Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 16, 2018 8:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hahaha, that Jojo dance.

I knew it would eventually come but seeing it in anime form is still very entertaining. Well done David Productions. Glad to see they're adapting the Sex Pistols chapters this episode.

Seriously though, that dance is gold. Hello Sex Pistols

Nov 16, 2018 9:09 AM

Jan 2018
THE DANCE. IT'S HERE AND IT'S GODLY.
5/5
And Sex Pistols yay but DANCE
Nov 16, 2018 9:18 AM

Nov 2011
THAT DANCE WAS GLORIOUS 💯.

It was everything I wanted and more 😍.

A thought did occur to me when watching it though...how did the stereo work again after Mista had previously broken it with Sparite? 🤔
jenanimeNov 16, 2018 9:22 AM
Nov 16, 2018 9:48 AM

Jul 2014
I know everyone's going to be commenting on the Torture Dance, so I'll just go ahead and mention the other funniest part of the episode.

"Oh shit, he's pointing a gun at me. I better close the blinds."
Nov 16, 2018 9:50 AM

Jul 2016
jenanime said:
THAT DANCE WAS GLORIOUS 💯.

It was everything I wanted and more 😍.

A thought did occur to me when watching it though...how did the stereo work again after Mista had previously broken it with Sparite? 🤔

Abbacchio called them on their bullshit but I bet he was the one playing the music using Moody Blues.
Your favorite anime is cringe. My favorite anime is a masterpiece.

Nov 16, 2018 9:54 AM

Jul 2014
The edits have already started.

https://youtu.be/wZUsdmbI4No

jenanime said:

It just works.
Nov 16, 2018 9:59 AM

Jun 2014
The dance was pretty funny. Probably would have been funnier if I didn't see it coming for the last two weeks because manga readers can't not mention upcoming events....

Mista's Stand has been introduced and it's interesting that his bullets have minds of their own. Like someone mentioned above, it was hilarious that the first thought after having a gun pointed at him was to close the blinds.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 16, 2018 10:02 AM

Jul 2017
Jesus, that animation for the dance was SO much more than it needed to be, it was ABSOLUTELY insane, they made it look like a music video. I was just a little bit sad that they changed how I imagined the dance to be but it was AMAZING either way.

The scene with Sex Pistols kicking the bullet was also really freek'n good.

I'm pretty confident this will be the best anime adaptation of JoJo yet, everything about it has been pretty superb so far, the art style, the animation, the sound design, the colors, and everything else that they have added. It's a good year to be a JoJo fan.
JayachealNov 16, 2018 10:20 AM
Here I come, rougher than the rest of them
The best of them, tougher than leather
You can call me knuckles, unlike sonic I don't chuckle
I'd rather flex my muscles
I'm hard as nails, it ain't hard to tell
I break'em down whether they're solid or frail
Unlike the rest I'm independent
It's my first breath, first test
Feel the right then the worst's left
Nov 16, 2018 10:02 AM

Dec 2017
the dance didn't disappoint me, omfg, it was amazing and perfect transformation manga / anime :")
Nov 16, 2018 10:10 AM
Mar 2018
People told me that Vento Aureo was shit, but I'm actually enjoying it a lot.
This episode was damn good for two main reasons:
1. The fucking dance scene. I was hyped for this, and I was a bit frustrated when episode 6 aired and the dance wasn't in it, but god, it was freaking awesome! I mean, the animation is not really good (Jojo never had the best animation though), but the direction (it's more like a videoclip than a funny moment) and music makes this scene really memorable. Interesting visuals tho.
2. Sex Pistols. I didn't knew pretty much nothing about it, but god, they're just so original. Ok, the power itself it's really funny to watch, but not the best thing ever, but the actual stand is just mindblowing. Not one, not 2, 6 fucking stands with their own personality, relationships and even basic necessities, such as food and sleep. It's not like Harvest, those one are actually really interesting to watch, and the scene where they greet each other is just heartwarming.
Overall, a solid 4/5 episode. It's not one of those episodes where you finish them and say "Woah, fuck everything, I need more of this RIGHT NOW", but it's still really enjoyable, memorable and hypes you for the next one. Great pace tho.
Nov 16, 2018 10:13 AM

Apr 2009
The dance.. just, the dance... Great episode.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Nov 16, 2018 10:14 AM

Apr 2014
MarioAk_ said:

The manga is easily my least favorite part but I'm loving the anime so far.
Nov 16, 2018 10:15 AM

May 2009
The dance, DP really outdid themselves. They just KNEW we were hyped for it!
Nov 16, 2018 10:23 AM
May 2014
MarioAk_ said:
This episode was damn good for two main reasons:
1. The fucking dance scene. I was hyped for this, and I was a bit frustrated when episode 6 aired and the dance wasn't in it, but god, it was freaking awesome! I mean, the animation is not really good (Jojo never had the best animation though), but the direction (it's more like a videoclip than a funny moment) and music makes this scene really memorable. Interesting visuals tho.
2. Sex Pistols. I didn't knew pretty much nothing about it, but god, they're just so original. Ok, the power itself it's really funny to watch, but not the best thing ever, but the actual stand is just mindblowing. Not one, not 2, 6 fucking stands with their own personality, relationships and even basic necessities, such as food and sleep. It's not like Harvest, those one are actually really interesting to watch, and the scene where they greet each other is just heartwarming.
Overall, a solid 4/5 episode. It's not one of those episodes where you finish them and say "Woah, fuck everything, I need more of this RIGHT NOW", but it's still really enjoyable, memorable and hypes you for the next one. Great pace tho.

Well part 5 is the best part alongside part 7, u just took advise from people with strong shit taste
Nov 16, 2018 10:23 AM

Jul 2017
EpsilonX said:

Funny that your forum avatar is Giorno. Well, atleast you are enjoying the anime.
Here I come, rougher than the rest of them
The best of them, tougher than leather
You can call me knuckles, unlike sonic I don't chuckle
I'd rather flex my muscles
I'm hard as nails, it ain't hard to tell
I break'em down whether they're solid or frail
Unlike the rest I'm independent
It's my first breath, first test
Feel the right then the worst's left
Nov 16, 2018 10:30 AM

Feb 2016
The dance was a GOLD EXPERIENCE, Great job David Productions!

I was wondering what voice would the Sex Pistols have, but I must say, I'm not disappointed! oh boy, I can't already tell that DP is going 100% with this

thebrentinator24 said:
The dance was pretty funny. Probably would have been funnier if I didn't see it coming for the last two weeks because manga readers can't not mention upcoming events....

I'm really sorry xD, I won't speak for all the mango readers, but you can't deny wanting to see something you have been expecting so bad for a long long while even if you get others into it lol. At least I am polite and write on spoilers brackets
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Nov 16, 2018 10:35 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
That dance will generate GIF's and meme's for generation upon generations to come. We saw it first!
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 16, 2018 10:35 AM
Aug 2018
When you think about the episode after finishing, there were less events happened than the other parts but, you know, it's jojo, I got soooo dazzled while watching and all 20 minutes was just like 10 seconds, it's really difficult to wait seven days to watch twenty minutes of a masterpiece..

I didn't read the manga but before the seventh episode's publish, I was seeing the dance scene everywhere, the anime adaptation of it.. there aren't so many words to describe it, it was just incredible!

I'm getting so hyped while watching part 5 but still my favorite part is battle tendency.
Nov 16, 2018 10:36 AM

May 2018
Hobgoblin2099 said:

If he can't see then he can't aim properly at him, not like he was expecting Mista to have sentient bullets.
Nov 16, 2018 10:39 AM

Aug 2018
Hobgoblin2099 said:
I know everyone's going to be commenting on the Torture Dance, so I'll just go ahead and mention the other funniest part of the episode.

He probably did that so Mista won't know his exact location.
Nov 16, 2018 10:45 AM
Jul 2018
They snapped doing that iconic dance not gonna lie I'm more than satisfied.
Sex Pistols is really THAT stand
Nov 16, 2018 10:48 AM

Aug 2018
Hobgoblin2099 said:
The edits have already started.

https://youtu.be/wZUsdmbI4No

jenanime said:

It just works.

In the manga, the design is clearly different. so it's probably a different stereo.
https://i.imgur.com/B5ly8H1.png
Masha-maNov 16, 2018 10:55 AM
Nov 16, 2018 10:51 AM

Apr 2014
Jayacheal said:
EpsilonX said:

Funny that your forum avatar is Giorno. Well, atleast you are enjoying the anime.

I mean, I've always liked Giorno, I just thought part 5 was the weakest part overall. The fights dragged on for far too long and the stuff in-between fights was too short. The anime strikes a better balance for me.
ChangeLeopardonNov 16, 2018 10:55 AM
Nov 16, 2018 10:51 AM

May 2015
MarioAk_ said:

most of the blame is due to the shitty scan, when JJCA finally putting the quality scan more and more people starting to like it (and the occasional, 'why people hate it, its actually good' post etc)

he takes what he's lost and discards what he's won, he's every bit as alive as you and I
Nov 16, 2018 10:56 AM

Apr 2014
OverHeavenAZ said:

In the manga, the design is clearly different. so it's probably a different stereo.
https://i.imgur.com/B5ly8H1.png

I love how Narancia brought two stereos onto the boat.
Nov 16, 2018 11:06 AM

Mar 2008
Hobgoblin2099 said:

Because he didn't want Mista to see his face... and Mista wasn't even pointing his gun at him at the time. He would easily get away if it was a normal gun, actually.

Nov 16, 2018 11:08 AM
Sep 2017
I am updating the tags I've got it under on my list because of the dance alone.

But apart from that, Sex Pistols is wonderfully animated. The madmen made the good stuff *even better*
Nov 16, 2018 11:19 AM

Nov 2016
This is why I love JoJo, absolutely glorius xD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 16, 2018 11:35 AM

Apr 2014
Damn, the dance was so trippy, it almost felt out of place. Thanks DP, amazing job, as always.
your waifu is shit
Nov 16, 2018 11:44 AM

Nov 2017
You know you've fucked up when Narancia has piss tears
Nov 16, 2018 11:46 AM

Jul 2013
What can I say that hasn't been said already? Dance scene was fucking glorious (they even managed to made it funnier than the manga by turning the few panels of the scene into a friggin short music videoclip, with a dope song to match), and Sex Pistols looked pretty cool as well. Each episode I'm loving more and more this adaptation. May God bless DavidPro forever.
Nov 16, 2018 11:47 AM

Jul 2017
That dance sent me to heaven.
Nov 16, 2018 11:47 AM

Aug 2018
Since Abbacchio's flashback was shown last week,
Nov 16, 2018 11:54 AM

Sep 2009
DavidPro absolutely did not have to go that hard for GANGSTAR DANCE, but they did anyway, and I love them to pieces for it.
Nov 16, 2018 11:56 AM

Oct 2017
That dance was better than I expected, David Productions has done it again!
Nov 16, 2018 12:04 PM

Jun 2015
Weakest episode yet but still better than most of pre part 5.
Nov 16, 2018 12:20 PM

Aug 2017
The dance seemed normal until Giorno joined in lol, that was so random. Six Pistols is a good name change for Sex Pistols since they can’t use it.
"Whether doing good or evil, I will be the boss."

Nov 16, 2018 12:22 PM

Jul 2014
MarioAk_ said:

People told you Vento Aureo was shit because the original English fan translation of Part 5 was abysmal.

Part 4 had Duwang, which was horribly translated, but still retained the fun of Part 4.

Part 5 had a translation that would do stuff like cut out one of the Part 5 characters' "ORAORAORAORAORA" cry and replace it with something like "Now you die!" or something. It sucked all of the life out of the part.

Raging-Man said:
If he can't see then he can't aim properly at him, not like he was expecting Mista to have sentient bullets.

OverHeavenAZ said:
He probably did that so Mista won't know his exact location.

I get the rationale behind it, but Mista could still probably hit in his general area just by shooting into the window. He can't run out the room THAT fast.
Nov 16, 2018 12:31 PM
Dec 2015
Oh shiet! Mista is a bias wrecker
Nov 16, 2018 12:33 PM

Apr 2017
I haven't finished the episode yet, but, the dance, it's finally here and it's everything I've hoped for and more, that was amazing.
cunnysseur
Nov 16, 2018 12:38 PM

Jul 2014
OverHeavenAZ said:

I don't think you needed to put spoiler tags around that.
Nov 16, 2018 12:40 PM

Aug 2018
Hobgoblin2099 said:
OverHeavenAZ said:

I don't think you needed to put spoiler tags around that.

Yeah it's not that important, but just in case anime onlies want to be surprised or something
Nov 16, 2018 12:45 PM

Apr 2014
Hobgoblin2099 said:

I get the rationale behind it, but Mista could still probably hit in his general area just by shooting into the window. He can't run out the room THAT fast.

I mean...that's kinda what happened lol.
Nov 16, 2018 12:48 PM
Mar 2017
name of the music, when do they dance? or is it part of the OST?
FireCrauterNov 16, 2018 12:54 PM
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Nov 16, 2018 1:11 PM

Oct 2014
Ok, this is epic
I can't stop replaying the dance somebody help me
Somehow DP managed to do it even better than what everyone expected
The torture scene was so colorful, kind of reminded me of Danganronpa/Yuasa's way of distorting reality

It's so dumb, and that's one of JoJos biggest qualities
It's still episode 7 and I'm already loving all those dorks
Wait, did you just say that Jojo is shit?
Nov 16, 2018 1:28 PM
Aug 2017
The dance is even godlier than the manga.

10/10 would bust my moves again.

And Sex Pistols is great
WILL YOU STOP WHINING!?
No I don't understand! You snap at people, you're scary, you tried to eat me, but you're also kind and you're filled with life!
You gave me a name when I was a number, you gave me that compass, you taught me what it means to be alive!
That's why I care about you Velvet! I'll protect you for my own sake. I don't care if you're malevolent, or if it was pointless! If it's a mistake to love you, then I"ll fight the whole world! A world without you, Velvet, is the one thing I couldn't bear!
Eat my arm, just leave me the other one! I need it to clobber the jerk who made my Velvet cry!
-Laphicet, Tales of Berseria

Nov 16, 2018 1:59 PM
Apr 2018
Narancia dance time :]
Nov 16, 2018 2:43 PM

May 2009

This is going to be the #1 jojoke forever
Nov 16, 2018 2:44 PM
Jul 2018
I came for the dance and wasn't disappointed.
Nov 16, 2018 2:58 PM

Feb 2013
The dance was perfect!
Sex Pistols is amazing too.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2019

153 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 6:22 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2019

146 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 5:45 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 5: Ougon no Kaze Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2019

264 by Sus_baby »»
Mar 25, 12:50 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2019

110 by Seraschi »»
Mar 3, 4:52 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2018

77 by Leh_baka »»
Jan 20, 10:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.