Forum Settings
Forums

Question to those who think there are millions of genders and support LGBT

New
Nov 20, 2018 10:30 AM
Feb 2017
Just a question for those who I've stated in the title, doesn't the B stand for Bisexual, as in 2 genders? Discuss, as I'd like to have a civil conversation as to why that is.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 20, 2018 10:32 AM
Oct 2018
Ordinary men discuss people , extraordinary discuss ideas and I have no clue what you want to discuss 😁
Nov 20, 2018 10:43 AM

Jul 2014
..Checkmate!? Or, rather:

Nov 20, 2018 10:54 AM

Jun 2015
I hate the hundreds of gender bs, but some people use the term pansexual.

set by secret santa ; thank you! ily ♥️
Nov 20, 2018 10:56 AM

Aug 2012
This is generally an invalid argument because several occurrences happen in terms of terminologies being the same over years but development contradicts the original terminology. It is usually kept to coin appreciation towards the original person who made it up. But +1 for the effort, OP.
Nov 20, 2018 11:15 AM
Feb 2017
Yarub said:
This is generally an invalid argument because several occurrences happen in terms of terminologies being the same over years but development contradicts the original terminology. It is usually kept to coin appreciation towards the original person who made it up. But +1 for the effort, OP.

I mean if you would like to provide evidence over there being more than 2 genders go ahead. I'd also like you to find one biology scientist that actually has scientific evidence over this fact. Because as far as science tells, it'll always be 2 so the terminology is actually correct scientifically, but it's not correct if you're playing make believe million genders. I'll +2 ya if you are able to find real evidence.
Nov 20, 2018 11:26 AM
Jul 2018
i don't believe there are a million genders
pretty sure that's what it stands for and they are part of the LGBTQ+ community which is why the b is part of the word "LGBTQ+"
pretty self-explanatory if you ask me
Nov 20, 2018 11:29 AM

Sep 2018
k, firstly

gender does not equal sex and netiher of those equal sexuality

gender = social/psychological construct

sex = biological, physical body

sexuality = gender/sex you are attracted to

So you can be biologically male (sex) but feel that you are psycholoically female (gender) and be attracted to men (sexuality).
Nov 20, 2018 12:31 PM
Nov 2018
Hey i identify as a doorknob and if you have a problem with that you should probably shoot me for being a retard.
Nov 20, 2018 12:37 PM

May 2017
I personally don't believe that there are more than two genders. But if someone identifies as something other than male/female, I genuinely don't give two shits. It's not my life, it's theirs and I'll respect that with whatever pronouns.

I mean, those who identify as non-binary are nor hurting anyone. It's seriously not that big of a deal to refer to them with certain pronouns, it requires 0 effort.

The only thing I get pissed off about is when people get mad at me for assuming their gender when we just met. Like, it's fine to correct me, but don't get so defensive...
Nov 20, 2018 12:45 PM

Mar 2014
No, bisexual stands for two and sex as in two SEXES, NOT "two genders". If the word referred to gender then bisexuals would be called bigenderals, but they aren't, because people aren't attracted to "gender identities".

People not understanding that the sex in bisexual refers to the two biological sexes (male and female) and not some gender BS is the very reason why there are idiots who claim they are pansexual or that lesbians must sleep with trans women because their penis is now a feminine penis.
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Nov 20, 2018 12:50 PM

Jan 2009
Sex redefined
The idea of two sexes is simplistic. Biologists now think there is a wider spectrum than that.
https://www.nature.com/news/sex-redefined-1.16943 - do note that nature is a very well respected science organization

bisexual does not mean 2 genders but rather a bisexual person is both sexually attracted to males and females a like

there is also the kinsey scale https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinsey_scale
rating of 1-5 is bisexual

Rating Description
0 Exclusively heterosexual
1 Predominantly heterosexual, only incidentally homosexual
2 Predominantly heterosexual, but more than incidentally homosexual
3 Equally heterosexual and homosexual
4 Predominantly homosexual, but more than incidentally heterosexual
5 Predominantly homosexual, only incidentally heterosexual
6 Exclusively homosexual
X No socio-sexual contacts or reactions
Nov 20, 2018 12:59 PM

Mar 2014
deg said:
Sex redefined
The idea of two sexes is simplistic. Biologists now think there is a wider spectrum than that.
https://www.nature.com/news/sex-redefined-1.16943 - do note that nature is a very well respected science organization
Intersex people are still male and female, they aren't a separate sex. Being intersex is also completely different from being transexual.
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Nov 20, 2018 1:04 PM

Jan 2009
Comic_Sans said:
deg said:
Sex redefined
Intersex people are still male and female, they aren't a separate sex. Being intersex is also completely different from being transexual.

biologists are saying sex is a spectrum now though so there are sexes between the 2 extreme side of male and female, just like how the kinsey scale acts like a spectrum for heterosexuality and homosexuality
Nov 20, 2018 1:08 PM
May 2018
There are men, and there are women.

Two genders.

End of discussion.
Nov 20, 2018 1:13 PM

Mar 2014
deg said:
biologists are saying sex is a spectrum now though so there are sexes between the 2 extreme side of male and female, just like how the kinsey scale acts like a spectrum for heterosexuality and homosexuality
No, trans activists in biologists' clothing are saying that sex is a spectrum. Intersex people do not prove the existence of a sex spectrum, even less the existence of non-binary BS. https://twitter.com/mrkhtake2/status/1036307008318779395
Nico- said:
Nov 20, 2018 1:29 PM

Aug 2012
BlakexEkalb said:
Yarub said:

I mean if you would like to provide evidence over there being more than 2 genders go ahead. I'd also like you to find one biology scientist that actually has scientific evidence over this fact. Because as far as science tells, it'll always be 2 so the terminology is actually correct scientifically, but it's not correct if you're playing make believe million genders. I'll +2 ya if you are able to find real evidence.

Where have I said that I would provide evidence for that? I just plainly said that your argument is invalid because it relies on the literal meaning of 'bisexual'. The basis of your argument is that bi means two, and people who advocate for multiple genders accept the term 'bisexual' and thus you say they admittedly contradict themselves. But this is not an issue, since terminologies in 'unscientific' realms tend not to be changed all that often. I'll +3 ya if you understand my post correctly this time.
Nov 20, 2018 1:40 PM

Nov 2015
Just say you believe in 2 genders and go. I personally don't have an opinion on this subject, it's just dumb on both sides.

G8 B8 M8 NO H8
Nov 20, 2018 1:43 PM

Feb 2018
I can believe that there are 2 genders and still be pro-LGBT.

On another note, have you ever heard of hermaphroditism, OP? Did you know that some organisms can change gender at will? I'd study some basic biology before saying ignorant things.

Oh, and intersex people also exist.
ExecCuteNov 20, 2018 1:49 PM
Nov 20, 2018 1:55 PM

Mar 2014
ExecCute said:
What does that have to do with anything?
Nico- said:
Nov 20, 2018 1:55 PM

Feb 2018
Comic_Sans said:
ExecCute said:
What does that have to do with anything?

I'm pretty sure those people are confused about their identities sometimes.
Nov 20, 2018 1:57 PM

Mar 2014
ExecCute said:
And? How does that prove that bisexuality doesn't refer to "attraction to two sexes"?
Nico- said:
Nov 20, 2018 1:57 PM

Feb 2018
Comic_Sans said:
ExecCute said:
And? How does that prove that bisexuality doesn't refer to "attraction to two sexes"?

I never said anything about bisexuality.
Nov 20, 2018 1:59 PM

Mar 2014
ExecCute said:
So what are you referring to then? What does "intersex people are sometimes confused" prove or not prove?
Nico- said:
Nov 20, 2018 2:03 PM

Feb 2018
Comic_Sans said:
ExecCute said:
So what are you referring to then? What does "intersex people are sometimes confused" prove or not prove?

I never said I believed in 2000 genders.

But sometimes people can be both male and female, and also have identity issues/gender dysphoria.

Also, what does gender have to do with being LGBT supportive?
Nov 20, 2018 2:05 PM

Jun 2011
I believe in 3 genders.

Kinda like I believe in 3 Sexualities.

Hetero, Homo, and Bi. Bisexual may mean 2, however, I feel like bisexuals are more like "I like two or more" you know? Pansexual is just an evolution of what bisexual has always meant because people keep pointing out the bi in bisexual.

The more appropriate way to explain it is homo (same), Hetero (different), and non-mono (meaning more than one).

Third gender identification has gone on for a long time. It isn't new.

There is Asexuality but that is kinda the none of the above option.

Third gender can more than encompass varying not considered normal things from intersex to trans to just someone who crossdresses as a lifestyle.
Energetic-NovaNov 20, 2018 2:10 PM
The anime community in a nutshell.
Nov 20, 2018 2:13 PM

Mar 2014
ExecCute said:

But sometimes people can be both male and female, and also have identity issues/gender dysphoria.
Intersex people are either male or female. Once again, what do identity issues and gender dysphoria have to do with anything?
Nothing. The "sex" in "sexuality" refers to sex.
Comic_SansNov 20, 2018 2:18 PM
Nico- said:
Nov 20, 2018 2:23 PM

Feb 2018
Comic_Sans said:
ExecCute said:

Intersex people are either male or female. Once again, what do identity issues and gender dysphoria have to do with anything?
Nothing. The "sex" in "sexuality" refers to sex.

Definition of intersex= a person who is born with a combination of male and female biological characteristics, such as chromosomes or genitals, that can make doctors unable to assign their sex as distinctly male or female.

People with identity issues/gender dysphoria sometimes transition.
Nov 20, 2018 2:25 PM

Mar 2014
ExecCute said:
Definition of intersex= a person who is born with a combination of male and female biological characteristics, such as chromosomes or genitals, that can make doctors unable to assign their sex as distinctly male or female.
You don't understand the definition you're quoting. Read the twitter thread I linked to earlier.
And?
Nico- said:
Nov 20, 2018 2:29 PM

Feb 2018
Comic_Sans said:
ExecCute said:
You don't understand the definition you're quoting. Read the twitter thread I linked to earlier.
And?

What are you trying to argue? I don't understand what's so unclear about what I said .
Nov 20, 2018 2:30 PM

Mar 2014
ExecCute said:
What are you trying to argue? I don't understand what's so unclear about what I said .
Have you read the Twitter thread I linked to?
Nico- said:
Nov 20, 2018 2:31 PM

Feb 2018
Comic_Sans said:
ExecCute said:
Have you read the Twitter thread I linked to?

I never claimed that sex was a spectrum?
Nov 20, 2018 2:33 PM

Mar 2014
ExecCute said:
You claimed that intersex means both male and female. I answered that you don't understand what intersex conditions are and told you to read the Twitter thread I linked to.
Nico- said:
Nov 20, 2018 2:38 PM

Feb 2018
Comic_Sans said:
ExecCute said:
You claimed that intersex means both male and female. I answered that you don't understand what intersex conditions are and told you to read the Twitter thread I linked to.

I wonder what the lady in the Twitter thread would say to this article.
https://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=84183
Nov 20, 2018 2:42 PM

Mar 2014
ExecCute said:
She would tell you that you don't understand the definitions you're linking to. Again, read the goddamn Twitter thread, because it's all addressed in there.
Nico- said:
Nov 20, 2018 2:50 PM

Aug 2017
bisexuality is primarily liking two genders but you can also be bi and focus on a broader spectrum, it kind of depends on the person and how they choose to label themselves

pansexuality is more or less not giving a fuck for someone's gender identity which is different
Nov 20, 2018 2:51 PM

Dec 2017
BlakexEkalb said:
doesn't the B stand for Bisexual, as in 2 genders? .

Is there any chance bisexual refers to the two sexes instead?
Nov 20, 2018 2:53 PM

Mar 2014
Abayo said:
Is there any chance bisexual refers to the two sexes instead?
YES! EXACTLY! FINALLY SOMEBODY GETS IT!
Nico- said:
Nov 20, 2018 3:03 PM

Mar 2008
Sex is an umbrella term for what is determined by:
Primary sexual traits
Secondary sexual traits (what comes in at puberty)
Chromosomes
Internal sexual organs
Reproductive function

These can take multiple combinations. For example there are on rare occasions females born with XY chromosomes (which is what males normally have while females normally have XX) and they look like any ordinary girl inside their body and outside their body. If I recall right they are sterile in such cases.

Then there is gender. Gender although can also mean sex it also is a thing in it's own. Gender is gender identity which is based off of gender roles. Gender roles are based on societal determined norms. These norms change over time and between cultures. Gender is not a material thing but an idea.

The concept of many genders is due to a misunderstanding of social constructs. Instead of calling the binary sexes out as a phantasm rejecting the notion of gender it instead becomes a personal identity for some people because they don't feel they fit in traditional gender roles and want an identity to attach to it to affirm that further expanding the social construct. People like this aren't really that different from people that believe in two genders because none actually exist as physical things. Sometimes people also give gender a metaphysical property to it so it's like a difference in spiritual or religious views.
Nov 20, 2018 3:09 PM

Feb 2018
Comic_Sans said:
ExecCute said:
She would tell you that you don't understand the definitions you're linking to. Again, read the goddamn Twitter thread, because it's all addressed in there.

She never really explains how someone can be considered one gender when they literally have testicles and ovaries.
Nov 20, 2018 3:11 PM

Mar 2014
ExecCute said:
She never really explains how someone can be considere one gender when they literally have testicles and ovaries.
She does. Also, it's sex, not gender.
Nico- said:
Nov 20, 2018 3:13 PM

Aug 2015
bisexuals can be attracted to two or more genders, not that difficult
i bet op thinks 'my gender is apache helicopter' jokes are hilarious
Nov 20, 2018 3:13 PM
Jul 2018
I support lgbt people, I just don't believe there are a million genders.
I'm bisexual myself
Nov 20, 2018 3:39 PM

Aug 2014
Bisexual means that you are sexually attracted to both males and females. It has nothing to do with your gender identity.
Nov 20, 2018 3:40 PM

Mar 2014
Soon bisexual will be a transphobic term and they'll have to change it ffs lmaoooooo
Nov 20, 2018 4:15 PM

Oct 2014
Lmao the damage controlling this thread, just say it's an example of word evolution and call it a day with a semi-L.

OT:Bisexual clearly refers to gender guys, calm down.

Nov 20, 2018 4:25 PM

Sep 2018
I consider myself to be a bisexual, and I’m even beginning to start questioning my own gender identity but in all honestly a lot of the gender stuff hurts my head a bit. I haven’t done too much real research, I’m going off of my own feelings and experiences. I don’t fit gender role norms.
I believe there’s female, male, or a non-binary label. To me, I’ve always believed that non-binary people are included under the bisexual attraction umbrella because they’re like the gray area of being both or neither female or male.
Energetic-Nova said:
I feel like bisexuals are more like "I like two or more" you know? Pansexual is just an evolution of what bisexual has always meant because people keep pointing out the bi in bisexual
I think this better explains what I’m trying to say. Bisexual ignores labels and is more focused on the actual sex of the person.
Nov 20, 2018 4:42 PM
Aug 2018
I believe in transmigration therefor I believe there is possible for ones atman to be born into the wrong body. But I also believe that to break the chains of Samara you have to be above gender (one thing I can not do in this life time). So maybe those who define as something else is still searching for their paramatma to be free and achieve apotheosis.
Nov 20, 2018 4:58 PM

Aug 2014
Venomous said:
Bisexual clearly refers to gender guys, calm down.

Sex (biological), gender (psychological identity), and sexuality (sexual orientation, such as heterosexual or homosexual) are all different things.

Bisexual falls under the latter category. It does *not* refer to gender identity. Here is what it actually means:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bisexuality
Bisexuality is romantic attraction, sexual attraction, or sexual behavior toward both males and females, or romantic or sexual attraction to people of any sex or gender identity; this latter aspect is sometimes alternatively termed pansexuality.

A person can be bisexual regardless of whether they are male, female, non-binary, cis, trans, etc.

For reference:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_identity
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cisgender
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transgender
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genderqueer
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_orientation

Oh, and I'll get to that other reply sooner or later. I'm real busy...heh.
SmugSatokoNov 20, 2018 6:53 PM
Nov 20, 2018 7:07 PM

Jun 2011
juiccbox said:
I consider myself to be a bisexual, and I’m even beginning to start questioning my own gender identity but in all honestly a lot of the gender stuff hurts my head a bit. I haven’t done too much real research, I’m going off of my own feelings and experiences. I don’t fit gender role norms.
I believe there’s female, male, or a non-binary label. To me, I’ve always believed that non-binary people are included under the bisexual attraction umbrella because they’re like the gray area of being both or neither female or male.
Energetic-Nova said:
I feel like bisexuals are more like "I like two or more" you know? Pansexual is just an evolution of what bisexual has always meant because people keep pointing out the bi in bisexual
I think this better explains what I’m trying to say. Bisexual ignores labels and is more focused on the actual sex of the person.

People who try to split hairs with bisexual and pansexual really annoy me. I kinda feel like pansexual identity split is really about people questioning the bi meaning two thing. Which honestly has never been what the bisexual identity has been about. It has always been about not giving a fuck. Which is what the pansexual identity says and is more a clarification of what bisexual has always meant.

I was seriously called transphobic for saying I was bisexual to someone who was about 5 years younger than me.

Like if that is true than gay men are misogynist and lesbians are misandrist.
The anime community in a nutshell.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Is this forum dead? It seems like it.

DesuMaiden - Apr 17

40 by Zayvex »»
10 minutes ago

» Anyone had a Drought Emergancy declared for their area?

vasipi4946 - 2 hours ago

7 by xthewarwithinx »»
26 minutes ago

» How many B Vitamin pills can one take a day ?

scarydragon - 4 hours ago

8 by logopolis »»
33 minutes ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - 10 hours ago

15 by traed »»
35 minutes ago

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - 6 hours ago

19 by xthewarwithinx »»
42 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.