Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Nov 15, 2018 11:14 AM

Jul 2017
Good episode. Nice to see the manager show a more serious side in this one.
Nov 15, 2018 11:30 AM

Jun 2014
Kotaro actually showed a less comedic, more serious side this episode. That was a nice change. Of course it didn't last too long, but it was still nice to see.

I almost lost my shit when Kotaro hit Junko with the van. That was supposed to be a serious scene and he fucked up so badly LOL. Episode 1 flashbacks.

I'm glad the girls were able to put on a good performance despite the bad weather. Lol at the lightning auto-tuning their voices and allowing them to shoot lasers from their fingers.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 15, 2018 11:53 AM

Aug 2016
Okay so being struck by lightning is a pretty inventive way to get them to sing auto-tuned lol. Seeing Koutarou be serious was odd, but good to see he can be normal, also the way he smashed down the door, I wonder is he is secretly a zombie too.
Also at this point I'm guessing Tae is not gonna 'wake up' until the final episode, maybe not even until the last few moments, like an after credit scene.
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Nov 15, 2018 12:07 PM

Jul 2013
Probably best episode of the series. It had everything, funny moments, awesome moments, heartwarning moments... And I was very surprised seeing Kotaro behaving like a helpful and well meaning figure instead of a loud jerk. I knew this would eventually happen, but didn't expected to be this soon, and I'm happy with this.
I was also done as soon as they started to talk with the auto-tune voices after being striked by the lightning. Simply wonderful.

Also best girl (the legendary) Yamada Tae is awakening more and more each episode it pass. Wish they show us how her true personality is before the series ends, please.

Laxus07 said:
Junko singing voice was incredible there.
This. She sounds so shy and soft-spoken in her normal self, then you hear all the power of her singing voice. Simply fantastic.
Nov 15, 2018 12:11 PM

Jan 2013
hopefully the shenanigans surrounding Ai and Junko is over now.
Nov 15, 2018 12:29 PM

Jul 2017
Ngl even though I was expecting that truck incident that was still amusing

Ten said:
Adam1202P said:
How the fuck did Iron Frill's performance was animated like everything else and Franchouchou's performance was CG?

I'm pretty sure it's all done on purpose. Because they are zombies, they aren't supposed to move like normal people, even the guys in the crowd noticed the difference.

Or it could be like some others mentioned, meant to parody other Idol shows like Love Live who use CG in their performances. Either way I agree I think it's done on purpose
Nov 15, 2018 12:31 PM
Mar 2017
The music they sang at the end is from the OST ?, or one already made ?, It reminded me of a song of hatsune miku, that I do not remember

I already want to know the past of Tae Yamada (≧▽≦)
FireCrauterNov 15, 2018 4:00 PM
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Nov 15, 2018 12:34 PM

Nov 2016
Tatsumi trolling again hahaha, he's really one of the best characters this season.

Really loved this episode, how Junko and Ai overcame their crisis and the performance. They definitely brought a smile on my face.

And lol at the van hommage to episode one.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 15, 2018 12:35 PM
Mar 2018
Something is up with this CG. They even point out in the episode that they look stiff.
Nov 15, 2018 1:03 PM
Oct 2017
Junko who dies again but this time in the same way as Sakura....... Sakura who forgot that she was dead and thrown back by a van

the transformation of girls Super Sayen Blue thanks to the lightning it was cool
concert of thunder in passing
Nov 15, 2018 1:04 PM

Jul 2015
Takes direct hit from lightning - microphones still working.
Japanese technology.

Nov 15, 2018 1:16 PM

Jun 2017
"Zombies are supposed to be on the other side of the barricade!" LMAO

Junko actually fixed the door.. I am dying.

Yeah, Sakura is betterr off not remembering how she died LOL, actually could it be that Koutaro was the one who killed her? lol

Anti water spray! (for SHOES, roflmao)
Nov 15, 2018 1:25 PM

May 2016
Did they really fired laser beams from their fingers? How far we come.
Nov 15, 2018 1:30 PM

Nov 2011
I loved this episode solely because of the vocaloid-auto-tune and the laser beams. Truly a gift.
Nov 15, 2018 1:35 PM
Jun 2016
was a mostly okay episode till that epic ending :> hehe love the synthesizer type singing from the lightning.
Nov 15, 2018 1:52 PM

Apr 2015
Koutarou really can be serious when he tries! I guess everyone has a normal side, even Koutarou.

This episode was pretty great, crazy but great. Van-kun strikes again, but this time it was Koutarou driving and Junko being hit. Poor thing. The autotune song at the end was pretty cool, not to mention the lighting being the cause of it too, that was kinda funny.

I got used to the CGI at this point, it's not even bothering me anymore.
Nov 15, 2018 2:04 PM

Dec 2017
i honestly don't see this being any different from any comedy idol stuff like love live and shit. really was expecting this to be satire, but it's nothing but an alternative with idols being zombies
Nov 15, 2018 2:07 PM

Feb 2014
The performance was electrifying!! Best idols once in a while. It's like a crossover of legends.
My heart really skipped a bit like Lily when the thunderstruck.

FireCrauter said:

We all wanna know the legendary waifu.

MomoSinX said:

Yeah, Sakura is betterr off not remembering how she died LOL, actually could it be that Koutaro was the one who killed her? lol

Most definitely the plothole of the show XD.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Nov 15, 2018 2:10 PM

May 2015
Considering how this show focuses a lot on comedy, I was definitely expecting their songs to be forgettable. But honestly, I've really liked them up to now - especially their new song from today's episode. I hope we continue to get more new songs.

I know the CG shouldn't bother me, but considering how much I like the songs, I just wish we had a killer performance animation to go with it. I get that it's probably done on purpose, but I hope after the show finishes we get fully animated MVs for their songs so I can appreciate them more.

♡ artist
サコ
Nov 15, 2018 2:37 PM

Jul 2013
Now I know where those vocaloids were coming from
Nov 15, 2018 2:55 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
so basically zombies + lightning = vocaloids

Japan never ceases to amaze me
Nov 15, 2018 3:19 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This anime never ceases to surprise me lol, we going full vocaloid now xDDD
Nov 15, 2018 4:00 PM
Mar 2017
dasprn said:
The performance was electrifying!! Best idols once in a while. It's like a crossover of legends.
My heart really skipped a bit like Lily when the thunderstruck.

FireCrauter said:

We all wanna know the legendary waifu.

MomoSinX said:

Most definitely the plothole of the show XD.
THEORY:
It was seen that in chapter 1, a truck ran over the protagonist, and in this, the manager runs over Junko.

It will be a simpel coincidence ?, or a way of saying that the Manager ran over the protagonist, and that is the reason why he meets the protagonist. (Since she was not famous, nor idol, I do not know why else she would know her) .

Maybe it could be that it was the Manager who threw a bolt on the stage. (I do not think so, but the theory remains in the air, never better said)

Besides that we do not know anything about him and how he revived them, even he could be immortal and hide his eyes for that. Anyway, there is still not enough information to make a good theory
(Maybe it was he who killed everyone, hehe I do not think so, but it would be interesting)
FireCrauterNov 15, 2018 4:04 PM
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Nov 15, 2018 4:04 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode if not the most 'idol' episode to date. Felt like a pretty classic episode you'd see in an idol anime.

Mamoru with them pep talks and trolls, this guy is just too awesome. xD

While I did really enjoy them, there were arguably some frames missing from Franchouchou's performances which made it look a little stuttery, I guess they don't really have the budget of something like Love Live to make the performances good despite the CG. Nevertheless, great showing. Junko's singing voice was amazing, I was surprised at how good she was.

That lighting to electro song transformation was awesome, It was hilarious but at the same time really cool. xD

Looking forward to next week.
Nov 15, 2018 4:12 PM

Jul 2016
The thing that happens after the lightning strike was amazing! I did NOT expect that!!!

Piromysl said:
Takes direct hit from lightning - microphones still working.
Japanese technology.

Even the speakers are still working.
jericjanNov 15, 2018 5:15 PM
Nov 15, 2018 4:21 PM
Oct 2016
This was quite possibly my favorite episode yet. The new song was catchy and fun, and just when I thought Awaken Returner couldn't get any better, it did.

I have a lot of really good feelings from this right now. X3
Nov 15, 2018 4:35 PM
Jul 2018
The iron frills must be really busy and left the stage soon after their performance. Or else how the heck did they miss the Zombified Ai. She was their main gig and she was going and only 10 years has passed since her death.
Nov 15, 2018 4:37 PM

Jan 2011
really liked this episode we all knew they were gonna do the lighting strike but i didn't think it was gonna auto tune them lol,

amazed Junko's VA is kinda new her singing is godlike.

slightly tilted the other group had a animated performance meanwhile we still got CGI for our girls i'm just confused on whats the plan here not like they can't do it they got that cygames money
Nov 15, 2018 5:17 PM

Aug 2013
Never change Japan, never change. Seriously this episode may have been the best one since episode 2.
Don't believe the hype.
Nov 15, 2018 5:29 PM

Oct 2015
Tatsumi was really cool in this episode, instead of this joker of a human being he showed his sincere sensitive intelligent side to Junko. I hope it won't be the last of it.

I see also Sakura is starting to have flashes of her memories and I'm starting to worry about that. What Tatsumi is doing is dangerous though since he is making them famous, what if someone who knew the girls or one of them recognized them like that journalist? If it ends up that no one comes forward after they're famous then this anime will be a lot of bull. I'm really triggered about his intentions.

Anyway, that was a very thunderous epic performance and totally electrified my mind.

Great episode,
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 15, 2018 6:04 PM

May 2017
MomoSinX said:

Been saying this since episode 1, but knowing how Junko and Ai dies, I thought was wrong but then here comes her deja vu
Nov 15, 2018 6:09 PM

Dec 2016
Here's what I think... Or Saga Rock is a very dangerous place for a concert or Ai is just unlucky with the lightning. I wonder why, but it was scarry to watch her got hit twice with the same disaster X_x
Vocaloid? Not a fan of it, but it was good to have a change of pace, I guess.

MomoSinX said:

Now that you mention it... it might too much of a coincidence that Koutaro hit someone with that same speed that Sakura was killed from. Maybe he did do that to Sakura and we haven't realized the connection from it untill now. It's a possibility. You might not be wrong, but let's wait for a few more episodes untill we get a better idea of what really happened to Sakura and an explanation of her case before we jump to conclusions :)

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Nov 15, 2018 6:28 PM
Aug 2018
A show that's about undead idol girls has no business being this good.
Nov 15, 2018 6:35 PM
Sep 2011
anirudhtsuki said:
The iron frills must be really busy and left the stage soon after their performance. Or else how the heck did they miss the Zombified Ai. She was their main gig and she was going and only 10 years has passed since her death.

It's a new group of girls forming Iron Frill after those 10 years. The reporter is noticing though, so something more regarding Ai should happen soon.
Nov 15, 2018 6:50 PM
Jun 2017
Like that performance under the rain...
Nov 15, 2018 6:52 PM

Jan 2017
Okay, am I the only one who thought the CG dance scene looked like 10x (okay maybe just 5x) better this time around?

Like it looked pretty fucking good to me. The faces were a lot more expressive, and I think the animation and directing were way better?

It helps that the music was tight as fuck too (at least for me, your mileage may vary lol).
Also I felt more invested in the characters and their situation this time around, BUT STILL...

That shit looked GOOD
(not great but I'd take it over choppy 2D because I honestly don't think the production on this show could pull off something as well done in 2D more than a couple times over the run of the show; the episode two rap scene is already one of those imo)
Nov 15, 2018 6:53 PM

Oct 2018
OMG Junko´s voice. I´m just in love with her. What a beautiful and strong voice she shows here.
Nov 15, 2018 7:04 PM

May 2018
This is the first time we saw manager isn't annoying, rather than that, he looks very gentleman this week, especially when he helps junko back to the team.

Van-chan, don't you dare... DON'T !! Ahh, too late, he follows the step of her senpai, Truck-kun

I start to love Franchouchou performance, especially in voice department. I noticed two with good voice based on my ears, Junko and Yuugiri. And, I think it's not only me who noticed that Tae is step-by-step closer to sanity. Now she can follow everyone's chat, although she still can't talking.
Nov 15, 2018 7:16 PM

Mar 2014
fuk all the virtual software effects. this is the real beam generated by human bodies.
Nov 15, 2018 8:02 PM

Aug 2013
idk why they put CGI on Franschucu when Iron Fill is 2d animated
probably they teasing a mobile game
HI CYGAMES

Junko singin voice tho
Pog

Nov 15, 2018 8:14 PM
Dec 2016
I'm starting to think that the CG dancing is supposed to represent that they are not really that good at dancing yet. True, they have character and enthusiasm that causes people to notice and enjoy their performances, but they lack finesse. With two exceptions, they are all relatively new to the idol life. Frankly, it would be strange if this ragtag group of misfits could suddenly dance just as well as a perfectly synchronized, established idols.

The issue then becomes, how do you convey to the audience that they are not really dancing perfectly? Do you have them constantly making mistakes like in episode 3? No, that would be too immersion breaking. We wouldn't be able to buy that they are attracting such a large following if they are that incompetent. The solution they chose was to animate their dancing using awkward CG.

I think that the last episode will probably feature well animated dancing that will fully showcase their growth. If not, then I am probably completely wrong.
Nov 15, 2018 8:17 PM

Sep 2017
Basically their entire performance was CG, but it didn't look too bad. I did find it amusing how a person in the crowd commented on them looking stiff just as they turned to CG lol.

Saw Junko getting run over a mile away but it was still funny.
Nov 15, 2018 8:45 PM

Jul 2016
Kind of curious that the performance of Iron Frill was made with no CGI at all whereas Franchouchou's was... but well, I really liked the episode in the end despite this "curious" decision.

Seeing Kotaro acting as a proper manager was unexpected for me as well but it truly helped Junko to overcome her insecurities. It was a great scene and it changed my mind a little about him being only an lovable idiot... although I lost my shit when I saw the face he made after hitting Junko with the van xD

Overall, it was a very good episode.

P.S.: Also, I guess it's being about time for someone to recognize Ai, just saying.
Nov 15, 2018 8:50 PM

Aug 2017
This is AOTS for me right now. I really like this show.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Nov 15, 2018 9:52 PM

Oct 2014
The FPS dropped once again during their sing and dance but to be honest, that insert song was great and a huge improvement compare to the dance in the park.

Never expected this anime to be this good. I'm a guy and I'm slightly ashamed that I'm enjoying this anime, lol.
Nov 15, 2018 10:01 PM

Aug 2017
Wow, this episode was really amazing!! I like how sakura is slowly regaining her memories. would love to see how her past was like!

Nov 15, 2018 10:06 PM

Apr 2016
The dude can be nice and serious when it counts the most.
Nice to see a different side of him since he's usually loud and oppressive. :v

LOL! They re-enact Sakura's car hit scene, but minus the epic rock music.

Nov 15, 2018 10:22 PM

Jan 2016
Wow Junko's usual voice and when she's singing is so different and damn Koutarou hit her with his van.
I feel like the CG is getting better or I'm just already used to it but I enjoy this episode.

The song is kinda catchy and I like that last scene after the thunder strikes.
Nov 15, 2018 11:11 PM

Nov 2017
- Junko growing mushroom on her head?
- wooo... Ai's body breaking apart.

- That stupid manager....
- Owh... that something with heart shape on Lily chest was acctualy her heart...
- oh fuck... that was acctual vocaloid stage on anime.
- Is that old man realize something? ot it was just my magination?
Now Loading.....
Nov 15, 2018 11:23 PM

May 2015
"FIGURE IT OUT ON YOUR OWN DAMN SELF, YOU DUMBASS ZOMBIE!" BEST MANAGER EVER!

"Zombies are supposed to be on the other side of the barricades!"
"Fix the door." LOL

"You're not the type of girl who would let something like this stop you!"
"You hit her with a freaking van!" Saki would be excellent at Animesins. *DING!*

WATERPROOF SPRAY!

Now I wonder what the animators were thinking in this episode. How come Iron Frill gets the hand drawn performance while Franchouchou has to be CGI? And not just any CGI, but SUPER CHOPPY CGI!? I mean it was even more choppy than episode 3. That aside, the songs were great, and I really love how they keep making Tae's movements separate from the rest of the group. And lucky for Ai, lightning can't kill her this time, so they got to give it their all with an "electrifying" performance! And Junko has got one hell of a voice. More songs!

Also, Tae's beginning to follow Saki and speak a bit. I'm calling it now. When Franchouchou looks like all is lost, Tae's going to be the one that saves them.
TarotistNov 15, 2018 11:30 PM
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2018

293 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 4:29 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2018

138 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 3:56 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2018

117 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2018

378 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 12:18 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2018

159 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 4, 11:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.