Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 19, 2018 2:07 PM

Jul 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yin obtains the black fire armor prototype and gains a very strong power up. She seems to have good control of it for the moment, let's hope using it doesn't gets a toll on her. Also Zhao is developing his own black fire armor in the Empire, I wonder if we will have success, and if he has, who would use it (in before Ning).

The woman with the mole on the chin that appeared at the beginning of the show also reappears, and has a daughter that is the sister of the Empress. For how things look, it seems a new faction will rise to usurp the throne of the Empire. I can see the possibility of them becoming the actual villains of the story, since the people of the Empire, while ruthless, still want the best for the Empire, making them and the rebels team up against them (pure speculation).
Nov 19, 2018 5:17 PM

Oct 2015
That black fire armor was really awesome on Yin.

Too bad she didn't take the vows to be a family member of rebel force, I guess all she needs is Ning. Speaking of Ning it seems her ditching of her sister hasn't been properly addressed. Anyway I'm not in a hurry for that yet.

This show is really good, too bad people didn't find an interest in it.

Great episode,
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 19, 2018 5:20 PM

Oct 2015
Illyricus said:

The woman with the mole on the chin that appeared at the beginning of the show also reappears, and has a daughter that is the sister of the Empress. For how things look, it seems a new faction will rise I can see the possibility of them becoming the actual villains of the story, since the people of the Empire, while ruthless, still want the best for the Empire, making them and the rebels team up against them (pure speculation).
I think you might be absolutely right though, I can see the story taking that direction too.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 19, 2018 8:05 PM
Nov 2018
Hi! I'm new here so first off, am I one amongst the few that thinks this anime is severely underrated because of the prejudice towards chinese anime of the past in general? This post will be long so bear with me please.

Honestly this show has been my absolute favorite this season. I mean the anime's opening conveys so much emotion and tells of the story in so many subtle ways, its almost like the perfect summary or synopsis.

Want to point out Pu Zhao seems to be attempting to make Mo Heng's fortress that utilizes black fire going by the designs he was shown before the latter's defection not black fire armor.

Starting off with speculations so far, It does seem like the unnamed woman who ordered the assassination will introduce a third faction. With the introduction of her daughter we now have a clear idea of who she is. My speculation is she may be the late Emperor's (other) wife/concubines. We can deduce that Long Cheng has a different mother and her mother was most likely the late Emperor's official wife/Empress.

Pu Zhao bringing back Fu Ning will most likely be the beginning of his downfall in his standings/political position. There is now a legit crime that can be pinned on him which is sheltering a rebel. There is no way Long Cheng can defend him from this if the General's faction were to find out about it or even Long Cheng's two advisors. Heck, Long Cheng herself will see Fu Ning as a love rival for Pu Zhao. I speculate that the general may join the unnamed woman's faction, he seems quite eager to obtain more power and political status.

This brings me to Fu Ning who is honestly this anime's MVP. Her irrational and unpredictable actions, have kept me as an audience, guessing which path the show will take. Her leaving Fu Yin for Pu Zhao was cunningly adorable and most definitely unpredictable. Truly a character trait the oversaturated Harem anime girls need.

In conclusion, I'd love to see a Long Cheng x Pu Zhao romantic pairing. I'd rather the script take the path in which the 3 childhood friends are unable to see their romantic feelings fulfilled. This will show that It wasn't just time and distance that separated them but the choices they made during times of war and the people/faction they met was largely a reason the 3 can not turn back time to their youthful days.
Nov 20, 2018 10:40 AM

May 2018
Is Zhao aware that by bringing in Ning that there will be rivalry between her and Empress Cheng for his affection??????

Ok . looks like that black armor turns Yin into an ancient Chinese Iron Man.
Nov 21, 2018 5:28 AM

May 2017
This went Code Geass real fast, Phu zao will build a Damocles with fleas, great idea

Also, Ning still needs to die

JiangHaoyi1979 said:
Is Zhao aware that by bringing in Ning that there will be rivalry between her and Empress Cheng for his affection????

Looks like it but I'm not sure coz he did use his friendship with the empress as bargain to try and convince Yin so Zhao might actually a dumbass, if anything I'm worried about the empress coz Ning is a huge bitch, especially if that theory that empress will get coup de tat by his other sibling happens
LairucremNov 21, 2018 5:37 AM
Nov 22, 2018 1:06 AM

Oct 2008
Nice! Yin was the first to be able to control black fire power with that armor!
4/5.

Nov 25, 2018 5:52 AM

Jun 2009
mcNosurge said:

This brings me to Fu Ning who is honestly this anime's MVP. Her irrational and unpredictable actions, have kept me as an audience, guessing which path the show will take. Her leaving Fu Yin for Pu Zhao was cunningly adorable and most definitely unpredictable. Truly a character trait the oversaturated Harem anime girls need.

What is adorable about ditching your sister who did everything for you? The most positiv word I have for Ning is selfish…

Lairucrem said:

Looks like it but I'm not sure coz he did use his friendship with the empress as bargain to try and convince Yin so Zhao might actually a dumbass, if anything I'm worried about the empress coz Ning is a huge bitch, especially if that theory that empress will get coup de tat by his other sibling happens

Zhao is a dumbass and Ning a huge bitch. Nothing more to say about these two.
Nov 25, 2018 10:14 AM
Nov 2018
Chiezuru said:

What is adorable about ditching your sister who did everything for you? The most positiv word I have for Ning is selfish…

Ummm.....Realism? And of course the selfishness for love on her part. It also shows that she isnt indecisive like her older sister.

Honestly the last time I came across a good and enjoyable Japanese anime that had manipulative selfish anime girls was White Album 2.

If you like the harem archetypes without any drama between love rivals thats fine.

Chiezuru said:

Zhao is being realistic from his point of view. If you're under the most powerful nation, gained power and a better life, you'd definitely want to hold onto it. I see it all the time in my workplace where guys do a 180 when promoted, becoming just like the asshole boss they said they wont ever be like.

But in Zhao's case, his makes more sense than the ppl in my workplace. Also theres a beauty in the story for whichever path he is to walk.

Will he stay that way and become just like the ppl who destroyed his family and home or will he realize it and seek redemption at the end?
Nov 25, 2018 10:34 AM

Jun 2009
mcNosurge said:
Chiezuru said:

Ummm.....Realism? And of course the selfishness for love on her part. It also shows that she isnt indecisive like her older sister.

Honestly the last time I came across a good and enjoyable Japanese anime that had manipulative selfish anime girls was White Album 2.

If you like the harem archetypes without any drama between love rivals thats fine.

Chiezuru said:

Zhao is being realistic from his point of view. If you're under the most powerful nation, gained power and a better life, you'd definitely want to hold onto it. I see it all the time in my workplace where guys do a 180 when promoted, becoming just like the asshole boss they said they wont ever be like.

But in Zhao's case, his makes more sense than the ppl in my workplace. Also theres a beauty in the story for whichever path he is to walk.

Will he stay that way and become just like the ppl who destroyed his family and home or will he realize it and seek redemption at the end?

Ning wanted to kill the whole empire and one moment later she hops in one of their maschines. THATS what I would call indecisive. It's neither cute nor realistic. And why exactly are your bringing up harem archetypes? Are these two the only charactertypes you know?

IMO Zhao doesn't only want to hold onto the power he gained he is blinded by it. It's like he forgot or just doesn't care anymore what the empire did to his family. Power/money can easily ruin a personality. That's what happend with your coworker and also with Zhao. For the sake of a happy end I'm sure he will get a redemption.
Nov 25, 2018 11:09 AM
Nov 2018
Chiezuru said:

Ning wanted to kill the whole empire and one moment later she hops in one of their maschines. THATS what I would call indecisive. It's neither cute nor realistic. And why exactly are your bringing up harem archetypes? Are these two the only charactertypes you know?

IMO Zhao doesn't only want to hold onto the power he gained he is blinded by it. It's like he forgot or just doesn't care anymore what the empire did to his family. Power/money can easily ruin a personality. That's what happend with your coworker and also with Zhao. For the sake of a happy end I'm sure he will get a redemption.

On the other hand you only seem to know, girl is a bitch or not a bitch. Guy is an asshole are not an asshole.

I made an account here to debate about why I like this show vs the many others being aired at the same time but this is MAL of course so the likes of you are many on here.

And its not just my old co-worker, its a realistic human trait that both power and money changes them. If you cant acknowledge this you either are immature or you've been blinded by power and money yourself.

And yes, Ning's actions CAN be realistic. She chose her desire for Zhao over the war, the empire, her sister, and the rebel alliance. Also majority of choices by women are made emotionally vs logic.

People are selfish beings. Case in point YOU and I are too.
Nov 25, 2018 12:06 PM

Jun 2009
mcNosurge said:
Chiezuru said:

On the other hand you only seem to know, girl is a bitch or not a bitch. Guy is an asshole are not an asshole.

I made an account here to debate about why I like this show vs the many others being aired at the same time but this is MAL of course so the likes of you are many on here.

And its not just my old co-worker, its a realistic human trait that both power and money changes them. If you cant acknowledge this you either are immature or you've been blinded by power and money yourself.

And yes, Ning's actions CAN be realistic. She chose her desire for Zhao over the war, the empire, her sister, and the rebel alliance. Also majority of choices by women are made emotionally vs logic.

People are selfish beings. Case in point YOU and I are too.

You got my answer on your profile. End of discussion for me.
Nov 25, 2018 8:39 PM
Nov 2018
Chiezuru said:

You got my answer on your profile. End of discussion for me.

Just wanna let you know, I still stuck to the general discussion over the 2 characters and why they are refreshing to see in the world of anime with stagnated character archetypes.

On the other hand you offered very little reasons to your dislike of them besides what has already been said. Just to let you know you yourself came off quite antagonistic yourself. And I'll apologize if I myself came off that way too.

Thank you for your time. I'll be sticking around for this show.
Nov 29, 2018 8:59 PM
Oct 2007
I really HATE Ning! Traitorous bitch! She all of a sudden forgives the fucking Empire for killing innocent people including woman and children! Fuck I want her to fucking die for being a self service conniving bitch that cares more for her own comfort than the innocent people being killed for no damn reason!
Dec 4, 2018 5:16 PM

Nov 2013
How Yin used the black flame armor was amazing. Too bad that it also seems to take a toll on the user.

So, the mysterious woman turns out to be another wife of the former Emperor. Understandable, that she wants to overthrow Cheng, since he basically shunned her. And quite careless of Cheng to give her the means to do so.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jul 11, 2019 11:16 PM

Aug 2012
molitar said:
I really HATE Ning! Traitorous bitch! She all of a sudden forgives the fucking Empire for killing innocent people including woman and children! Fuck I want her to fucking die for being a self service conniving bitch that cares more for her own comfort than the innocent people being killed for no damn reason!
I personally hate Yin. Here is the deal: The rebels even if they win they will not do much. When you have many small tribes they will fight continuously for resources. The solution is to reform the empire, punish corruption and military that abuse their power, make the taxes livable, etc. Defeating the Taibai empire will only leave a power void that will be filled by infighting. The only way to prevent these fights is to have a few conditions:
1. the nation to be big enough to self support themselves and defend themselves
2. Not to be too big to become unmanageable
The small clans system does not work. Sooner or later clans of the same ethnicity will have to unite if they want to survive.
About the sister originally she only wanted to be with Zhaou. When she thought he was dead she wanted to punish those guilty of this. But when she found out he is alive she reverted to her original desire.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ken En Ken: Aoki Kagayaki Episode 13 Discussion

winddevil1 - Dec 24, 2018

16 by Bugg1211 »»
Nov 7, 2023 12:26 AM

» Will there be a 2nd season?

Ash_In_Space - Aug 24, 2023

0 by Ash_In_Space »»
Aug 24, 2023 9:31 PM

Poll: » Ken En Ken: Aoki Kagayaki Episode 10 Discussion

winddevil1 - Dec 3, 2018

10 by Confucius »»
Feb 24, 2019 7:27 PM

Poll: » Ken En Ken: Aoki Kagayaki Episode 6 Discussion

Illyricus - Nov 5, 2018

10 by Confucius »»
Feb 24, 2019 3:43 AM

Poll: » Ken En Ken: Aoki Kagayaki Episode 2 Discussion

Illyricus - Oct 8, 2018

17 by Confucius »»
Feb 23, 2019 4:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.