Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 19, 2018 6:41 PM
Jun 2016
RainSprite said:
So, the girls don't get to compete in the tournament against other schools?

The girls are competing as individuals because there are only 3 of them. The boys are competing as a group. Kind of like tennis where you can play singles or doubles.
Nov 19, 2018 7:56 PM

Nov 2018
papsoshea said:
Lol

I felt the same. 😅 Though I've seen most other people praise this for being no-nonsense and strong.

Maybe it's some sort of cultural difference. To me, that was an unncessary reaction towards nothing. Kind of like a girl who responds "I already have a boyfriend!" to a random guy's innocent question like "What time is it?".
Nov 19, 2018 10:24 PM

Nov 2018
papsoshea said:

Yeah I know lol
Where I live, girls don't use that lightly (like going straight to sexual harassment over something that doesn't warrant such a reply)so when they actually say anything remotely like what that character said, you better run for the hills lol

That's happened to me before, asking for the time at Shooters once and I just happen to pick a girl (who was sitting across from on another table)who had that type of attitude, she was giving me the stink eye and was like, "eww, I'm taken."

My reaction:

LOL

I hope the girls show some redeeming factors soon, like aid the boys' personal development in some way or at least be genuinely supportive of them in the upcoming tournament. I know the focus is on the boys team so I understand the girls are side pieces, but they're starting to become annoying from their attitudes and interactions that I'm starting to think of them as better gone, like what OG_Gattsu said below:

OG_Gattsu said:
The girls are so one dimensional and irrelevant, I don’t see the purpose of them being in the story. They’re just their to add some diversity to the club, remove them and the story would still be the same
Nov 21, 2018 9:16 PM

Oct 2008
looks like the 5 boys got a bit closer...its YAOI time! lolz
4/5.

Nov 23, 2018 1:01 AM

Oct 2017
I can see next episode will be a great episode if not the best in this show. Furthermore, Yamada Naoko will be the storyboarder. Can't wait uh
Nov 23, 2018 1:18 AM

Aug 2018
Slowly warming to this series. It's got a really chill atmosphere and I like nearly all the charcters.... If only Nanao didn't have such an annoying voice and personality
Can I offer you an egg is this trying time?
Nov 23, 2018 2:59 AM

Nov 2018
Muzashi said:
I can see next episode will be a great episode if not the best in this show. Furthermore, Yamada Naoko will be the storyboarder. Can't wait uh

I'm pretty new to anime, so what do you like about Yamada Naoko? I never knew storyboarders would be famous or get recognition for their work as well, so I'm really interested to hear your thoughts!
Nov 23, 2018 5:13 AM

Sep 2018
Andy_Roo_45 said:
Slowly warming to this series. It's got a really chill atmosphere and I like nearly all the charcters.... If only Nanao didn't have such an annoying voice and personality
don’t insult my son.
Nov 23, 2018 7:53 AM

Aug 2018
DaddyYharn said:
Andy_Roo_45 said:
don’t insult my son.

hahaha Gomen'nasai!!
Can I offer you an egg is this trying time?
Nov 23, 2018 5:20 PM

Dec 2016
Every sports anime has got to have a team chemistry building episode lol, and this one was pretty good
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Nov 24, 2018 10:45 AM

Oct 2017
TheyCallMeTMoney said:
Muzashi said:

I'm pretty new to anime, so what do you like about Yamada Naoko? I never knew storyboarders would be famous or get recognition for their work as well, so I'm really interested to hear your thoughts!
Yamada Naoko is a great director (and storyboarder in this case), she's one of my favorites in the industry. Her work is usually really beautiful and fluid. She directed both K-On and Koe no Katachi which arguably have some of the best shot compositions and camera works in anime. I love her.
Nov 30, 2018 11:06 PM

Jul 2017
Good episode showing team bonding and "cute boys doing cute things" lol

smell of coffee
songs of sleep

Dec 2, 2018 1:37 AM

Aug 2017
It seems that the bond between Kacchan and Narumiya is growing up a little.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 30, 2019 8:39 PM

Mar 2012
Guess I'll be the only outlier here and say I thought this was a pretty weak episode.

I get the whole need for a team building exercise episode...happens all the time.... but this was one of the worst presented episodes I've seen...feels like it was rushed? Basically they go to the store, dude falls in river...seemingly unplanned by coach, they bond in bath tub, and profit...I feel like more effort could have been put into that writing wise.

It may be a chill show, but maybe to me it's just.....too basic.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Feb 8, 2019 6:36 PM

Jun 2014
The five are now closer than they ever were before.

Even Onogi appears to be warming up to Minato, but only a little bit.

Mar 29, 2019 7:51 PM

Jun 2017
Honestly, I don't understand some girls in anime, when a guy pays you a compliment on what your wearing all of a sudden he's some perv? or he's sexually harassing you?

What ever happened to just responding with a simple "Thank you" ??

I AM CONFUSION.
Jul 28, 2019 8:20 AM

Aug 2009
It took a while, but the boys have finally bonded. I'm glad they toned down the sudden drama these past few episodes. The character relations are improving visibly and I really liked how Masa-san handled the weekend.

This episode is definitely my favorite till now. It had typical KyoAni slice of life vibes, but this time we got Cute Boys Doing Cute Things instead of girls.
Dec 27, 2019 6:07 AM

Mar 2018
I am clearly easily amused because seeing the boys being forced to get up at four and being servants was rather amusing. Also Masa-san looks truly delicious....erm
Dec 12, 2020 9:34 PM

Jun 2020
This has got to be one of my favourite training camp episodes. I loved it!!!!!!! I really love the direction. The art & cinematography are stunning, the music is beautiful & I love how the character development is weaved in to an otherwise simple SOL

Why are people freaking out over the sexhar comment. It was definitely weird that the coach’s brother, who was an ADULT there as a photographer during a SCHOOL club trip, was making comments about how HIGH SCHOOL GIRLS looked good in their attire. Perhaps her response was a little curt but it definitely wasn’t an innocent compliment & she put him back in his place.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Apr 14, 2022 5:29 AM

Feb 2020
Pretty nice character developments in this episode. Hinata and Onogi are almost like a friends now, hehe.
Aug 27, 2022 5:53 AM
Apr 2022
Sep 30, 2022 8:01 PM
Dec 2021
really great so far. Funny and interesting with many heartfelt moments.
Oct 2, 2022 7:07 PM

Aug 2019
The results of the training camp:

Their bond grows stronger. And they’re closer than before.
Oct 14, 2022 11:00 PM
Dec 29, 2022 9:42 AM
Dec 2022
The animation is sooo pretty as well as the anime it is a very good anime to watch it makes me feel relaxed
Jan 4, 2023 5:41 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I like how their bonds already deepened thanks to the camp
Jan 6, 4:07 AM

Feb 2019
I like the Kyuudou-bu girls, especially the black- and brown-haired girls ^^ they're cute
ShikkakkuJan 6, 4:40 AM
Mar 3, 9:34 AM
Mar 2019
Ah yes, the episode that made Shinji Aoba go crazy.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tsurune: Kazemai Koukou Kyuudoubu Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2019

37 by Shikkakku »»
Jan 7, 5:28 AM

Poll: » Tsurune: Kazemai Koukou Kyuudoubu Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2018

50 by Shikkakku »»
Jan 7, 12:01 AM

Poll: » Tsurune: Kazemai Koukou Kyuudoubu Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2018

40 by Shikkakku »»
Jan 6, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Tsurune: Kazemai Koukou Kyuudoubu Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2018

45 by George8 »»
May 20, 2023 1:55 PM

Poll: » Tsurune: Kazemai Koukou Kyuudoubu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2019

90 by Xionea »»
Apr 13, 2023 7:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.