Forums
Domestic Girlfriend
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 16, 2018 9:04 PM

Aug 2018
Who do you think the mc would end up to,
please answer seriuosly.

Because if I continue to read I think I will only end up hurting myself.

I'm frustrated, I can't stop rooting for Hina. What should I do?
lushlif_Nov 16, 2018 9:10 PM
Nov 16, 2018 9:08 PM
Nov 2016
Hina. Still hoping for rui though
Nov 16, 2018 9:13 PM

Aug 2018
cabrerajohn said:

Same lol

Hi, I want to hear your thoughts about why rui should end up with the mc?

Also, I want to add up, the mc doesn't deserve Hina.
lushlif_Nov 16, 2018 9:22 PM
Nov 17, 2018 1:28 AM

Apr 2011
I want to believe that it would be Rui considering their first encounter and how well she supported Natsuo all this time especially when he's just broken up with Hina and when he had a slump.

But with Rui in America and with all the development with the Stalker and currently his slump again which Hina might help him with... it's hard to say. Hina and Natsuo did have a great bond not long ago. But I don't want him to be a jerk and go back to Hina just like that.

I don't want this to end up like Kimi no Iru Machi, I still remember how much of a douchebag Haruto was.
Nov 17, 2018 1:59 AM
Jul 2018
Hina. I ship Natsuo x Rui tho. They have some of the best couple chemistry.
Nov 17, 2018 5:41 AM

Jan 2018
Well, I don't know because i dropped this manga at ch 67 and gave it 1 if possible i want to give this minus infinite because i feel so frustrated reading every ch of this fucking garbage manga after that i've checked some ch to see how it is going but still... the fucking drama.
Nov 17, 2018 5:42 AM
Nov 2016
lushlif_ said:
cabrerajohn said:

Same lol

Hi, I want to hear your thoughts about why rui should end up with the mc?

Also, I want to add up, the mc doesn't deserve Hina.

I really like rui's personality. Very sweet and caring. Hina is also very considerate thinking for natsuo's future. She really acts as his big sister. But the sweetness of rui will melt your heart which can't be compared to hina. Even though i'm a guy, i keep screaming whenever rui is on the move.

Yeah, the mc doesn't deserve hina lol
Nov 17, 2018 7:56 AM

Aug 2018
Oh fuck nevermind, this shit's turning into a harem. such a waste.
Nov 17, 2018 8:07 AM

Aug 2018
Congintive said:
Well, I don't know because i dropped this manga at ch 67 and gave it 1 if possible i want to give this minus infinite because i feel so frustrated reading every ch of this fucking garbage manga after that i've checked some ch to see how it is going but still... the fucking drama.

I regretted not dropping this manga around chapters 80+, or around something like that. Well, the thing that keeps me want to continue read this is that deep inside me I still want Hina to end up with the Mc, but, this shit's just getting worse every chapter.

My last hope's the anime though....
Nov 17, 2018 6:42 PM
Nov 2018
I can't root for Natsuo and Rui because of the way they got together. I certainly would never use 'cute' to describe Rui. Too manipulative, conniving, disloyal, selfish and entitled. Those types of females do tend to go after indecisive, troubled guys like Natsuo.

I also know that Natsuo does not deserve a woman like Hina who would do anything for him and wants the best for him even if she couldn't benefit too. If the author decided to put them back together, he should work hard to prove himself to her.
SunnymeNov 19, 2018 1:23 PM
Nov 18, 2018 12:11 PM
Apr 2016
Hina best girl

Hina>miyabi>rui

Nov 18, 2018 12:24 PM

Jul 2014
Damn so serious. Befitting of this very serious manga.

I think Rui.

I also prefer Rui. Hina's a bit too much of the messed up while trying to be semi-mature character for me.

Also Rui is friendly. Hina will have options among some odd men. Rui only fancies MC.

Artist also has decent taste when it comes to presenting Rui.

Also Rui is not as messed up as most of this insane cast.

Best version of Rui is like an actually good person.

Please vote for Rui in the next contest she enters.

Thanks for your service to Rui Tachibana
Nov 19, 2018 1:22 PM
Nov 2018
lamawalrus said:

I think Rui.

I also prefer Rui. Hina's a bit too much of the messed up while trying to be semi-mature character for me.

Also Rui is friendly. Hina will have options among some odd men. Rui only fancies MC.

Friendly? Rui? She actually has friendly people around her and they have been friendly to her. Thanks to Natsuo, she was able to function better around people.

What does that mean - Hina will have options among some odd men? Maybe Rui only fancies Natsuo now but so does Hina and so does Miyabi. Where is it written in stone that you're only supposed to be with one person for the rest of your life? It looks like Rui will have other options too.

Do you have any real basis for the things that you're claiming? She's plenty messed up for me - she does a lot of underhanded stuff because it's what she wants, not because it's best for the person she loves.

I think that Hina is a very good character.
Nov 19, 2018 1:34 PM

Jul 2014
Sunnyme said:
lamawalrus said:

I think Rui.

Friendly? Rui? She actually has friendly people around her and they have been friendly to her. Thanks to Natsuo, she was able to function better around people.

What does that mean - Hina will have options among some odd men? Maybe Rui only fancies Natsuo now but so does Hina and so does Miyabi. Where is it written in stone that you're only supposed to be with one person for the rest of your life? It looks like Rui will have other options too.

Do you have any real basis for the things that you're claiming? She's plenty messed up for me - she does a lot of underhanded stuff because it's what she wants, not because it's best for the person she loves.

I think that Hina is a very good character.

Hello. If you want to talk about little basis, then I prefer if you suffocate me with basis of your own! For now you only present vague feelings, similar to what I did in my post.
Nov 19, 2018 4:12 PM
Nov 2018
I think that Hina is a very good character.[/quote]

Hello. If you want to talk about little basis, then I prefer if you suffocate me with basis of your own! For now you only present vague feelings, similar to what I did in my post.[/quote]

Suffocate is a nice word choice.

You are the only person I've ever seen describe Rui as friendly. Even her own write up doesn't describe her as friendly. Her fans frequently refer to her as tsundere. I don't think you being the only one I've seen means that you're a unique thinker (though you might be), I just think it means that you are wrong.

I don't think I'm being vague about anything - have you not really read the manga?
Nov 20, 2018 8:12 AM

Aug 2018
Mind if I join your discussion,

I am in favor of Sunnyme, Hina's character shows many good points compared to rui.
Nov 20, 2018 10:29 AM

Jul 2014
Sunnyme said:

Suffocate is a nice word choice.

You are the only person I've ever seen describe Rui as friendly. Even her own write up doesn't describe her as friendly. Her fans frequently refer to her as tsundere. I don't think you being the only one I've seen means that you're a unique thinker (though you might be), I just think it means that you are wrong.

I don't think I'm being vague about anything - have you not really read the manga?

Not vague in what you mean, vague in justifying it. "She does a lot of underhanded stuff" is not a lot of justification, similar to my lines like "Rui is not as messed up as most".

You guys don't seem motivated enough to get into this properly on your own, so I guess I'll do it for you:

Both characters are clearly meant to be good. They do gestures of kindness, self-sacrifice, and love. Everything else is a caveat.

Superficially, Rui is intended to be blunt and a little hard to approach. Not in a classic tsundere way like Rin Toosaka, but something more related to social awkwardness. Also with the added "demon" vibe when she is angry, a common gag for her character trope. Hina on the other hand is superficially friendly and has a big sister vibe. Sure, I see where you're coming from, but this is the basics that change small comments, first meetings, and a lot of jokes.

Underneath that, Hina is a character that revolves around hiding, secrecy, deciding things that impact others on her own, and bottling things up. This is core in almost all her story and remarked on by the characters, Natsuo losing it over that behavior at one point.

Rui's "tsundere" behavior is just a thin layer on top of insecurity and deep friendliness. She consistently does small gestures for Natsuo throughout the start of the story more than any character, and chooses her profession for a similar reason, making others have a good time. Most of her worries relating to Natsuo are about making her sister sad. Her relationships with others go through a short standoff-ish phase, which quickly transitions to her being understanding, forgiving and/or friendly, as is seen at the restaurant, and with Al, Shuu, Takiya and even Serizawa.

It's not that I'm a unique thinker, it's just that you're talking about surface level character design (mostly tropes), not what is revealed throughout the story which is (imo) more interesting in most stories.
Jan 5, 2019 8:57 PM
Nov 2018
No, those two statements are not the same. Who is most messed up is subjective but underhanded behaviour is underhanded behaviour. I mean as I much as I adore Hina and while I can make excuses for her succumbing for Shuu’s deception and charm to commit adultery then Natsuo’s later persuasion and starting an affair with a student, these things were wrong.

'Both characters are clearly meant to be good. They do gestures of kindness, self-sacrifice, and love. Everything else is a caveat.'

"They" do gestures of self-sacrifice? Rui? When has she done anything for anyone else that came at a true cost to herself? Everything she's done for Natsuo was for her to get and later keep him.

'Underneath that, Hina is a character that revolves around hiding, secrecy, deciding things that impact others on her own, and bottling things up. This is core in almost all her story and remarked on by the characters, Natsuo losing it over that behaviour at one point.'

You are trying to ascribe negative connotations to her actions and character - I would simply ask who is she doing that for? Not herself - often to benefit others at the cost of herself. She tries to not to burden the people around her with her problems. It’s called be a caring person and this is what self-sacrifice looks like.

Rui's "tsundere" behavior is just a thin layer on top of insecurity and deep friendliness. She consistently does small gestures for Natsuo throughout the start of the story more than any character, and chooses her profession for a similar reason, making others have a good time. Most of her worries relating to Natsuo are about making her sister sad. Her relationships with others go through a short standoff-ish phase, which quickly transitions to her being understanding, forgiving and/or friendly, as is seen at the restaurant, and with Al, Shuu, Takiya and even Serizawa.

She isn’t deeply friendly, she just craves affection and that’s normal – nothing wrong with that. She has a distinct lack of interest in the people around her (which probably contributed to that baseless theory that she was autistic). She only forms attachments with others who are persistent in getting close to her or who she has to be in close proximity to regularly. You forgot Momo on your little friendly list and she would have been the best person to try to illustrate your ‘deep friendliness’ point. Even her defence of Momo in the beginning is not so much about Momo but her not liking being told what to do. Most of the time, she’s still a bit reserved with these people that she’s supposed to be friends with that I never really got the impression that she really gives much of a damn about anyone other than Natsuo. She’s slightly close to Daniella but only because she’s Rui’s roommate. Those people are friendly to her and they regard her as a friend. She used Al when she was never serious about him and Al was always more of Natsuo’s friend while pursuing her as a potential lover.
She and Kajita are not friends, just co-workers who have a very slight attraction/awareness between them.
She cares about making her sister sad? Most of the time I have seen her giving lip service to Hina's feelings. Hina and Natsuo start dating – cold treatment; Hina get stuck in the rain – cold treatment until Natsuo berates her for it. Everything that Rui does goes back to Natsuo. When it was time to choose her career, that’s also related to him and it was very convenient that dead-beat dad came back just in time and was running a successful restaurant.
She's friendly to Serizawa? No, that's being polite and putting on a show in front of the man she's obsessed with. She was already making plans to install the sister who is forced to look at Rui's happiness with the man Hina is still in love with to make sure Miyabi doesn't do to Rui what Rui did to Hina - the sister whose happiness you say she's supposedly concerned with.

It's not that I'm a unique thinker, it's just that you're talking about surface level character design (mostly tropes), not what is revealed throughout the story which is (imo) more interesting in most stories. [/quote]

This response you gave is in no way deep as you think. I came to my conclusions based on the characters and their actions throughout the manga.
If I was really about surface level, I would have been rooting for the selfish, rude, entitled Rui who basically has everything handed to her but who had a sleazy one night stand with a stranger but she ends up with him so it’s all good. She’s the main female character and she and the Mc were each other’s firsts. It’s almost assured that she ‘wins’ in the end. It’s precisely because of what’s revealed in the story that I realise that you haven’t backed up your claims with anything substantial.
Jan 6, 2019 12:08 PM

Mar 2013
To answer OP:
That's pretty hard to tell, anything can happen at this point, but if I had to bet I guess Rui?

Natsuo x Hina didn't work, she regarded him as a kid and didn't really trust him, unilaterally choosing to dump him via a letter "for his sake as well" before getting the fuck out of there.
(Frankly even if he can forgive her, I wouldn't be able to trust her ever again after that if I were in his shoes.)

Now he's with Rui, there's no obvious reason why they would break up for the moment (apart from the fact that they are step-siblings, but that's the case with Hina as well anyway).

So like I said, no way to tell (the author can do whatever she wants after all) but I'd bet on Rui.

About the little debate:
Here's my 2 cents, I don't claim to have the answer because it's completely subjective, but in my opinion:
  • One has trouble opening up, some may even call her cold, but she cares for her boyfriend at least. She was there to cheer him up when he was down (admittedly because she liked him, but she still offered him to go search for Hina with her).
  • The other seems very friendly and open but is actually secretive. And worst of all she's ready to vanish on her boyfriend because she "didn't have the courage to look at [his] sorrowful face" when dumping him.
So yeah, you guessed it by the way I phrased it, if I had to choose who "deserves" (for lack of a better word in my vocabulary) Natsuo the most, that's Rui hands down according to me.

Once again, this is my completely biased, subjective opinion, you're free to disagree!
Jan 6, 2019 12:36 PM
Feb 2017
Rui of course
After reading chapter 213 I think the author made up her mind about who's gonna win (since the first chapter i was rooting for rui)
Jan 6, 2019 6:03 PM
Nov 2018
It’s good that you admit to your bias and it’s easy to see mine, as well. I feel that I must give an alternative version of what you’ve said – one that is more in line with what’s in the manga and not skewed because of your bias.

Natsuo x Hina didn't work, she regarded him as a kid and didn't really trust him, unilaterally choosing to dump him via a letter "for his sake as well" before getting the fuck out of there.
(Frankly even if he can forgive her, I wouldn't be able to trust her ever again after that if I were in his shoes.)

Your account gives the impression that she took the easy and cowardly way out when that's not supported by the facts. Hina did her utmost to discourage Natsuo from pursuing her. She genuinely loved him and she was concerned for his future and wanted to protect his dream. Sasuga established very clearly that Natsuo would have been the one to suffer the most if they got together and were found out. The incident would have gone on his permanent record and he would have been either expelled or suspended. She took all the punishment and left so that he would not be punished. So it really was for his sake. That was the deal she made with the school – to have no further contact with him while he was a student there.

She told him that if he wanted to be with her that the stakes were high. He insisted that he would ‘die’ with her, that he was willing to leave everything to be with her. She realized afterwards that he didn’t understand what he would be giving up.

If she’d allowed him, obviously he would have chosen to leave everything and go with her. Anyone can see how much he benefitted from her decision and how right she was. It would be the height of immaturity on his part for him not forgive her or trust her when he knows what she sacrificed for him and how staying in that environment (with a successful, well-connected mentor and the support of his family and friends) helped him.

Now he's with Rui, there's no obvious reason why they would break up for the moment (apart from the fact that they are step-siblings, but that's the case with Hina as well anyway).

So like I said, no way to tell (the author can do whatever she wants after all) but I'd bet on Rui.

Can't disagree with this - Sasuga has left them together for a long time. Based on the conversation that the parents had at the hospital and based on the fact that they are both not in high school anymore, I don't think them being step-siblings is that much of an issue anymore. Of course, yet again, Hina had to pay the price to make it easy for them. The biggest factor might be Rui's popularity. Many readers like her more and I think Sasuga might be loathe to disappoint them though I really don't know what's more to write if she's already the game end girl.

About the little debate:
Here's my 2 cents, I don't claim to have the answer because it's completely subjective, but in my opinion:
• One has trouble opening up, some may even call her cold, but she cares for her boyfriend at least. She was there to cheer him up when he was down (admittedly because she liked him, but she still offered him to go search for Hina with her).

That offer from Rui is kinda hypocritical considering that she was undermining Natsuo and Hina’s relationship with her I’m-Going-to-Hate-You-Because-You-Didn’t-Choose-Me campaign. It had gotten so bad that Hina had to offer to break up with Natsuo if Rui would stop.
• The other seems very friendly and open but is actually secretive. And worst of all she's ready to vanish on her boyfriend because she "didn't have the courage to look at [his] sorrowful face" when dumping him.

I explained this already – yeah, just conveniently leave out that she had to go to protect him and his dream of being a writer.
She does not share her problems (pain and fear) with others so that she won’t burden them – that’s being considerate.
SunnymeJan 7, 2019 2:08 PM
Jan 6, 2019 7:28 PM
Jan 2019
Same here. I'm frustrated too bcs the extreme plot story. But lookin so much ppl ship MC x Rui, I can understand. Because the story itself has many portion for telling the Rui character so details.
The opposite with Hina, what I mean I'm so disappointed bcs no matter how much I re-read the manga, Hina character has no many details but always get the serious matter with the MC which is I'm fckn hate it bcs Hina herself deserve happiness.

I understand how many ppl want to see MC end up with Rui.

And me myself I wish for for Hina.
But considered everything she has been through and how the MC did towards Hina, I think it's best for wishing Hina with another new gorg character. Well, she really fckin deserve it ahaha

By the story itself I learn how hard and strong Hina is for becoming the adult one. I mean I know this is just manga, but thinking if what Hina been through happened in real life, oh no, I'm fckin believe she's so fckin strong and have lots of patience.

Well, this is just my own opinion.
You free to speak up your own opinion too :)
And the author of this manga, idk how to say it, the sadist author of plot twist ever. XDXDXD *sorry*

Thank you for reading my opinion :)
I would like to read yours too.
Bye~♡
Jan 7, 2019 7:42 AM

Mar 2013
Sunnyme said:
Your account gives the impression that she took the easy and cowardly way out when that's not supported by the facts. Hina did her utmost to discourage Natsuo from pursuing her. She genuinely loved him and she was concerned for his future and wanted to protect his dream. Sasuga established very clearly that Natsuo would have been the one to suffer the most if they got together and were found out. The incident would have gone on his permanent record and he would have been either expelled or suspended. She took all the punishment and left so that he would not be punished. So it really was for his sake. That was the deal she made with the school – to have no further contact with him while he was a student there.

[...]

I explained this already – yeah, just conveniently leave out that she had to go to protect him and his dream of being a writer.
She does not share her problems (pain and fear) with others so that she won’t burden them – that’s being considerate.

I don't disagree when you say it was better for him to break up (it was in fact), but I doubt it would really have been worse for him than for her. A kid dating his teacher will be forgiven with time because "youth", a teacher dating her student will not be as easily forgiven since she's the more "responsible" one and has a form a "power" over her student.

At least that's how it would turn out with the moral values of my country, but maybe it doesn't apply exactly the same way in Japan?

But anyway that isn't the issue I have here. What really bothered me was not what she did (I'd say she was right to) but the way she did it. With a frikkin letter instead of talking to him.
It made it so that Natsuo didn't get the proper closure he needed to get over the relationship, letting him shattered for (I don't remember exactly, but what felt like) a pretty long time for such a short relationship.

Now obviously he would have tried to cling to her if they met, but it's not like he could have done anything if she firmly refused.

So I actually like the way you phrased my thoughts, which is spot on: "the cowardly way out". Just it's not the "way out" part that bothers me, but the fact that she did it "cowardly", which only hurt Natsuo even more.
Jan 7, 2019 3:25 PM
Nov 2018
[quote=Jal51 message=56665949]

She's mentioned it to him and there was also an incident where another illicit affair between teacher and student was discovered. She says that the student is punished as well. Right or wrong, you have to go with the rules of the manga not even Japan or any other country.

Again, about her meeting him in person to break up - the condition of Natsuo facing zero punishment was zero contact with her. She could not meet him. She was upholding her end of the bargain. That's called being honourable, it has nothing to do with cowardice.

Both Natsuo and Hina were in love with each other for a long while before they began their relationship. Was there some magic formula for how long characters are supposed to take to get over each other?

I understand about your bias but at some point you should try to base your statements on the actual action of the manga and not on what you wish happened.
Jan 7, 2019 3:52 PM

Mar 2013
Sunnyme said:
She's mentioned it to him and there was also an incident where another illicit affair between teacher and student was discovered. She says that the student is punished as well. Right or wrong, you have to go with the rules of the manga not even Japan or any other country.

Fair enough I guess.

Sunnyme said:
Both Natsuo and Hina were in love with each other for a long while before they began their relationship. Was there some magic formula for how long characters are supposed to take to get over each other?

Yeah I'll agree that was actually dumb, but it would still have been faster with proper closure was my main point.

Sunnyme said:
Again, about her meeting him in person to break up - the condition of Natsuo facing zero punishment was zero contact with her. She could not meet him. She was upholding her end of the bargain. That's called being honourable, it has nothing to do with cowardice.

You had me doubting for a minute, so I went ahead and re-read it. That's not what happened. At all.

I couldn't find the exact conditions, the scene ends with her begging the principal. Maybe those were mentioned somewhere else but it looks she didn't give a shit either way, because what I did find that I had forgotten is that she asks him on a date to the amusement park, and she even directly asks him to kiss her at the end (obviously no mention of being found out or breaking up).
And that's after the meeting with the principal, and before the letter.

Sunnyme said:
I understand about your bias but at some point you should try to base your statements on the actual action of the manga and not on what you wish happened.

Right back at you I guess?
Jan 7, 2019 8:26 PM
Nov 2018
[quote=Jal51 message=56669404]
Sunnyme said:

Right back at you I guess?

You clearly did not read through my first post. Again, she told him what the stakes were only to realise after that he didn't understand what he would be giving up to be with her if they got caught.

Nobody said that it happened instantaneously. I thought you took all of this into consideration already. Obviously, she had time to talk to him beforehand and didn't. I explained why the letter was the best option for her. The speech she gave marked the end of her job at that school. The condition of no punishment for Natsuo was her leaving and no contact. We know she didn't tell him face to face. Her breakup and final goodbye came in the form of a letter.

Where is your evidence that it would have hurt him less if she'd broken up with him face to face? You are like obviously he would have tried to cling to her if they met, but it's not like he could have done anything if she firmly refused. This is not in line with Natsuo's character. He's Capt-Save-A-Hoe, he was in love in her and promised to marry her. Do you honestly think he really would have done nothing when his girlfriend is leaving and being punished? He would have insisted on going with her. He has shown that he can be relentless where she was concerned in spite of her refusals. She caught him kissing Rui, she tried to get away from him by moving out and Natsuo still had the guts to pursue her.

I've had this discussion so many times and the underlying motive has always been to negate Hina's sacrifice. Many anti-Hina fans want the benefit of the breakup but want to decry the character and put a negative spin on all her actions so that she can have no future claims on him. If this doesn't apply to you, let it fly.
I am not under any illusions of Hina's chances of being the end girl, it's a real long shot. Even Serizawa has a better percentage of ending up with Natsuo.
Jan 7, 2019 9:32 PM

Mar 2018
Both.
Natsuo wrote about gay relationships.
Kei Sasuga can write about polygamist relationships >:)
Jan 8, 2019 8:02 AM

Mar 2013
On the one hand I'll give my opinion on the fair points you make:
Sunnyme said:
Where is your evidence that it would have hurt him less if she'd broken up with him face to face?

I'll admit I have no real evidence, but that's how psychology generally works. He would still have been hurt as much but would probably have been able to understand/accept the reality of what happened (and thus move on) a bit faster/more easily.

Sunnyme said:
You are like obviously he would have tried to cling to her if they met, but it's not like he could have done anything if she firmly refused. This is not in line with Natsuo's character. He's Capt-Save-A-Hoe, he was in love in her and promised to marry her. Do you honestly think he really would have done nothing when his girlfriend is leaving and being punished? He would have insisted on going with her. He has shown that he can be relentless where she was concerned in spite of her refusals. She caught him kissing Rui, she tried to get away from him by moving out and Natsuo still had the guts to pursue her.

Insistent for sure, but I don't think he'd go as far as stalking her all the way to another city. I mean he still could have after the letter and chose not to.
And if she refuses him then he cannot do anything, that's how couples work: it takes two consenting people.
Cutting contact with him after a serious talk would have been fine too.

Sunnyme said:
I've had this discussion so many times and the underlying motive has always been to negate Hina's sacrifice. Many anti-Hina fans want the benefit of the breakup but want to decry the character and put a negative spin on all her actions so that she can have no future claims on him. If this doesn't apply to you, let it fly.
Once again:
Jal51 said:
What really bothered me was not what she did (I'd say she was right to) but the way she did it. With a frikkin letter instead of talking to him.

Calling it a sacrifice though? That's debatable since Natsuo was not the only one that had something to lose, her name would have been dragged through the mud as well if that was made public. But she did do it for his sake as well, there's no denying that of course.

On the other hand, I can't believe you act all condescending and say:
Sunnyme said:
Nobody said that it happened instantaneously. I thought you took all of this into consideration already. Obviously, she had time to talk to him beforehand and didn't.
...acting like I misunderstood what you were meaning, when you literally said just before:
Sunnyme said:

That's just disingenuous at this point.
Jan 9, 2019 3:42 PM
Nov 2018

I'll admit I have no real evidence, but that's how psychology generally works. He would still have been hurt as much but would probably have been able to understand/accept the reality of what happened (and thus move on) a bit faster/more easily.

This makes absolutely no sense. Eh? A big part of psychology is about observing behavior and using that to explain and predict behaviour. Where have you used psychology to prove any of what you’re suggesting? You are trying to say that with what we know about Natsuo’s personality that he would have looked Hina in the face and accepted the woman he loved taking all the punishment and going into exile while he knowingly stayed there to live his best life. That is not supported by his personality traits/past actions as shown in the manga. This boy helps people, even going as far as to putting his own life on the line for strangers even. But you want say that when it came right down to it, he would have allowed Hina to walk away from him, her family, friends and the life that she’d built. The very idea that he would have done nothing but accept her decision while moving on faster/easier is ludicrous.

Insistent for sure, but I don't think he'd go as far as stalking her all the way to another city. I mean he still could have after the letter and chose not to.
And if she refuses him then he cannot do anything, that's how couples work: it takes two consenting people.

Maybe you’ve been skimming those Hina chapters but Natsuo chased/stalked her through a crowded Festival and had Master physically restrain her in order to press his case. Hina certainly wasn’t consenting to that.
You also conveniently seemed to have forgotten the actual factors that caused him to ‘move on’ from Hina. He did not accept the break up. He was determined to get back to Hina. He intended to use the thing that had brought them together – his writing – to win her back. He choose not to go after her after getting that letter so that he could improve as a writer so that her sacrifice would not be in vain and then he would go after her.
He was only able to ‘move on’ because of these factors:
1. Shuu’s lies that Hina had moved on and his destroying Natsuo’s dream of using his writing to get her back.
2. Hina’s lie that she’d moved on after he rejected Rui to go after her on the island. This is the most important thing that caused him to actually ‘move on’.
3. Rui’s efforts to seduce him throughout all of this.

Calling it a sacrifice though? That's debatable since Natsuo was not the only one that had something to lose, her name would have been dragged through the mud as well if that was made public. But she did do it for his sake as well, there's no denying that of course.

Yep, I knew we’d get to this point and your point is unclear.

How was Hina leaving her lover, friends, family, dream job to go to a strange place where she knew no one and her mid-term transfer would raise eyebrows and cause gossip not a sacrifice?

...acting like I misunderstood what you were meaning, when you literally said just before:
Sunnyme said:

Of course, you're free to think what you wish. I was specifically talking about after her speech when she officially left the school and what influenced her final goodbye. In the end, getting a letter or cutting contact after a serious talk are moot points that had nothing to do with him ‘moving on easier/faster’.
Jan 10, 2019 11:14 AM

Mar 2013
Sunnyme said:

This makes absolutely no sense. Eh? A big part of psychology is about observing behavior and using that to explain and predict behaviour. Where have you used psychology to prove any of what you’re suggesting? You are trying to say that with what we know about Natsuo’s personality that he would have looked Hina in the face and accepted the woman he loved taking all the punishment and going into exile while he knowingly stayed there to live his best life. That is not supported by his personality traits/past actions as shown in the manga. This boy helps people, even going as far as to putting his own life on the line for strangers even. But you want say that when it came right down to it, he would have allowed Hina to walk away from him, her family, friends and the life that she’d built. The very idea that he would have done nothing but accept her decision while moving on faster/easier is ludicrous.

You have this weird argument about whether he would "allow" her to do what she did, and "accept" her decision... but that's not like he could do anything besides trying to talk her out of it.
Which he couldn't even try since it was a letter. And that's why he kept hoping, because she left room for it by not confronting him.

Sunnyme said:

Maybe you’ve been skimming those Hina chapters but Natsuo chased/stalked her through a crowded Festival and had Master physically restrain her in order to press his case. Hina certainly wasn’t consenting to that.
You also conveniently seemed to have forgotten the actual factors that caused him to ‘move on’ from Hina. He did not accept the break up. He was determined to get back to Hina. He intended to use the thing that had brought them together – his writing – to win her back. He choose not to go after her after getting that letter so that he could improve as a writer so that her sacrifice would not be in vain and then he would go after her.
He was only able to ‘move on’ because of these factors:
1. Shuu’s lies that Hina had moved on and his destroying Natsuo’s dream of using his writing to get her back.
2. Hina’s lie that she’d moved on after he rejected Rui to go after her on the island. This is the most important thing that caused him to actually ‘move on’.
3. Rui’s efforts to seduce him throughout all of this.

That happened during a single night in a single location. That doesn't mean he'd follow her across the country after she dumped him.
I don't see how the factors you listed are relevant to what I was saying though, they could happen regardless. Or even better, she could have killed all hope from the beginning (once again by talking to him).

Sunnyme said:

Yep, I knew we’d get to this point and your point is unclear.

How was Hina leaving her lover, friends, family, dream job to go to a strange place where she knew no one and her mid-term transfer would raise eyebrows and cause gossip not a sacrifice?

Ok I'll be clearer then: that's not a sacrifice because there is another more appropriate word for that: that's a punishment!
She broke the rules and was forced to transfer. Had she refused she would have been publicly shamed and probably fired. So basically she didn't have the choice to begin with.

Sunnyme said:
Sunnyme said:

Of course, you're free to think what you wish. I was specifically talking about after her speech when she officially left the school and what influenced her final goodbye. In the end, getting a letter or cutting contact after a serious talk are moot points that had nothing to do with him ‘moving on easier/faster’.

It's not a question of what I think, you conveniently omitted part of the events and when I pointed it out you just tried to sweep it under the rug...
Jan 11, 2019 8:28 AM
Nov 2018
[quote=Jal51 message=56691939]

Let’s just take a moment to take stock of our positions here. You condemned Hina for being a coward by not facing Natsuo because in the Land of Maybe, he was sure to move on faster/easier. How much faster/easier - you can’t really say. Why is this point that’s supported by nothing in the manga important? I’ll go with the reason I’ve discovered from the other people who make this ‘argument’.
I have to say that you’ve reached the point where you’re not even trying to support the things you’re saying with evidence from the manga, only pulling stuff out of Maybe Land, again, so it’s only wishful thinking on your part.

You have this weird argument about whether he would "allow" her to do what she did, and "accept" her decision... but that's not like he could do anything besides trying to talk her out of it.
Which he couldn't even try since it was a letter. And that's why he kept hoping, because she left room for it by not confronting him.
That happened during a single night in a single location. That doesn't mean he'd follow her across the country after she dumped him.
I don't see how the factors you listed are relevant to what I was saying though, they could happen regardless. Or even better, she could have killed all hope from the beginning (once again by talking to him).

You can say the argument’s weird especially when you haven’t been able to counter it. Okay, so wouldn’t Natsuo have to ‘accept’ that, as you say, there was nothing he could do and ‘allow’ her to leave because he, according to you, wouldn’t do anything?

Can you see how you are contradicting yourself? First she should have met with him so that he could ‘move on’ faster/easier but now it’s about he could have tried to talk her out of it (which she avoided and upheld her no contact with him). What exactly is your evidence that he wouldn’t have been able to talk her out of it? Also where is your evidence that they couldn’t not have gone the dishonourable route and he suggest that they pretend to break up but he would wait for her until after he’d gotten into the university that he wanted to get into. Of course, in this case, there’s no need to ‘move on’ and the emotional vulnerability that Rui exploited to get break down his defenses would not have existed. Not saying that she still would not have tried or how that she might not have been successful to some extent.
Huh, so, it was one single night and the hope he had was because she left a letter and didn’t speak to him? That’s really how that played out in your head?

So about the times, she cutely dismissed his feelings and left him without hope.
But he rebounded and regained hope to -
Play Hug Me, Slap Me, Kiss Me, she cruelly dismissed him, caused him to run away from home and left him without hope.
Hit on her again so she has a serious chat explaining things clearly that the stakes for them to be together were too high and left him without hope.
Get caught kissing Rui but still try explain himself to Hina and try to talk her out of leaving the house, stalk her at the festival, chase her through the crowd…
Hina tries to break up with him but he refused to accept it and offers to marry her instead…
But because you say so, as evidenced by your points out of Maybe Land, as she’s now his girlfriend and he’s promised to spend his life with her, when she has a brave, serious chat clearly explaining her sacrifice - her intentions to break up, leave him and go, because it’s another city, he’ll realise there’s nothing he can do so he will lose hope and he can ‘move on’ faster/easier. Wow, just…wow.

Ok I'll be clearer then: that's not a sacrifice because there is another more appropriate word for that: that's a punishment!
She broke the rules and was forced to transfer. Had she refused she would have been publicly shamed and probably fired. So basically she didn't have the choice to begin with.

This is based on what exactly? Is it like when you mentioned what happens in your country and speculated on what happens in Japan? Again, you’re pulling your answers out of Maybe Land. That was not the punishment according to the manga - she would have been forced to resign and the student would also have been punished. Do you think that her name alone would have been dragged through the mud? You can call it a daffodil if you’d like, it’s clearly a sacrifice – if she stays and has to resign (as mentioned in the manga and not Maybe Land), then she doesn’t have to transfer and leave everything and everyone she knows and she also doesn’t have a no contact agreement so she doesn’t really have to break up with him and if forced by the parents could have asked to him to wait until he finished high school. That definitely won’t help him ‘move on’ faster/easier.

It's not a question of what I think, you conveniently omitted part of the events and when I pointed it out you just tried to sweep it under the rug...

I guess this level of discourse where you just say anything without any reference to or backing from the manga but just as long as it shows Hina in an unfavourable light works well with fans of Rui but I have talked with many fans of DnK with different levels of knowledge of the manga and comprehension skills so I have to back up my points with the action of the manga. I’m not in your head – how am I supposed to know what you don’t know or have forgotten about the manga?
SunnymeJan 11, 2019 8:32 AM
Jan 12, 2019 7:36 PM
Jan 2019
I feel like the author is going for a Hina/Natsuo ending. The author had a chance to pair Hina off with somebody else, but clearly the author doesn't seem to have any intention of pairing her with another character. The fact that Natsuo took a stab wound for Hina only made her more infatuated with Natsuo to the point that she plans to put Natsuo's happiness above all else now, and it seems like Hina is incapable of loving someone else after that. The parents even talked about "destiny," and Hina is clearly distraught and probably unable to put her faith in another man (besides Natsuo) at this point, and realistically at this point in the manga (200+ chapters), I feel like the author is setting up a scenario where Rui will end up with her coworker, while Natsuo ends up with Hina. I'm just making a guess from the ending of GE (good ending, which was the author's previous work, but i feel like the author wants all of her characters to have a proper and happy ending. Assuming that's the case, Hina has no other choice but to be the end girl for Natsuo, because Natsuo is the only person she's been showing her vulnerability to, and after the stabbing incident, it seems highly unlikely that she plans on falling in love with anybody else.

Of course she brought up how she'll focus only on Natsuo's happiness, and how she'll forsake her own happiness until Natsuo finds it, but at Hina's age, and the current affairs of this story, I feel like the author is seriously aiming for a Hina/Natsuo ending (especially if she wants all her characters to find happiness in the end). Of course it can be argued that Rui's happiness would be taken away from her, but because these are fictional characters, the author will eventually make her fall in love with the coworker in order to introduce her "happy ending" to the story. At least, that's what i believe (based on the author's previous work).
Jan 13, 2019 7:32 AM

Mar 2015
It’s certainly frustrating. Personally as of chapter 208 I’d say it’s going to be Hina. I love Rui but she is getting stolen away by her coworker which is unfortunate for Natsuo but he’s already got Hina and Serizawa there.
vong10Jan 13, 2019 8:10 AM
Jan 13, 2019 8:55 AM

Sep 2017
Hina is the best girl!

#Subaru did nothing wrong choosing Emilia over Rem.
Jan 13, 2019 9:30 AM

Jul 2015
im rooting for rui tho
i dont like hina tho, i get frustrated reading her dialogues

Well...
Jan 13, 2019 12:58 PM

Aug 2018
Loathsome said:
im rooting for rui tho
i dont like hina tho, i get frustrated reading her dialogues

I get the same expression.
Jan 14, 2019 9:52 AM
Jan 2019
I don't think natsuo deserves either of them tho lol
Jan 14, 2019 1:14 PM

Apr 2012
Meinokoibito said:
Hina is the best girl!

#Subaru did nothing wrong choosing Emilia over Rem.

I agree, I think the Rui arc was long due to the author's ability to try and make everyone happy. I think in terms of emotion, Natsuo expressed more compassion to be with Hina rather than Rui (though both have had good scenes). I think while Natsuo was heartbroken, Rui used that advantage to mend him even after knowing the fact that Hina was lying the whole time because she was looking out for Natsuo's future. I guess technically Hina has been the only girl to have constant feelings of like then love towards Natsuo especially in the fact that she confesses it to him when he asks her.
My own personal perception is that a promise ring has a stronger meaning than a watch. Kei now has introduced the cook as a possible outlet to Rui's feelings while Hina's main outlet turned psycho with Natsuo jumping in front of an attack to protect her. Hina now has decided that she will devote her life to Natsuo's happiness regardless of the situation and who he is with. She is even devoted to holding herself back for Rui's happiness, idk why people say she doesn't care about Rui...
Idk maybe I am all fucked up, this manga takes too many turns and I feel like the story itself can take a turn whenever Kei chooses to do so, especially since

I am a team Hina fan, but all this suspense and waiting is killing my heart.... smh
I think just as long as he ends up with Hina or Rui then the story will make sense at least to me, but if he chooses a side chick I swear to god...

EDIT: Since you mentioned Emilia over Rem, I have to bring up Kimi no Iru Matchi with Haruto choosing Eba over Asuka... similar story progression? ;)
MrShoujoJan 14, 2019 1:46 PM

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jan 14, 2019 4:17 PM
Jan 2019
idk but it seems like the author wants Natsuo to be with Rui in the end even if they break up now :(
Jan 14, 2019 6:03 PM

Aug 2018
quanbe said:
Hina best girl

Hina>miyabi>rui

Preeeeach!!!!!!
Jan 14, 2019 6:24 PM
Sep 2017
lushlif_ said:
Who do you think the mc would end up to,
please answer seriuosly.

Because if I continue to read I think I will only end up hurting myself.

I'm frustrated, I can't stop rooting for Hina. What should I do?

I understand you so much, actually at chapter 130 and im hurting myself a lot lol
Jan 16, 2019 1:49 PM
Apr 2016
LMAO all rui's fan triggered by chapter 215 she gonna end up with the bastard cooking guy

More topics from this board

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Chapter 270 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Short_Circut - Apr 21, 2020

83 by Saijiroo »»
Mar 24, 12:51 AM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Chapter 276 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Short_Circut - Jun 8, 2020

220 by Lord_Deathsuki »»
Mar 15, 12:23 PM

» For the sake of happiness...

Suiely_c-ute - Mar 12

3 by itzswxzy »»
Mar 13, 8:57 AM

» What I Think.......

Suiely_c-ute - Mar 12

4 by Kidzuna »»
Mar 13, 12:52 AM

Poll: » Domestic na Kanojo Chapter 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 5, 2015

12 by patkarunungan »»
Feb 19, 11:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.