Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 17, 2018 5:08 AM

Mar 2016

The Monolith is a massive tower in the heart of Calantra. It appears to be extremely high tech, but nothing can be learned from it due to it's impenetrable nature. Nothing damages it. And the door is sealed. It is popular belief that the Monolith was a Legion structure before the darkness defeated them. It's function is completely unknown.
ValkanJan 26, 2019 5:13 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Mar 28, 2019 5:28 PM

Nov 2015
Luna Beleth

Astral Veil
Cannot be seen or heard unless specified.

Luna brought her new sword with her journey towards the Monolith, slowly making her way towards it. Being wary of any additional portal or such that she could spot as she made her way across the city in Astral Veil.

@Darth_Lewdious ((Posted here as you didn't react to her approaching monolith.))
Mar 28, 2019 5:58 PM

Mar 2016
Even after centuries, the collosal tower seems just as new as it was three hundred years ago. Here in the Astral Veil, you can see waves of energy rippling out from it, and a small torch of energy directed towards the center of Calantra, where the rift, and the Songbird was located. Even the black pain was thin here. You would eventually find a big door. There was a terminal, but the keys to it where in a language you dont understand. You felt much more, heavy around it. Like you were closer to the physical world.Like it was pinning the two sheets of the world together.Truly, with suffcient power, one might even be able to tear their way through it to the other side. What effects that would have on the local Aethersphere is not a commonly researched contingency, and so nothing is known about it.
Mar 29, 2019 3:35 PM

Nov 2015
Luna Beleth

Astral Veil
Cannot be seen or heard unless specified.

Luna would shudder, as she had approached it. This thing was at fault, it certainly had to be. The anomaly, had to be connected to this device. And the terminal...

Luna approached it and observed the terminal panel: "Luna Beleth... I apologize, if I am intruding but I think I have to get in... I don't think there is anyone else here left..."

Luna peered at the language. The symbols did not make sense at all. Luna would press at the panel in some logical manner, after all it was some sort of technology, so it wouldn't be that much different than trying to access a computer that was in Chinese. Maybe eventually you were going to get lucky. She would try for a while, if it wouldn't work she'd use the sword in frustrating and try to slam it at the door ... ? Hidden ability universal key? XD
Apr 1, 2019 11:33 PM

Mar 2016
Unfortunately, Luna had kept pressing buttons. She did find the submit key, because everytime she pressed that particular key, the one in the center, the whole interface would flash red and the prompt would refresh. It wasnt until she had struck the doorway that the tower produced a loud, frankly irritating sound. A panel above the door had dissappeared, and had extended from the wall was a small sphere attached to an arm. it contained many lenses. it constantly emitted a ray of light in every direction, until the lenses began to change color. From grey, to red, to green, to yellow, but it stopped at blue. It retracted the camera(?) and from its sides, two high tech drones deployed, each with blue lenses. They fired a lazer, this laser seemingly pulled the sword out of the Astral Veil, and into the Physical world with a seamless transition. They then did the exact same thing to you. ripping you from the Astral Veil in a sensation that couldnt be described in words. Luna Beleth has left the Astral Veil.

Suddenly, the drones were gone, and you feel a sense of lightheadedness, accompanied by a strange desire to leave. The time on our MHPT has changed, or rather jumped forward an hour and twelve minutes.
May 2, 2019 1:22 PM

Nov 2015
Luna Beleth

Luna stood by the monolith as despite of her desire to leave, the sense of danger outside was greater. She knew she did not want to go out there until morning would break. She used her MHPT to plot a course outside from Calantra and marked the altar for a latter expedition into her map. It wasn't too difficult for a Belethian to track where she had walked. She checked that the route could possibly use the discovered astral rifts as escape route and take advantage of the rift at the center which likely was not going to attract that much of attention. She also chose the routes to be on as open as possible to attract hostile entities from their hiding spots. After setting the map, she looked at the clock and pressed her back against the wall. She almost wanted to cry, it had been an exhausting ordeal. She then started to record:

"This is Luna Beleth of IAHD. In the event that I won't make it back... And something goes wrong with resurrection. I have uncovered it all. Calantra, it's secrets. I think I have only scratched a surface. I... We discovered... There were three of us... Now I am only one left. Probably malfunction of a pylon. There were anomalies in the air, we could find three. Each one lead to this dimension, like ours. And not like ours. The air is filled with shards of mirrors. At the center of it, is a creature. It sings a beautiful song yet it's sadness reminds me of only death. It keeps away something that could be described as liquid pain, the most foulest taint. It is a disease. A seeping corruption that infests all of Calantra. This place may have been at the epicenter of it all. I picked up a weapon, it belonged to a valiant warrior. Possibly a deity... Now dead. Only a skeleton remains. The wraiths on the other side, they drive people to madness and suicide. And these spirits of the dead... They have never passed on to the other side. The xera anomalies, they all came from the center. There is a tear to nothingness. Or so I heard. I also found an altar, but it was surrounded by this corruption. I couldn't approach it. It felt... Out of place. Out of place from this city. Out of place from that dimension. And the Monolith. Something is wrong with it. It affected that dimension as well. I don't know, if I will ever make it back. It's too risky to try to leave from Calantra until the sun is up. I have no other alternative but to try to get in. There is some sort of energy torch connecting the great rift and the monolith. And I don't know, if the intentions are good. Luna Beleth out." Luna would send the video message to IAHD and she would then turn around.

She would look at the panel and at the clock at her MHPT, trying to desperately come up with a way to open it. Despite of everything, it felt like her safest choice and she was quite desperate. She leaned against the sword and at the door as she tried to press the buttons on the panel in some form of logical sequences. Trying to make patterns and break patterns, avoiding to repeat anything she did more than once. For now she had time.
Inaru-samaMay 3, 2019 1:10 AM
May 2, 2019 4:23 PM

Mar 2016
As she tried to send her message, the MHPT responded with a rather long wait, and then an error.
Data Not Sent, Interference is preventing transmission. Recording saved to files.

As she began to press buttons, eventually a voice came out and spoke. You are still here. You are not an authorized user of this interface. The Stabilization Beacon does not require maintenance at this time. Unauthorized personnel are not allowed within the Stabilizer Unit.

May 3, 2019 1:19 AM

Nov 2015
Luna Beleth

Luna would press the interface one more time to ensure that she was heard, her voice was slightly shocked. She tried to look at some form of camera that was observing the situation. "Stabilization beacon!? I am Luna Beleth of the IAHD. The International Association of Human Defense. I was sent here to investigate because of the instabilities due to a fear of the extinction level disaster that happened over 300 years ago to repeat itself. Due to the instability of this area, rest of my group are MIA or KIA. We are the only ones left fighting for a new tomorrow. I wouldn't be here, if there wasn't a rupture to emptiness in the center of Calantra leaking toxic quantities of Xera. A rupture that is connected to this "stabilization beacon". A rupture that was not here just a few days ago... I don't know who you are but I request that you would authorize me."
May 6, 2019 11:17 PM

Mar 2016
Accessing Records and Protocol... Scanning for Available Handlers...

Strange how the entire tower appears to be mega-metallic, but whenever it dees needed, it can just cut itself into pieces. Or perhaps the fit is so nanoscopically fine, that it appears flush throughout. Regardless, the sids of the Pillar halfway up split out and three pulses of blue energy disperse in all directions. It closes back up and then seals its lines up again.

3 Handlers Identified on this planet. Nykas Krym, Phosphate 1002658, Elydias Nodram. You are not authorized, and no reason to authorize you is present. Presenting evidence.

It paused for a moment. It sure was slow for such sophisticated technology. Or perhaps it just had a lot of data to churn through.

Roughly Three Hundred Years ago the Xeraphic presence in this world spiked from fractionally nonexistent, to proper saturation in one year indicating a Massive Rupture and a Super Rift. Isos-HJ100438 was deployed. Its signal was lost shortly after, but this Pylon remained. Residual Shadows continued to spike all the way unto RESURRECTION, until it dropped. Incursion Status was shifted back to RADIANT. Since then Residual Shadows have read to be minimal ever since. Xeraphic Levels have also been on decline. However a planar shift has been identified recently. Xeraphic Energy leaks have been detected from the Astral Plane. However, the current concentration is not Toxic, and the osmosis rate for environmental Xera outpaces the leak. All diagnostics and readings have proven to be optimal. No action is required from this Stabilization beacon. As of now, the repair of the Dimensional Fabric is underway, and the Rupture in this area has shrunken considerably in the past few centuries. Protocol 974 requests an authorized Handler to reestablish contact with Praxis Fleet Command.
May 7, 2019 2:25 PM

Nov 2015
Luna Beleth

Upon hearing the first "handler" mentioned Luna blinked twice, she was visible struck back. She'd quickly collect her thoughts as the thing rejected a reason to authorize her. Especially as it deemed necessary to display evidence.

It was part of Beleth's to not be wasteful but it was the que to be as focused as possible. After all her survival depended on that. She would wait for the monolith to go quiet. And then continue.

"You are presenting your evidence based on lacking information. I, Luna Beleth claims that this pylon has lost it's connection to the fleet. In addition she claims that threat of a new incursion of shadow is no longer possible. And that my mission has become now more imperative and Luna must make a report to IAHD alive and escalate it to Nykas Krym, if necessary."

"As evidence I can offer my MHPT, it should be able to provide access to historical databases to synch up what has happened after the end of war. It is written that the fleets were destroyed; the dark incursion was successful, and an end of world scenario was about to take place as the two gods clashed. Death intervened during the final hour and killed both of the gods. Ending the conflict and threat of Darkness. After that the society has spent 300 years rebuilding. The technology that this Pylon represent was... is - a relic of past. One of the only ones left behind in wake of destruction. Almost no one made it back alive. If I may be so brazen, the reason why Protocol 974 has been disregarded is because there is no fleet to report back at. The war left it's scars. And not much was left behind. From our viewpoint that is a norm after the devastating war, it is very very alarming that the Calantra site has alerted the IAHD monitoring satellites of Xera readings. I require all the information on this Planar shift and risks that it may pose."
Inaru-samaMay 7, 2019 3:21 PM
May 7, 2019 10:16 PM

Mar 2016
After a bit of a pause, the one talking seems to have prepared their counter. "This data has been logged, but confirmation from an Authorized handler or command is required to verify. Xeraphic Energy is too high to make contact without extra energy. Furthermore, if the possibility of a Dark Incursion event has become zero, then the issue of a Dimensional Collapse remains present. Until the Tear in Calantra is sealed by this Beacon, it poses a potential risk. Humans have been known to exploit the Void. To cataclysmic results. While the urgency shifts the priorities remain the same. So far progress is on track with no deviation from the expected parameters."

"Planar Shifts have been detected between all three Metaphysical layers of reality. The Blue Layer is getting pressed the Yellow Layer and the Red Layer. The possibility of a Collision Event is currently at 79% in favor of occurrence. Symptoms may included Mirror Corridors appearing in less stable places. Higher Xeraphic density in the Yellow Layer may be explained by these. The rift here has been spewing this xera into the Blue Layer. When the Planar Shift began, anywhere between 2-7 Mirror Doors may have opened up. Released Xera into the environment. Given current levels, they should disperse in three days. I do not have access to this Universe's Index. I am unable to harvest the appropriate information about this worlds current affairs."
May 8, 2019 3:16 PM

Nov 2015
Luna Beleth

"Can you provide me a safe exit from Calantra? I need to get to the following coordinates ['Insert Karn - IAHD HQ geomarker coordinates.'] I will need to report this immediately to IAHD and to Nykas Krym whom it is imperative that I establish contact with. From the effects of the planar shifts, I can verify that at least three mirror doors have opened and currently the presence of wraiths is giving me too much trouble to safely exit the vicinity of this Beacon. I cannot make a safe route out without being attacked by one... I haven't slept for all night so I don't think how well in my current fatigued state I could fend off such an attack."
May 13, 2019 5:49 PM

Mar 2016
Precursory scans of your neurological organs has indicated hallucinogenic episodes and outside psionics. Fatigue and exaustion high. You can sleep safely here. Nothing hostile gets close to the Stablization Beacon. Nothing. Otherwise, I have not enough spare power to redirect your existence away while maintianing safety margins for the Void Chasm nearby.
May 14, 2019 11:14 AM

Nov 2015
Luna Beleth

Hearing the words of promised safety would make Luna's feet to crumble down and she became visibly exhausted, leaning against the door and falling down. She held to the sword like it held some emotional value to her. "I didn't know I was so tired..."

She had trouble keeping her eyes open.

"So many things... I saw so many things out there... So much grief and death... And then... There was this beautiful man. Who fell down from heavens and left a crater down the ground... Fought bravely in the war against the darkness. This sword... It used to belong to him. He was lost and forgotten down here. It brings much sadness to me... And there was an altar with a petrified angel... it was weeping blood...."

Luna took a heavy yawn. Despite of the unease around her, she would barely stay awake for another five minutes. The uneasiness of her experiences and witnessing the horrors of the night time Calantra made it possible that she did not fall asleep outright. But after some time ... maybe one or two responses later, she would fall asleep. Never letting go of the sword that she found in the astral world.
May 28, 2019 11:43 PM

Mar 2016
You felt a sudden jolt awake. Warning, a Collision Event has been detected. The Layers are shifting. Dimensional Collision is imminent!

Almost as if on cue, you watched as the blue morning sky was awashed in a veil of black. The sun behind it colored red. You suddenly felt nauseous as you looked at the sky. You could taste blood in your mouth and watched as the sky began to rain blood. The droplets fell one by one, hundred by hundred. Unaware that this was happening across the whole planet.
May 29, 2019 11:56 AM

Nov 2015
Luna Beleth

Luna opened her eyes, if it wasn't for the weight of the sword that rested on her shoulder she would've darted on her feet. She got up and and listened cautiously, her back against the door of the monolith and she stood tall. Her eyes darted from one place to another looking for a focal points in the horizon as the sky turned. As Luna watched at the sun she would cough to get rid off the unsavory taste. "Blood!?" She would watch as the sky cried blood. Her eye trembled from disbelief. And she could feel her heartbeat loudly. The see the ruined city washed in blood, it was not a beautiful sight. It was like a sight of nightmares and the stench... And this wasn't even the downpour.

"The chance was ... 79% so is this..." Luna turned around and she placed her hand on the panel: "You woke me up. So dimensional collision constitutes for a warning. How bad is the situation?"

She then placed her forehead against the door. It's no use. Even, if I'd learn something more. It's already too late. I should have been out there to warn about this yesterday. If it only had been possible to establish a line of communications to the IAHD... Could people have prepared for this? And I am an outsider for this archaic construct. Outsider?

Luna took a deep breath and she would shout out loudly: "Do you have ... Does there exist any emergency conscription protocols to recruit new personnel in the event of a crisis?"
Jun 4, 2019 4:37 PM

Mar 2016
The Dimensional Collision presents a risk to expand the Void Chasm. Protocol dictates a warning of all dimensional anomalies. The Red Layer is beginning to overlap with the Yellow Layer. The Blue Layer is dividing between them. You witness a red line of energy streak slowly across the sky. Like slow motion lightening. It happened again in the distant horizon. Convergence events are likely now. Cross Planar Rifts are being detected. Potential Threat Unknown. Void Resonance is within expected parameters. Data on the Collision is scarce. Only 32 known events since the dawn of the Fleet across all twenty seven billion multiverses traversed. No protocols on the Event are present. Judicators, Operators, and Hands have the authority to recruit new units into the Fleet. An Authorized handler would need to confirm.
Jun 5, 2019 4:54 PM

Nov 2015
Luna Beleth

Luna took a deep breath: "In our most darkest hours do we find our noblest aspirations." Luna whispered. She gazed at the horizon. And then she steeled herself. Who I am. Doesn't matter. What I have done. Doesn't matter. What I'll amass doesn't matter. The xeraphic instability will only grow in strength. And I am the only one who knows what is happening. I have to warn them. If this voide chasm ruptures. It could kill everyone. I can't let that to happen. No matter who tried to stop me. I'll protect everyone.

Luna grabbed the sword: "As long as you have enough power to keep the void chasm under check. I will find an authorized handler. And I will return. I promise." If the Monolith had nothing else to say, Luna would check on the map in her MHPT. With her understanding of the layout, she'd plot a route; assuming that dark shadows and cover would draw in wraiths due to them being their hiding spots. She'd try to choose a route with as few places for a wraith to hide unless they were out in the open.

"I only need to hope to get in range to establish communications." If it was possible, Luna would attempt to set her MHPT in such way that, if she stopped moving, then it would alert her at maximum volume. After all the preparations were done, Luna would try to make it outside of Calantra as quickly as possible. Luna would leave the Monolith
Jun 6, 2019 1:48 PM

Mar 2016
I have kept the Void Chasm in check for three centuries now. The Chasm is nine times smaller than when the Beacon was first deployed. It remains well within expected parameters and within the first percentile of the designated safety values. The Void Chasm is of no current concern. I would warn you, the collision may cause excitation of the Astral Beings. You should expect high specter activity.

With that heads up, Luna had left the area. Beginning her second trek through the Worlds Grave. Luna has entered Calantra.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Cathedral of New Pantheon ( 1 2 )

Darth_Lewdious - Nov 7, 2018

59 by Zelda102 »»
Nov 13, 2019 8:40 PM

» Natah Jungle ( 1 2 )

Darth_Lewdious - Oct 10, 2018

51 by Xylolicious »»
Oct 7, 2019 2:55 PM

» Karn City ( 1 2 )

Darth_Lewdious - Oct 20, 2018

84 by crow890 »»
Oct 1, 2019 4:02 PM

» Apex Company Headquarters

Darth_Lewdious - Oct 28, 2018

45 by Valkan »»
Sep 29, 2019 12:34 AM

» Collector HQ

Darth_Lewdious - Nov 6, 2018

16 by Xylolicious »»
Sep 21, 2019 11:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.