Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Jun 24, 2021 12:01 PM
Aug 2020
This episode made me ugly sob. Lily was only a kid when she died and I’m glad they explored the effects that could have had on her parent. Also a lot of people here are saying her death was really comical and while it was definitely played up, I do think there is a layer of sadness to it too. She died because of the mental shock of realizing she was going into male puberty. She literally died because of how bad her dysphoria is :( and I think a lot of trans kids can relate to that shock (while not literally dying…). Also shout out to Kotaro for not outing her and for even calling the other zombies idiots for making a big deal out of it (cuz obviously some of them didn’t know how to handle it, with them being confused as to whether they should call her Masao now even tho she is very obviously still Lily and prefers Lily.) Also when the dad said the line “I know that girl can’t be Masao.” i choked up. It was such a beautifully tragic moment of acceptance. This show does a great job of balancing comedy and heartfelt emotions honestly because I still laughed in this episode too (Lily’s dad is…Huge.) and this shows stellar character writing is what makes those heartfelt moments really land. I’m glad they didn’t make a joke out of her being trans and the show was overall very respectful of her identity. I’m happy none of the girls switched up on her and kept this lighthearted. Just UGH A GREAT EPISODE AND DEFINITELY MY FAVORITE SO FAR.
Jul 12, 2021 6:15 AM

May 2020
This song broke me man, especially the part where the father began to ugly cry
Aug 12, 2021 12:10 PM
Jul 2018
damn what an absolutely beautiful episode, didnt expect zombieland saga to be this based.
Oct 6, 2021 6:19 PM

May 2012
Knew about the Lily twist coming in since that's what everyone was talking about back when this first aired (also a very rare topic in anime, good on them for including it), but damn I didn't expect such an emotional episode to come out of it.

I feel really bad for the dad, he lost his child so early, and then the song she sang to him hit me right in the kokoro.

Great episode. I like that we got to see an face-to-face interaction between one of the zombie idols and someone from the time they were alive, I was thinking something like that would just get casually tossed out the window and never brought up. Makes me wonder what would happen with some of the other girls who have been dead for longer, if people from their past will recognize them and how they would react.
Oct 20, 2021 6:17 PM
Oct 2020
exciting just

Lily's story broke my heart and I cried

and this ep was by far one of the best, the final song was touching

simply speechless
Oct 27, 2021 4:34 PM
Daydreamer

Mar 2020
wow... eyes wet when you don't expect
Nov 3, 2021 5:23 PM

May 2015
This Episode: 10/10

This Thread: 0/10
Nov 26, 2021 11:58 AM

Oct 2018
Came here to see what people thought of the episode and I'm disappointed to find this to be the dumbest and most toxic MAL discussion post I have ever seen. Jesus Christ
Dec 25, 2021 7:45 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
I thought its just a joke with the chin hair, leg hair, and then manly name, Masao, by how every dang shit on these idol show were an absolute fun pun and comedy. But, damn, son, wtf with that Lily revelation. I honestly don't see that coming from a miles, even needed to check on wiki to know more of the truth (f to mal page, when i need your character information much, you don't show it up, big f!). If i don't coming up to see this chaotic discussion thread, i might never trust it to myself. Still yeah, another spoonfeed episode of Lily that clear more it up, coming at the Revenge season episode, which honestly i just spoiled myself about that. So anyway, that's it Lily spotlight for you! Seriously the director really likes to caught me off guard everytime with its freshly move, really. So, congratulations! *Koutarou-sama scream style*.
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Dec 29, 2021 12:03 PM

Nov 2017
Hm, so that's why she reacted the way she did when they went to the hot springs. It makes sense now. So Lily died because of a heart attack? That also makes sense why her heart is out like that.

Really wasn't expecting this episode to hit as heavy as it did. But this was a cute and wholesome episode! :-)
Jan 13, 2022 7:19 PM

Jan 2015
The waterworks, tears kept flowing. As someone who loves my television (not like, TV networks, but y'know, watching film, anime, all that on my TV) as well as well, mediums like film, for the emotions they are able to bring, I found the dad to be a relatable guy at the start, which helped make it upsetting when it was the source of drama with Lily, but this made it so, so nice to see things resolved.
Cool to finally see someone recognized for their past life, too, surprised it took until now but I'm not complaining, the pace of the season has been really well done.
Wonderful episode, was sniffling by the end.
Feb 14, 2022 6:55 PM

Jul 2014
I spit on this thread

Cute ep
Apr 27, 2022 11:22 PM

May 2019
Absolutely beautiful episode. I decided to watch Zombie Land Saga this after seeing Hideri done dirty as a trans girl in Blend-S, and tried to find some actual good representation in anime, and I heard Zombie Land approaches the topic much better... and wow, this episode blew me away. Best episode of the series so far. Avoided all the (very dated) standard trans girl tropes most anime falls victim to. Hopefully this bodes well for future representation in anime.

Lily-chan is totemo totemo kawaii.
Jun 8, 2022 5:10 AM
Apr 2021
such a great ep. ;-;
Aug 29, 2022 1:32 PM
Aug 2018
Tears, Its hard to make me cry, but, tears
Oct 6, 2022 12:52 AM
munchmunch

Aug 2019
amazing that something so ridiculous can be so sad at the same time xD

everytime saki calls her shrimpy I die a bit inside

Oct 31, 2022 1:45 PM
Jun 2020
Deals with serious issues but still very absurd and grotesque. Kinda liked it to be honest, dealt with it better than Danganronpa did imo.
Oct 31, 2022 1:51 PM
Jun 2020
Okay, I just read all of y'alls comments... You do realize trans people exist? And some of the "Lily's a boy" comments are really indelicate to be frank. We all know the series is satirical, doesn't mean you have to spill your guts about how much you despise trans characters and how they ruin all anime in here. Expected better from you to be honest
Nov 15, 2022 6:37 AM

Oct 2022
That was a sweet episode. It was a really great watch. And yes, Lily is adorable; and she has the best pouts too.

I wonder how they are going to show the
best legend's end.
Feb 19, 2023 5:54 AM
Aug 2017
Really enjoyed lilys backstory until it said she died from a hair on her face 💀💀

I get she was really stressed but how does a hair finish the job

Smh
Aug 10, 2023 1:41 AM
Jun 2020
this episode made me cry
Oct 19, 2023 7:01 AM

Mar 2016
I came here to say this my fav ep, and after reading the comments I had no idea she was a he lol. I think she's my fav chara now
Dec 7, 2023 2:26 PM

Jan 2019
This thread is absolutely disgusting. Lily is a transgender child. Not a trap. Not a loli. It's gross to even suggest something even remotely erotic in nature regarding a child.
why am i plagued with furry jokes everywhere I go
Dec 16, 2023 8:41 AM

Nov 2023
Lily information new stuff lezzgo
Jan 4, 9:17 PM

Dec 2022
damn really sad man, some real child actor exploitation true story stuff. some tragic 'be careful what you wish for because you just might get it' kind of fable
Jan 18, 4:18 AM

Jan 2008
The thread comments from 2018 are really telling.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Feb 27, 12:44 PM
Feb 2023
good. plain and simple. good.
Apr 5, 12:11 PM

Jun 2015
So Lily turns out to be a boy and he died from shock when he started going into puberty. Talk about dramatic.

This here is why parents mustn't raise their children anything else other than themselves. They can convince them all they want that they are the opposite sex, but their bodies don't lie. The result is psychological and physical damage.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Apr 5, 12:18 PM

Jun 2015
Reply to shimada_m
For the sake of GOd please someone explain to me which part in the episode does state Lily Hoshikawa is a trap
@shimada_m Masao
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2018

293 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 4:29 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2018

138 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 3:56 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2018

117 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2018

171 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 11:19 AM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2018

159 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 4, 11:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.