Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Nov 15, 2018 2:55 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
so basically zombies + lightning = vocaloids

Japan never ceases to amaze me
Nov 15, 2018 3:19 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This anime never ceases to surprise me lol, we going full vocaloid now xDDD
Nov 15, 2018 4:00 PM
Mar 2017
dasprn said:
The performance was electrifying!! Best idols once in a while. It's like a crossover of legends.
My heart really skipped a bit like Lily when the thunderstruck.

FireCrauter said:

I already want to know the past of Tae Yamada (≧▽≦)

We all wanna know the legendary waifu.

MomoSinX said:

Yeah, Sakura is betterr off not remembering how she died LOL, actually could it be that Koutaro was the one who killed her? lol

Most definitely the plothole of the show XD.
THEORY:
It was seen that in chapter 1, a truck ran over the protagonist, and in this, the manager runs over Junko.

It will be a simpel coincidence ?, or a way of saying that the Manager ran over the protagonist, and that is the reason why he meets the protagonist. (Since she was not famous, nor idol, I do not know why else she would know her) .

Maybe it could be that it was the Manager who threw a bolt on the stage. (I do not think so, but the theory remains in the air, never better said)

Besides that we do not know anything about him and how he revived them, even he could be immortal and hide his eyes for that. Anyway, there is still not enough information to make a good theory
(Maybe it was he who killed everyone, hehe I do not think so, but it would be interesting)
FireCrauterNov 15, 2018 4:04 PM
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Nov 15, 2018 4:04 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode if not the most 'idol' episode to date. Felt like a pretty classic episode you'd see in an idol anime.

Mamoru with them pep talks and trolls, this guy is just too awesome. xD

While I did really enjoy them, there were arguably some frames missing from Franchouchou's performances which made it look a little stuttery, I guess they don't really have the budget of something like Love Live to make the performances good despite the CG. Nevertheless, great showing. Junko's singing voice was amazing, I was surprised at how good she was.

That lighting to electro song transformation was awesome, It was hilarious but at the same time really cool. xD

Looking forward to next week.
Nov 15, 2018 4:12 PM

Jul 2016
The thing that happens after the lightning strike was amazing! I did NOT expect that!!!

Piromysl said:
Takes direct hit from lightning - microphones still working.
Japanese technology.

Even the speakers are still working.
jericjanNov 15, 2018 5:15 PM
Nov 15, 2018 4:21 PM
Oct 2016
This was quite possibly my favorite episode yet. The new song was catchy and fun, and just when I thought Awaken Returner couldn't get any better, it did.

I have a lot of really good feelings from this right now. X3
Nov 15, 2018 4:35 PM
Jul 2018
The iron frills must be really busy and left the stage soon after their performance. Or else how the heck did they miss the Zombified Ai. She was their main gig and she was going and only 10 years has passed since her death.
Nov 15, 2018 4:37 PM

Jan 2011
really liked this episode we all knew they were gonna do the lighting strike but i didn't think it was gonna auto tune them lol,

amazed Junko's VA is kinda new her singing is godlike.

slightly tilted the other group had a animated performance meanwhile we still got CGI for our girls i'm just confused on whats the plan here not like they can't do it they got that cygames money
Nov 15, 2018 5:17 PM

Aug 2013
Never change Japan, never change. Seriously this episode may have been the best one since episode 2.
Don't believe the hype.
Nov 15, 2018 5:29 PM

Oct 2015
Tatsumi was really cool in this episode, instead of this joker of a human being he showed his sincere sensitive intelligent side to Junko. I hope it won't be the last of it.

I see also Sakura is starting to have flashes of her memories and I'm starting to worry about that. What Tatsumi is doing is dangerous though since he is making them famous, what if someone who knew the girls or one of them recognized them like that journalist? If it ends up that no one comes forward after they're famous then this anime will be a lot of bull. I'm really triggered about his intentions.

Anyway, that was a very thunderous epic performance and totally electrified my mind.

Great episode,
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 15, 2018 6:04 PM

May 2017
MomoSinX said:

Yeah, Sakura is betterr off not remembering how she died LOL, actually could it be that Koutaro was the one who killed her? lol

Been saying this since episode 1, but knowing how Junko and Ai dies, I thought was wrong but then here comes her deja vu
Nov 15, 2018 6:09 PM

Dec 2016
Here's what I think... Or Saga Rock is a very dangerous place for a concert or Ai is just unlucky with the lightning. I wonder why, but it was scarry to watch her got hit twice with the same disaster X_x
Vocaloid? Not a fan of it, but it was good to have a change of pace, I guess.

MomoSinX said:

Now that you mention it... it might too much of a coincidence that Koutaro hit someone with that same speed that Sakura was killed from. Maybe he did do that to Sakura and we haven't realized the connection from it untill now. It's a possibility. You might not be wrong, but let's wait for a few more episodes untill we get a better idea of what really happened to Sakura and an explanation of her case before we jump to conclusions :)

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Nov 15, 2018 6:28 PM
Aug 2018
A show that's about undead idol girls has no business being this good.
Nov 15, 2018 6:35 PM
Sep 2011
anirudhtsuki said:
The iron frills must be really busy and left the stage soon after their performance. Or else how the heck did they miss the Zombified Ai. She was their main gig and she was going and only 10 years has passed since her death.

It's a new group of girls forming Iron Frill after those 10 years. The reporter is noticing though, so something more regarding Ai should happen soon.
Nov 15, 2018 6:50 PM
Jun 2017
Like that performance under the rain...
Nov 15, 2018 6:52 PM

Jan 2017
Okay, am I the only one who thought the CG dance scene looked like 10x (okay maybe just 5x) better this time around?

Like it looked pretty fucking good to me. The faces were a lot more expressive, and I think the animation and directing were way better?

It helps that the music was tight as fuck too (at least for me, your mileage may vary lol).
Also I felt more invested in the characters and their situation this time around, BUT STILL...

That shit looked GOOD
(not great but I'd take it over choppy 2D because I honestly don't think the production on this show could pull off something as well done in 2D more than a couple times over the run of the show; the episode two rap scene is already one of those imo)
Nov 15, 2018 6:53 PM

Oct 2018
OMG Junko´s voice. I´m just in love with her. What a beautiful and strong voice she shows here.
Nov 15, 2018 7:04 PM

May 2018
This is the first time we saw manager isn't annoying, rather than that, he looks very gentleman this week, especially when he helps junko back to the team.

Van-chan, don't you dare... DON'T !! Ahh, too late, he follows the step of her senpai, Truck-kun

I start to love Franchouchou performance, especially in voice department. I noticed two with good voice based on my ears, Junko and Yuugiri. And, I think it's not only me who noticed that Tae is step-by-step closer to sanity. Now she can follow everyone's chat, although she still can't talking.
Nov 15, 2018 7:16 PM

Mar 2014
fuk all the virtual software effects. this is the real beam generated by human bodies.
Nov 15, 2018 8:02 PM

Aug 2013
idk why they put CGI on Franschucu when Iron Fill is 2d animated
probably they teasing a mobile game
HI CYGAMES

Junko singin voice tho
Pog

Nov 15, 2018 8:14 PM
Dec 2016
I'm starting to think that the CG dancing is supposed to represent that they are not really that good at dancing yet. True, they have character and enthusiasm that causes people to notice and enjoy their performances, but they lack finesse. With two exceptions, they are all relatively new to the idol life. Frankly, it would be strange if this ragtag group of misfits could suddenly dance just as well as a perfectly synchronized, established idols.

The issue then becomes, how do you convey to the audience that they are not really dancing perfectly? Do you have them constantly making mistakes like in episode 3? No, that would be too immersion breaking. We wouldn't be able to buy that they are attracting such a large following if they are that incompetent. The solution they chose was to animate their dancing using awkward CG.

I think that the last episode will probably feature well animated dancing that will fully showcase their growth. If not, then I am probably completely wrong.
Nov 15, 2018 8:17 PM

Sep 2017
Basically their entire performance was CG, but it didn't look too bad. I did find it amusing how a person in the crowd commented on them looking stiff just as they turned to CG lol.

Saw Junko getting run over a mile away but it was still funny.
Nov 15, 2018 8:45 PM

Jul 2016
Kind of curious that the performance of Iron Frill was made with no CGI at all whereas Franchouchou's was... but well, I really liked the episode in the end despite this "curious" decision.

Seeing Kotaro acting as a proper manager was unexpected for me as well but it truly helped Junko to overcome her insecurities. It was a great scene and it changed my mind a little about him being only an lovable idiot... although I lost my shit when I saw the face he made after hitting Junko with the van xD

Overall, it was a very good episode.

P.S.: Also, I guess it's being about time for someone to recognize Ai, just saying.
Nov 15, 2018 8:50 PM

Aug 2017
This is AOTS for me right now. I really like this show.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 15, 2018 9:52 PM

Oct 2014
The FPS dropped once again during their sing and dance but to be honest, that insert song was great and a huge improvement compare to the dance in the park.

Never expected this anime to be this good. I'm a guy and I'm slightly ashamed that I'm enjoying this anime, lol.
Nov 15, 2018 10:01 PM

Aug 2017
Wow, this episode was really amazing!! I like how sakura is slowly regaining her memories. would love to see how her past was like!

Nov 15, 2018 10:06 PM

Apr 2016
The dude can be nice and serious when it counts the most.
Nice to see a different side of him since he's usually loud and oppressive. :v

LOL! They re-enact Sakura's car hit scene, but minus the epic rock music.

Nov 15, 2018 10:22 PM

Jan 2016
Wow Junko's usual voice and when she's singing is so different and damn Koutarou hit her with his van.
I feel like the CG is getting better or I'm just already used to it but I enjoy this episode.

The song is kinda catchy and I like that last scene after the thunder strikes.
Nov 15, 2018 11:11 PM

Nov 2017
- Junko growing mushroom on her head?
- wooo... Ai's body breaking apart.

- That stupid manager....
- Owh... that something with heart shape on Lily chest was acctualy her heart...
- oh fuck... that was acctual vocaloid stage on anime.
- Is that old man realize something? ot it was just my magination?
Now Loading.....
Nov 15, 2018 11:23 PM

May 2015
"FIGURE IT OUT ON YOUR OWN DAMN SELF, YOU DUMBASS ZOMBIE!" BEST MANAGER EVER!

"Zombies are supposed to be on the other side of the barricades!"
"Fix the door." LOL

"You're not the type of girl who would let something like this stop you!"
"You hit her with a freaking van!" Saki would be excellent at Animesins. *DING!*

WATERPROOF SPRAY!

Now I wonder what the animators were thinking in this episode. How come Iron Frill gets the hand drawn performance while Franchouchou has to be CGI? And not just any CGI, but SUPER CHOPPY CGI!? I mean it was even more choppy than episode 3. That aside, the songs were great, and I really love how they keep making Tae's movements separate from the rest of the group. And lucky for Ai, lightning can't kill her this time, so they got to give it their all with an "electrifying" performance! And Junko has got one hell of a voice. More songs!

Also, Tae's beginning to follow Saki and speak a bit. I'm calling it now. When Franchouchou looks like all is lost, Tae's going to be the one that saves them.
TarotistNov 15, 2018 11:30 PM
Nov 16, 2018 2:20 AM
Oct 2017
I find that the producer has a certain resemblance to Albert Wesker in addition to the residence is a mansion probably a small reference to the series Resident Evil
Nov 16, 2018 3:09 AM
Nov 2018
HaXXspetten said:
so basically zombies + lightning = vocaloids

Japan never ceases to amaze me

You're welcome👩‍✈️

That laser finger is hilarious! That was totally unexpected! I can't wait for next episode.
Nov 16, 2018 5:55 AM

Jan 2011
Adam1202P said:
How the fuck did Iron Frill's performance was animated like everything else and Franchouchou's performance was CG?
Iron Frill's choreography and camera work has less effort put into it. Like bare minimum.
ReaperCreeperNov 16, 2018 6:00 AM
Nov 16, 2018 6:21 AM

Nov 2011
She's starting to talk BOYS!!!! THE LEGENDARY YAMADA TAE!!!!

It was an okay episode overll. I like the ending when they brought Techno/Vocaloid into the anime. Very nice use of the lightning.

Kotaro is hilarious again.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Nov 16, 2018 6:45 AM

Feb 2014
FireCrauter said:
dasprn said:
The performance was electrifying!! Best idols once in a while. It's like a crossover of legends.
My heart really skipped a bit like Lily when the thunderstruck.

We all wanna know the legendary waifu.

Most definitely the plothole of the show XD.
THEORY:
It was seen that in chapter 1, a truck ran over the protagonist, and in this, the manager runs over Junko.

It will be a simpel coincidence ?, or a way of saying that the Manager ran over the protagonist, and that is the reason why he meets the protagonist. (Since she was not famous, nor idol, I do not know why else she would know her) .

Maybe it could be that it was the Manager who threw a bolt on the stage. (I do not think so, but the theory remains in the air, never better said)

Besides that we do not know anything about him and how he revived them, even he could be immortal and hide his eyes for that. Anyway, there is still not enough information to make a good theory
(Maybe it was he who killed everyone, hehe I do not think so, but it would be interesting)

El Psy Congroo! What a conspiracy!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Nov 16, 2018 7:12 AM

Sep 2018
Beat episode since ep2 imo.... fkin loved tatsumi's face after hitting junko with the van <3
But honestly the concerts r the worst parts of each ep they need to cut back on them a bit
Nov 16, 2018 7:12 AM

Sep 2018
Beat episode since ep2 imo.... fkin loved tatsumi's face after hitting junko with the van <3
But honestly the concerts r the worst parts of each ep they need to cut back on them a bit
Nov 16, 2018 8:10 AM

Feb 2014
Never show up in practice... and managed to nail it perfectly in real show
Imagine if Konno Junko is still alive! Such amazing performance
Nov 16, 2018 8:42 AM

Dec 2014
Please let Junko fall in love to Kotaro after this, or at least she becomes fully respect of Kotaro!
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Nov 16, 2018 9:00 AM

Jul 2017
No problem with CG effect, but i still waiting the soundtrack
G
Nov 16, 2018 9:50 AM

May 2016
Lol, this show really has a gimmicky way of car crashes. Poor Junko.

Good episode
Nov 16, 2018 10:04 AM

Mar 2017
Just when I thought I was done with idol anime smh
Apart from the new song, the remix of Mezame RETURNER was fucking epic and something new . A part of me actually feels like hoping to have this show more successful than Love Live. And that's coming from someone who used to be a hardcore fan.

Adam1202P said:
How the fuck did Iron Frill's performance was animated like everything else and Franchouchou's performance was CG?
that's really the only problem. though to be fair, the other group's performance wasn't full unlike Franchouchou
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Nov 16, 2018 11:36 AM

Mar 2007
Tomm01p said:
I feel like the enjoyment of those cgi dances really depends on the mindset of the viewer. If you're gonna take them seriously you're not gonna like them. If you're gonna take them satirically you're gonna like them.

I don't take them as either. I just love them. Now are you gonna watch this for fun or to grind up your "power level"?
Nov 16, 2018 12:50 PM

Jul 2015
Producer also throwing great talks, the crash, Junko and Ai being great and a freaking awesome performance (my sides), man I love this anime.
Nov 16, 2018 2:58 PM

Dec 2012
So the last sung part in the OP was done by Junko's VA? I think I found best girl.

I don't watch as much anime as before...
Nov 16, 2018 3:42 PM
Sep 2018
This episode was amazing and I'm so caught up in the feels for these girls x The music is extremely catchy as well, whoever wrote it definitely put their time and effort into it x3 All I will say though is I'm pretty sure the speakers would've been blown up upon lightning strike but hey, anime! The finale was amazing too with the lightning lasers and autotune x3

Will agree with others though the cg in the dances are a bit off putting especially when we got a fully animated dance with iron frill but hoping that the theories about it being intentional are true and we get a fully animated one in the finale.

Either that or Cygames has got a rhythm game coming out and they're doing them as cg to cut on costs and budget xP i'm not complaining either way
Nov 16, 2018 3:51 PM
Nov 2018
I like this series
Nov 16, 2018 6:01 PM

Dec 2016
The second part of the epsiodio was phenomenal, it combines very well with the past episode and was both emotional, cute and funny.

The producer is a little problem for me, sometimes he's an asshole, sometimes he's playful and sometimes he's a wise man.

I can perfectly see him possessing two of these traits simultaneously, but all three? I do not get it. If it was not for that he'd be one of my all time favorites.

Also, I hope to see less of Junko and Ai, they are cool, but the other girls deserve attention. (Maybe this will be solved in a second season, but that's dreaming too much XD)

The AOTS stand for me is being contested with ZLS, if the show has at least one emotional perfomance of the group, without CGI, possibly it will have the title.
heh.
Nov 16, 2018 6:06 PM

May 2018
Adam1202P said:

love live does the same thing, Saint Snow and A-Rise didn't get CG performances but Muse and Aqours did. So to avoid CG performances in these kind of shows, avoid being the main character group :D

Huh, so Kotaro could be serious when he wants too! That was a really nice scene when he talked to Junko.

This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Nov 16, 2018 6:39 PM

Apr 2008
PurpleGirl203 said:
Vocaloid? Not a fan of it, but it was good to have a change of pace, I guess.
Seeing comments from Japanese Twitter, that electrical voice arrange (and the finger laser) is supposed to be homage to the band Perfume.

bondtux said:
- Is that old man realize something? ot it was just my magination?
Probably Junko's fans when he's younger :D
nseikaNov 16, 2018 6:47 PM
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2018

293 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 4:29 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2018

138 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 3:56 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2018

117 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2018

378 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 12:18 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2018

159 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 4, 11:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.