Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 19, 2020 2:48 PM
Jul 2018
Carrot Sulong transformation looked majestic and mystic. She had this out worldly beauty to her. And her voice, so lulling and soothing, contained a certain cunningness and mischief to it. Not to mention her flowing long white hair just adds more to her beauty. I thought she had super long hair but no, it is just her small tail also grew to an extended length. I am highly impressed by Carrot's transformation.

And why is Big Mom losing weight? She looks more menacing this way.
Aug 11, 2020 2:26 AM

Jun 2016
If I hadn't already known what Carrot’s Sulong form looked like, I’d have assumed she would turn into a giant gorilla! I am only half joking, especially because Chopper already pulled that move with his previously uncontrollable monster form; albeit under different circumstances. Very quickly however it was revealed that this isn't unique to Carrot, we had a flashback to confirm it was foreshadowed quite loosely, and we had numerous characters remark on the Sulong form as if it was common knowledge to people around here. With this, Carrot can turn into a super saiyan if she looks at the full moon with a clear sky, it unlocks her deep feral memories which make her a fighting machine but if she cannot handle it she dies at the end of the night or so it sounded to me. I couldn't help but laugh at my own joke when I thought about if only the Straw Hats had Krillin on their team, his shiny head would make Carrot invincible!!

Beyond making her a fighting machine, she is flying, shining bright and super electric now. She honestly reminded me a bit of Blanka with her blasting across the sky and shocking people on top of already being an animal person. She was able to eviscerate her foes and trick Daifuku into helping. Daifuku and Oven aren't all that different as they are both easily angered men who will follow their own anger even if it goes against the mission. Maybe Katakuri would do the same if it were to hide his secret but for the most part it's becoming very clear why Smoothie and Katakuri are the sweet generals. Either way, all of that stuff is not as important as Carrot’s motivation. She is living up to Pedro, he was willing to die to make sure these people survived and thus to make sure that he does not die in vain, she's believing in them more than ever and risking her life as he did. It’s her turn now.

Outside of that the gang's all doing the more typical defenses to get out of this sandwich and Big Mom is rapidly losing weight. When I saw this happening last episode I had wondered if it was simply from running around so much, I mean Luffy just lost a ton of weight before breaking Katakuri’s mochi house, it's plausible right? With the way Peros nonchalantly recognized it however I have to wonder if it's something else.

Lastly, seeing Luffy stand still and attempt to channel his haki while In the heat of combat signified the start of what I can genuinely imagine will be one of the best fights in the series. This is similar to Zoro versus Mr.1: there is a broader mission in helping their friends however the deeper mission is self-improvement and growing stronger against a foe which appears unbeatable unless Luffy/Zoro is able to do something they have never done before. Hell, Zoro even awakened that haki-like zen state allowing him to cut steel because he was on the brink of death, not unlike what Luffy is basically attempting. It took a while to get here and I think the first round was, even if good at characterizing Katakuri and well animated at times, a freaking snoozefest when we look at what it stood for. So I'm glad that we have made it. As a fighting game player I also relate with Luffy standing still to try and apply a new skill before getting decked in the face because that happens to me a lot.
Mar 14, 2021 6:09 PM

Jan 2010
For a second I thought I was watching the Monogatari series or something.

Also, I guess flight is just something characters in One Piece can just do. I honestly never really thought much about it, chalking it up to characters just having really powerful jumps.
Aug 13, 2021 10:04 AM

Sep 2015
Wow the gun sound effect though when one of the enemy first shot carrot, it sounded so good ALONG with Carrot's new voice for the transformation,Daifuku has been getting angry too much he starts attacking other Tarte ships without thinking. And brook wants to get into some action already as if he hasn't done enough!

I think Brook joining in the fight with carrots transformation is very very fitting for his theme of character.
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Aug 25, 2021 1:53 AM

Jun 2019
Aww... Sweet Carrot looks so pretty. I love her so much. Her smile. :3
Dec 28, 2021 10:15 AM

May 2016
Carrot's Sulong transformation was badass as hell and a lovely sight for sore eyes! If she's already this powerful by herself, I'd definitely love to see an army of them fight alongside the Straw Hats soon!

Luffy just has to focus a bit more to get the hang of Katakuri's presence. Hold on!

Jun 5, 2022 1:15 AM
Jul 2018
Amazing episode Carrot's sulong form is so beautiful and she was really cool
Nov 6, 2022 6:13 PM

Jul 2019
shiro_kai said:
That voice!

Carrot next Mugiwara pls.
No << Yamato
(pretend I posted this in 2018)
Feb 23, 9:37 PM
Mar 2022
Carrot's, Sulong mode. Gave me serious, Killua from HXH vibes. From the way Carrot casually destroys all of them with lighting speed and smiles at the end like it was nothing...

Carrot is so dang beautiful in Sulong mode, that smile in the end was the cutest thing I've seen all day...

Mar 7, 1:13 AM
Oct 2019
Sulong!!
Carrot Onee-san mode 😍

That one smile scene ☺️

Luffy is definitely cooking on something, i can't wait for it.
Mar 7, 2:07 AM
Jun 2022
carrots sulong form is so badass bruh
Mar 9, 3:34 PM

May 2021
Damn I didn't expect Carrot to look so gorgeous after her transformation! I am impressed
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 123 Discussion

VARIAchan - Dec 19, 2009

45 by kejora »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 118 Discussion ( 1 2 )

VARIAchan - Dec 19, 2009

59 by kejora »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 )

VARIAchan - Dec 19, 2009

52 by kejora »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1100 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 6

159 by Sandaru_NK »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1101 Discussion

phantom346 - Apr 14

8 by kyledluffy »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.