Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Nov 15, 2018 1:23 PM

Nov 2015
Let's hear it. Who is better one or the other and WHY?
You cannot spell Light without L
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Nov 15, 2018 1:45 PM

Jan 2018
I like Oregairu a bit more just because the main character is literally the best protagonist of all time other than light yagami.
Nov 15, 2018 2:27 PM
Jan 2017
They’re both good.
Nov 15, 2018 2:49 PM

Nov 2011
Bunny Girl since MC is kinkier.
Hate Keeps me warm
Nov 15, 2018 3:17 PM

Nov 2015
Thorf said:
I like Oregairu a bit more just because the main character is literally the best protagonist of all time other than light yagami.
I am with u on that Oregairu for now because Hachiman is better...BUT AINT NO WAY IN HELL that Light is better than L, mado scientisto and some others!
Nov 15, 2018 3:32 PM

Aug 2017
I'm going with Oregairu. I like both MC but Hachiman has that ideology and the way he does thing that, even though Bunny Girl MC also has that feature, I find more unique and overall it attracts me more than Bunny Girl. The deepness of Oregairu also makes me think more about this stage in our lives that we call adolescence and the way other's opinions about us can struck us down. I like both series a lot, but Oregairu has a special place in my favourite animes.
Nov 15, 2018 6:01 PM
Apr 2012
yeti123full said:
I'm going with Oregairu. I like both MC but Hachiman has that ideology and the way he does thing that, even though Bunny Girl MC also has that feature, I find more unique and overall it attracts me more than Bunny Girl. The deepness of Oregairu also makes me think more about this stage in our lives that we call adolescence and the way other's opinions about us can struck us down. I like both series a lot, but Oregairu has a special place in my favourite animes.

This MC doesn't really seem to have that ideology, especially after Mai also got in trouble at the beginning after he straight emabarassed himself. I like this MC more than oregaiu. Oregairu seems to have a masochistic way of dealing with things and little smug because of it. Also Oregairu has worse dialogue, well more along the lines of this is an anime for sure.

This show has less anime troupes other than that sister being overly attached which is very unlikely regardless of the sistuation, even though that would've been terrifying. Hachiman has that bad anime habit of acting/being oblivious same with the majority of the characters. Like they aren't self-aware. It's like remaining status quo because I don't wanna accept it any other way, which happens in almost every romance anime ever(Which was literally the second arc in this anime because it is a problem)

My vote goes to this though, because I sure love the dialogue in bunny girl. Who ever wrote it deserves more recognition.
Nov 15, 2018 6:16 PM
Jan 2017
Prohomiez said:

My vote goes to this though, because I sure love the dialogue in bunny girl. Who ever wrote it deserves more recognition.

Author is Hajime Kamoshida who authored Pet Girl of Sakurasou and was the writer for anime original Just Because.
Nov 15, 2018 9:03 PM
Apr 2016
Idk man.. I have to wait until this series ends. For me it's like bunny girl dialouge vs hachiman. Hachiman is my top 3 mc but this show gives me the best dialogue ever. Also the scene sasukta (can't spell it) defends koga is one of my favs scenes in anime. Usually I have to bear the mc get his ass kicked or watch him being Mary sue when he somehow knows karate or some shit. This anime is really refreshing to me.
Nov 15, 2018 9:05 PM
Mar 2018
Both are great in their right. It just depends on preference. Personally, I prefer Oregairu but Bunny Girl is still pretty great too.
Nov 15, 2018 9:13 PM

Jul 2015
Hachiman has better jokes, Yukinon is more interesting than Mai. I like both tho. And there're only 7 eps. It might get better, or worst

Nov 17, 2018 2:54 PM

Nov 2015
Still-a-Casual said:
Way too early for me to say this is better than Oregairu. Hachiman, Yui, and Yukino had great character development spanning over two seasons. Not only that, the dialogue in Oregairu rivals Bunny Girl, it isn't like Bunny Girl has clear superior writing thus far.

I also appreciate the fact that Oregairu has a regular sister character, while Bunny Girl has sister fanservice. When a shows focuses so strongly on having well-written characters, that sort of thing out of place.
Oregairu has better dialogue than BunnyGirl Senpai....I hope this debate makes them make 3rd season faster lol(come out light novels wee need FINALE)
Nov 17, 2018 9:07 PM

Oct 2010
haganai and nisekoi are better

and any other similar animes

snafu s2 was a snoozefest and bunny anime is boring as shit cus of all the supernatural crap
lots of music -
Nov 17, 2018 11:24 PM

Mar 2017
Oregairu, I think it's a better series in general but mostly the main characters and their ideologies especially Hachiman make it superior to bunny girl for me. Sakuta is a great MC though
Nov 17, 2018 11:38 PM
Nov 2018
Personally, I prefer Oregairu too :)
Nov 17, 2018 11:58 PM

Aug 2016
Well, I don't think I can compare between the two since Oregairu doesn't have the supernatural side which made me fall in love with bunny girl which I think that comparing it to monogotari is more logical since they got a lot of mutual points, anyway I would say bunny girl in both cases but Hachiman is still the best MC
Reven-of-deathNov 18, 2018 8:51 AM
Nov 18, 2018 7:21 AM
Jun 2016
Oregairu is the best romcom ever period!!
I'm really enjoying bunny girl senpai... I love this show but it is not even close to Oregairu!
P.S:- Hachiman is the loner king... no one can touch him except Yukino yukinoshita, she's the queen!!❤
Nov 19, 2018 7:37 AM
Jul 2018
I grew fond of best girl my Bunny Girl. I'm sorry tho, you still can't hold a candle to Yukino.
Nov 19, 2018 10:19 AM
Oct 2018
I like this show a lot. But no one can come close to Hachiman or anyother oregairu character(Haruno and Hiratsuka, best side characters ever)
25NOVemberNov 19, 2018 12:02 PM
Nov 19, 2018 5:59 PM
Jan 2017
well, theres something new in Bunny Girl that Oregairu doesnt have, the (adolescence syndrome) that makes it exciting.. so ill go for Bunny Girl.. by the way, is Mai-san is the evolved form of Yukinoshita-san? :D
Nov 19, 2018 10:42 PM
Jan 2018
I love both but Oregairu still better. Oregairu is my special favorite anime Bunny Girl can't replace it
Nov 19, 2018 10:42 PM
Jan 2018
I love both but Oregairu still better. Oregairu is my special favorite anime Bunny Girl can't replace it
Nov 19, 2018 10:47 PM

Jul 2015
hachiman > sakuta
mai > yukino
komachi > kaede
tomoe > yui
so i dont know

Well...
Nov 19, 2018 11:30 PM
Oct 2018
Loathsome said:
hachiman > sakuta
mai > yukino
komachi > kaede
tomoe > yui
so i dont know

Haruno/hiratsuka/iroha> rest of bunny girl sepai cast
Nov 19, 2018 11:34 PM

Aug 2016
Bunny girl for me, I like characters more then I did in Oregairu.
Nov 20, 2018 2:25 AM

Jul 2017
I don’t see the comparison between the two. Bunny Girl is much more similar to Monogatari, which I would say the latter is better in nearly every aspect. Bunny Girl is still great though
Nov 20, 2018 11:07 AM
Nov 2018
Girls from both the animes have got me confused for which one i like better. Both of the MCs got almost the same ideology... like not caring what others say.... but i think that sakuta handles things more efficiently than hachiman..still i cant say which one i like clearly better
Nov 20, 2018 11:12 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Conversations of Hachi X Yuki are much more believable. Whilest the dialogue exchanges between Sakuta and Mai feel too far-fetched. Oregairu is definitely better.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Nov 20, 2018 11:15 AM

Feb 2015
One more novel to go and we'll know Oregairu's ending(and if I'll hate on it or not). From book 13's last chapter, looks like I have to prepare for the worst.

I'm not watching this until it's done airing, but I have a hard time believing the main girl could be more attractive than Yukino.
Nov 20, 2018 7:21 PM
Nov 2018
can't choose from MC perspectives,i like all this kind of MC,both are in the same boat with hyouka, classroom of elites and mekakucity actors MC,they simply "too cool while not an edgy jerk",i mean those MCs have their own uniqueness,if i must choose,it would be for the heroines,and by this time, yukino still ahead of mai so oregairu for me
Nov 20, 2018 11:42 PM
Jun 2017
Audience
ppl are so into this series cus somhow they manage to develop the philosophy of cool is sakuta.. -they way he let himself into chick's life faced not-soo-complicated problem just to get her attention and blantan sexist humor do rly super effective against whamen-. hooked on this character to face reality is just ugh pls stop ull get laid but soon
meanwhile
the trends where oregairu on-airing is hachiman. they want to be an asshole in the sake of justice and self-pleasure. they dont want to get into trouble but with thinking it already cause a trouble. your introvert life has begun.
overall im still on oregairu every other romance ships is soo unapealling to me
Nov 21, 2018 12:35 PM

Jan 2016
I love both of the shows immensely, but Oregiaru is the best anime rom com ever in my opinion an edges out Bunny girl senpai by a bit.

Bunny girls senapi is probably in my second (non sequel) anime of the year just behind SoraYori
Nov 21, 2018 1:03 PM

Jul 2014
Bunny girl>Oregairu S1>>>>Oregairu S2.
S2 was too edgy for my taste unlike S1 which had a great balance of comedy and edgy, bunny girl doesnt have that kinda edge plus its a supernatural genre which intrigues me more than just watching plain edgy highschool kids.
-StrayNov 21, 2018 1:11 PM
Nov 21, 2018 1:36 PM
Jun 2015
Yes I'm biased , Oregairu is much better in this sense.
well written character , Hachiman is a 3D character which we got to see the best of him in hard times.

Bunny girl is a mimic resurrection of Oregairu for the new generation.
Nov 21, 2018 2:23 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Oregairu simply because Hachiman’s ideology is just pure gold and his way of doing things can be influenced by arrogance but they certainly do the trick, and just the general plot seems more intriguing.
It’s pretty much a close call though, to some extent.

Also,
Yukino > Mai
Komachi > Kaede
Yui < Futaba
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Nov 21, 2018 3:30 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
After watching the latest episode I have lost interest in the MC of Seishun Buta, he is too overpowered and unrealistic. Solves problems after problems like cutting butter with a knife. He is bland.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Nov 21, 2018 3:59 PM
Mar 2008
I like Bunny girl over oregairu. I like the interactions betwen Sakuta and Mai funny with all the perverted comments.

Also it is enjoyable to see Mai's affection towards Sakuta while I feel Yukino is more mean and distant. Also the side crew in oregairu is not memorable for me. While I actually enjoy Futuba a little bit.
Nov 21, 2018 9:26 PM

Apr 2016
This is the question that'll keep me up at night
Nov 21, 2018 10:23 PM

Dec 2014
I prefer Oregairu. With Bunny Girl I feel like they toss in a bunch of references and try to relate them to the plot making it sound smarter than it actually is, but fails. Whether that is due to the source or the direction, I don't know nor do I care. That's not to say Bunny Girl is bad-- in fact, I really like it a lot-- as the character interactions are always fun to listen to, and the characters aren't stupid and rely on unfunny anime tropes usually (*cough* Kaede *cough*) to showcase interactions.

Oregairu challenges each individual's worldview and forces them to grow. I prefer shows that handle the struggle between what is right and wrong without being stupidly over-the-top, and Oregairu handles it with aplomb. It really feels like I'm watching people instead of just fictional characters. Also Hachiman and Iroha are so fun to watch.
I need sleep.
Nov 22, 2018 12:19 AM

Mar 2016
Well I couldn’t last more than 2 episodes in Oregairu before losing the incentive to continue it iirc. Meanwhile I’m enjoying bunny girl senpai up till now. So yeah you can see how it is for me.
Nov 22, 2018 12:37 AM
Oct 2018
yukino is love

totsuka is life
Nov 22, 2018 4:59 AM

Nov 2015
Takao_21 said:
Well I couldn’t last more than 2 episodes in Oregairu before losing the incentive to continue it iirc. Meanwhile I’m enjoying bunny girl senpai up till now. So yeah you can see how it is for me.
i would asvise you to watch it... when i watched Oregairu the first time i watched only one episode and was like oh well..i have better things to watch...after couple of months i watched both seasons...now its REwatched 3 times already
Nov 22, 2018 8:53 AM

Oct 2017
well, i think oregairu is better although i don't see why so many people compare the two
Nov 22, 2018 9:45 AM

Apr 2012
+1
For Bunny Senpai.

Why? Because I hate ambiguous endings SNAFU had and I also don't like harem. It's unrealistic ffs. 2 girls agree to have a truce and wait for the MC to make a choice between them? Fuck that chauvinistic undertone. In real life; one or both of the girls would go for it (mc) and to hell with the other. Why again? Because it's about:"her" and her happiness and to what she can bring to the relationship rather than worry about the competition and be miserable.
If you guys get a hard on and get off with this troupe then good for you.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Nov 22, 2018 10:06 AM

Jan 2014
You're comparing apples to oranges. Oregairu and Bunny Girl are nothing alike.

If you really *do* need to compare Bunny Girl to something similar, it's Monogatari. Both have a snarky main character that delivers a ton of witty dialogue, character arcs always revolve around a teenage girl involved in the supernatural and they both get a girlfriend by the 2nd arc.

Their 3rd arcs also involve a girl suffering from some sort of psychological duality.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 22, 2018 11:26 AM
Feb 2015
This anime is basically a mix of oregairu, stein's gate and bakemonogatari series.
i love j
Nov 22, 2018 12:48 PM

Dec 2015
Oregairu us far superior - watched everything and did not have to drop it while I dropped Bunny girl after episode 7.

Oregairu: Better main chars. And the plot feels more like a real plot - not like short arcs to just introduce different girls the main char has to interact with. (Felt even a bit like wannabe-harem even though he doesn't like them. The sister with her weird jokes and all of the girls sleeping at the main chars place instead of Mai offering the other girl to stay with her for the night in episode 7.)

In my scoring/grade system:
8/10 (grade B) for Oregairu
6/10 (grade D for Bunny Girl

(And High [or Hi] Score Girl from previous season is 9/10, A - cause it has real romance and nice interaction in stead of stupid SoL with scientific stuff. :D)
Nov 22, 2018 10:25 PM

May 2016
Oregairu, Fight me! Btw should’ve done a poll
Nov 23, 2018 9:49 AM

Jun 2014
Thread locked.

Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage discussion; e.g. random "xx vs. yy", picture collecting, simple listing, etc.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2018

518 by weka »»
Apr 21, 4:56 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2018

278 by Killerind »»
Apr 18, 8:02 PM

» How many chapters left

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 7

10 by Aruhaya »»
Apr 8, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2018

195 by RinoRappa »»
Apr 4, 6:46 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2018

276 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 24, 5:24 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.