Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 19, 2018 8:45 AM
Oct 2018
On another note, I hope they keep this up for the saint fight, really captured that helplessness quite well, Acqua good build up at least.
https://imgur.com/a/PzkOvZg
Nov 19, 2018 9:02 AM

Aug 2009
Tiau said:
ssjokg said:

I have no idea what muscle definition you refer to.You mean that bit on his chest in image 4?

Yeah.... WHAT an improvement.

Still slim as hell in image 3.

Yeah no, his torso is more structured, his neck actually isn’t a pencil, his clothes aren’t just flopping down but are actually “fitting” his arms. That’s also not taking in account how better his face and hair is now too.
It is amazing how you think that this looks good or better than the previous one.

It is also even more amazing that you think we must settle for less than mediocre adaptation and designs.
Nov 19, 2018 9:39 AM
Jan 2016
Finally, Touma is back!! And seems Itsuwa too!

This episode was awesome, i laughed a lot of times, funny jokes, and interactions between Itsuwa's group was really hilarious, interactions between Touma and Index in hause was funny, overall, comedy in this episode was enjoyable, for sure!

I am wondering when Mikasa will confront Touma about his lost of memory!

Didn't know about underground levels, but third level looks really fantastic!

Acqua looks so strong, they didn't stand a chance! Curious to see what will happen next!

Btw, i am glad that this arc is being explained! Battle royal arc was awkward!
Nov 19, 2018 10:04 AM
Oct 2018
ssjokg said:
Tiau said:

Yeah no, his torso is more structured, his neck actually isn’t a pencil, his clothes aren’t just flopping down but are actually “fitting” his arms. That’s also not taking in account how better his face and hair is now too.
It is amazing how you think that this looks good or better than the previous one.

It is also even more amazing that you think we must settle for less than mediocre adaptation and designs.

Whatever you say my man, its a little ironic at that considering this is up there with one of the most faithful episodes in all of Index 1-2 and even Railgun since it has that horrid filler for the content it actually covers(of course, no prologue so rip pope). I still don't even know what you mean by designs, but if that's the main extent of your complaints then this episode didn't really have much to complain about.
Nov 19, 2018 10:13 AM

Aug 2009
Yeah the designs are my only problem....Good job man.

This ep was perfect.it totally captured the essence of the LN and it was great in animation and directing.

Kyoani,Shaft,Bones and Ufotable should take lessons from the god that is Nishikiori.
Nov 19, 2018 1:51 PM

Nov 2013
ssjokg said:

This ep was perfect.it totally captured the essence of the LN and it was great in animation and directing.

Kyoani,Shaft,Bones and Ufotable should take lessons from the god that is Nishikiori.
Still haven't seen the episode but the only consistently good studio from that list is Bones.

Totally not a fanboy, I am not.
Nov 19, 2018 2:30 PM

Nov 2016
Yeah, definitely way better paced than usual and due to be being mainly slice of life it was pretty enjoyable too.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 19, 2018 11:11 PM

Jan 2016
From this episode I can see that it was well adapted including all the silly stuff(that I actually love). Here's hoping this trend continues onward with other arcs too so that I can easily forgive the butchering of the last arc.
Nov 20, 2018 12:29 AM

Jul 2016
ssjokg said:

Not trying to defend Nishikiori but you're blaming on a wrong person, you should blame Tanaka for the character design since Nishikiori is just a director. Acqua may not as bulking as his LN counterpart (Well if you're complaining his body size since I don't know which part do you mean) but his anime design in both Index II and III is mostly fine in my opinion.

I think you should complain about Touma's anime design rather than Acqua's lol. Touma has been keeping his same old uncle face in Index anime for 10 years just for the silly "bad luck" reason is ridiculous. Tanaka should have either redesign Touma to look similar to his LN counterpart or just reuses Touma's Railgun S design here (Since he also did the character design for Railgun anime series so it shouldn't have problem to reuses it in Index III), as long as it's not that uncle face or the Virtual-On game design (Where Touma look too young and Accelerator look so ugly there) it will be good enough.
Nov 20, 2018 12:31 AM

Aug 2009
I am pretty sure it is the director's job to say "this doesnt look good".
Nov 20, 2018 1:01 AM

Jul 2016
ssjokg said:

Perhaps, but I think maybe the director don't have a full control on the design staffs.

For example look at Son Goku's character design for Dragon Ball Super, not only his body was ridiculous oversize but his body also doesn't even center correctly like if the designer was drunk when he design it. It's hard to believe the directors (There's at least 4 director working on the anime) was keeping this design used on 111 episodes of that anime (Save for the remain 20 episodes since they give him a different design).
Nov 20, 2018 1:25 AM

Aug 2009
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
ssjokg said:

Perhaps, but I think maybe the director don't have a full control on the design staffs.

For example look at Son Goku's character design for Dragon Ball Super, not only his body was ridiculous oversize but his body also doesn't even center correctly like if the designer was drunk when he design it. It's hard to believe the directors (There's at least 4 director working on the anime) was keeping this design used on 111 episodes of that anime (Save for the remain 20 episodes since they give him a different design).

If they dont have control over what the rest are doing then what is the point of having one?
Nov 20, 2018 3:04 AM

Jul 2016
Perhaps the budget management? Well I dunno and this is just my wild guess based on one anime so I could be wrong here.
Nov 20, 2018 5:30 AM

Dec 2008
So many posts about Acqua !
Not even one little message for this rare Misakass fan-service :) !
Nov 20, 2018 6:03 AM

Aug 2009
Dragonic said:
So many posts about Acqua !
Not even one little message for this rare Misakass fan-service :) !
ssjokg said:
It is amazing how less intimidating Aqua seems compared to when he saved Vento. And the action is so amazing that our mongrel eyes arent even allowed to see it.

-Aqua [i]probably[i/] did something.
-Itsuwa stands up off screen
-Touma gets hurt multiple times off screen
-Subs are retarded(not the studio's fault but fuck them anyway)
-designs are retarded
-IB had no sound effect

Fuck it
I am watching this for Misaka's ass,if I cant get the adaptation I wanted then at least I will get a good fap out of it.

FSS, the best scene in the whole ep was the bike scene.It was the only time I felt something good was happening.
FrozenRaider said:
Nice ass biribiri.

Pray for it.Those will be ,sadly, the best moments in s3.
ssjokgDec 6, 2018 2:59 AM
Nov 21, 2018 1:13 AM

Oct 2008
The heck with this episode!? Is this April fools!? well maybe not since a lot said they've skipped a lot of stuff...but anyway,,, the art level is atrocious!
1/5.
matias067Nov 21, 2018 1:21 AM

Nov 21, 2018 2:31 AM

Feb 2010
Botato said:
ssjokg said:

Still haven't seen the episode but the only consistently good studio from that list is Bones.

Totally not a fanboy, I am not.

ufotable does good work there animation and art for kara no kyoukai was goat.

sadly though.they seem to be trapped doing fate/cashcow for all eternity.

matias067 said:
The heck with this episode!? Is this April fools!? well maybe not since a lot said they've skipped a lot of stuff...but anyway,,, the art level is atrocious!
1/5.

actually surprisingly this episode didn't really skip anything important. kind of wish they had this quality of effort into the last arc Well the animation still need work tho, but at lest the pacing isn't Mugino didn't lose her arm some how level of bad., but i guess they are just going to save it for touma story arcs only.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Nov 29, 2018 12:18 PM

Aug 2010
Snaita said:
AiHikari said:

The series is a lot about slow paced, world building. You can't just 'skip that shit'. The novels do spend a lot of time explaining academy city, it's places, it's culture, the every day life of people living in it. The anime adaptation has a weird, all over the place pacing that doesn't let this aspect shine, but the series is ALL about world and character development, every conflict only serves to advance those two aspects, there's no pointless conflict just for the sake of a fight.

Again? I said not to skip but to make it shorter. I'm all for world building which we would have in the previous arc if they shortened somethings in this episode and add it to BRoyal arc.

Somewhat late, but the problem isn't the Arcs. They could've made both really good and give it enough time for proper development on both arcs if they didn't want to cram all the remaining volumes of the novel in 24 episodes. Isn't the arcs fault, they simply compressing stuff too much and I'm happy AT LEAST one arc has some world building on it.
Dec 5, 2018 10:45 PM
Jun 2016
Well that got real dark Real quick
Dec 8, 2018 4:35 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
They are adapting this arc in the same way last one, 3 episodes, but the difference is this arc is way slower in pacing, so naturally this felt alot better than previous arc, which is a damm shame cuz vol15 is better than vol16, and one of the best volumes I have ever read.

Also Itsuwa animated it more cute than LN Itsuwa so that is always nice to see, Mikoto scenes where nice, lol for that bath scene, and even Index in the end felt for Itsuwa charms~~

I would say this was a decent episode, felt budget at times but the pacing wasnt bad at all, and I think they did a fine enough job at the end making Acqua look menacing enough.
Lets see how they handle the rest of them.

Snaita said:
The pacing is good? lol lol lol It's an episode 90% about nothing...
If they had made cuts on the useless shit that happened until Aqua appeared and added those cuts to the BRoyal arc it wouldn't have suck like it did.
This was really bad animated, I know Acqua is fast but not drawing him at all instead of disappearing is lazy. And Touma suddenly flying without showing him being hit is just awful.

Would never be enough, Battle Royale needed 6 episodes minimum with top budget, not some cheap stuff like it has been most of the scenes so far.
Hell, Battle Royale arc would have been great content to make a movie out of it.
PlaycoolDec 8, 2018 4:38 AM
Dec 10, 2018 6:06 AM

Dec 2014
well it gets more and more real with a little fan service in between.... damn touma is directly tArgetted...maybe we will know the secret behind his arm
Dec 19, 2018 9:03 AM

Aug 2013
It was an okay episode. The beginning was funny about lunch.

An enjoyable episode.

Dec 28, 2018 9:22 PM

Dec 2013
Itsuwa is far superior than Index!

Poor Touma got destroyed! Amakusa were completely useless...
Mar 2, 2019 7:06 AM

Apr 2013
Ah so he gives him an ultimatum.

...But why though?

Plus they also skimmed a lot on animation.
Mar 3, 2019 6:22 PM
Oct 2018
R2 said:
Ah so he gives him an ultimatum.

...But why though?

Plus they also skimmed a lot on animation.

Acqua isn't a bad guy, and he would rather not kill a literal child, the hand is the only thing the church wants
Mar 3, 2019 8:42 PM

Apr 2013
Tiau said:
[
Acqua isn't a bad guy, and he would rather not kill a literal child, the hand is the only thing the church wants

No I get that. It's just what stopped him from cutting off Touma's arm right then and there?
Mar 3, 2019 8:57 PM
Oct 2018
R2 said:
Tiau said:
[

No I get that. It's just what stopped him from cutting off Touma's arm right then and there?

It's a sense of pride/warrior thing, by having Touma do it he knows he resigned.
Kinda like why the Yakuza tell the one who did wrong to cut their own finger off instead of them just doing it themselves
Mar 11, 2019 9:29 PM

Dec 2014
finally Touma makes the leeching ass Index do some actual chores for once
Mar 25, 2019 1:03 PM

Mar 2013
Some animations and overall quality was so bad
The fight itself was really poorly done too... really mediocre

I really hope it gets better in the next episodes
Mar 30, 2019 6:45 AM

Aug 2017
Wow, the animation is bad but at least in this season Itsuwa has more screentime!

It seems that Acqua of the Back is a man of honor unlike Terra.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 17, 2019 6:39 PM

May 2012
We finally see Touma again, this was quite the more regular episodes compared to the previous one but still really nice. Really liked that more relaxed feel over it and especially the interaction with Index! Really fun episode.
RafaelDeJonghApr 17, 2019 6:49 PM
May 10, 2019 10:41 AM

Sep 2012
Saiji ur hilarious with that football, hit Toumas head to make hes face go right in to Itsuwa's boob billow lol
Sep 29, 2019 9:52 AM

Sep 2018
I think I'll have to re-watch this episode.
Aug 20, 2020 3:38 PM

Feb 2019
oh right you are a normal teenager except that...

It is incredible that he continues to deny being special even after having done so many feats all thanks to his mysterious power and worse to boast that all the merit is by their own will and bravery, nah!
Oct 15, 2020 12:32 PM

Apr 2013
Probably the best episode so far, lots of Itsuwa and no talk about stupid shit. The antagonist giving him one day to cut off his own arm was hella stupid though.
Nov 12, 2020 10:47 PM
May 2020
Lol that funny scene where the whole gang prepared to kick the ball straight to Touma's head and Misaka just saw them celebraring accidentially, it gets me everytime.

And Acqua arc is about to start.
Dec 8, 2020 4:00 AM

Dec 2012
Touma's back in AC?
lol at Tsuchimikado kicking Aoyama Pierce.
OMG! It's Itsuwa!
Itsuwa is Touma's personal bodyguard.
lol They want Itsuwa to go on the offensive.
lol at the Itsuwa hidden huge oppai theory.
lol at that woman listening.
Biri-Biri.
LMAO The ball hit Touma and he went into Itsuwa oppai.
lol at Misaka.
Motorboat dat oppai Touma.
lol Misaka sees them.
lol at Shpynx stepping on Touma.
lol Index bites Touma.
lol at Touma throwing Index because she's interrupting his dream.
lol at Tsuchimikado.
Touma sitting behind Itsuwa and got his hands on her hips. lol at Index saying ulterior motive.
Touma hand moved down on Itsuwa.
Misaka sees Index.
Dat booty.
Show Itsuwa oppai. Free the nipples!
Itsuwa so happy walking with Touma. lol
Acqua.
Kisama! How dare you hit Itsuwa!
Touma got fucked up.
Dat ending.

Loving these Touma and Itsuwa scenes. Can't help but smile every time. I wish they would have shown Itsuwa oppai so the hidden huge oppai theory can be solved.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 30, 2021 10:11 PM

Jan 2017
The prologue to this arc has way better pacing than any of the Battle Royale arc episodes, geez I wonder why totally not coz of bath scenes

The Amakusa is slowly becoming my favourite faction for the Magic side
Jun 25, 2021 9:03 AM

Aug 2018
lol, lots of fun this episode.. ;P
Touma probably would be happy to live with his harem like this, lol.. ;D
Damn, so much is built underground in this city.. Pretty impressive..
And Touma's harem in the bath together~ ;P
Mikoto realizes she doesn't actually know a lot about Touma, or Index.. Well.. Yeah.. You could hang out more together..
Three sides are around Touma, hm..
Oct 16, 2022 2:34 AM
Jan 2021
Anything with Misaka is at least a 4
Jun 2, 2023 12:33 PM

May 2020
JC Staff: Look we know the animation is ass, exposition is confusing and most of all the pacing is tragic clusterfuck... but hey, hey we'll give you the "Itsuwa hidden huge boobs theory" and lots of fanservice. So please keep supporting us :P

Good to see Acqua of the rear giving one hell of a time to this wannabe harem king. Now either give your right arm peacefully or get your ass whooped and lose the right arm anyways.
Jun 9, 2023 10:09 AM

Nov 2010
01:36 What the hell happened to the animation? lol.
I was trying to ignore the animation quality, but damn after seeing those flashbacks from S2, it's clear how much it fell.
Itsuwa is waifu tier! She has nice boobies!

Good comedy in this episode. I also noticed that the animation quality shot up during the fanservice scenes. I love the studio's priorities!

Damn, they got utterly trashed. How can they beat him next time? And why the heck didn't he cut off Touma's arm? Sigh, cliche strikes again where the villain gives the protagonist a chance to beat him, and Touma will surely kick his ass.
Nov 28, 2023 1:53 PM

Nov 2023
Finally, this anime felt so weird without the star: Touma!
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Can you imagine if the Final arc was a 3 part movie Adaptation like the Kizu movies?

BerriesSan - Mar 22

10 by Laplace_kun »»
Apr 13, 2:48 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2019

354 by bakakisima »»
Dec 11, 2023 7:07 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2019

117 by bakakisima »»
Dec 8, 2023 8:56 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2019

74 by bakakisima »»
Dec 8, 2023 6:46 AM

Poll: » Toaru Majutsu no Index III Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 1, 2019

82 by bakakisima »»
Dec 5, 2023 11:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.