Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Jul 20, 2019 2:48 AM

Sep 2012
Kokoro_Inuzuka said:
Aww, Rimuru's new human form is so adorable :}
I didn't think the oracle meant "destined" as in romance. Totally called it. Lolol. That's too bad, though. Oh well.

Those 3 adventurers are silly lol. Got way too emotional for the short amt of time they spent with Shizu, dafuq? xD I hope they're much stronger if they appear again in the future. Cool new equipment and stuffs doe

Sleep well, Shizu-chan.

it was clear elf was reading hes romantic fortune, but this thing can be tricky (i mean fortune prediction), he used preator skill on her so in a way they are together forever

Nov 2, 2019 9:37 AM

Mar 2019
Wow I didn't expect Shizu to disappear like this, that human form surprised me but its very cool
Nov 23, 2019 1:51 PM

Sep 2012
Kokoro_Inuzuka said:
Aww, Rimuru's new human form is so adorable :}
I didn't think the oracle meant "destined" as in romance. Totally called it. Lolol. That's too bad, though. Oh well.

Those 3 adventurers are silly lol. Got way too emotional for the short amt of time they spent with Shizu, dafuq? xD I hope they're much stronger if they appear again in the future. Cool new equipment and stuffs doe

Sleep well, Shizu-chan.

new that i think about it she may have met the smaller dark haired girl when she grows up and Sizu is path that leads him to her, after seeing it 3th time it made me think that
Dec 27, 2019 9:48 AM

Aug 2018
I feel sorry for Rimuru's new human form
My dude doesn't have The. [D] if you know what I mean 😏
Jul 4, 2020 10:21 AM

Oct 2015
Shizu died so fast after presenting her. I thought she could become an interesting ally.

Why Shizu looked so young? Given that she was supposed to be near her death.

I liked Rimuru's new form, although it was already spoiled on the intro.
Jul 18, 2020 10:17 PM

Aug 2019
much calmer pace of an episode, was really heartwarming and i liked it.
Ah got the full tale of the women that was Shizue Izawa, quite the tragic one. Her hero who saved her from the demon lord vanished and her students went there own ways however becoming great predecessors from her teachings. She did become other peoples heroes by saving others and slaying tons of monsters for decades, all while suppressing the demon of fire, ifrit, inside of her. However, a sad end as the unstoppable march of the worst enemy known to man, time itself, eventually led to her caving in to the demon. But at least her last moments were peaceful and she managed to tell her tale to someone.
Cool Rimuru finally got a human like body, which i guess will make people underestimate him less? Either way, that body is suppose to mimic Shizu's body? Interesting, so nows the confusing "is he now male or female?" gonna take me a while to wrap my head around a solid answer xD Rimuru now best girl according to my fucking di-
Shit is getting even spicier, some crazy walking around in the desert, dressed in a full suit and plague doctor mask, naming monsters and giving them some concerning titles.
also that trio party of humans all seem like absolute lads. I didn't expect to like them so much, and thought they would be more of a obstacle, but i've really grown on them! Hope we can see them again, happy Rimuru gave them that phat upgrade on armour.
Lmao i could actually see like a mini spin off just focusing on shenanigans that these 3 get up to in this world since they are seem really jokey as well.
Jul 26, 2020 11:17 PM
Jul 2019
By fate I didn't expect that. They literally end up together as one being. While it was kinda sad that she's gone now, I didn't like how her final hours was an info dump. It could've been a monologue where we hear her story after Rimuru gains her memory, but I don't know how it'll lead to her getting eaten.
Oct 9, 2020 6:10 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
The last episode was just a good one, loved the action, but it just ended like that...
And so she really dies.
This was very sad IMO, if the anime wanted, they could have had her scene near the end of an episode and it would turn on even more sad, but this was clearly not the direction they were going with.

I m not complaining, but I wished she had more screentime, maybe a few episodes, but at least she was able to come to trust Rimuru and the two bonded quite nicely in the previous episodes, and everything lead to her finally being able to rest in peace, and she he absorbed her, I will fool myself by saying that she is living inside him now.

In an eternal deep slumber.

Now I finally get how he got his body, and the fact that it was originally from Shizu, that really brings more weight to it.

Fantastic episodes so far, it is hard to stop watching, the anime is not getting boring by the slightest.
Love it.
Nov 19, 2020 1:50 PM

Apr 2013
Awwww, I actually though that after Shizu was freed from that Ifrit, she would join our hero and his friends. But I guess only that fire spirit kept her alive, since she withered away once she got separated from him. Now Rimuru has a human form he can use to move freely in human cities I guess.
Jan 4, 2021 10:55 PM

Oct 2015
The pig in the end was named Gerudo. A Zelda reference?
Jan 7, 2021 6:51 PM

Nov 2018
After Ifrit defeated, Shizue was in dying condition because Ifrit has no longer in her body. At that moment I was relieved and sad at the same time.

Shizue was really have mix bad and good times. But, she still want to know presumed her existence to the demon lord who summon her.

Shizue last wish is To eaten by Rimuru was a pretty sad moment to watch. But,
Shizue now can unite with her mother even it was dream, but still she happy about it.

Rimuru right now have a body that appear in OP and ED. But Rimuru still sad about Shizue and need time to accept it.

Adventure group thanks to Rimuru as Shizue and glad they meet with her as adventurous and friends. Hope we can meet them again in future episode.

So right now Rimuru have a purpose no only for Veldora but also now for Shizue too. Don't worry Shizue you will never be forget. And looks like we have a quick looks what Next Arc gonna happen.

This anime was really great and I don't hate with slow phase this anime presented. Hope we can see more great things from this anime.
Jan 12, 2021 4:49 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Oh well. Thats why, Rimuru got the human body, similar to Shizue. Thats the meaning of 'the fated one'. She was designed to be the human body container for the op slime, via a preying skill. Still, the reason of why Rimuru got a body of boy, instead of girl, its really designated to be one of many mystery happened at those world. Maybe the great robotic sage struck again?

Whatever shit. Its hit me much with how Shizue dying. Its must be hurt, its too sad, even her hero master left her alone. The girl who lost everything due to the fire, gained the power of fire. But died in the fire itself, cursed. Fortunately, the last bond, managed to be freed a little by the op slime. Although, that, didn't change everything much. At least it made her happy, in the last seconds, for a while. Despite that, Shizue had inherited a will as her last wish. That thing she left off to Rimuru, to became the goal of Rimuru's life at that world.

Fine. Inherited will, really the fated one, as if everything just to be the first concerned to be made. Fine.

Lets see next: the ogre arc!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 23, 2021 6:58 AM

Nov 2018
I Pretty Sad that this episode we farewell to Shizu. But at least She can meet her mother.

Right now we can see Rimuru Human Form this episode. Rimuru now have purpose tro Find who is summon Shizu in this world and Maybe defeat him beside another purpose to taking care goblin tribe.

Looks like in the end was a hint for next Arc that gonna happen. Hmm... IBut, I still have no idea what gonna looks like.
Yunohi-kunJan 23, 2021 7:03 AM
Mar 13, 2021 12:15 PM

Sep 2012
the feels in this EP
Kareit said:
Shizu died so fast after presenting her. I thought she could become an interesting ally.

Why Shizu looked so young? Given that she was supposed to be near her death.

I liked Rimuru's new form, although it was already spoiled on the intro.

spirit kept her young but she started age fast and before he devoured her she looked old
Sugram22Mar 13, 2021 12:19 PM
Apr 3, 2021 12:32 PM

Mar 2019
Ouch, Shizue died. Didn't see that coming cause you know, the opening has her in a lot of scenes so it seemed like an important character that would stay with us for a long time, she was even the best girl and now she's dead. Also Rimuru got a human form finally and I refuse to believe that his form is related to Shizue because that would make me even more sad.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jun 24, 2021 6:20 AM

Oct 2016
I am now depressed, but after all that Shizue has been through, she can rest now. So this is what the fortune meant when Rimuru was destined to be with her, Rimuru actually became her. Rimuru's human form looks awesome though.
Oct 3, 2021 2:53 PM
Sep 2020
Aw rip Shizu :( I didn't think she would be gone so soon.

So this is the episode where Rimuru gets his human form. I'm gonna miss him in slime form 😔
Now I really want to buy a figure with him as a slime lol
Oct 4, 2021 1:44 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
"Please eat me" - Shizue Izawa

Guess when it's been several years, you'd let anyone do it, even a slime. Or maybe being a slime makes it more effective. Who knows.

And so just like that, the cute girl who I thought was going to be a main character for this entire series is just gone. It was sad, but that means it was good. They pulled off a character death so early on and made me feel for it. Was handled real well in my opinion. Sad to see that Rimuru's "destined one" die so soon, but at least she in quite a literal way is part of him forever. Dang am I getting feels from this freaking isekai about a slime?? And the dude now has some sort of purpose, a motivational drive, for living in this world. Because up till now he basically has been chilling, but now he has a promise to fulfill. I know there isn't actually any real story behind all this, but at least we're getting something.

Also I was thinking that we weren't going to get human-version Rimuru until like over half-way through, but eight episodes in we finally got him. Or her. Or whatever pronoun you use for gender fluid. Haha get it? FLUID?? Haha ok I'll see myself out now.

Anyway was meaning to mention this before, but I guess I'll put it here now. I like how this isekai is pretty chill and just some good old fashioned laid-back stuff. But it's bit too chill. And what I'm talking about is Ranga, the direwolf that Rimuru rides. Sure Rimuru was defending the village, but the dude killed what was Ranga's father, and now they're like besties. Yeah Ranga said that he was pretty much over it and that he was grateful to Rimuru for sparing the rest of them and giving them a chance, but it's still a half-assed explanation in terms of writing. There's just no way that a dude would befriend his dad's killer just like that. Yeah it's unrealistic, there's a talking slime who was a human who got teleported from the real world. But there's certain parameters you gotta follow, even in a bat-shit crazy world. Yeah I'm overthinking it but I thought I'd just put my thoughts down. I'll just do my best to overlook this issue and just enjoy the rest of this series.

We got a preview of what looks to be a significant adversary in the future. Or maybe not so significant since Rimuru's predator skill will eventually make it so that he will be able to beat anyone lol

NYANPASU
5700XT

Oct 31, 2021 8:00 AM

Jul 2017
The episode was fine but too stretched out for my liking, definitely felt like the episode was just trying to get to that ending mark while stagnating itself as much as possible through the middle. I liked Shizue's story in a bit more detail but I would have preferred just spending an episode or two more with her for her character to feel a bit more impactful in this series since there wasn't enough time there before all the chaos happened. Could have gone more with her backstory too beforehand and leave a little less here, just to balance it out a bit. Regardless of complaints, I did feel a little for Shizue departing for good even with only knowing her for a couple of episodes so it's not all bad, just could have made it even better and more impactful with adjustments. And if the episode generally didn't just feel stuck after she departed and Rimuru basically gained the abilities of reconstructing her body for his use.
Dec 19, 2021 7:58 AM

May 2016
Rest in Peace Shizue...

I realized around mid time during their conversation when Shizue voice went down it shocked me
and sadness filled inside me, before that I was thinking how they gonna be in the future together
making new friends and building their own space, and got reminded of the harsh truth that she
was not in the opening and all made sense to me.

I was curious from the first episode who the person gonna be that Rimuru gonna eat up to get
that appearance from and I'm both sad and happy it was Shizue, bittersweet but great episode.
Feb 13, 2022 1:11 PM
May 2021
so this is the episode where the slime became a girl :D
Apr 20, 2022 4:34 AM
Jan 2022
This episode made me sad and happy at the same time, sad seeing death of Shizu, but happy cause Rimuru finally get his human form.
May 10, 2022 10:16 AM
May 2022
Slower episode, but still appreciated. We got to know a lot more about Shizu, and finally got to see the slime take human form, the adventurers were bid farewell and we got a really interesting ending. Cant wait to see more.
May 26, 2022 7:56 PM

Jul 2013
Sad to see Shizu die, but after all she has been through she's now at a better place. RIP.

I was wondering when and in what way Rimuru would get his human form, eating Shizu was nothing I had expexted tbh. Would have been an even bigger surprise if they didn't spoil it in the OP.

Hopefully Rimuru will find this demon lord and make him pay.

Seems like what happened at the end is the beginning of a new arc.

Aug 26, 2022 1:43 PM

May 2022
Spoilers of course

Just watched the episode...This was a hard hitting episode, Sad to see Shizu go but I'm glad Rimuru was able to help her in the end.

I think the ending might lead to a future plot point in the series, Hopefully
Nov 3, 2022 7:08 PM
Mar 2016
made my gf and i cry
Jan 13, 2023 12:38 AM

Jul 2015
Farewell Shizu. I'm not sure what to think of Rimuru taking on Shizu's appearance after consuming her, but at least he now has a human form.

Jan 14, 2023 11:01 AM
Oct 2020
Great ending to an arc. Not to mention a great way to foreshadow and future arc down the line.
Jan 31, 2023 6:06 PM
Dec 2015
Low paced but deep
Feb 15, 2023 3:51 PM
Feb 2023
This episode and the feelings it explores will stick with me for a long time.
Mar 14, 2023 12:33 AM
Aug 2020
Very Emotional Episode and a epic fight! Loved it!
May 9, 2023 5:54 AM
Aug 2022
Using your town's folk wolves' fur on clothing. That's faqed up. What's wrong with these people?
May 13, 2023 11:29 AM
Mar 2022
Rimuru's human form.
Dec 16, 2023 6:22 PM

Nov 2023
More storytelling of Shizu well gahhdamn
Jan 22, 6:51 AM

Nov 2023
Bit of a tearjacker episode but I guess now this show lost a bit of that charm
Feb 15, 4:26 PM

May 2019
Yeah I really thought that Shizu was going to be one of the main side characters or something and instead she's dead /sigh (who will be best girl now??) Also, it looks like Ifrit was the reason she kept looking young as I had wondered how she managed that, and they also explained why she used a mask. Anyways, RIP.
Mar 4, 4:20 PM

Dec 2022
I'm alr tearing up a bit with Shizu's passing so goodbye at least for now but other than that Rimuru's human form looks majestic af finally ofc.

Mar 12, 5:45 AM

Aug 2019
finally the human form. though he did say the slime form feels more right so not sure how much we'll see of slime shizu
best episode so far.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 2:03 AM

May 2015
This episode ended up being quite the tearjerker... RIP Shizu. I can't believe that's how her and Rimuru become destined for one another.
Apr 3, 5:50 AM
Sep 2022
idk why, but the ED gives me OP vibes and also reminds me of SAO for some reason.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

» rimuru is the bad guy

Rukasumi - Apr 11

2 by felixsifuri »»
Apr 12, 11:53 AM

» Help my fellow weebs

Lonely_kun - Apr 5

27 by Puntosmx »»
Apr 7, 4:54 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2019

287 by iggggi »»
Apr 7, 5:21 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2019

202 by BlueQuartzFibre »»
Apr 3, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2019

275 by Magicmist »»
Apr 3, 6:19 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.