are perfectly explainable if Lily is a trans girl? In fact they are better explained. And no talk about the mention of genitalia, about Lily stating that she won't look like her father, about the fears of puberty and etc. And Sakura mentioning chan and then kun surely means that she wanted to not make a difference.

The thing at this point with these kinds of justifications is not whether Lily is a trans or not. It's whether people are so scared to assume that Lily can be trans to swallow a more incomplete and forced explanation instead.
Modified by jal90, Nov 27, 2018 2:23 AM
 
Nov 27, 2018 2:32 AM
Online
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 2542
Who cares if she's a trap or not she's dead and will stay like she has been since the start. Lily is just lily
 
Nov 27, 2018 4:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 833
KatsutoSaki said:
@Gazz

That's what I thought too at first. But then, when I re-watched the episode it was clear that Lily's a trap.


The last image explains it all.

Here are the next two scenes, if you still don't think so.



But people who are saying she/he is a trans, they're completely wrong (have already mentioned this earlier in my posts not gonna repeat it again).

Lily corrected him as shown in your screenshots. She says she is Lily, not her [deadname] anymore which infers she transitioned and her old identity is in the past and he apologizes and refers to her as "she".
 
Nov 27, 2018 4:42 AM
Lala Deviluke❤️

Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 4207
Jotakak said:
KatsutoSaki said:
@Gazz

That's what I thought too at first. But then, when I re-watched the episode it was clear that Lily's a trap.


The last image explains it all.

Here are the next two scenes, if you still don't think so.



But people who are saying she/he is a trans, they're completely wrong (have already mentioned this earlier in my posts not gonna repeat it again).

Lily corrected him as shown in your screenshots. She says she is Lily, not her [deadname] anymore which infers she transitioned and her old identity is in the past and he apologizes and refers to her as "she".

A good way of interpreting this to feel better. However, the truth remains unchanged, Lily is a trap.

Image 1: "Did he know?"
By that she meant does Koutarou know about Lily being a male i.e. a trap?

Image 2: "Hell yeah, I knew."
Koutarou saying he knows Lily is a male.

Image 3: "What?! Is Masao Go not allowed in your girly idol group anymore?!"
Clearly asking if Lily isn't allowed in their "girly" group because he's a boy. Clearly stating that Lily is a boy i.e. a trap.

Image 4: "I'm not Masao anymore! My name is Lily!"
Lily is saying not to refer to her previous name, since he won't grow up anymore. Meaning he won't go through puberty and resemble like his father since he's a zombie. Another clear hint why Lily's a trap. And no, Lily didn't correct Koutarou at all.

Do you want me to explain the next image too?

As I said before, you're free to interpret it as anything you want, to make yourselves feel good/better/happy. But no matter how many of you gather to say the same shit again and again, the truth will remain unchanged/unaffected,
 
Nov 27, 2018 4:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 726
KatsutoSaki said:
Jotakak said:

Lily corrected him as shown in your screenshots. She says she is Lily, not her [deadname] anymore which infers she transitioned and her old identity is in the past and he apologizes and refers to her as "she".

A good way of interpreting this to feel better. However, the truth remains unchanged, Lily is a trap.

Image 1: "Did he know?"
By that she meant does Koutarou know about Lily being a male i.e. a trap?

Image 2: "Hell yeah, I knew."
Koutarou saying he knows Lily is a male.

Image 3: "What?! Is Masao Go not allowed in your girly idol group anymore?!"
Clearly asking if Lily isn't allowed in their "girly" group because he's a boy. Clearly stating that Lily is a boy i.e. a trap.

Image 4: "I'm not Masao anymore! My name is Lily!"
Lily is saying not to refer to her previous name, since he won't grow up anymore. Meaning he won't go through puberty and resemble like his father since he's a zombie. Another clear hint why Lily's a trap. And no, Lily didn't correct Koutarou at all.

Do you want me to explain the next image too?

As I said before, you're free to interpret it as anything you want, to make yourselves feel good/better/happy. But no matter how many of you gather to say the same shit again and again, the truth will remain unchanged/unaffected,


whoah @KatsutoSaki, You convinced me with that explanation. Thank you.

I have no words.



My reaction
 
Nov 27, 2018 6:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 358
KatsutoSaki said:
Jotakak said:

Lily corrected him as shown in your screenshots. She says she is Lily, not her [deadname] anymore which infers she transitioned and her old identity is in the past and he apologizes and refers to her as "she".

A good way of interpreting this to feel better. However, the truth remains unchanged, Lily is a trap.

Image 1: "Did he know?"
By that she meant does Koutarou know about Lily being a male i.e. a trap?

Image 2: "Hell yeah, I knew."
Koutarou saying he knows Lily is a male.

Image 3: "What?! Is Masao Go not allowed in your girly idol group anymore?!"
Clearly asking if Lily isn't allowed in their "girly" group because he's a boy. Clearly stating that Lily is a boy i.e. a trap.

Image 4: "I'm not Masao anymore! My name is Lily!"
Lily is saying not to refer to her previous name, since he won't grow up anymore. Meaning he won't go through puberty and resemble like his father since he's a zombie. Another clear hint why Lily's a trap. And no, Lily didn't correct Koutarou at all.

Do you want me to explain the next image too?

As I said before, you're free to interpret it as anything you want, to make yourselves feel good/better/happy. But no matter how many of you gather to say the same shit again and again, the truth will remain unchanged/unaffected,


Every single time when i think i've heard/seen the dumbest shit that could be ever said/posted i stand corrected
Traps exist but it's pretty clear that Lilly is not supposed to be trap

SUPER CUTIE SUPER STAR
 
Nov 27, 2018 12:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 70
I wouldn't call Lily a trap. I would call Lily a "Betrayal".
"I -AM- ELECTRICITY." -Gunvolt
 
Nov 27, 2018 3:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 833
KatsutoSaki said:
Jotakak said:

Lily corrected him as shown in your screenshots. She says she is Lily, not her [deadname] anymore which infers she transitioned and her old identity is in the past and he apologizes and refers to her as "she".

A good way of interpreting this to feel better. However, the truth remains unchanged, Lily is a trap.

Image 1: "Did he know?"
By that she meant does Koutarou know about Lily being a male i.e. a trap?

Image 2: "Hell yeah, I knew."
Koutarou saying he knows Lily is a male.

Image 3: "What?! Is Masao Go not allowed in your girly idol group anymore?!"
Clearly asking if Lily isn't allowed in their "girly" group because he's a boy. Clearly stating that Lily is a boy i.e. a trap.

Image 4: "I'm not Masao anymore! My name is Lily!"
Lily is saying not to refer to her previous name, since he won't grow up anymore. Meaning he won't go through puberty and resemble like his father since he's a zombie. Another clear hint why Lily's a trap. And no, Lily didn't correct Koutarou at all.

Do you want me to explain the next image too?

As I said before, you're free to interpret it as anything you want, to make yourselves feel good/better/happy. But no matter how many of you gather to say the same shit again and again, the truth will remain unchanged/unaffected,

That is literally the most idiotic reasoning I have ever seen. If your logic made sense, they wouldn't refer to her with female pronouns because "traps" (which I prefer to call gender non-conforming characters since the term "trap" is transphobic whether the character is trans or not) still identify as male like Astolfo from Fate. She's obviously not one. Just because these cis characters don't know how to appropriately speak when it comes to trans people doesn't mean she's not trans. She said her name is Lily and stated her pronouns therefore there's no other evidence needed.
 
Nov 29, 2018 9:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 39
She looked like a girl
but then turned out to have a penis
you thought you were whacking off to a girl with a vagina but were actually whacking off to a girl with a penis.
Thus you were duped into doing something gay. Hence trap.

That's really it. That's why people use the word trap. Is it offensive? Maybe. Is it dumb? Of course. Sex obsessed? Where do you think we are? But that's ultimately the reasoning behind it and unless you can think up a new term that describes the above situation then people are gonna keep using the word trap
 
Nov 29, 2018 12:09 PM
BL connoisseur

Offline
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 1203


Look at all the personal insults flying around in this thread. Damn. Y'all gonna be reported for breaking forum rules.
 
Nov 29, 2018 12:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 2395
oof, it's one the most clear cut examples I've seen, but people are putting their "trap expert" hats on I guess lol. I guess it shouldn't be surprising when you're weeb af and fail to distinguish personal fantasy from reality.
 
Nov 29, 2018 12:49 PM
BL connoisseur

Offline
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 1203
Fushitsusha said:
1) she’s trans, not a “trap”, and if a trans character being portrayed in a positive fashion makes you so upset/weirded out there’s something wrong with you
2) she’s canonically 12 years old, so stop being hornballs over her being a “TRAP WAIFU” you fucking creeps


Wow. Someone's new to the forums.
 
Nov 29, 2018 4:06 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2018
Posts: 2
Lily is great, I love Lily.

But thank god he died before getting the opportunity to pass on whatever self-destructive genes made him unhappy with his own body. Would not wish that on my worst enemy (even if it didn't have the toxic subculture surrounding it).

Peace and love, everyone!
 
Nov 29, 2018 4:14 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 350
yall when it turned out she was a trap I was shook af
however I know everyone found her death funny,,, I did as well
but the more I thought about it I realise that she probably was so shocked of facial hair because of gender dysphoria.
she seems more like a trans girl than just a trap ;(
 
Nov 29, 2018 4:20 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 350
OzuHanoi said:
yeah btw tr*p is a transphobic term would you please mind not using it, thanks a lot


um,,, trap isnt transphobic sis
trap means crossdresser, it isnt an insult for trans people, its literally a word which means crossdresser
crossdressers are people who dress up as the opposite gender for fun, theyre not like drag queens tho because crossdressers focus more on being realistic than a entertainer.
you cannot be transphobic by calling a crossdresser a crossdresser
 
Nov 29, 2018 7:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 1091
Trans =/= trap

I honestly thought this reveal was really cool it didn’t and shouldn’t ruin the show for me, if I’m being honest it makes the character even more interesting.
 
Nov 29, 2018 7:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 87
shes transgender
moe moe ichijou seiya

 
Nov 29, 2018 9:27 PM
Trickster

Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 1521
Those who care about representation more than the show itself

Modified by Todd_, Nov 29, 2018 9:44 PM
 
Nov 30, 2018 12:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 5
Todd_ said:
Those who care about representation more than the show itself

how about... caring about both... and being happy about... both... people's feelings towards a show aren't that one-dimensional
 
Nov 30, 2018 12:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 5
Seijatachiiii said:
OzuHanoi said:
yeah btw tr*p is a transphobic term would you please mind not using it, thanks a lot


um,,, trap isnt transphobic sis
trap means crossdresser, it isnt an insult for trans people, its literally a word which means crossdresser
crossdressers are people who dress up as the opposite gender for fun, theyre not like drag queens tho because crossdressers focus more on being realistic than a entertainer.
you cannot be transphobic by calling a crossdresser a crossdresser


it is. why not use "crossdresser", or, idk, "drag queens", then, instead of using a term that explicitly qualify the action of crossdressing as something that manipulates cis, hetero men into thinking that they are in front of a cis girl? if you look a bit into it, crossdressers and trans folks alike strongly dislike the word "trap" and consider it a slur, actually.
 
Nov 30, 2018 2:03 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 327
oryouohagi said:
Oh my god, how did your opinion change of the show, after this big reveal?


it didn't, i still love the show and it's characters

also, she's trans, she refers to herself in female pronouns and identifies as a girl. traps still identifies themselves as boys
 
Nov 30, 2018 2:08 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 0
It didn't since i dropped the anime after 1st episode
 
Nov 30, 2018 4:01 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2018
Posts: 350
OzuHanoi said:
Seijatachiiii said:


um,,, trap isnt transphobic sis
trap means crossdresser, it isnt an insult for trans people, its literally a word which means crossdresser
crossdressers are people who dress up as the opposite gender for fun, theyre not like drag queens tho because crossdressers focus more on being realistic than a entertainer.
you cannot be transphobic by calling a crossdresser a crossdresser


it is. why not use "crossdresser", or, idk, "drag queens", then, instead of using a term that explicitly qualify the action of crossdressing as something that manipulates cis, hetero men into thinking that they are in front of a cis girl? if you look a bit into it, crossdressers and trans folks alike strongly dislike the word "trap" and consider it a slur, actually.



thank you for explaining what crossdressing means "the action of crossdressing as something that manipulates cis, hetero men into thinking that they are in front of a cis girl", remove the cis straight men bullshit and congrats, thats what a crossdresser is! someone who dresses as a another gender FOR FUN to try to see how well they can pass off to other people as another gender. the reason why they are called "traps" is because that's the trap, you think they are something when you theyre not, you are then attracted to a gender which you would normally not be. wow! there you go, a trap. also that why you wouldnt just refer to them as crossdressers or drag queens, because they arent draq queens and because the crossdresser has t r a p p e d you! you call a crossdresser a trap when they trap you! thats it, its not that hard to understand.

your other argument, that crossdressers and trans dudes think that its a slur and get triggered if someone says a naught word :(. first off, crossdressers have no right to call it a slur because they are apart of the lgbt group, crossdressers have no desire to change their gender, they just do it for fun. take it from someone who used to crossdress. trans people have no reason to call it a transphobic slur as it isnt a insult about transpeople but crossdressers. its like a black person being a offended by getting called a cracker. you aren't white so you have no reason to be upset.
 
Dec 1, 2018 6:42 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 1785
It baffles me how these SJWs keeps bringing gender identity and pronoun when a trap is still a trap regardless of those factors lol
 
Dec 1, 2018 3:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 128
Just going to skip over this shitstorm of a thread and inject my own hot take real quick...

Trap is never really used as a slur and it’s only offensive when people refer to trans characters or people as traps. If someone is legitimately hateful towards trans people they’ll use any other multitude of slurs like “tranny” to refer to them. By and large, the phrase “trap” is used to refer to crossdressers that pass as the sex they’re dressing as convincingly. Crossdressing and being trans are two entirely different things, and though the origins of the phrase aren’t exactly... good, almost nobody who uses the phrase today uses it in that context.

If you’re wondering why trans people don’t like being called traps, I’d say look less towards where the phrase originated and more to how actual traps are generally just low brow, poorly written characters meant for the audience to jack off to. Not exactly a type of character type given a lot of respect or treated seriously. Being degraded to that wouldn’t be pleasant. If you’re annoyed by people getting super excited over Lily existing, ask yourself how many times trans people have been represented in an anime or manga. Probably not a lot. Let them have this one victory.

tl;dr just read it you lazy bitch
Modified by zanahorowa, Dec 1, 2018 3:12 PM
 
Dec 2, 2018 6:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 468
A trap is a trap is a trap!

Can't we all just be a bit more happy that we got a cute new trap to enjoy?

Lily the Trap ftw! :)
 
Dec 2, 2018 7:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 174
Lairucrem said:
It baffles me how these SJWs keeps bringing gender identity and pronoun when a trap is still a trap regardless of those factors lol

Lmao, just say you're transphobic and go
Official signature of the people who are too lazy to make a signature.
 
Dec 3, 2018 3:38 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 1785
SilverMuse said:
Lairucrem said:
It baffles me how these SJWs keeps bringing gender identity and pronoun when a trap is still a trap regardless of those factors lol

Lmao, just say you're transphobic and go


Unfortunately I'm not, smfh typical SJWs with their petty assumption
 
Dec 3, 2018 10:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 174
Lairucrem said:

Unfortunately I'm not, smfh typical SJWs with their petty assumption

My apologies. It appears I confuse people who act exactly like transphobes with actual transphobes. How silly of me.

If having basic knowledge on the subject and empathy makes me a "petty SJW" in your eyes, I'm fine with that. But just a heads up: gender identity and pronoun usage are core to transgender identity. Thinking otherwise just shows how ignorant you are.
Official signature of the people who are too lazy to make a signature.
 
Dec 3, 2018 10:16 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 1785
SilverMuse said:
Lairucrem said:

Unfortunately I'm not, smfh typical SJWs with their petty assumption

My apologies. It appears I confuse people who act exactly like transphobes with actual transphobes. How silly of me.

If having basic knowledge on the subject and empathy makes me a "petty SJW" in your eyes, I'm fine with that. But just a heads up: gender identity and pronoun usage are core to transgender identity. Thinking otherwise just shows how ignorant you are.


From the POV of an SJW like you everyone acts a transphobe, thank you pointing out the obvious and proving me right about you SJWs yet again captain obvious, keep embarrassing yourself

Basic knowledge my ass, you don't even know the basic definition of trap hence you people bring up gender identity and gender pronoun and sexuality in the topic when a trap is still a trap regardless of those factors, so who's the ignorant one here? Yes it's you, you delusional kid
 
Dec 3, 2018 12:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 174
Lairucrem said:
SilverMuse said:

My apologies. It appears I confuse people who act exactly like transphobes with actual transphobes. How silly of me.

If having basic knowledge on the subject and empathy makes me a "petty SJW" in your eyes, I'm fine with that. But just a heads up: gender identity and pronoun usage are core to transgender identity. Thinking otherwise just shows how ignorant you are.


From the POV of an SJW like you everyone acts a transphobe, thank you pointing out the obvious and proving me right about you SJWs yet again captain obvious, keep embarrassing yourself

Basic knowledge my ass, you don't even know the basic definition of trap hence you people bring up gender identity and gender pronoun and sexuality in the topic when a trap is still a trap regardless of those factors, so who's the ignorant one here? Yes it's you, you delusional kid

??? Nah.

Lmao, where do I go to get my degree in traps? A trap is someone who was biologically born with male parts/dresses like a female/and identifies as and is male. A transgender person is someone who was biologically born with male parts/dresses like a female/and identifies as and is female (and vice versa). Lilly is the latter, and to address her as a "trap" is transphobic "kid".

I've got an idea. Please give me an example of a "trap" who both uses female pronouns and identifies as a female 100% of the time. I'll be waiting.
Official signature of the people who are too lazy to make a signature.
 
Dec 4, 2018 6:04 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 1785
SilverMuse said:
Lairucrem said:


From the POV of an SJW like you everyone acts a transphobe, thank you pointing out the obvious and proving me right about you SJWs yet again captain obvious, keep embarrassing yourself

Basic knowledge my ass, you don't even know the basic definition of trap hence you people bring up gender identity and gender pronoun and sexuality in the topic when a trap is still a trap regardless of those factors, so who's the ignorant one here? Yes it's you, you delusional kid

??? Nah.

Lmao, where do I go to get my degree in traps? A trap is someone who was biologically born with male parts/dresses like a female/and identifies as and is male. A transgender person is someone who was biologically born with male parts/dresses like a female/and identifies as and is female (and vice versa). Lilly is the latter, and to address her as a "trap" is transphobic "kid".

I've got an idea. Please give me an example of a "trap" who both uses female pronouns and identifies as a female 100% of the time. I'll be waiting.


Lmao see that's the problem of y'all SJWs you think a trap is automatically a trans girl nope, a trap is by definition simply a biological male character who's looks passes as a girl and gets mistaken for it, factors like gender identity isn't a factor coz by definition that trap doesn't make him/her less of a trap, Hideyoshi from Baka and Test, he's straight, his reactions when everyone just subconsciously treats him a girl shows he is straight, (inb4 oh but he crossdress so he gay) no, that's not enough argument, in fact there are people who has a hobby to crossdress in real life but remains straight. And Hideyoshi isn't the only trap that is straight, straight traps existence proves how ignorant you SJWs are,

Degree? Smfh You're a special kind of stupid

Also, gender pronoun is an even bigger non factor, if you're familiar with ambiguous, gender bends and genderless characters, you know how broken and shallow that argument is, heck even normal characters tends to interchange what they use, especially tomboys, and then there's sissy type of characters (not gay and not a trap) best example is that boy from Sunohara sou kanrinin, there are vast majority of characters who use gender pronouns regardless of its common use
 
Dec 4, 2018 8:18 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 15
Traps dont exist tho.
 
Dec 4, 2018 11:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 174
Lairucrem said:
SilverMuse said:

??? Nah.

Lmao, where do I go to get my degree in traps? A trap is someone who was biologically born with male parts/dresses like a female/and identifies as and is male. A transgender person is someone who was biologically born with male parts/dresses like a female/and identifies as and is female (and vice versa). Lilly is the latter, and to address her as a "trap" is transphobic "kid".

I've got an idea. Please give me an example of a "trap" who both uses female pronouns and identifies as a female 100% of the time. I'll be waiting.


Lmao see that's the problem of y'all SJWs you think a trap is automatically a trans girl nope, a trap is by definition simply a biological male character who's looks passes as a girl and gets mistaken for it, factors like gender identity isn't a factor coz by definition that trap doesn't make him/her less of a trap, Hideyoshi from Baka and Test, he's straight, his reactions when everyone just subconsciously treats him a girl shows he is straight, (inb4 oh but he crossdress so he gay) no, that's not enough argument, in fact there are people who has a hobby to crossdress in real life but remains straight. And Hideyoshi isn't the only trap that is straight, straight traps existence proves how ignorant you SJWs are,

Degree? Smfh You're a special kind of stupid

Also, gender pronoun is an even bigger non factor, if you're familiar with ambiguous, gender bends and genderless characters, you know how broken and shallow that argument is, heck even normal characters tends to interchange what they use, especially tomboys, and then there's sissy type of characters (not gay and not a trap) best example is that boy from Sunohara sou kanrinin, there are vast majority of characters who use gender pronouns regardless of its common use


I said give me an example of a trap who BOTH identifies as female and uses female pronouns 100% of the time. Not separate examples of each.

I think part of the problem is you don't understand what I'm meaning by "gender identity". If so, my apologies. Gender identity is how someone personally identifies, it has nothing to do with how someone looks or what gender others perceive someone to be. A male may look female but still identify as male and vice versa (such is the case with Hideyoshi who, yes, is considered a trap). Lilly, on the other hand, biologically has a male's body, looks female (with intent might I add), and identifies as FEMALE. This is the definition of a transgender person, not a trap.

Of course straight people can crossdress... I'm an SJW, don't you think that would be against my agenda to say they couldn't? What's that one gamer's name...Sneaky? But being straight/gay has nothing to do with being trans, so I'm just gonna skip over this.

I prefer to call genderless characters "non-binary" but whatever. The thing is...Lilly is neither ambigious nor genderles nor does she "interchange" gender pronouns. She clearly dresses and wants to be adressed as female. You said yourself that a trap is biologically male but gets mistaken for a girl. By your definition, Lilly should have been fine when the others called her a boy because that is her gender right? ...Except she wasn't. She explicitly told the others to refer to her as a girl, her supposed "mistaken" gender according to you.
Modified by TheBigBadBaka, Dec 4, 2018 4:49 PM
Official signature of the people who are too lazy to make a signature.
 
Dec 4, 2018 2:38 PM

Online
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 1206
I'm no SJW but I really admired what they did here I've never seen the topic of transgenderism handled so well by a show anime or not. They handled the subject matter in a very nuanced way without being super preachy like most American shows are yet without using the offensive stereotypes we see most anime typically use to portray those types of characters. It was also clever dropping the reveal in the second half in a way where it's like it doesn't change anything they're the same as any other member of the group still the same Lily as before and they coupled it with a surprisingly touching story I did not expect to see from this show. As per usual this show continues to really impress me; I can't believe I'm enjoying an idol anime (let alone this much).
 
Dec 5, 2018 10:24 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 1785
SilverMuse said:


I said give me an example of a trap who BOTH identifies as female and uses female pronouns 100% of the time. Not separate examples of each.


Sigh, I literally just explained that gender pronouns are a non factor

Also, I don't think you even know what your talking about now coz the example you're asking gives is basically Lily, iirc yeah Lily, and another one is Kiyoharu from Mahou Shoujo Site which makes no sense coz it gives no incentive and reason coz they're both trans girl

SilverMuse said:


I think part of the problem is you don't understand what I'm meaning by "gender identity". If so, my apologies. Gender identity is how someone personally identifies, it has nothing to do with how someone looks or what gender others perceive someone to be. A male may look female but still identify as male and vice versa (such is the case with Hideyoshi who, yes, is considered a trap). Lilly, on the other hand, biologically has a male's body, looks female (with intent might I add), and identifies as FEMALE. This is the definition of a transgender person, not a trap.


Please stop your petty assumption on me, you have a poor comprehension, smh I know what a trangender is, trangender = gender identity. Lily is trans girl, I have said this like 5 times already smfh and again regardless of that factor, a trap is still trap by definition, I get where you're coming from but that's definitely SJWism, coz you see, the whole concept of a trap is entirely defined to having a male biological body so whether it's a trans girl, doesn't matter, still a trap

SilverMuse said:


I prefer to call genderless characters "non-binary" but whatever. The thing is...Lilly is neither ambigious nor genderles nor does she "interchange" gender pronouns. She clearly dresses and wants to be adressed as female. You said yourself that a trap is biologically male but gets mistaken for a girl. By your definition, Lilly should have been fine when the others called her a boy because that is her gender right? ...Except she wasn't. She explicitly told the others to refer to her as a girl, her supposed "mistaken" gender according to you.


Okay now, you're just twisting my words or this is just the case of your poor comprehension again? I only mentioned genderless and ambiguous characters to explain to you how gender pronoun are no factor in the topic, I NEVER said Lily is genderless nor ambiguous JFC you're desperate

And no, I don't care if people call her a boy, that's on the people who call her that, that's their choice, I wouldn't call her a boy coz I recognize her a trans girl
and respect that but at the same time she's still by definition a trap coz biologically male it's really just term, you SJWs are the only ones making a big deal of such a simple term

Lily is a trans girl trap coz the reality is the biological male body, that's the reality, an irrefutable fact, again the respect and recognition comes only after those facts hence its a different matter and does not affect the definition of the term trap
Modified by Lairucrem, Dec 5, 2018 10:29 AM
 
Dec 5, 2018 1:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 111
Like Saki said, it doesnt matter what kinda junk she got. Lily is Lily.
 
Dec 8, 2018 12:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 174
Lairucrem said:


Sigh, I literally just explained that gender pronouns are a non factor

Also, I don't think you even know what your talking about now coz the example you're asking gives is basically Lily, iirc yeah Lily, and another one is Kiyoharu from Mahou Shoujo Site which makes no sense coz it gives no incentive and reason coz they're both trans girl


The thing is, gender pronouns actually do matter in terms of context. What are the writers trying to achieve by making a character use certain pronouns? Are they trying to insinuate that a character is a "sissy", a tomboy, maybe a transgender person? Take Alluka from HxH for example. She uses female pronouns for herself, yet almost everyone in her family addresses her using male/it pronouns. The only family member who addresses her using female pronouns is also the only family member that actually respects her - Killua. The writer never tells us outright that Alluka is a transgender girl, but the use of pronouns is obviously NOT insinuating that Alluka is a "sissy" or anything else. So to say that gender pronouns are not a factor concerning a topic/context like this is extremely short-sighted.

Because Lilly isn't a trap? She's a transgender girl. Same with Kiyoharu.

Lairucrem said:


Please stop your petty assumption on me, you have a poor comprehension, smh I know what a trangender is, trangender = gender identity. Lily is trans girl, I have said this like 5 times already smfh and again regardless of that factor, a trap is still trap by definition, I get where you're coming from but that's definitely SJWism, coz you see, the whole concept of a trap is entirely defined to having a male biological body so whether it's a trans girl, doesn't matter, still a trap


Lairucrem said:


And no, I don't care if people call her a boy, that's on the people who call her that, that's their choice, I wouldn't call her a boy coz I recognize her a trans girl
and respect that but at the same time she's still by definition a trap coz biologically male it's really just term, you SJWs are the only ones making a big deal of such a simple term

Lily is a trans girl trap coz the reality is the biological male body, that's the reality, an irrefutable fact, again the respect and recognition comes only after those facts hence its a different matter and does not affect the definition of the term trap


Well, I actually wasn't meaning to be offensive when I said that. I sincerely thought you misunderstood me.

Now I see where the problem lies. I hope you know that "trap" is considered a slur when used to describe transgender people, and if a transgender person ever heard you address them as a "trap" they would most certainly clock you. I don't know where you got that god-awful definition of a "trap" from...but it's completely wrong.

It's not "just a term", it has a historical connection to the abuse/mistreatment of transgender people, and if you cannot see the problem with that I am done reasoning with you. Transgender people have been beaten to death because they were "traps". You calling a transgender person/character a "trap" is basically the same as calling a black person/character the N word. Idgaf about this anime definition of trap you keep mentioning...because it's wrong. Anime generally isn't the most progressive medium and definitely not exemplary of how you should treat/refer to LGBT+ people. What you're saying is hurtful/transphobic to the real people whom characters like Lilly represent (And no, it is not up to you to decide what is hurtful to another group). Get your head out of your little fantasy anime world, wake up to reality, and start listening to what real transgender people are trying to tell you about your shitty definition.
Modified by TheBigBadBaka, Dec 8, 2018 12:13 PM
Official signature of the people who are too lazy to make a signature.
 
Dec 8, 2018 7:19 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 1785
SilverMuse said:


The thing is, gender pronouns actually do matter in terms of context. What are the writers trying to achieve by making a character use certain pronouns? Are they trying to insinuate that a character is a "sissy", a tomboy, maybe a transgender person? Take Alluka from HxH for example. She uses female pronouns for herself, yet almost everyone in her family addresses her using male/it pronouns. The only family member who addresses her using female pronouns is also the only family member that actually respects her - Killua. The writer never tells us outright that Alluka is a transgender girl, but the use of pronouns is obviously NOT insinuating that Alluka is a "sissy" or anything else. So to say that gender pronouns are not a factor concerning a topic/context like this is extremely short-sighted.


Why are you using Alluka as an example when Alluka is also a trans girl trap? You're not making any sense coz I'm a arguing that gender pronouns are non factors so yeah your very example is also trap. You're still not getting it I see, there are a ton of characters who notoriously and ambiguously uses both

And again, you're twisting my words, "sissy" that's one of the example I gave like the genderless, ambiguous, tomboys, to make a point about the gender pronoun but again you're twisting and insinuating like I ever implied that I used that term on trans girls, it's just an example I use on our sub topic (gender pronouns), it's not even our main topic coz our main topic is just the term trap, smfh

SilverMuse said:


Because Lilly isn't a trap? She's a transgender girl. Same with Kiyoharu.


???? Now what are you talking about? My whole argument is about Lily being both a Trap and trans girl at the same time which isn't really a bad thing, its only SJWs making a big deal out it

SilverMuse said:


Well, I actually wasn't meaning to be offensive when I said that. I sincerely thought you misunderstood me.

Now I see where the problem lies. I hope you know that "trap" is considered a slur when used to describe transgender people, and if a transgender person ever heard you address them as a "trap" they would most certainly clock you. I don't know where you got that god-awful definition of a "trap" from...but it's completely wrong.

It's not "just a term", it has a historical connection to the abuse/mistreatment of transgender people, and if you cannot see the problem with that I am done reasoning with you. Transgender people have been beaten to death because they were "traps". You calling a transgender person/character a "trap" is basically the same as calling a black person/character the N word. Idgaf about this anime definition of trap you keep mentioning...because it's wrong. Anime generally isn't the most progressive medium and definitely not exemplary of how you should treat/refer to LGBT+ people. What you're saying is hurtful/transphobic to the real people whom characters like Lilly represent (And no, it is not up to you to decide what is hurtful to another group). Get your head out of your little fantasy anime world, wake up to reality, and start listening to what real transgender people are trying to tell you about your shitty definition.


Okay here we go, this whole paragraph of yours just proves me right

It is just term, an anime term at that and that's a fact, also a fact that you're bringing gender identity here when it's a non factor (you're an SJW through and through)

Definition is definition, and it's not shitty you're just incredibly ignorant close minded SJW

Being a delusional in denial sensitive prick who brings up irrelevant argument such as the non factor gender identity and gender pronoun in the topic, lol do you even realize you're bringing a sensitive in an anime topic? Who's in whos fantasy anime world then? It's you, you're so childish smfh

"Historical" lmao

>Anime term
>Historical

Please stop embarrassing yourself, it's clear as day you're an SJW

Lily is a trans girl, no one is denying that fact, but it's also a fact that Lily is a trap, being a trap and trans girl at the same time doesn't make Lily less or not a trap jfc you SJWs are annoying, so sensitive in every little irrelevant shit

>Fantasy world
>Brings up real life issues

Okay, you're an extremely delusional and illogical SJW right now,

What is hurting the community? The fact that Lily is still a trap regardless of gender identity? That's hurting Lily? A fact is hurting you, You dumb af tbh your comprehension is god awful, extremely poor comprehension

The existence of a straight Trap like Hideyoshi proves me right and proves you completely wrong, stop being delusional already
Modified by Lairucrem, Dec 8, 2018 7:25 PM
 
Dec 8, 2018 7:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 2711
I knew it! The younger one is always a trap in shows like this one
Blend-S flashbacks


Even if you kill me, even if you kill anyone, even if you reset science… There’s always an idiot who will try anything, and the shiny monkeys will inevitably create a technological civilization.


 
Dec 8, 2018 8:49 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 110
Lairucrem said:
SilverMuse said:


The thing is, gender pronouns actually do matter in terms of context. What are the writers trying to achieve by making a character use certain pronouns? Are they trying to insinuate that a character is a "sissy", a tomboy, maybe a transgender person? Take Alluka from HxH for example. She uses female pronouns for herself, yet almost everyone in her family addresses her using male/it pronouns. The only family member who addresses her using female pronouns is also the only family member that actually respects her - Killua. The writer never tells us outright that Alluka is a transgender girl, but the use of pronouns is obviously NOT insinuating that Alluka is a "sissy" or anything else. So to say that gender pronouns are not a factor concerning a topic/context like this is extremely short-sighted.


Why are you using Alluka as an example when Alluka is also a trans girl trap? You're not making any sense coz I'm a arguing that gender pronouns are non factors so yeah your very example is also trap. You're still not getting it I see, there are a ton of characters who notoriously and ambiguously uses both

And again, you're twisting my words, "sissy" that's one of the example I gave like the genderless, ambiguous, tomboys, to make a point about the gender pronoun but again you're twisting and insinuating like I ever implied that I used that term on trans girls, it's just an example I use on our sub topic (gender pronouns), it's not even our main topic coz our main topic is just the term trap, smfh

SilverMuse said:


Because Lilly isn't a trap? She's a transgender girl. Same with Kiyoharu.


???? Now what are you talking about? My whole argument is about Lily being both a Trap and trans girl at the same time which isn't really a bad thing, its only SJWs making a big deal out it

SilverMuse said:


Well, I actually wasn't meaning to be offensive when I said that. I sincerely thought you misunderstood me.

Now I see where the problem lies. I hope you know that "trap" is considered a slur when used to describe transgender people, and if a transgender person ever heard you address them as a "trap" they would most certainly clock you. I don't know where you got that god-awful definition of a "trap" from...but it's completely wrong.

It's not "just a term", it has a historical connection to the abuse/mistreatment of transgender people, and if you cannot see the problem with that I am done reasoning with you. Transgender people have been beaten to death because they were "traps". You calling a transgender person/character a "trap" is basically the same as calling a black person/character the N word. Idgaf about this anime definition of trap you keep mentioning...because it's wrong. Anime generally isn't the most progressive medium and definitely not exemplary of how you should treat/refer to LGBT+ people. What you're saying is hurtful/transphobic to the real people whom characters like Lilly represent (And no, it is not up to you to decide what is hurtful to another group). Get your head out of your little fantasy anime world, wake up to reality, and start listening to what real transgender people are trying to tell you about your shitty definition.


Okay here we go, this whole paragraph of yours just proves me right

It is just term, an anime term at that and that's a fact, also a fact that you're bringing gender identity here when it's a non factor (you're an SJW through and through)

Definition is definition, and it's not shitty you're just incredibly ignorant close minded SJW

Being a delusional in denial sensitive prick who brings up irrelevant argument such as the non factor gender identity and gender pronoun in the topic, lol do you even realize you're bringing a sensitive in an anime topic? Who's in whos fantasy anime world then? It's you, you're so childish smfh

"Historical" lmao

>Anime term
>Historical

Please stop embarrassing yourself, it's clear as day you're an SJW

Lily is a trans girl, no one is denying that fact, but it's also a fact that Lily is a trap, being a trap and trans girl at the same time doesn't make Lily less or not a trap jfc you SJWs are annoying, so sensitive in every little irrelevant shit

>Fantasy world
>Brings up real life issues

Okay, you're an extremely delusional and illogical SJW right now,

What is hurting the community? The fact that Lily is still a trap regardless of gender identity? That's hurting Lily? A fact is hurting you, You dumb af tbh your comprehension is god awful, extremely poor comprehension

The existence of a straight Trap like Hideyoshi proves me right and proves you completely wrong, stop being delusional already


Okay, I have problens with this.

Ofc anime fans use the world trap to refers to a lot of things, and by this you could very well see Lily fall as an Trans Trap Character, however the same term is a slur, since it is and was used as one bouth by people of insede and outside of anime comunity (David Duke) and in different ways by different people:

you use it as a way to express any character how do serve the function of "teasing" the audience or caracters, but some people would say that it is only a trap when "teasing" the characters while the confusion of the audience is irrelevant and others would say that it is only a appearance thing, and the way that the characters play out doesn't matters.

And the logic behind it is carrying with it the weigth of transfobia, since it come from the idea that trans people trick others even when, in the case of the majority of those trans characters, they do explain to everyone that they aren't biologically born female.

There is no good reason to call those caracters traps while crossdresser and trans are hanging around.

I mean, the fact that some bigots could fell like what they think is normalized enogh (you should already know about the guy how killed a trans prostitute and claimed that his sentence should be lower since the fact that he was tricked made him mad) or that some trans and crossdressers could found it uncomfortable to ear is more important than don't change the way that weebs are more comfortable to use.

Just like fag, nigger or whatever other english bad word that I don't know about, we should use it to the bare minimal.

(Sorry if it is hard to understand, I tried my best to translate my thoughts ;-;)
Modified by Bob-o-Dominador, Dec 8, 2018 9:29 PM
Hail Nico, the Namber Wan Idoru.
 
Dec 8, 2018 8:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 110
Mateo3112 said:
I knew it! The younger one is always a trap in shows like this one
Blend-S flashbacks
The trans flag is pink, white and blue

Astolfo is pink, Hideri white and Lily is Blue.

The father, the son and the holy spirite of the trans trinity. She was the last piece,the trapologists knew it since the start.
Modified by Bob-o-Dominador, Dec 8, 2018 9:22 PM
Hail Nico, the Namber Wan Idoru.
 
Dec 9, 2018 9:03 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 1785
Bob-o-Dominador said:


Okay, I have problens with this.

Ofc anime fans use the world trap to refers to a lot of things, and by this you could very well see Lily fall as an Trans Trap Character, however the same term is a slur, since it is and was used as one bouth by people of insede and outside of anime comunity (David Duke) and in different ways by different people:


Nah dude, it's just a simple term but SJWs making a big deal out of it, outside usage of the term is irrelevant, coz they're just ignorant, we're inside the community so that's all we need to talk about, bringing in outside usage won't make SJWs less of an SJWs than they already are with them bringing gender identity in the topic when it's actually irrelevant

Bob-o-Dominador said:


you use it as a way to express any character how do serve the function of "teasing" the audience or caracters, but some people would say that it is only a trap when "teasing" the characters while the confusion of the audience is irrelevant and others would say that it is only a appearance thing, and the way that the characters play out doesn't matters.


I'm not using it how I want to use it, I'm using it how it is made to use, jfc and it's not simple as "teasing", it's a process of perception

Bob-o-Dominador said:


And the logic behind it is carrying with it the weigth of transfobia, since it come from the idea that trans people trick others even when, in the case of the majority of those trans characters, they do explain to everyone that they aren't biologically born female.


The problem is you SJWs uses of words, heck you people are just assuming shit, "trick" that's the problem with you SJWs, always automatically playing the victim's support role without knowing context to anything.

Trick = intentional
Mistook = unintentional

Hence its never negative ever, why do you think this was never ever a big deal in japan? Coz they don't have feminism there

Keep your SJW bs in real life please, there's enough toxicity in the anime community

Bob-o-Dominador said:


There is no good reason to call those caracters traps while crossdresser and trans are hanging around.


There is NO reason to not call them traps coz like it or not, they are traps by definition, nothing is gonna change thd fact that a trap can be trap while being a crossdresser and a trans, what part of that you doesn't understand? Smfh

Bob-o-Dominador said:


I mean, the fact that some bigots could fell like what they think is normalized enogh (you should already know about the guy how killed a trans prostitute and claimed that his sentence should be lower since the fact that he was tricked made him mad) or that some trans and crossdressers could found it uncomfortable to ear is more important than don't change the way that weebs are more comfortable to use.


Ugh another real life argument, hey guess what, this is the anime community in an anime forum so what's gonna be used? And again you're implying this misconception of "trick" and mistook again smfh one is intentional and the other is unintentional you idiot, jfc basically you're mentality is as simple minded as "black lives matter" wake up, all lives matter

Seriously, next time don't jump on an argument without knowing the context, I literally just slapped some sense into that other SJW before you, so should just stop
 
Dec 9, 2018 10:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 110
Lairucrem said:

Nah dude, it's just a simple term but SJWs making a big deal out of it, outside usage of the term is irrelevant, coz they're just ignorant, we're inside the community so that's all we need to talk about, bringing in outside usage won't make SJWs less of an SJWs than they already are with them bringing gender identity in the topic when it's actually irrelevant

But people inside anime comunitys go outiside to spread their shit, not every one here is a good enough person and the cluster fuck of meanings still.

Lairucrem said:


The problem is you SJWs uses of words, heck you people are just assuming shit, "trick" that's the problem with you SJWs, always automatically playing the victim's support role without knowing context to anything.

Trick = intentional
Mistook = unintentional

Hence its never negative ever, why do you think this was never ever a big deal in japan? Coz they don't have feminism there

Keep your SJW bs in real life please, there's enough toxicity in the anime community

The original usage of the word was to trick, it is really nice thet now the majority use as mistook, but when it comes the persons who listen to it will remeber of the times that it was used in the bad way, and it kind of hide the transphobic in the sea.

And trap isn't a problem in Japan because it is not a thing of Japan, as much as I know. It isn't even a Japanese word. Anyway, even if it was a problem, how would you know? Do you read Japanese news or something? I don't' but heard tha there was some pro gay marriage and political drama in japan that year, so Social Justice semns to happens there too.

Lairucrem said:
There is NO reason to not call them traps coz like it or not, they are traps by definition, nothing is gonna change thd fact that a trap can be trap while being a crossdresser and a trans, what part of that you doesn't understand? Smfh

Ugh another real life argument, hey guess what, this is the anime community in an anime forum so what's gonna be used? And again you're implying this misconception of "trick" and mistook again smfh one is intentional and the other is unintentional you idiot, jfc basically you're mentality is as simple minded as "black lives matter" wake up, all lives matter

Seriously, next time don't jump on an argument without knowing the context, I literally just slapped some sense into that other SJW before you, so should just stop

This forum is part of the real world, so ofc real live matter, I mean, it is meant to talk to real people, and them they go on with their lives... I just tring to say that besisdes you have the rigth to use any word you want to, this one is rude to people and isn't as pratical as the others opitions that have storng, fixed, undeniable meaning that don't fit pricks.

Mad ofensive SJW, don't help with it, but just dismiss all tries of discusion about these kind don't help to find a confoutable spot either.

And I get to know that you think that Japan is he no left paradise, so it wasn't waste of time for me (Yes I actually didn't read half of your conversation with that other guy, but it was more because he wrote so much.)

But how cares about that our conversation now ? As you sems to be anoyed by it I'll quit if you want to, other wise I could try to argue and see if we gain some thing. (We won't)
Modified by Bob-o-Dominador, Dec 9, 2018 10:44 AM
Hail Nico, the Namber Wan Idoru.
 
Dec 9, 2018 4:58 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 31
No, Lily is a Trans girl, not a "trap". The Zombieland saga twitter confirmed it multiple times.
whats an anime
 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Top
Pages (6) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »