Forum Settings
Forums

What anime had a plot which made you confused?

New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 19, 2018 10:06 PM

Mar 2018
Saxima said:
Phantomnocomics said:

i'm again reminded that for whatever the actual reason, death Parade has No END, what in the actual crap is that?

O Well, it happens for those who watch a show with no end before case like some curse

thank god i'm not the only one. i saw so many people who liked it and i was just sitting there like '??? someone please help i need an adult to explain'

that said, a second season would be much appreciated

that's why there is death billiards, a why didn't i know about this?, OMFG kind of show

watch your last farewell to the show
Nov 19, 2018 10:20 PM

Aug 2016
Perfect Blue, had to rewatch some certain parts few times to understand it.
Nov 19, 2018 10:23 PM

Dec 2013
I dropped Boogiepop because of that. Really well made, but the problem was I hadn't read the source material. I'm told it isn't optional if you want to know wtf is going on...
Nov 19, 2018 10:27 PM

Feb 2016
I just recently finished King's Game. The plot isn't just confusing, it's straight up stupid and makes no sense.
Nov 19, 2018 10:27 PM

Jul 2012
There is a distinct lack of Ikuhara stuff in this thread. Took me multiple watches before I was confident in saying I understand Utena/Penguindrum.

Excluding shows I feel are bad at giving explanations or were forced to cut content due to time.

Texhnolyze especially the explanations towards the end.

Nekojiro Sou and Night on the Galactic Railroad both feel especially dredged in dense metaphor.

Kaiba but probably a lack of attention on my part.
Nov 19, 2018 10:43 PM

Mar 2017
perfect blue , the ending i don't get it
under construction
Nov 19, 2018 11:11 PM

Jul 2007
Maneki-Mew said:
Umineko made me question my IQ throughout the whole show, because I constantly asked myself "what's going on?", which didn't get any better in the end.

The Umineko anime adaption makes no sense because it is rushed and cuts out half of the content, on top of ending on a cliffhanger.

If you want to make sense of the story, try reading the VN or manga. The plot is still complex (and very good imo) but it actually makes sense, unlike the anime adaption. If you feel like giving the series another shot I recommend it.
☆☆☆
"There's a huge difference between one and infinity.
However, compared to the difference between
existence and non-existence, one and infinite are
nearly the same. I am the child destined to become
the best witch... no... The greatest Creator in the world...!"
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Nov 19, 2018 11:12 PM
Jan 2015
Falconhero said:
For me, it has got to be The Irregular at the Magic High School. Cool enough in terms of action wise, but they don't really explain the types of magic or how most of the stuff really happens. The incest in there doesn't really help.
The anime wouldn't have enough time to fully explain the magic system(author goes into an insane amounts of detail describing it in the books),so that's they made these ONA's https://myanimelist.net/anime/23341/Mahouka_Koukou_no_Rettousei__Yoku_Wakaru_Mahouka
which help explain the magic system and other stuff in a easy to understand way.
-MahesvaraNov 19, 2018 11:15 PM
My Queens

Nov 19, 2018 11:44 PM

Feb 2012
I’m surprised no one mentioned Dies Irae. That show is perhaps the worst show I’ve ever seen.
Nov 20, 2018 12:10 AM

Jan 2016
You need 200 IQ to understand Tatami Galaxy.

@Falconhero You need read the Novel, I guess.
Nov 20, 2018 12:59 AM
Jul 2018
EndlessMaria said:
Maneki-Mew said:
Umineko made me question my IQ throughout the whole show, because I constantly asked myself "what's going on?", which didn't get any better in the end.

The Umineko anime adaption makes no sense because it is rushed and cuts out half of the content, on top of ending on a cliffhanger.

If you want to make sense of the story, try reading the VN or manga. The plot is still complex (and very good imo) but it actually makes sense, unlike the anime adaption. If you feel like giving the series another shot I recommend it.

Thank you, I heard that a few times, but while watching it, I didn't know that a VN novel or manga source exists.
It was more like, an edgy teen friend showed me that anime and I responded: "It makes no sense."
- "But it's cool. Look witches and murderous goat butlers and The Seven Sins. Cool."
- "It still makes no sense."
- "BECAUSE IT'S SO DEEP."
- "Yay, kay."
Nov 20, 2018 3:34 AM

Jul 2007
Maneki-Mew said:
Thank you, I heard that a few times, but while watching it, I didn't know that a VN novel or manga source exists.
It was more like, an edgy teen friend showed me that anime and I responded: "It makes no sense."
- "But it's cool. Look witches and murderous goat butlers and The Seven Sins. Cool."
- "Yay, kay."

lol That's funny that an edgelord showed it to you.

The visual novel is the source material and it has an amazing soundtrack, and the manga is good too being a faithful adaption of the VN. The VN is available on Steam if you're interested.
☆☆☆
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Nov 20, 2018 3:44 AM

Oct 2015
Serial Experiments Lain
I still don't understand that anime, and have no courage to watch it again
(but it's a good anime)
Nov 20, 2018 3:44 AM
Jul 2018
EndlessMaria said:
Maneki-Mew said:
- "Yay, kay."

lol That's funny that an edgelord showed it to you.

The visual novel is the source material and it has an amazing soundtrack, and the manga is good too being a faithful adaption of the VN. The VN is available on Steam if you're interested.

Most teens are. My first experience with Elfen Lied was similar. Two years later I came back and well... xD
Thank you, maybe I'm watching a playthrough tho, we'll see.

The opening is absolutely awesome and so are some OSTs!
Nov 20, 2018 3:53 AM

Dec 2017
boku no pico make me confused asf.....

Nov 20, 2018 3:54 AM

Jul 2007
Maneki-Mew said:
Most teens are. My first experience with Elfen Lied was similar. Two years later I came back and well... xD
Thank you, maybe I'm watching a playthrough tho, we'll see.

The opening is absolutely awesome and so are some OSTs!

Lol when I first watched Elfen Lied when I was a teen I was impressed with its level of edge. xD

If you watch a playthrough, then have fun and enjoy the ride!
☆☆☆
-Maria Ushiromiya
☆☆☆

Nov 20, 2018 4:09 AM

Aug 2018
Angel Beats, Steins;Gate and Mirai Nikki....also FMA Brotherhood
Gnyo ho!
Nov 20, 2018 5:31 AM
Sep 2018
Serial experiments lain was very confusing but still good
Nov 20, 2018 6:28 AM

Feb 2016
fancyjasper said:
MohAngelo said:
That one was very confusing alright

+1 to Boogiepop. It doesn't help that the anime is an original story set after the first novel. The remake will probably make the original anime easier to understand.
I still don't want any remakes being made,..like at all
Nov 20, 2018 7:01 AM

Jul 2015
teekyu
its the king of nonesense but its hella funny

Well...
Nov 20, 2018 7:02 AM

Jul 2017
FLCL and K Project, I didn't understand those shows at all.

smell of coffee
songs of sleep

Nov 20, 2018 7:37 AM

Sep 2018
Serial Experiments Lain
I need to watch it again and try to understand it, or at least find an analysis video. At least I did still like Lain, there was some stuff I could piece together but not all.
That or FLCL, luckily I really liked it even though I couldn’t understand a lot of what was going on.
Nov 20, 2018 7:39 AM
Apr 2018
We Without Wings – Under the Innocent Sky

I can’t tell you what going on
its 3 different story’s and it’s
Jumps between them thoughtout
every ep
Nov 20, 2018 8:32 AM

Aug 2017
Code Geass because i watched it when i was too young to understand how the politics in the series worked

i just watched it for the tits
Nov 20, 2018 8:41 AM

Jun 2017
I didn't understand wtf was happening in Tatami Galaxy until last few episodes with the big revelation, I had some ideas but wasn't certain.Also, there are a few episodes in Kaiba which are confusing (2nd episode being the most confusing shit I've ever seen), still my fav anime by Yuasa. I still need to watch Devilman tho.

Nov 20, 2018 8:49 AM
Jul 2018
Texhnolyze is the most confusing anime I have ever watched.There were some things I have missed and I learned them by reading discussions,opinions of other fans and sometimes rewatching some scenes but still need to rewatch completely at one point.

removed-userNov 20, 2018 8:55 AM
Nov 20, 2018 8:59 AM
May 2018
-Mahesvara said:
Falconhero said:
For me, it has got to be The Irregular at the Magic High School. Cool enough in terms of action wise, but they don't really explain the types of magic or how most of the stuff really happens. The incest in there doesn't really help.
The anime wouldn't have enough time to fully explain the magic system(author goes into an insane amounts of detail describing it in the books),so that's they made these ONA's https://myanimelist.net/anime/23341/Mahouka_Koukou_no_Rettousei__Yoku_Wakaru_Mahouka
which help explain the magic system and other stuff in a easy to understand way.

Wait really? Thanks for the OVA dude!
Nov 20, 2018 9:11 AM

Feb 2016
Monster isn't so confusing but i had to watch some videos to understand it a bit more
Nov 20, 2018 10:42 AM
Jan 2015
Falconhero said:
-Mahesvara said:

Wait really? Thanks for the OVA dude!
Np a lot of people forgot these exist lol
My Queens

Nov 20, 2018 11:51 AM

Jul 2014
Monogatari is the most confusing anime ever, especially when there are shadows of animals like snails, falcons, etc. shown next to the girls whose names are puns on said animals.

The symbolism is way too subtle for me. I am unfortunately not enough of a genius to understand the deep and insightful points the show makes about the complexity of human behavior.
Nov 20, 2018 11:51 AM

Oct 2018
Aku no Hana

i'm a worm
Nov 20, 2018 12:26 PM
Jul 2018
Black★Rock Shooter was a little confusing towards the end.
Nov 20, 2018 1:02 PM

Mar 2018
Supercueca said:
Monster isn't so confusing but i had to watch some videos to understand it a bit more

the ending is though, they were like .....is it a dream?, is it real?, are the evil ones innocent and the innocent ones evil?, where they teleport into?, where are they,what in the actual crap just happened?

and they also did not adapt the epilogue....or is it an interlogue?. dunno, it's called another monster and it's basically the investigation report by heinrich lunge and the story is told by his own view of point and it reveals what actually happened at the ending
Nov 20, 2018 1:44 PM

Aug 2010
cant think of any

Most anime of simple plots imo.
Some have nonsensical plots but i wouldnt say i was confused. I understood that it was just dumb.
https://combosmooth.itch.io/ - I make free-to-play browser games for PC and I sell pixel art animation here
Nov 20, 2018 7:17 PM

Jul 2017
Two come to mind. First was Kara no Kyoukai. I followed the first movie fine, but it lost me fast somewhere in the second movie, I gave up at the fourth. I'm probably going to give it another shot at some point. I also couldn't follow Guilty Crown properly, it didn't make much sense to me. The plot jumped around so much and seemed really inconsistent.
Nov 20, 2018 7:18 PM

Oct 2016
NGE didn't make complete sense to me. Ergo Proxy still doesn't make sense.
Nov 20, 2018 9:56 PM

Feb 2014
Concrete Revolutio was pretty confusing at first. All the hopping between 2-3 time periods made it quite hard to follow the chronology of the plot, if you didn't pay attention to the changes in visual style of the scenes and the appearance of the characters.
Nov 21, 2018 2:34 AM
Jul 2018
*points at Psycho-Pass and Ergo Proxy*

I couldn't comprehend the shit out of both, that's why I dropped them in the first place.
Too bad 'cause they were aesthetically good-looking.
Nov 21, 2018 2:39 AM

Sep 2018
I'd say Angel's Egg but that was very much intentional I think.
Nov 21, 2018 2:48 AM
Apr 2017
Ergo Proxy is pretty much the only one that confused me. Granted, watching the first 6-7 episodes and then waiting months before watching the rest wasn't ideal but it's hardly my fault that it was so fucking boring to begin with. A perfect case of "uuuuhhhh ask me what it means I'm deep and symbolic uuuuuhhhhhh".
"The problem with defining even an aspect of your personality by something that you like, is that criticism of that product appears to you to be criticism of you personally. I find it to be a very harmful attitude, [...] you can't rationally discuss a product because you've started to define yourself by its very existence."

John Bain
Nov 21, 2018 4:25 AM

Jun 2015
Mawaru penguindrum the first time I watched it. I was 11 I think? It looked colourful so I thought of watching it. Hated it at first since I understood nothing. I went back to it recently tho and understood more, but that's the only Anime that comes to mind that confused me.

set by secret santa ; thank you! ily ♥️
Nov 21, 2018 4:44 AM
Jul 2017
Falconhero said:

The first half of Chaos Head was a mindfuck for me. Had no idea what was going on but that was the best point of the series for me. Not saying its a particularly goid thing, its just that the rest of the plot was SOO stupid, Id rather it not make sense than the actual narrative of the story.

Uchiage Hanabi was also a mindfuck. Had no idea wtf was going on. There were little hints and things you catch on but I failed to arrange the pieces together andcomplete the puzzle. It was not after the movie that I generally understood the "plot" of the movie from an anlayasis video, which made the movie even worse than it was after understanding the whole thing. The ending didnt help much as well
Nov 21, 2018 5:21 AM

Mar 2015
MrBluee said:
Mekakucity Actors... I didn't understand nothing about the anime, but I liked it.

This is so true. I read the manga, but I don't understand a single thing from it I'm so confused, yet I continued to read it and was quite enjoyable.
Nov 21, 2018 5:34 AM
Jul 2016
AnimePixelz said:
so i watched this a while a back, it isn't a plot but this entire series is like wtf
i havent watched the fate series but god, it's confusing lmao

you know an anime series is confusing af when gigguk is confused af
Nov 21, 2018 5:51 AM
Nov 2018
ChäoS;HEAd had me confused in the beginning
Nothing made sense to be in the first 4 episodes I think
Nov 21, 2018 8:01 AM

Aug 2017
Kekkai Sensen was pretty hard to follow, it didn't really have a plot, it was just a mess.
Nov 21, 2018 8:36 AM
Apr 2018
Durarara is confusing as hell until the last couple of episodes. Reading the light novel definitely helps with understanding that one though.
Nov 21, 2018 8:38 AM
Apr 2018
dantex11 said:
AnimePixelz said:
so i watched this a while a back, it isn't a plot but this entire series is like wtf
i havent watched the fate series but god, it's confusing lmao

you know an anime series is confusing af when gigguk is confused af
Cant believe people actually take what Gigguk says seriously. He himself states that his videos aren't meant to be taken seriously.
Nov 21, 2018 10:29 AM

Nov 2017
Kaiba, Tatami Galaxy, Mind Game

Something went horribly wrong in each of them so that I didn't know where I was or why anymore. Kaiba near the finale, Tatami halfway, Mind Game basically as soon as it started. And I watch weird Japanese cinema all the time.

Also, FLCL Alternative. WTF? Why where and who? What am I supposed to be focused on and why? Why am I here? Who's this? Why are they important?

Mawaru Penguindrum: at least a quarter of the show has no reason for existing. The behind the scenes drama with the king of the world are weird and worthless, the whole lore, the drama. Just nope. The last half of the show was miserable.

Tatami it's like, why should I give a f about this protagonist? What are his reasons? Just another useless weeb like all characters in Yuasa anime.

Kaiba's whole finale. We were just having a space slice of life adventure and now it's a drama show? Why in the f?

Mind Game is awful. I don't remember it at all. Useless weeb dies/can't date/becomes a hero/Otaku wins somehow. Thanks Yuasa, I'm sure it'll sell dvds.

I get tired of these pro-weeb/otakua series. Stuff like the isekai genre, it's boring unless it's not taken seriously or parodied. However somehow when it's a female otaku/weeb I can't get enough. Weird, huh?
DarkInsomnia57Nov 21, 2018 10:37 AM
Nov 21, 2018 11:43 AM
Sep 2018
Durarara. Because it gives you like 4 new characters every 6 episodes and it has 4 seasons if im not wrong but the show is really good :D
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bare feet or pantyhoses?

Absurdo_N - Yesterday

28 by Rinenka »»
7 minutes ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst

EastIndiaCompany - Yesterday

30 by Serafos »»
7 minutes ago

» Isekai anime are better than any other genre. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 20

50 by EastIndiaCompany »»
20 minutes ago

Poll: » So, is anime male or female?

Tirinchas - Apr 22

39 by Tirinchas »»
21 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

186 by Zarutaku »»
46 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.