Forum Settings
Forums
New
Should there be more rap in anime?
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 21, 2018 7:41 PM

May 2016
I don't like rap very much, never have. Since everything remotely impressive about rap is in the lyrics, it would mean absolutely nothing to me since I don't speak Japanese.
Nov 21, 2018 7:41 PM
May 2018
BokoHaramSenpai said:
if anything i wish there was less
i already have to hear it constantly on public transit and around the neighborhood

Your avatar is very telling in this regard, no offense.
Nov 21, 2018 7:49 PM
Jul 2018
PinkZach said:
I don't like rap very much, never have. Since everything remotely impressive about rap is in the lyrics, it would mean absolutely nothing to me since I don't speak Japanese.

Rap is also about the delivery, flow, beat. I think a lot of people enjoyed the rap battle scene from Zombieland Saga because of how hilarious the idea of high-pitched voiced little girls rapping like thugs sounded.
Nov 21, 2018 8:01 PM

Feb 2018
Kappaface said:
BokoHaramSenpai said:
if anything i wish there was less
i already have to hear it constantly on public transit and around the neighborhood

no worries, i dont get offended by the internet
which one?
the profile or the forum one?
Nov 21, 2018 8:10 PM
May 2018
BokoHaramSenpai said:
Kappaface said:

no worries, i dont get offended by the internet
which one?
the profile or the forum one?

I haven´t clicked onto your profile if it puts you at ease.
Nov 21, 2018 8:18 PM
Sep 2017
KyouKaiTen said:
Yes, I love rape, there should be more rape scene like in Goblin Slayer

ohhhhh that made me laugh.

also I think raping scenes are great and we need more idols, like the ones in Zombieland Saga, raping.
what the fuck am I supposed to write here?
Nov 21, 2018 8:19 PM

Jun 2017
It'd be great if there's ever a remake of Slam Dunk, the OST would be made up of just City Pop and Hip Hop so it has a similar vibe to that of the original one but at the same time with a more modern and urban atmosphere. I'd love to see Kendrick Lamar's God being used as the ending song for Slam Dunk :)

Yes I wish there was more hip hop or variety in the music used for soundtracks in Anime, but it really depends on the tone of the series, and if this fits with certain styles of music such as Hip-Hop, R&B and Soul...

Nov 21, 2018 11:13 PM

Nov 2018
I think it's a lot of rap in anime, especially openings. Rap is my favorite genre so I think it's suffice already.
Nov 21, 2018 11:22 PM

Feb 2016
No. Rap in anime sounds extremely cringey, including that rap battle from Zombieland Saga
Nov 21, 2018 11:46 PM

Dec 2017
Has to be in context. Stuff like CGDCT animes should not have any rap. But shit like Gankutsuou or Rainbow need to have a KILLSHOT equivalent. Eminem dropped that shit harder than the price of bitcoin LOL.
Nov 21, 2018 11:59 PM

Apr 2013
No, I don't like rap all that much in general. But in anime sounds out of place most of the time imo.
Nov 22, 2018 12:10 AM

Sep 2016
Oh look.. instead of the typical MAL thread of 'I don't like something so it needs to be eliminated from anime', it's a 'I really like something so it needs to be injected into more anime' thread.

Not just NO!, HELL NO!
Anyone that thinks there should be, needs to be scheduled for a lobotomy.

Funny how so many people nearly have a melt-down if they think anime might become influenced by the West, then turn around and say they want more rap music in anime.

You're never too old to watch anime.
If I ever stop watching anime, check my pulse I'm likely dead.

I wake up with coffee & anime, I go to sleep with coffee & anime.

Sorry if my sarcasm is bad, it's not my first language.

Nov 22, 2018 12:37 AM
Jul 2018
xfinityretaile1 said:
I think it's a lot of rap in anime, especially openings. Rap is my favorite genre so I think it's suffice already.

Really? I can barely name any anime that has rap in it.

-Funland- said:
Has to be in context. Stuff like CGDCT animes should not have any rap. But shit like Gankutsuou or Rainbow need to have a KILLSHOT equivalent. Eminem dropped that shit harder than the price of bitcoin LOL.

By "Killshot equivalent" do you mean have AMAZING rap? What does CGDCT stand for? Also, I don't think Rainbow has any rap in it.

Older_than_dirt said:

Funny how so many people nearly have a melt-down if they think anime might become influenced by the West, then turn around and say they want more rap music in anime.

What's funny about that? If you like something...then you probably want it to be in another thing you like. I like rap and anime, so rap + anime = win win for me.
removed-userNov 22, 2018 12:40 AM
Nov 22, 2018 12:40 AM
Jul 2018
BackstageMage said:
I liked the raping in Devilman and that's about it

i thought the ghostly pale photographer was actually kind of hot myself
Nov 22, 2018 11:10 AM

Dec 2017
HopefulNihilist said:

By "Killshot equivalent" do you mean have AMAZING rap? What does CGDCT stand for? Also, I don't think Rainbow has any rap in it.

lol you've watched way more animes than me; can't believe you don't know what CGDCT stands for. Cute Girls Doing Cute Things. Stuff like Gochiusa would be categorized as CGDCT. And yes, I do mean amazing rap. Rainbow does not have a rap but my point was that it should have since them boys were in the hood and prison and shit.
Nov 22, 2018 11:22 AM
Jul 2018
FUCK NO! That shit should stay the fuck away! It's not even a music, more like garbage shit for brain-dead crack-heads.
Nov 22, 2018 1:00 PM

Nov 2013
ThdButterMan said:
KyouKaiTen said:
Yes, I love rape, there should be more rape scene like in Goblin Slayer

ohhhhh that made me laugh.

also I think raping scenes are great and we need more idols, like the ones in Zombieland Saga, raping.

ohhh that made me laugh too, double laugh
“You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest. Because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.”
Nov 22, 2018 1:03 PM

Aug 2018
I don't fking care about that... pretty unique topic tho.
Nov 22, 2018 1:05 PM

Aug 2016
Don't like rap at all, so I voted no. But rap in devilman crybaby was
ok.
Nov 22, 2018 1:26 PM

Nov 2014
No. I don't like rap and all the examples of it in anime I saw so far lowered my enjoyment.
Nov 22, 2018 2:13 PM

Sep 2018
After Devilman Crybaby, absolutely.
Nov 22, 2018 2:16 PM

Jan 2014
uninstallthegame said:
if you guys have some good rap clips, i would like to watch them. as for some of them are really well done, like the ones from Devilman: Crybaby and Zombieland Saga
i think creating a rap song has more difficulties, more verses, more bars to come up with. yeah, i really wish for some more rapping in animu

The rap scenes from Megalo Box are sick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7GqbDVMNXQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbQLCvMi6i8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP5v3OraNm8&t=2s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzYf8hmtVbg
AstZeroNov 22, 2018 2:28 PM
The beauty of humans is that they say one thing then do another, but at the same time that can also be their ugliest side.
Nov 22, 2018 4:06 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
-Funland- said:

Rainbow would be borderline unwatchable if it had rap in it lol
Nov 22, 2018 4:09 PM

Mar 2016
Not a big fan of rap, especially modern rap which is shit. So no I don’t want it in anime.
Nov 23, 2018 5:12 AM

Jun 2009
wtf, of course not. Seriously, wtf?
Nov 23, 2018 6:12 AM

Nov 2017
I don't care. I'd like to hear less of any kind of music (aside matching background music).
𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘥𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶?
𝘐'𝘮 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘴𝘵𝘶𝘤𝘬 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶.

¡ǝɯ ɥʇᴉʍ ǝɹǝɥ uᴉ ʞɔnʇs ǝɹ,no⅄
Nov 23, 2018 6:40 AM

Jul 2015
pls dont as long as its not amamiya sora rapping

Well...
Nov 23, 2018 7:07 AM

Jan 2016
Yes. That rap in Devilman: Crybaby is good.
Nov 23, 2018 7:09 AM

Feb 2018
Nah, but I would like to see some more metal in anime.
Nov 23, 2018 7:20 AM

Apr 2015
Why not, Japan seems to have pretty big hip hop scene. Only Japanese rapper I listen is DAOKO and her voice actually would fit cute anime girl, Chanmina I don't really like but same attitude that she has wouldn't be that bad incorporate in anime song.
Nov 23, 2018 8:24 AM

Feb 2010
Older_than_dirt said:
Oh look.. instead of the typical MAL thread of 'I don't like something so it needs to be eliminated from anime', it's a 'I really like something so it needs to be injected into more anime' thread.

Not just NO!, HELL NO!

So your best reply is your own variation of 'I don't like it so it should never be in anime'?
You're becoming what you're criticizing. OP just asked a question, no mention of 'needing to inject' anything. Your needless aggression is just off-putting.

Plus idk when I've last seen you write a reply to ANY thread that didn't just shit on it and whoever made it. Why are you even on the MAL forums at this point? You're just becoming one of the more toxic elements of AD at this rate.
I probably regret this post by now.
Nov 23, 2018 8:49 AM

Dec 2015
It would be interesting to see how they use it. I've never seen it aside from OP's. That being said Ayakashi: Japanese Classic Horror has some really good rapping in there.

konkelo said:
Why not, Japan seems to have pretty big hip hop scene. Only Japanese rapper I listen is DAOKO and her voice actually would fit cute anime girl, Chanmina I don't really like but same attitude that she has wouldn't be that bad incorporate in anime song.

If you like Daoko you should try Bonjour Suzuki out. She has a similar voice to Daoko and her style is pretty similar to what you find on Ututu.
Nov 23, 2018 8:53 AM
Apr 2018
We need more Metal in anime. I feel like it's even more rare than rap in anime personally.
Nov 23, 2018 8:59 AM
Dec 2013
It's one of my favourite music genres, so yeah, I wish there was more rap in anime.
Nov 23, 2018 9:02 AM

Apr 2015
holysauron said:
konkelo said:

If you like Daoko you should try Bonjour Suzuki out. She has a similar voice to Daoko and her style is pretty similar to what you find on Ututu.

Thanks for recommend, will check her music out, I only knew her Yuri Kuma Arashi op song.
Nov 23, 2018 9:53 AM

Oct 2017
Well, not really a fan of rap but the rap in Zombieland Saga was somewhat great. So yeah, wouldn't mind seeing more of such things.

Older_than_dirt said:

Except that it's not.

Older_than_dirt said:
Not just NO!, HELL NO!

I respect your concern but, apparently, you're far more suited for it.
Nov 23, 2018 10:59 AM

Jan 2015
Yess! Samurai Champloo did that perfectly imo. It especially works well because it's a historic anime so it's completely opposite of rap. It totally made the topic fresh and modern :) I really hope someone would make something like that again.
I also really liked the rapper group in Devilman Crybaby.

Nov 23, 2018 11:16 AM

Dec 2016
i think it wouldn't fit in with a lot of animes so there wouldn't be much point in having it in the first place. that said, stuff like banana fish/devilman crybaby (with a more modern western setting) would be nice to see with more rapping.

though, it seems to me that the soundtrack would take more of a hiphop route than a rap route if it was to be liked. rap's usually more about the words (be it rhyming or word play or lyricism) which would cause an issue when being translated - you'd have to focus a lot more on getting a good flow to listen to, rather than the lyrics.
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Nov 23, 2018 11:22 AM

Sep 2018
No, rap is quite possibly the worst thing that could happen to anime apart from SJWs.
Nov 23, 2018 12:20 PM

Dec 2017
DepravedMagi said:
-Funland- said:

Rainbow would be borderline unwatchable if it had rap in it lol

excuse me? Eminem, kanye, drake voicing would be fucking bomb. Better take that back
Nov 23, 2018 2:18 PM
Aug 2018
Definitely, but only if done right. Like in Gurren Laggan & Persona 3 & 4 and Megalo Boxing for example.
Nov 23, 2018 3:45 PM

Dec 2016
i really hope that never becomes the new trend
it's nice the few times it fits the anime or when it's done right, but most of it would just be annoying or painfully bad
Nov 23, 2018 3:47 PM

Sep 2014
only if moe anime girls in the anime did the rapping.
Nov 23, 2018 9:58 PM

Nov 2018
Maybe but i want more Eurobeat music in anime other than Initial D.
Anime sucks, all of them are bad and that's a fact!
Nov 23, 2018 11:17 PM

Jul 2016
In Devilman Crybaby and Zombie Land Saga rap had narrative purpose. It was also performed really well in both shows. I don't want rap to be thrown in for the sake of it.
Nov 24, 2018 12:57 AM

May 2017
Yes, since it's really rare to find some rap anime although it might be sht
Nov 24, 2018 1:02 AM

Jan 2017
No more rap and from what heard in Zombieland Saga, then I also don't want Japanese rap.
Nov 24, 2018 1:04 AM
Jul 2018
I want more Japanese Linkin Park!

Nov 24, 2018 6:27 AM

Jan 2014
Tapertrain said:
In Devilman Crybaby and Zombie Land Saga rap had narrative purpose. It was also performed really well in both shows. I don't want rap to be thrown in for the sake of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7GqbDVMNXQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbQLCvMi6i8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP5v3OraNm8&t=2s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzYf8hmtVbg
The beauty of humans is that they say one thing then do another, but at the same time that can also be their ugliest side.
Nov 24, 2018 7:30 AM

Nov 2011
The less of it that I hear, the better.

Not really my kind of music.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» thoughts on Chinese anime? ( 1 2 3 4 )

ryo-san - Mar 6, 2022

174 by ColourWheel »»
6 minutes ago

» Anime show good at portraying female drama/toxicity?

passtur - Yesterday

34 by JKKH »»
11 minutes ago

» Reason versus emotion in the perception of anime

RobertBobert - Apr 14

6 by APolygons2 »»
21 minutes ago

» angry sub only users

Yorda_trico - 5 hours ago

38 by Zettaiken »»
47 minutes ago

» What percentage of anime that you've seen did you pirate? ( 1 2 3 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 13

122 by neolucaman »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.