Forum Settings
Forums
Poll: Dragon Ball Super Chapter 42 Discussion

Nov 19, 2018 7:48 AM

THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Finally finishing the tournament of power arc, I think it was a lot worse than the anime version which gave us some really exciting moments but at least the end was quite cool with Freeza doing that "fine play". The same conclusion with 17 winning and wishing all the universes to be back was pretty obvious.

The new original manga arc had me a bit in doubt that it will feel like a random filler arc but while it still feels like a filler arc, it sounds pretty interesting so far with the involvement of the Grand Kaioshin which we haven't seen much of in the original.

Looking forward to what Toyotaro will do with a material we don't already know the content of.

Idk why are you reading this or why tf am I writing this but I already did so whatever.

Nov 23, 2018 11:44 PM
i enjoyed this chapter just like the anime too

sad that Broly arc is postponed in another time this chapter says but still im hype for this new arc

Nov 24, 2018 2:19 PM

Haa~ And they thought we'd have a shitty movie arc. Glad we're moving forward, but I'm a little disappointed it's yet another tweener arc.

Still, I wonder what they could possibly do to bring back Dai Kaioshin, since we know Buu has to be just fine up to the end of Dragon Ball. Can Majins be cloned?

Also, one of those Galactic Patrolmen looked like Jiya. May not be him, but I can sure hope. That'd be fun.
Modified by qwertyMrJINX, Nov 24, 2018 2:26 PM

Dec 10, 2018 8:15 AM
Lala Deviluke❤️

The manga had a way better ending than the anime. Glad at how good the manga is.

Also, looking forward to the next arc.

Dec 14, 2018 1:32 PM

Things went more or less as in the anime. And lol, love that little Frieza x 17 bromance.
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

Dec 17, 2018 12:19 AM

Overall this arc was good, but I still think that was way better in the anime. I think it's really weird how they skip the movies, it's like the people who don't watch the movies will be missing a part of the plot.

I'm not much excited with this new arc, since I'm not a big fan of the galactic patrol.
Modified by ViniSD, Dec 17, 2018 5:32 PM

Dec 20, 2018 4:55 AM

So the tournament is over and I can't believe what I will say but... anime version was better.
And once again the gun is stronger than Goku.

Dec 20, 2018 7:41 PM

KatsutoSaki said:
The manga had a way better ending than the anime. Glad at how good the manga is.

Also, looking forward to the next arc.

LMFAO TOP was terrible and much worse than the anime by far. You're crazy.

Mar 10, 6:12 PM

Bah, Tournament of Power Arc has come to an end. What I can say? Concluding all pros and cons of anime's version and manga's adaptation I must say that anime did it way better. More emotions, more action, more dramatism and more moments emphasing that after defeat literally everyone in defeated Universe was going to be eradicated.

About pacing, while manga at first was more realistic about pacing and showing action in realistic way ('cause there was less than 1 hour for Tournament of Power), later everything felt rushed, sometimes painted in too long or too short moments that ruined good at first balance between realism and entertainement.

MrMushin said:
Finally finishing the tournament of power arc, I think it was a lot worse than the anime version which gave us some really exciting moments but at least the end was quite cool with Freeza doing that "fine play".

Can't agree more. Frieza's moment was nice, same goes with Vegeta offering No.17 a boat. What I really hated was Bulma's reaction. I would understand that if Vegeta gave freely that boat withour a reason, but man... it's a small prize for winning the Tournament, plus Bulma was also rooting for Universe 7's success (obvious).

Anyway, next arc has begun. It is brand new, as it didn't appear in Dragon Ball Super's anime. We will see how's it gonna be.
Can't agree more. Frieza's moment was nice, same goes with Vegeta offering No.17 a boat. What I really hated was Bulma's reaction. I would understand that if Vegeta gave freely that boat withour a reason, but man... it's a small prize for winning the Tournament, plus Bulma was also rooting for Universe 7's success (obvious).

Preview MangaManga Store