Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 22, 2015 4:08 AM
Mar 2015
I really enjoy seeing how mature Hagu have become from inside and out.
Geez, that glass scene gave me chills. Felt like something from a scary movie and music was weird as well.
Mayama being creepy stalker again... -_- I enjoyed seeing him making friends with that spanish guy.^^
Wow, Kaoru got carried away with his revenge plan. Sure, that guy deserved having company taken away from him but why go so far as crushing his whole life? His son and grandchildren also have nothing to do with this. Its obvious how Shinobu wasnt pleased with situation. At the end, i feel sorry for Kaoru. So many years were spent harbouring that revenge plan and now that the day has come he realised that instead of happiness he attained emptiness.

As for Hagu, it is incredibly DEVASTATING that she might not be able to use her right hand for drawing again. However.... that may sound harsh for some of you BUT IT IS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD. TRUST ME, IT COULD BE WORSE. She could die for heavens sake; instead of one arm her two arms could be damaged or her face, her vision, legs etc.. John Bramblitt is an artist who turned blind 3 years ago and started painting after that. He is widely recognised and his work is AMAZING. Another painter after loosing both of her arms used her mouth to draw.

Even in the the worst scenario Hagu will still be able to draw with her left hand. So,THERE IS STILL HOPE FOR HER.
Jun 13, 2015 2:42 PM

Jul 2009
She is alive, she won't be able to paint, but at least she is alive.
Jun 30, 2015 3:01 PM

Nov 2011
shit happens

like with that choice of song

goddamn fuckin A

the story's jumping all over the place to build a gigantic fan for all the shit in the world to hit it

this show's getting REEEEAL fucking intense and WAY different from how it was in the previous season

J.C.Staff on a roll back then
Jul 10, 2015 6:53 AM

Jul 2013
I'm glad they got their fathers company back.

Poor Hagu though, it would be her hand that got injured. But will she find it to be a blessing or a burden? If she can't draw any more then maybe she will actually be happier without all this pressure everyone keeps putting on her to be brilliant. She could just go out and live in Nagano still and live a simple life of simple pleasures.

I wonder what will happen.
Oct 3, 2015 12:13 PM

Jul 2014
"Oh right....This is reality."
Episode 7 and 8 have been very heavy, and hit me hard.
The grey of autumn, the bitter cold...it reflects the somber tone of these episodes.
My heart is a tangled mess of emotions right now...this anime is too real.
Hagu...
The song choice during the glass incident had a big impact. It was upbeat, but haunting... every moment is fleeting and everything can change in one split second.
The soundtrack overall never fails to evoke feels.
Amazing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2016 5:01 AM

Mar 2014
Baeeeeee

Nooooooo
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jan 17, 2017 4:55 PM

Jan 2013
I didn't see that coming, Hagu was so much more mature in how she is portrayed this season.
Jan 19, 2017 9:03 AM

Feb 2008
Hagu's words at the very beginning of the episode were exceedingly ominous. Particularly in the light of the injuries she sustained. It must have been a gruesome sight...
Apr 13, 2017 6:25 AM

Feb 2013
Ok, I was afraid about nothing in the end, I couldn't care less if she can't draw if she is alive and happy.
Revenge is bittersweet.
May 6, 2017 3:37 PM

Nov 2016
The song during the incident was a strange choice, however the rest of the episode was top notch.

Mayama seems to have a lot of fun in spain, but I was really scared there for a second when they showed the church.

Sad to see that Kaoru fell victim to his hatred.

Not as sad as seeing Hagu suffer,though. Boy that episode broke my heart..
FMmatronMay 6, 2017 4:22 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 7, 2018 1:13 PM

Apr 2016
This series can go from depressing in the first minutes with Hagu talking about the future, to funny with Mayama and his Spain adventures, to sad and tear-jerking in the last minutes with the aftermath of the accident. What an amazing series this is.
Apr 4, 2018 11:03 AM

May 2015
Poor HAgu. I hope she gets better.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 25, 2018 11:00 AM

May 2016
what was that weird song/////./?

the injury was rather a lot, hope she gets better soon enough.

Kaoru oh boy he wen't in like a boss but at the end he suffered the most of all.
Dec 31, 2018 8:51 AM

Jan 2013
ahaha! serves hagu right! and it would honestly have been better if she died. only a mentally challenged gets crashed under glass panels in such a way standing there absent mindedly like lot's wife.
Mar 17, 2019 2:59 PM

Feb 2018
She's still breathing, but for someone like Hagu, losing the ability to paint can feel like a symbolic death.
*Mourning the disappointment of The Promised Neverland season 2.*
Jun 12, 2020 6:56 PM
May 2020
Is what Hagu said at the beginning of the episode mean that she is going to attempt suicide if her hand can't heal?!?!!? Also, the bittersweet story of those two brothers stealing back their dad's former company. Man, this show is melancholy. Please, please let this show give the cast a happy ending....
Jul 12, 2020 12:28 PM
Nov 2017
The people complaining about the song. How do you not understand contrast. I found that entire seen unbearably eery. The music playing as the wind blows her hair. The storm clouds. The weather vein. Everyone's faces and the discomfort on them. It was all so unbearable to me. The melody fit the wind blowing around her so perfectly. And as the glass shattered and reigned down her my heart broke. And the fast paced lyrics matched the wind so well. one of my favorjte things about tv, anime and movies is the art of matching the perfect song to a scene. It has the power to utterly break you. And this is the art of cinema at its finest. Honey and Clover has perfectly matched music to so many scenes and this is no exception
KursedArcanaJul 12, 2020 12:34 PM
Dec 26, 2020 2:05 AM

Nov 2018
Nothing wrong with the choice of music.
It was extremely tense and everything worked out great.

Probably the best episode of the season (although almost every episode of this season was a straight 9 or 10) .

Finally a good drama that doesn't seem too exaggerated.
I hate everyone equally
Dec 28, 2020 9:05 AM

Jun 2020
It made me glad as I scrolled through this thread & saw those who defended the choice of music before Hagu got injured. I guess it’s apparent that Hachiclo is a josei & clearly not for everyone since people blatantly miss the nuances every episode. This aside, also when Takemoto, Ayu, Hagu & Shuu were talking about going to the beach & Takemoto’s monologue was saying how they eventually didn’t go — everyone just jumped to the conclusion that’s it’s a death flag or someone’s going to die.....er.... NO....???!? Jesus..... talk about completely missing the point. It was a perfect scene saying that that’s life, you make plans, you have all these ideas for creating memories & they almost always don’t happen. It was conveyed so beautifully & I was so sad to see that almost everyone in that thread missed that nuance.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Jun 16, 2021 9:52 AM

Jan 2021
Hagu-chan!!!!!! I hope she’s ok….T_T
Jan 13, 2023 4:09 PM

May 2018
hell yeah let's jam to Hagu getting glass cannon'd T_T

Anyways I think it's starting to become melodramatic... what happened to the comedy that s1 was so full of? Honestly I think it would've been better if this stayed as a rom-com. Still waiting for Takemoto and Hagu-chan ship to sail
Feb 11, 2023 4:29 PM

May 2022
 We've been told, "It's only a TV show", and "It's just an anime". But there are some series that are more than "just an anime". And we sometimes relate to characters, especially the characters of Umino Chika, as if they were our own friends and family. The character of Hagu was designed to be the viewers' younger sister. We are all meant in a way to assume the role of Hanamoto Shuuji, the older cousin who takes on the role of big brother, childhood crush. Like Shuuji, we have been watching over Hagu for 34 episodes, some of us for ten volumes of manga as well. We have invested a lot in Hagu: our emotions, our feelings about ourselves and our own friends and family, our time and money. Many viewers are artists themselves, or little sisters, or of small stature, who identify with Hagu even more strongly. 

So this is a very painful episode. And the anime seems to give detail, color, movement, to violence that was only suggested by a few sketches in the manga. If anyone has been triggered by the seemingly random violence of the events of episode 8, and you want to chat about it, send me a message, and I will lend a sympathetic ear.

Why does Umino Chika allow this to befall our beloved friends? Is it because life is full of shitty things, and she doesn't want to hide behind sweet romantic love stories? Does she want to tell us something about being an artist, and how the random traumas of life determine our future? Is Hagu's future supposed to be a model or example for us and how to deal with unexpected illness, accidents, death?

I really just want Yamada to have a cute wedding scene with Nomiya, and I don't care about the Morita brothers' revenge.  Get well, precious Hagu-chan!
Jun 28, 2023 12:31 AM

Jul 2021
what the fuck? why?

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Shuu-chan loves Hagu?

Meruto - Jan 19, 2011

39 by Z0mbieB0y »»
Apr 4, 12:56 PM

Poll: » Hachimitsu to Clover II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kayro - Mar 30, 2008

212 by Katsu-kun »»
Feb 17, 12:55 PM

Poll: » Hachimitsu to Clover II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Mar 29, 2008

82 by Danahi82 »»
Jan 24, 1:09 AM

» Sandwiches - How long did it take Hagu?

Barusamikosu - Dec 24, 2023

1 by Rama_Chan »»
Dec 25, 2023 12:35 AM

» How is this related to march comes in like a lion?

TsutanaiFuun - Jun 28, 2023

6 by accidentalfloss »»
Jul 2, 2023 10:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.