Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 22, 2018 8:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Tension running high this episode...

While Ash and Eiji are getting along better, Su Rin Sing still had his own problems to take care of. Looks like more gang battles in the underworld. If there's one thing this show sells well is the intense violence. It feels very real in their society too.

Eiji is also starting to become more and more of a daredevil risk taker himself.
Nov 22, 2018 8:38 AM

Jun 2008
They skipped a LOT of pages but in this case, I don't think it hurt the episode that much, it was still so much fun.

Ash choking Yut Lung with his own braid is the most satisfying thing I have ever seen in my life.
Nov 22, 2018 9:39 AM

Mar 2012
hirahira said:
They skipped a LOT of pages but in this case, I don't think it hurt the episode that much, it was still so much fun.

Ash choking Yut Lung with his own braid is the most satisfying thing I have ever seen in my life.
Agreed. It went about as I expected this adaptation would. Shortening some things like having Ash get straight to the point about his illness with Eiji. I was sorta bummed we didn't see Cain carry Ash out of the ballroom though.

I wish Yeet would have died by Ash then and there. Brat-face about to show people one reason I hate him so much.

Next episode, we'll see if they cut someone out of the anime or not.
Nov 22, 2018 10:51 AM

Nov 2016
Pretty exciting episode.

But lol, how did Lee survive the fall from the stairs without a scratch.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 22, 2018 10:59 AM

Jun 2014
Rescuing Ash didn't take as long as I thought it would, but there were a bunch of other things they had to deal with so it's not like their worries were over after that. I'm expecting a lot of crazy things in these last few episodes.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 22, 2018 11:53 AM
Nov 2018
This episode featured a lot of Yut-Lung being pulled around with his hair, which was immensely satisfying.
Nov 22, 2018 12:19 PM

Mar 2016
Ash attacking Yut-Lung's men using the darkness in the museum to his advantage was pretty fucking epic for me, personally...especially in that one shot of him with the dagger in his mouth.
BAMF!
Nov 22, 2018 2:50 PM

Aug 2017
The scene in the museum was intense. It seems that Ash's weakened body will cause trouble in the future.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 22, 2018 3:23 PM

Sep 2011
First I want to say that Yut-Lung was gorgeous with that outfit, and I wonder if Blanca was happy to see Ash drugged, and in a wheelchair, because it was pretty much thanks to him. But I loved to see Eiji shooting Golzine, he wasn't able to kill him, but I guess this is enough to show that he means business if it is to protect Ash.

I was a bit disappointed with Sing, and Cain too, but it's not like they took Blanca's existence into account when they devised that plan, and hideout so I can cut them some slack. Golzine by himself, maybe even Yut-Lung for the lack of field experience and because he was clearly agitated, wouldn't be able to reach them, but well.

The museum raid was really cool too, Ash, even in a weakened state, is truly a wild beast, and Eiji was courageous too! And I was knew this, but nice to have confirmation that Yut-Lung is only pretending to get along with Golzine, by what he said he even wants to join forces with Ash to get rid of him, a pity it wasn't meant to be because Yut-Lung wasn't able to understand or accept Ash, and Eiji's relationship. But Blanca is a bit unreasonable, he said it more than once that he wasn't going to kill if it wasn't to protect Yut-Lung, just to corner them in the sewers like that. I guess he didn't kill anyone directly, but. lol
Nov 22, 2018 5:23 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Intense episode!

Ash really showcased his abilities in this episode! Making the town literally his playground is an amazing feat and managing to beat Blanca one up was epic! Poor Yut Lung though, he’s losing the battle to Ash big time as he’s also losing the Monsieur’s trust. Ash really gave him a fright, lol. Blind Ash shooting down one of the mobs just because of the noise of the trigger was lit!
Meanwhile, Eiji really stepped up his game this episode. Lol, he even failed to take the shot from that range but it was a hit nevertheless so good enough given the circumstances. Great now that Ash has managed to save not just him but a few others too.

I’m looking forward to seeing what the next few episodes have in store for us!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 22, 2018 7:22 PM

Sep 2017
All things considered that went pretty well for team good guys. The party crashing went way better than I expected and even tho there were some bumps afterwords, everyone is back together now. I'm assuming this was an issuing of cutting crap, but it was slightly jarring to have one scene where Eiji tells Ash that they are safe underground and it's nbd, and in the next scene Ash is freaking out saying they gotta leave.
Nov 22, 2018 7:36 PM

Oct 2015
Ash is back in full swing I guess, I'm glad he got one up on Yut Lung and Blanca. It seems like Yut Lung is trash as always, the way he wants to betray Golzine. I wished he was the one that got injured instead of Blanca, how I really wish.

Cain and Sing have proven to be useful in the operation unlike Eiji who has little experience in these kinds of things. That was impressive of Ash to take out those guys in the museum, and when he shot that guy while partially blind I was blown away. Proves the guy is a true lynx.

Great episode,
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 22, 2018 8:06 PM

Mar 2012
Fue said:
I'm kinda disappointed with how Yut Lung is being written... why is he such a wuss now? He was more interesting around the middle of the series or when he was first introduced. He kinda resembled Ash then (or a twisted version).

Now he's like a confused lonely kid who needs protection. He's like the new "Arthur" ... unreasonably obsessed with something (Arthur with Ash, Yut Lung with Eiji)

meh... the writer is destroying Yut Lung's potential as an interesting character imo
I always thought it was an act. Like say the so-called cook he hired? I always believed it was one of his guys he made pretend was an assassin just to be a victim and convince Blanca to the job (a cook that didn't try to poison him?). Sure, it could really be a Vietnamese assassin but Yeet through out that arc seemed to pretend he was meek to get Blanca to do his bidding and murder Eiji. Of course, Blanca didn't fall for it. That snake is not what he seems.
Nov 23, 2018 1:48 AM

Mar 2014
Boy they're really rushing things from here on

it really breaks my heart how Ash feels more content and can enjoy food and sleep even if he's in the sewers, simply because he's with people he cares about

the museum showdown was amazing. I also liked seeing Eiji taking matters into his own hands for Ash's safety

also RIP the scene where Eiji covers Ash with a blanket and watches him sleep
Nov 23, 2018 3:53 AM

Dec 2014
ok like wow... things wnt here there and everywhere
Nov 23, 2018 7:57 AM
Aug 2018
hirahira said:

I'm actually really glad they skipped some pages. In my opinion the sewer fight went on for too long in the manga. The show took the most important parts of the fights without dragging it on for more episodes.

This was a very good episode.
Nov 23, 2018 8:59 AM
Jul 2017
Danae said:

yeah....this was one of the few scenes i was looking forward to, but oh well :( i really hope the asheiji scenes (even the small ones) coming up are added instead of being glossed over

MetaKite said:

i think they will include him, but i feel he'll just end up becoming a minor inconvenience simply because there is just not enough time to add in everything that's left in 4 episodes if they want to cover the entire story
Nov 23, 2018 10:49 AM

Jul 2017
That was very intense. Ash looked awesome here.
Nov 23, 2018 11:56 AM
Nov 2017
I loved this episode, and that scene on the museum with Ash and a knife in his mouth was just like a ninja. They indeed skipped some stuff from the manga but this was still good nonetheless.

I'm glad we get to see Eiji's more violent side as he wants to care for Ash.
The rescue scene in the start was a bit hasty though but I got to see the stuff I wanted to see the most, Eiji and Ash scenes, and they did not disappoint one bit.
Except where Ash jumps down the sewer opening, in the manga, he falls down on Eiji, that would've been hilarious to see xD But yeah, great episode!
Nov 23, 2018 3:06 PM

Oct 2012
And they live to see another day...

But for how long?
Nov 23, 2018 4:34 PM

Jul 2015
mimimikachuu said:
Danae said:

yeah....this was one of the few scenes i was looking forward to, but oh well :( i really hope the asheiji scenes (even the small ones) coming up are added instead of being glossed over

MetaKite said:

i think they will include him, but i feel he'll just end up becoming a minor inconvenience simply because there is just not enough time to add in everything that's left in 4 episodes if they want to cover the entire story

Yuuup, I feel the same. I hope not because thanks to that character we got a nice scene between our lovebirds.

Nov 23, 2018 5:06 PM

Dec 2016
A fall like that without a single scratch? Yeah, only in anime and movies...

Great episode! Intense! Glad Ash is back in action :)

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Nov 23, 2018 7:11 PM
May 2016
Fue said:
I'm kinda disappointed with how Yut Lung is being written... why is he such a wuss now? He was more interesting around the middle of the series or when he was first introduced. He kinda resembled Ash then (or a twisted version).

Now he's like a confused lonely kid who needs protection. He's like the new "Arthur" ... unreasonably obsessed with something (Arthur with Ash, Yut Lung with Eiji)

meh... the writer is destroying Yut-Lung's potential as an interesting character imo

I completely agree; for a character who, at the beginning of the series, was fully equipped to defend himself with all kinds of crazy Chinese drugs and martial arts, it seemed really odd for Yut-Lung to become so submissive to Blanca and Ash (signified when they both snatched his wig LMAO)

However, I think that his transformation is a part of his character development (or, rather, character recession) as a result of him thwarting Ash's mission to annihilate the Corsican Mafia and ultimately dismantle the Banana Fish scheme. Yut-Lung is meant to act as a foil to Ash in many ways—much like Ash, he was forced into serving a corrupt organization and subjected to brutal childhood trauma as a part of their training, giving him a psychological complex between his conflicting nature and nurture. In order for both characters to reach mental liberation, they must reject years of brainwashing and training to follow in the footsteps of their own abusers, and be who they want to be.

While Ash chooses to follow his true calling, Yut-Lung chooses to bury his feelings and continue the legacy of his older brothers. Instead of truly facing them, he uses Ash as a sort of proxy for his hatred of his brothers—come to think of it, his relationship with them may well have caused him to develop an inferiority complex. If that's the case, then Ash must have awakened his feelings of inferiority to his brothers, causing him to sink further into a chasm of false hope and furthering his character regression. That's just my interpretation tho, and it doesn't take into account Yut-Lung's festering hatred of Eiji (which tbh I still don't really understand, maybe it hasn't been revealed yet or maybe that's just me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )

Either way, Lung's character regression occurs steadily over time and to me it feels pretty cohesive with the story. After all, despite it turning him into less of a likable character to some, it makes his relationship with many of the other characters more interesting and dynamic in my opinion—namely Ash, Eiji, Blanca, and Golzine. There are so many characters who are mature and rugged that it would be almost dull for them all to have that persona :P
Nov 23, 2018 7:33 PM

Feb 2015
The plan to save Ash started. They got infiltrated in the party so started easly the shootout, putting Golzine in a difficult situation, fortunately Ash helped and they could escape to the sewage system. After some resting time, they realized that they are easy pray in there, and in less time than they thought, they were being followed. Eiji decided to distract their followers in order to save Ash, so Caín could take Ash out of there and put him to rest. Ash wakes up later only to discover that Eiji is still in the sewers, so he ran to a museum, attracting Yut-Lung people, in there, he could finish with some of them but they have Eiji. Ash managed to kidnap Yut-Lung when Caín people attacked outside the museum, so Blanca took Eiji and friends with him inside the museum to trade them for Yut-Lung with Ash. As a result they're all alive and Golzine arrived to the place, just to warn them about tht beast that Ash could be.

I don't really know how the plan worked, they made Golzine's bodyguards look like babys, I mean, wasn't Golzine expecting something like that? Cause sure Blanca did, but he just sticked to his job. Then there's Eiji sacrificing himself as if there's nothing more when what he wants is to be with Ash. Then is Ash doing the same in the museum, killing everyone like Batman. The episode was very entertaining cause involved lot of action but somehow is lacking of that police/gang thriller touch.
Nov 23, 2018 11:53 PM

Oct 2008
damn! overall INTENSE episode!
Ash is like a ninja assassin hiding in the dark shadows!
5/5!

Nov 24, 2018 1:07 AM

Dec 2016
Fue said:
I'm kinda disappointed with how Yut Lung is being written... why is he such a wuss now? He was more interesting around the middle of the series or when he was first introduced. He kinda resembled Ash then (or a twisted version)

i get you bro; when yut lung was introduced, he was this epic assassin and now he's getting pulled around by his plait ://
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Nov 24, 2018 9:19 AM

Jun 2013
I'm not up-to-date with the manga, I'm still at the part where Ash messed up with Golzine's stocks, he dressed up and pretended to be "Christopher" a rich kid and Max cosplayed as his daddy. I'm balancing that with Golden Kamuy I try to do ten chapters each alternately.

Anyway, at first Yut Lung both in the manga and Anime was so bad ass with his knowledge about thousands of different plants and medicines, picking locks effortlessly, he may not be physically strong but he was wise and elegant as a villain. Now he's a wimp. They're kind of pushing some sort of pseudo-romantic yaoi pairing between him and Blanca. Blanca came in and outshined him and it's obvious Yut Lung's bottom.

Honestly, there are times when I just want to push Eiji to the side and make him shut up and wait but he's learning to more assertive. He didn't successful shoot Golzine fatally, shot him on the shoulder but he has no experience with guns so it's expected.

Anyway, I wonder how they're going to end it. Once it's over, only four episodes left, I'll be able to focus on the manga. They did leave out so much like Nadia, Shorter's sister and her relationship with a certain someone.
臭い-
Nov 24, 2018 12:45 PM

Nov 2018
hirahira said:

It made me wish Dino had braids, now that would have been really satisfying.
Nov 24, 2018 7:31 PM

May 2018
another amazing episode
also, eijis character development really shines this episode

however,,, I feel like it was a bit rushed
as we get closer to the end of the series it get more and more rushed
Im hoping that these next four episodes will hold up
Nov 24, 2018 8:45 PM

Mar 2012
@Fue and @birdiverse, point taken. He's current condition has made Yeet more of despicable and hateful snake.

Seijatachiiii said:
another amazing episode

The anime has been rushed since the beginning. So much has been cut from each episode and I still feel this series suffered when they cut out most of the humorous content that helps balance the pain. Now we're gonna go at break-neck speeds with these last 4 episodes. This reminds me of Inuyasha The Final Act which needed way more episodes than just 26 which they crammed about 90 chapters into 26 episodes also leaving out a ton of content.
MetaKiteNov 24, 2018 9:13 PM
Nov 24, 2018 11:57 PM

Jun 2011
Really liked this fast paced episode!
-Eiji becoming a badass and taking up a gun...he's never killed before so I wonder if he "missed" Golzine's vital points on purpose?
-Really warms my heart that Ash's gang and Sing/Cain kinda look out for Eiji in place of Ash
-Shout out to that one Chinese member that saves Sing at the last moment by pushing him into the water...that a true bro right there
-I keep wanting to think that Yut-Lung is an annoying/weak character, but I believe if I did that I'd be underestimating him...based on how he acted earlier in the series I bet he's got some big background scheme going on or something (I hope)
-The museum scene was awesome, what a clever location to have the fight take place in the dino room...reminds me of that museum scene out of Jurassic World, something about dino skeletons puts everyone on edge
Nov 25, 2018 1:06 AM

Dec 2008
I really like this episode! Eiji finally stepping up his game, and Ash being so cool as always! The museum scene was really amazing.
Nov 25, 2018 9:10 AM

Apr 2018
I was waiting on museum scene and it fulfilled all my expectations. Very good episode (as always); and now the end is near..
“You are not alone, Ash. I am with you. My soul is with you.” - Eiji Okumura.
Nov 25, 2018 11:22 AM
May 2016
MetaKite said:
@Fue and @birdiverse, point taken. He's current condition has made Yeet more of despicable and hateful snake.

Seijatachiiii said:
another amazing episode

The anime has been rushed since the beginning. So much has been cut from each episode and I still feel this series suffered when they cut out most of the humorous content that helps balance the pain. Now we're gonna go at break-neck speeds with these last 4 episodes. This reminds me of Inuyasha The Final Act which needed way more episodes than just 26 which they crammed about 90 chapters into 26 episodes also leaving out a ton of content.

who is this Yeet you speak of
Nov 26, 2018 6:53 AM

Dec 2016
Pretty good episode, the pacing felt a bit off at times but luckily that didn't really make the episode too bad
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Nov 26, 2018 3:50 PM

Mar 2012
birdiverse said:

As @Arethusa_Vespera explained, it's a fandom nickname for Lee Yut-Lung (Lee Yue Lun). I personally can't stand the character and have a variety of nicknames for him including:

Brat-Face
Bitch-Face
Snake (Snek)
Braids
Miss Envy
Yeet-Long Whore
Yeast Infection
Nov 26, 2018 7:37 PM
May 2016
MetaKite said:
birdiverse said:

As @Arethusa_Vespera explained, it's a fandom nickname for Lee Yut-Lung (Lee Yue Lun). I personally can't stand the character and have a variety of nicknames for him including:

Brat-Face
Bitch-Face
Snake (Snek)
Braids
Miss Envy
Yeet-Long Whore
Yeast Infection

bahahaha

pure gold
Nov 27, 2018 3:22 AM

Jul 2016
Fue said:

meh... the writer is destroying Yut Lung's potential as an interesting character imo

I agree. When he came onto the scene he seemed to be a real badass.

Now he is nothing?
Nov 27, 2018 5:38 AM

Apr 2018
This had incredible dynamics with good plays and hostages taken on both sides in terms of gang issues. Ultimately ended in Ash's favour being able to secure Eiji again.

Ash getting to drop on Blanca?! With help from Cain that allowed him to acquire Yut as a bargaining chip, and land a knife on him was incredible, Ash's playground advantage indeed!

The sweet moment with Fiji helping Ash with the soup was another great point to match the tense parts of the episodes.

Could go on indefinitely listing the key great points, there were so many!
Nov 27, 2018 9:07 AM

Aug 2018
I thought this episode was done well, especially with the condensation of so many important scenes into one episode (the sewers scene dragged on for too long in the manga). Although, I wish they had spent just a tad more time regarding Ash's battle in the natural history museum but still a good episode.

Also, I really hope they would write off a future character
Nov 27, 2018 9:13 AM

Mar 2012
plutochan said:
I thought this episode was done well, especially with the condensation of so many important scenes into one episode (the sewers scene dragged on for too long in the manga). Although, I wish they had spent just a tad more time regarding Ash's battle in the natural history museum but still a good episode.

Yep, just saw the preview. I guess nobody's getting cut from the anime. I'm just tickled pink my favorite funny scene in all of the manga is being included as a clip of it was shown in the preview. It's just that from here on out, everything is gonna be super rushed until the end.

Vindicater said:
Fue said:

I agree. When he came onto the scene he seemed to be a real badass.

Now he is nothing?
As if. By series end, you will likely hate Bitch-Face as much as me.
Nov 27, 2018 9:27 AM

Aug 2018
MetaKite said:
plutochan said:

Yep, just saw the preview. I guess nobody's getting cut from the anime. I'm just tickled pink my favorite funny scene in all of the manga is being included as a clip of it was shown in the preview. It's just that from here on out, everything is gonna be super rushed until the end.

Me too, I thought it was going to be cut out!

I also agree that many things will be rushed, but looking at how episode 20 was done, I think it should be ok.
plutochanNov 27, 2018 9:44 AM
Nov 27, 2018 9:38 AM

Mar 2012
plutochan said:
MetaKite said:

I also agree that many things will be rushed, but looking at how episode 20 was done, I think it should be ok.
There will be! I just went back to my prediction in episode 18 thread and looking at it, I'm sure there will be the time needed for that based on how they are breaking things down by episode.
Nov 27, 2018 9:53 AM

Aug 2018
MetaKite said:
plutochan said:

There will be! I just went back to my prediction in episode 18 thread and looking at it, I'm sure there will be the time needed for that based on how they are breaking things down by episode.

I sincerely apologise

I hope MAPPA plans to adapt some of the side stories from the manga,

Nov 27, 2018 10:04 AM

Mar 2012
plutochan said:
MetaKite said:

I sincerely apologize

It's alright. You don't need to apologize. It just caught me off guard. You'd think after so many years since it came out, I'd stop getting upset by it.
I already contacted anime distributors in the USA to see which ones are interested and so far Sentai Filmworks is the most interested based on the correspondence I've received.
Nov 27, 2018 10:23 AM

Aug 2018
MetaKite said:
plutochan said:

I sincerely apologize

It's alright. You don't need to apologize. It just caught me off guard. You'd think after so many years since it came out, I'd stop getting upset by it.
I already contacted anime distributors in the USA to see which ones are interested and so far Sentai Filmworks is the most interested based on the correspondence I've received.

Oh I really hope so!

I'm very glad to hear and see Banana fish doing so well even after 20 years since the manga's publication, I saw they had delayed the second dvd/blu ray volume to give themselves more time to improve the animation I'm guessing
plutochanNov 27, 2018 10:37 AM
Nov 27, 2018 11:23 AM

Mar 2012
plutochan said:
Oh I really hope so!

I'm very glad to hear and see Banana fish doing so well even after 20 years since the manga's publication, I saw they had delayed the second dvd/blu ray volume to give themselves more time to improve the animation I'm guessing
Heh, that side story made me indifferent to him. As I've said in the forums I'm very "meh" about Blanca because he still very much helped Golzine to crush Ash's soul even if he doesn't mean to harm Ash. I'm not going to get into that discussion again.

Nov 27, 2018 5:57 PM

Mar 2016
Am i the only one who thinks BLANCA RESEMBLES SO MUCH IN ABILITY AND APPEARANCE STEVEN SEAGAL ?

Dec 13, 2018 2:50 PM

Jul 2016
Eiji, you just had one job... I couldn't help but facepalm myself when I saw him missed that shot.

Well... it's the second time BF fool me. I though the whole infiltration and Ash's rescue would be more methodical or with a more subtle approach... but no... just Sing and co. shooting like crazy but well, it wasn't that bad either.

That aside, I liked this episode. Personally, the whole confrontation scene in the museum with Ash killing from the shadows looked really epic.
Dec 14, 2018 10:06 PM

Mar 2012
Just a few episodes back I was feeling really sorry for Ash but right now I just want to see him lose for some reason.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Banana Fish Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2018

345 by anjalpaudel »»
Apr 20, 8:04 AM

Poll: » Banana Fish Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2018

121 by matheoo41 »»
Apr 13, 5:55 PM

Poll: » Banana Fish Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2018

69 by matheoo41 »»
Apr 13, 5:41 PM

» how gay is this shit?

KuroudoAkabane - May 14, 2023

37 by Merve2Love »»
Apr 13, 1:54 AM

Poll: » Banana Fish Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

TheFreycook - Aug 8, 2018

66 by unclearjustice »»
Dec 26, 2023 8:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.