Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 17, 2018 8:25 PM

Feb 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Mod Edit: Imortant Notice: This episode discussion thread contains spoilers for all six episodes of this installment of the series. It was first aired bundled together and then split up into six episodes after this thread was made. All other episode threads in this board are unofficial episode discussion threads.

Zoku Owarimonogatari contains a story about Koyomi Reverse. He found himself awake but not as a student or student after graduation. He became nobody. At first he thought this was only part of a dream. Until finally he decided to wash his face and see a big change happening to his younger sister.

It all started when Araragi looked in the mirror and immediately it seemed the world was upside down. Hachikuji Mayoi also appeared to be an adult.

Mod Edit: Removed multiple screenshots.

anime-primeNov 6, 2021 3:13 PM
Feb 2, 2019 4:18 PM

Nov 2008
I really liked this movie! It did indeed feel like an extra story, but I'm not complaining. I especially enjoyed the whole Shinobu conversation and the end scene. Speaking of which, I'm kinda disappointed we didn't see much of Senjougahara, but I guess it makes sense that she didn't appear.

The only thing I'm wondering about is the Katakana on Araragi's back... why did it suddenly just disappear?
Feb 3, 2019 2:31 AM

Aug 2015
After finishing Owarimonogatari S2, I couldn't help but wonder what story there was left to tell. After watching it, I guess there really wasn't much left to tell. I liked the overall theme, but it felt a lot like a side story, much like Koyomimonogatari. The usual antics were fun to watch, but the movie lacked in excitement.

Also disappointed that Araragi didn't "sing a real opening".
Kami-KotoFeb 3, 2019 4:17 AM
Feb 17, 2019 9:55 AM

Jan 2013
it was really good but kinda bland and meh at the same time. mark my word.
Feb 28, 2019 2:34 PM

Dec 2017
so, from what i understand it premiered as a single movie, yet BD release is as 6 separate episodes. basically a movie split in 6 parts, enjoyable nonetheless
it would've been easier to adjust as 6 separate discussion threads, but whatever ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ i'll just comment to each episode individually

overall, it was okayish. the last episode was definitely the best one, gave me a bit of feels
and so concludes this cycle Monogatari series, but a new one awaits!
uninstallthegameMar 27, 2019 11:42 AM
Mar 1, 2019 8:06 PM

Aug 2010
No Gahara episode?
Mar 1, 2019 9:03 PM

Feb 2018
hiruman said:
No Gahara episode?
she just supporting maybe this series like Koyomimonogatari.
Mar 2, 2019 7:47 AM
Apr 2016
amazing first episode, i just want to see sodachi now <3
Mar 2, 2019 1:35 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Nice to see grown up Mayoi form again.

It probably won't happen, but I'd love to see a "changed" Senjougahara or Hanekawa. It'd be fun seeing them with a completely different personality.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 2, 2019 2:18 PM
Dec 2017
Shirokuza said:
hiruman said:
No Gahara episode?
she just supporting maybe this series like Koyomimonogatari.

Senjougahara has always been a side character for most of the series. I think one of the purposes of her character is to be Koyomi girlfriend and keep the series from becoming a full-blown harem.
Mar 2, 2019 6:18 PM

May 2015
Hehehe Gaen Izuko is Big Boss.

Based Karen hehe. Karen is around 5'6? Koyomi is pretty short for a guy. Wait...why is Karen shorter than Koyomi here? Something is up...

Ayy Ononoki breaking the fourth wall for us this season! But isn't she supposed to be expressionless?

God damn it. Koyomi making the face when Hachikuji gets in the picture...

Ahahaha! Hachikuji is an adult now...and she gave Koyomi his just rewards! Oh, I guess when Hachikuji became a God, her appearance changed to how she's supposed to look in her current age.

Never mind! Koyomi's in a mirror world! Now he's going to Kanbaru's place because maybe the hot springs will give him a lot of reflections as well as a place to stay hehe. Question now is, what kind of a person will Mirror Kanbaru be?

Ahh, despite how long it has been since Owarimonogatari 2nd, this series is still fun to watch.
Mar 3, 2019 3:27 PM
Jul 2016
xD i just started watching it and this version of ononoki is so good
never thought that smug ononoki would work

be gentle with me mayoi one san

someone needs to reverse the opening so we can hear araragi singing

that was, as expected from monogatari, great episode
remiskaMar 3, 2019 3:45 PM
Mar 4, 2019 12:06 PM

May 2018
Wtf, I thought this was suppose to be a movie that should've run for 2 hrs, so why the fuck that the supposed movie only ran for jaz 24 mins?????
Mar 4, 2019 2:18 PM

Aug 2014
anyone knows the name of the ost in the beginning 5 minutes when he entered the mirror?
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Mar 4, 2019 3:10 PM

Sep 2014
So I just saw the first episode not the movie sadly, I guess I will be editing this comment for every new EP as long as MAL doesnt change it to 6 episodes.

Having Araragi talk about the time after graduation made me remiscent of my own, though I always had a next step ready. So I do wonder how this "floating" around time, essentially as a NEET, would feel like.

A world without Kiss-shot is no world I would want to live in, though adult Hachikuji keeps me going.

PS: not that I forgot about it, but after waiting for 1 1/2 seasons I certainly did not expect the streams to come out so suddenly.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 4, 2019 10:02 PM

Dec 2014
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
Wtf, I thought this was suppose to be a movie that should've run for 2 hrs, so why the fuck that the supposed movie only ran for jaz 24 mins?????

There are six episodes. The last three should come out on the 27th.

Ack, I regret watching the first ep; I want the other five already. Ononoki actually having posed looks is so shocking. I love how Shaft just went overboard with the poses.
I need sleep.
Mar 4, 2019 10:27 PM

Feb 2018
Comander-07 said:
So I just saw the first episode not the movie sadly, I guess I will be editing this comment for every new EP as long as MAL doesnt change it to 6 episodes.

Having Araragi talk about the time after graduation made me remiscent of my own, though I always had a next step ready. So I do wonder how this "floating" around time, essentially as a NEET, would feel like.

A world without Kiss-shot is no world I would want to live in, though adult Hachikuji keeps me going.

PS: not that I forgot about it, but after waiting for 1 1/2 seasons I certainly did not expect the streams to come out so suddenly.

You misinterpreted, in this movie there are actually 3 arcs or episodes that are merged into one. While you hear the news that Zoku Owarimonogatari has 6 episodes but Zoku Owarimonogatari actually has 3 episodes, of which six are TV series for the future. You only misunderstand that having 6 episodes is the TV series Zoku Owarimonogatari which will air in the future.
Mar 7, 2019 3:35 PM

Sep 2014
Shirokuza said:
Comander-07 said:

You misinterpreted, in this movie there are actually 3 arcs or episodes that are merged into one. While you hear the news that Zoku Owarimonogatari has 6 episodes but Zoku Owarimonogatari actually has 3 episodes, of which six are TV series for the future. You only misunderstand that having 6 episodes is the TV series Zoku Owarimonogatari which will air in the future.
Nani? Im even more confused now. In which movie? You mean the 6 episodes?

How do you jump from 1 movie to 3 arcs equaling 3 episodes to also 6 episodes and then to 3 episodes yet 6 series to airing in the future.

This doesnt make any damn sense!
Mar 7, 2019 3:58 PM

Feb 2018
Comander-07 said:
Shirokuza said:

How do you jump from 1 movie to 3 arcs equaling 3 episodes to also 6 episodes and then to 3 episodes yet 6 series to airing in the future.

I don't know that's just my prediction. I only heard rumors from my Facebook page and friends that Zoku Owarimonogatari will later be divided into 6 episodes while in Japan there are still 3 episodes.
Mar 10, 2019 10:01 AM

Mar 2017
That old feels of Monogatari ❤

Mayoi onee-san, short Karen and Yotsugi with expression? Great.
Mar 12, 2019 5:31 PM

Sep 2014
Shirokuza said:
Comander-07 said:

I don't know that's just my prediction. I only heard rumors from my Facebook page and friends that Zoku Owarimonogatari will later be divided into 6 episodes while in Japan there are still 3 episodes.
my las input was 6 episodes on TV which got shown in cinema as one single movie.
Mar 21, 2019 12:15 PM

Aug 2013
eh, that was underwhelming. Poking fun at the story's own lack of creativity doesn't make it any better.

Well, I guess some time the fountain ought to run completely dry. I mean, it has been dry for a while now, but.
Mar 27, 2019 11:45 AM

Dec 2017
hiruman said:
No Gahara episode?

she has a role in the last episode. but it's a pretty small one, so don't expect too much of it
Mar 30, 2019 1:17 PM

Aug 2013
O M G.
How could Mayoi-oneesan be so lovely.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Apr 6, 2019 10:18 PM

Oct 2016
That was fine, I guess. I'm not convinced this movie needed to exist. Just kind of wallowed around and didn't add anything necessary or come to any sort of satisfying conclusion.
TalconJul 4, 2019 8:40 AM
Apr 7, 2019 4:22 AM

Nov 2016
Big sis Mayoi is definitely the superior version.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 10, 2019 4:42 PM

Jan 2013
Karen only being bothered by Araragi after she went from naked to in her underwear is something I definitely would expect from her .. lol
Ononoki is a lot more ... expressive ... like a lot more!
Adult Hachikuji! - Awesome!

Nadeko with her "Shasha" is kinda like Shinobu with her "Kaka" ^^
Yeah I kinda figured out it had to be what they really were on the inside when Tsukihi didn't change that much and why some changed to their apparation form etc.

"Turned on?" - "I'm sorry, I meant put off" ... lmao
Ononoki really is impressive, finding out that she's not the right Ononoki for Araragi at the time and reconfiguring herself.
Wtf lol, a castle instead of the cram school O_O
She's a human because that's her inner side, she used to be human after all. - Clears up the reasoning of Araragi saying vampires dont have reflections and therefore she couldnt be there.

Damn, the effect Shinobu has on people she talks to ...
Ononoki showing the chart with the suicide points lol.
That smirk during the face washing scene was kinda scary.
Oooh, it's Kanbaru's mother!

Lmao Tooe casually saying to Araragi they could do it later caught me offguard.
The "Who wants to be a Millionaire" question was funny ^^
A Clockwork Orange reference!
Oh my ... Araragi in a girls uniform!

Oh god, that whole converstation about it all being a dream stressed me out, glasd they disregarded that, even though we know from Hanamonogatari already that it wasn't and like Ougi said, even I wouldnt dare to pull something like that ^^
Interesting, so he pulled the "mirror world" in to his own world himself.
Awesome way of telling us why he did, it was the regret of leaving everything in the past / burying it.
His "reflection" didn't want to lose it.

Absolutely beautiful "ending" to a fantastic and amazing franchise.
I say "ending" because technically from what we've gotten so far, Hanamonogatari is the ending and there's even more adaptations that come after it ^^ (which I'm really excited for)
This season felt right at home in between the seasons seeing as we've seen him experience all those stories, all the people he's met.
I think they did a fantastic job at reflecting that in this season.

9/10
Jun 4, 2019 5:37 AM

Dec 2018
Pretty nice knowledge on the mirror thing. It's definitely new for me.

So is Gaen Tooe the person that Araragi have regret with? lol. He hasn't ever even meet her.

Ougi became the one to solve Araragi's problem from now on I guess, replacing Meme.

Araragi didn't say his regret regarding Tsukihi, he prolly doesn't realize it yet.

When Hitagi jump like a frog. Yes, she's going to have a frog apparition next,lol. Also she's now following Oikura's hairstyle.

"Araragi Koyomi, I'm just what I looked like." lol, he's saying that when he's in a girl uniform.

Well, Araragi may not having any regrets with Hitagi, FOR NOW.......

If it wasn't because of Hanamonogatari, I would've thought this as a great conclusion for the Monogatari series. Yeah, this mean there's still some sequel to adapt.
Kish0Jun 4, 2019 5:40 AM
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jun 25, 2019 12:11 PM

Apr 2013
I have to admit, that I forgot most about how it ended. But Karen is small? Noooooooo!!!! But Mayoi is big, yaaaaaaaaay!!!! xD
Jul 3, 2019 11:03 AM

Aug 2012
Is like they stopped trying.This is just bad fanfic with the monogatari named slapped over it... hope it improves but have low expectations
Jul 20, 2019 8:11 AM
May 2019
Pretty weak installment of Monogatari, especially when compared to the awesomeness of Owari S2.

My biggest gripe is: I can understand Hitagi not being there and not showing “Kisshot”’s face, but why do an asspull and change Ononoki back to her expressionless self when her mirrored self didn’t show up much?
Dec 23, 2019 4:15 PM
Aug 2019
Anyone can tell me pls what Ononoki had on mind by the reference to Hanamonogatari in this ep??
Mar 6, 2020 8:39 AM

May 2016
Wonderful movie, enjoyed every bit of it... most interesting part was Gaen Tooe
I longed to see what kinda person she was and I’m glad she is superior to her
sister Gaen Izuko.

Big sis Mayoi is <3
Ononoki became more interesting and I really start to like her more after this movie.
Kiss shot Hot as steel wished they would make her appear a bit.
And the Grand Finale goes to Onnonoki she can be dark and cruel with her dark sense
Of humour but at heart she/he is a great person and the ost they played on her scene
was top quality which made me hype.

Let’s not forget about Gahara and Hanekawa a plus for them. 8/10 I could give it a rewatch some day.
Mar 23, 2020 11:53 AM

Feb 2019
mayoi onee-san is my deepest dream
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Jun 12, 2020 3:07 PM

Jul 2016
Bad episode with weird ass shenanigans. The MC meets the adult version of fav loli. And some BS explanation.

Jun 17, 2020 10:22 PM

Apr 2020
Lol. I never thought it will be isekai. Smh HAHAHAHA
Sep 29, 2020 12:27 PM

Jan 2019
I never knew that I needed onee-San Hachikuji until now
Oct 7, 2020 8:46 PM

Aug 2019
What’s with the people commenting their whole opinion on the movie on the episode 1 forum god damn, almost spoiled myself for the rest of the episodes just reading through it.
Oct 8, 2020 12:24 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
snowykevin said:
What’s with the people commenting their whole opinion on the movie on the episode 1 forum god damn, almost spoiled myself for the rest of the episodes just reading through it.

It was at first one whole movie. Then later divided into 6 episodes after this thread was made. So when this thread was made, it was for discussing the entire movie (all 6 episodes).
Nov 12, 2020 8:38 AM

Apr 2019
So Koyomi is trapped in a mirror world with reversed characters, nice.

I'm actually very interested to see all of the reverse characters in these next 5 episodes. Although Tsukihi didn't really change much so maybe that might be the case with some of the others.

We get older Hachikuji back! I'm looking forward to seeing more of her.

Also Kagenui/Ononoki (Kagenoki is what I'll call her) just casually mentioning Hanamonigatari surprised me.
Mar 12, 2021 11:12 PM
Apr 2020
Tacas said:
The only thing I'm wondering about is the Katakana on Araragi's back... why did it suddenly just disappear?

I'm taking a stab in the dark here but I'd guess it's because he was looking at it in the mirror. Tooe was talking about how we use mirrors to see stuff we cant usually see while she was writing it.
Oct 8, 2021 1:58 AM
Aug 2021
Koyomi goes into a mirror world and the weirdest thing is that the other characters aren't completely reversed.

It really looks like she's forcing that expression lol

It was great seeing Adult Hachikuji again!
Oct 15, 2022 10:39 PM
Oct 2020
Well this is the end, beautiful friends. I finally made it though what appears to be all of the available anime for the Monagatari light novel series. I'm glad I persevered to the end. Not that it was that much of a hardship, since I did enjoy the entire series. There were just a few places where the story was maybe a little slow and confusing, especially in a couple of the movies. But for me the high points more than made up for it.

Really one of the greatest struggles was just finding all of the episodes. Although I'm a paying member of VRV, not all episodes were available there. So I had to resort to Bilibili for some and even the dreaded 9anime for this final series. But I'm glad I was able to locate them, especially in sub versions, just a bit of a pain not having them in one place.

But getting back to this final Zoku Owarimonogatari episode (or series as it was presented where I watched it). I was honestly wondering where it was headed for the first few episodes. The jokes about lazy writing suggested that the authors perhaps had some of the same feelings. So when the scene where "it was all a dream" popped up I was thinking, really? Really? After all this investment it's gonna be like that, eh? But fortunately there was more to it than that. Without going into too much detail, suffice to say that I was quite satisfied with the ending. I was glad to see Senjougahara again, looking very fine I might add, and the heart warming leap into the future. Remembrance, reflection, regret. Not really finding the source of regret in the end but being OK with that. Lost and abandoned emotions, the 20 percent. Not only on the part of Araragi but also those he interacted with, in particular all of the girls. In the end he can't say he overcame them, all he did was remember and confront them.

And that's probably good enough.

As one final note I just have to add that this ending reminds me of a poem by Sylvia Plath:

I am solitary as grass. What is it I miss?
Shall I ever find it, whatever it is?
Mar 31, 2023 9:41 AM

Nov 2010
9:02 Sweaty Tsukihi. I love that. She must smell really nice underneath that Yukata.
13:31 Hachikuji's adult version is beautiful!
This mirror world arc seems interesting. I'm looking forward to Araragi exploring it some more.
Dec 15, 2023 3:09 AM

Nov 2023
Damn, what a weird arc. I'm glad it's all done now
Apr 13, 12:45 AM

May 2021
Bruh, Mayoi nee-san can completely spoil me.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zoku Owarimonogatari Episode 5 Discussion

Andrio - Mar 29, 2019

27 by RioFS »»
Apr 14, 7:49 PM

Poll: » Zoku Owarimonogatari Episode 4 Discussion

DtDani - Mar 27, 2019

26 by RioFS »»
Apr 14, 9:44 AM

» Zoku Owarimonogatari Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

anime-prime - Oct 8, 2020

116 by Zimmu »»
Mar 1, 1:44 PM

» OFF SEASON AND MONSTER SEASON anime officially announced, Key Visual and PV

MegamiRem - Jan 16

13 by F_P »»
Jan 18, 1:58 AM

» Off Season anime?

gasman66 - May 30, 2021

13 by JokoSukino »»
Jan 17, 5:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.