Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 22, 2018 6:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Got a bit of info on Lily's past this week. Cute.

I think her normal life (before becoming a zombie idol) is exactly what a normal kid would have. Felt bad for her father to be honest. He really loved her daughter and it was probably an incredible hard time to get through.

Quite an emotional episode.
Nov 22, 2018 7:32 AM
Jul 2018
Lilly just went straight to the top of my best girl list when I found out she's a he. God i hope someone puts out a doujin of him this upcoming comiket...
Nov 22, 2018 8:49 AM
Oct 2018
damn liliy is otokonoko.

didnt know that coming.

sad episode.
Nov 22, 2018 9:01 AM

Nov 2014
I expected they will meet someone who remembers them sooner or later. It sure was sad episode. And that ending performance! Tho Lili's death was a bit of mood killer lol.
Trap, huh? I don't mind I guess.

Junko blushing was cute. It seems Koutarou's actions from last episode had effect on their relationship. I'd actualy ship that.
Nov 22, 2018 9:01 AM

Dec 2014
Damn, that was a plot twist I wasn't expecting. Lily's actually a boy and what's with this show and all the legendary ways to kill characters off? Plucking facial hair? Like really? XD
I was laughing much like Saki-chan when she kept questioning Lily at the end of his backstory with his and his dad's 'manly' names. XD

Tatsumi/Mamoru and his trolls are gold as always, that opening 'Good Morning' cracked me up so much. I bet Mamoru's having the time of his life voice acting this character. Even with Okarin he had to get serious once in a while but Tatsumi just a straight up troll. xD

Song and performance at the end was really sweet, I was actually as surprised at the lack of CG, that's good thing though.
Not to mention the lovely outfits, alternate hairstyles on all the girls and all the 'good' shots. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Saki-chan episode next, I can't wait, she's the best. <3
Nov 22, 2018 9:14 AM

Feb 2017
Man, those feels though, bless you lily chan...

Nov 22, 2018 9:24 AM

Sep 2018
Lelouch0202 said:
Damn, that was a plot twist I wasn't expecting. Lily's actually a boy and what's with this show and all the legendary ways to kill characters off? Plucking facial hair? Like really? XD
I was laughing much like Saki-chan when she kept questioning Lily at the end of his backstory with his and his dad's 'manly' names. XD

Tatsumi/Mamoru and his trolls are gold as always, that opening 'Good Morning' cracked me up so much. I bet Mamoru's having the time of his life voice acting this character. Even with Okarin he had to get serious once in a while but Tatsumi just a straight up troll. xD

Song and performance at the end was really sweet, I was actually as surprised at the lack of CG, that's good thing though.
Not to mention the lovely outfits, alternate hairstyles on all the girls and all the 'good' shots. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Saki-chan episode next, I can't wait, she's the best. <3
lol, i didn't expect that either, who would've known Lily is a trap
Nov 22, 2018 9:25 AM

Jan 2017
I didn't expect something so emotional out of this show, props to pulling it off really well imo.
Nov 22, 2018 9:50 AM

Jul 2017
Moving episode and another hilarious way of dying.

Sangaz said:
Lilly just went straight to the top of my best girl list when I found out she's a he.

Ha, it didn't click with me till I read this comment!
I thought at the time a hair on the chin isn't un-heard of for women and the embarrassment of it was the straw that broke the camels back. Even when Saki was laughing at her name for being masculine I just thought it was another silly joke (I even looked it up to find the meaning and found out it was a boys name, and it still didn't click!)
Nov 22, 2018 9:51 AM

Jan 2008
Seems like Lily is a boy (facial hair, growing up to be like dad and name). Though as a zombie, I'm sure 'it's' detachable.

Nice to see the concert scene not CG'd, even if there wasn't much movement in it. Song itself was a bit weird in the start, felt like they put too much words in the first few verses.
Nov 22, 2018 10:04 AM

Aug 2008
Death from shock of facial hair would be joke fitting this series (death by thunder was already ridiculous) but it got ruined by the fact it was a little boy dressed as a girl... What the hell Japan. Why force a fucking trap there. This series had a strong start but's getting worse and worse with each episode for some time already. Less and less comedy and more and more bland idol crap.

@papsoshea It was actually his son. Though I don't think boy can have a voice like that, no matter how young.
AntanaruNov 22, 2018 10:07 AM
Ii tenki desu ne...
Nov 22, 2018 10:14 AM

Dec 2014
lol Lily was Masao...she died of mental shock did all the girls/boys died this ridiculously.... yES there is a boy in between .. don't know how many more can they be ,,,..
Nov 22, 2018 10:16 AM

Nov 2016
Oh lol, of course they had to have a trap idol. But wtf, that's a really stupid way to die, even for this show xD

I'm still able to easily overlook that, cause the rest of the episode was fucking great.

Feels/5

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 22, 2018 10:27 AM

Nov 2011
Welp Masao best girl
Nov 22, 2018 10:30 AM

May 2017
Somehow this episode was just weird to be... Not bad but weird...
But it opens up a new chapter - people from their past lives recognizing the zombie girls...! I'm looking forward to how it's going to progress from here.

(I just have to add this...: Sadly, I absolutely hated the new song...)
Nov 22, 2018 10:30 AM

Jul 2017
For the love of God, Lily a.k.a. Masao's life is revealed...a TRAP idol...a guy disguised as a girl, what sorcery is this.

Miyano Mamoru's performance as Kotarou still is as insane AF, always fun to watch him VA to his heartest.

Her death was somewhat NOT expected...a hair follicle on his face...? Died from mental shock...? OK...

Well at least her Pappy came to see their concert...man tears were shed, and glad the concert this time ain't CGI parodied.

Wonderful! Tres bien of an episode!
Nov 22, 2018 10:39 AM

Feb 2014
For the sake of GOd please someone explain to me which part in the episode does state Lily Hoshikawa is a trap
Nov 22, 2018 10:42 AM

Apr 2011
So Lily is a trans girl, that's really nice.

And wow, I wasn't expecting this anime to make me cry. This episode sure had a lot of feels.
Nov 22, 2018 10:43 AM

Apr 2012
shimada_m said:
For the sake of GOd please someone explain to me which part in the episode does state Lily Hoshikawa is a trap

She was born as a boy named Masao Go, but identifies as a girl named Lily. This is why she was so upset that she had a heart attack when she saw the facial hair, as she was growing up and would no longer be able to look/sound like a girl like she wishes to. Since she was a famous child star there was the additional stress of public opinion and it was all too much.
Nov 22, 2018 10:45 AM

Jan 2018
so uh,, HE is dead right, And now become a SHE, It's all cool, I guess. right ?????? yeahh It's all cool.
Nov 22, 2018 10:53 AM
Sep 2018
So Lily died by shock death. I could hear a certain useless goddess laugh while watching that scene.

Also, now that (s)he is a zombie (s)he can just take 'it' simply off, do I get that right??? :D
Nov 22, 2018 10:53 AM

Oct 2010
Good and respectful trans rep from the zombie idol show is certainly not what I expected this week.
Nov 22, 2018 10:54 AM

Oct 2010
shimada_m said:

Masao is a boy's name. But the honorifics are the best give away for foreigners. When Sakura tells everyone she says "Lily-chan use to be Masao-kun". chan is usually used for younger girls while kun is used for boys. And this is why honorifics should always be subbed
Nov 22, 2018 10:54 AM

May 2015
I totally didn't expect Lily to be biologically a boy, talk about plot twist. But then again, Lily clearly wants to be known as Lily so I can't really suddenly start calling her 'Masao' or 'he', it'd be too alien. Lily is Lily.

I'm glad there was finally something about one of the girls being recognised though. I definitely thought a journalist would recognise one of the previous idols, but instead we got Lily and her father which really got to me T.T The death was kinda comical, but the performance was really sad (in a nice way). I'm glad Lily got to say what she wanted to. +1 for the low twintails.

Looks like next week is a Saki focused episode, time to get to know best girl's past.

♡ artist
サコ
Nov 22, 2018 10:55 AM

Jun 2016
lmfao miyano really is enjoying himself xDD

so i think this is the funniest episode so far hahaha damn i haven't had a laugh like this since a while
2 things i didn't see it coming

1) Lily's real name (like seriously, i thought i was the only one, i even paused the video just to laugh at tht masculine name!!! saki's reaction is exactly mine tbh)

2) that song's intro (what the hell hahahahahaaa it's like they just too lazy to find melody so they rap? idk if that's considered rap but yeah, i had to pause the video again just to laugh

EDIT: oh, so lily's a HE!! now that makes sense. thankfully i read through the comments
Kansai-ben-otakuNov 22, 2018 10:58 AM
Nov 22, 2018 11:09 AM

Oct 2010
That was a really damn good episode..wow
Nov 22, 2018 11:30 AM

Jul 2017
So Sakura dies by Bus-kun, Ai dies by Lightning-kun and now Lily dies by Facial Hair-kun
Nov 22, 2018 11:42 AM
Oct 2017
I did not expect a revelation about Lily (should we say Masao now?)

the heart attack ok could have suspected
that was the reason for his death ... to know that it's puberty that completes it
Nov 22, 2018 11:49 AM

Jun 2014
So now we know how Lily died, and that, in turn, also revealed that she's a he. That was a pretty interesting way to die lol.

I'm glad Lily's dad was able to see his daughter (or son, I guess?) again and get some closure after all this time.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 22, 2018 11:54 AM

Nov 2013
shimada_m said:

Beyond everything already said above, when Lily is sleeping Saki says "who cares about what she has between her legs?"
Nov 22, 2018 11:59 AM

Oct 2010
NanaPirro said:
I did not expect a revelation about Lily (should we say Masao now?)

"I am still Lily, and that's who I'm always going to be". I think that answers your question.
Nov 22, 2018 12:05 PM

Jul 2013
Lily being a male totally took me by surprise, like, this has to be the only time I have been surprised by a trap revealing his true colors. I'm totally done. His death was also pretty hilarious, I even feel bad for laughing (didn't helped the show portrayed his demise with black comedy).

Episode ending was beautiful tho. Made me shed a few tears ;_; Poor dad, lost both his wife and his child, that must be tough. And to think that I thought he would be a pedophile and the one who killed Lily when he appeared. Never been so happy to be wrong.
Nov 22, 2018 12:14 PM
Mar 2018
So, we get more tropes and drama... if it weren't already I'd say this show is getting more and more dead...
Nov 22, 2018 12:24 PM
Mar 2017
Damn, the feelings in this episode were strong.
Today's episode gave us Lily's backstory and it was amazing on many levels, first the reason of her death, a heart attack due to the shock of seeing a hair on her face and finally we discovered that Lily is a boy and her name was Masao, Sakura's surprise face killed me with laughter, well the reaction of all the girls, except Saki, she was mocking all the time.
The girls look very pretty in their pajamas, also I'm surprised how adorable Junko is when she blushes, especially when Saki says "who cares about what she has between her legs?", What was Junko imagining? In fact how can a zombie blush?
The new song of the girls broke my heart, poor Takeo and Lily, both closed their old wounds, it seems Takeo is now a new fan of Franchouchou.

Saki is great, that flying kick was epic, I hope that the next episode we see more action from Saki, but since the next episode will be about her backstory and most likely how our rude girl died.
Nov 22, 2018 12:26 PM
Jul 2018
Antanaru said:
Death from shock of facial hair would be joke fitting this series (death by thunder was already ridiculous) but it got ruined by the fact it was a little boy dressed as a girl... What the hell Japan. Why force a fucking trap there. This series had a strong start but's getting worse and worse with each episode for some time already. Less and less comedy and more and more bland idol crap.

@papsoshea It was actually his son. Though I don't think boy can have a voice like that, no matter how young.

My feelings exactly, minus the part about the show getting worse.

The fuck is up with Japan and traps? First Sora to Umi no Aida and now this anime, I really don't get it. It seriously degraded this episode for me to the point I just couldn't feel anything, even in the supposedly sad parts. I just sat here looking at the screen thinking "haha, would you look at that, another trap...sasuga nippon".

I just hope this doesn't become a trend, because most of the time these kinds of characters are badly done and they're just there to appeal to otaku fetishes.

Also, they better not fuck up Saki's backstory and make her death to be some lame retarded shit like Lily's death in this episode or I'll just drop this anime. I'm all for comedy, but only when it's done right and it's actually funny and what I saw in this episode was a far cry from that.
removed-userNov 23, 2018 8:06 PM
Nov 22, 2018 12:31 PM

Sep 2017
maybe im just emotionally unstable,but this episode had me in nearly in tears

I didn’t expect a back story on every character (this time being Lily)
it was just kinda sad to me,like if u think about it they was 11 and their dad regretted it for a long long time

"those who aren't able to find a more miserable person than themselves turn to the internet and call others losers,even though they've never met"- Satou from nhk
Nov 22, 2018 12:50 PM

Jul 2013
I don't know if I should laugh or cry, so I do both.

The only thing short of perfection in this episode is the lack of Miyano's "daga otoko da".
Nov 22, 2018 12:55 PM

Aug 2016
A very powerful episode, I'd be lying if I said I didn't tear up a little at that song .. even though it started out pretty weirdly with them trying to fit so many words into it..
I've been waiting for a Lilly focus episode! I think she's so cute and I've been wanting to see her get more screentime. I also hope for a Yuugiri centered episode sometime before it ends though.

This thread is making me kinda sad however, she said so herself, she is Lilly Hoshikawa and always will be, so don't call her anything else.
Nov 22, 2018 12:59 PM
Mar 2018
Okay, so that with the tropes and drama aside and the SPOILERS ahead:
Do I get it right, that Lily died from shock as a kid over her/him growing a beard and Kotaro just now reacting to anyone referring to him as a girl? That last part looks a bit like sloppy writing, also they brought the questions out again, and I kinda have one myself. If Lily died of shock, even mental shock, then what is her heart doing out there all the time?
Nov 22, 2018 1:05 PM

Apr 2008
I always liked Lily, but after this episode, she's confirmed for best girl.

Obligatory sattou fanart: https://twitter.com/sattou0/status/1065629856879149056
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this signature is unavailable in your region.
Nov 22, 2018 1:10 PM

Apr 2015
So Lily is actually a boy, that's interesting. Didn't expect that. Very powerful but emotional episode. That guy was HUGE though.

We have had very long light novel titels in the past and present. But Zombieland Saga brings us probably the longest episode title to date XD What in the world!!
Nov 22, 2018 1:14 PM
Jun 2016
This show has targeted just about every trope so why would they not target the trap trope? It didn't degrade the show, it added to its resume over tropes touched on IMO.
Nov 22, 2018 1:16 PM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
LOLI TRAP BEST LOLI BEST TRAP BEST LILY

Nov 22, 2018 1:22 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
So now we start learning about everyone else's deaths. Lily worked herself to death basically thanks to her irresponsible father.

I didn't even catch that Lily was a boy until I got to the comments. It was so subtle that I guess I missed it. I've seen other anime girls with boyish names, so I figured it was for humorous purposes that the cutest one has the manliest name.

Either way, it sucks that lily is a boy. She went from one of the best and now is going straight to the trash.
Nov 22, 2018 1:44 PM

Jul 2016
I probably wouldn't have known that Lily was a trap if I just didn't read this discussion.
Nov 22, 2018 1:47 PM

Jun 2017
Well, certainly didn't see that coming. Pretty sure some weird hentai will surface sooner or later LMAO. Dying because of that hair was not as legendary as getting shocked to death on stage but it was still pretty damn hilarious.

The thing with Sakura is getting more mysterious with each ep. We clearly saw how she died then why the hell is she constantly getting the flashback about being in a crowd during a concert... I don't see how it's relevant since her wanting to be an idol didn't change even after she died.
Nov 22, 2018 1:49 PM

Oct 2014
This episode showed that this show really knows how to mix comedy and drama
The song lyrics sounded quite rushed, but still I managed feel emotional
Wait, did you just say that Jojo is shit?
Nov 22, 2018 2:18 PM
Jul 2018
Didn't they take bath together and everything. Since they ate food, won't they have to go toilet and stuff.

Next Saki's story can't wait to how she died
Nov 22, 2018 2:25 PM

Dec 2016
I was feeling puzzled the moment I saw Lili dying because of some hair ._. I mean, really?? Didn't make any sense! It looked like they are just running out of ideas about death cases. Lili deserve a better one!

The feels ;-; That man have a depressing life, loosing both wife and a young child. He didn't deserve those loses :(

Next will be Saki! Can't wait to learn the cause of her death :)

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Nov 22, 2018 2:36 PM
Oct 2014
Groenboys said:
LILLY IS A TRAP
LILLY IS A TRAP
LILLY IS A TRAP

can't say it enough
LILLY IS A TRAP HOLY SHIT

Depending on débate, Lily could actually be a transgender, not a trap. Shame the episode didn't clarify or give enough information whether if she should be transgender or a trap....
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2018

293 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 4:29 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2018

138 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 3:56 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2018

117 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2018

171 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 11:19 AM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2018

159 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 4, 11:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.