Forum Settings
Forums

Why do American teens love talking about sex, but...

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Nov 13, 2018 11:25 PM
Jul 2018
HopefulNihilist said:
@Maneki-Mew

You didn't answer the question.

Everything is there. There is a huge difference, if you are serious about a topic or just joking.
Nov 13, 2018 11:26 PM

Oct 2014
lml That's definitely a generalization. " psychology, philosophy, race, politics", mean little to nothing to a highschooler who is already likely being forced to learn so many topics that he or she are most likely not interested in. Sex is more interesting because it's more intertwined with what they want to experience and are likely to come across - relationships.

Race is important to teens as well, but not in an argumentative way. They subconsciously create their opinions on race relations while building social connections, which why you're more likely to see a Hispanic being around other Hispanics, a black with other blacks, and so on.

The other two are either irrelevant in adolescence or simply to abstract to apply in real life.

Nov 13, 2018 11:31 PM

Feb 2010
Venomous said:
which why you're more likely to see a Hispanic being around other Hispanics, a black with other blacks, and so on.

you probably would have a different opinion if you were at my high school when i was there >_>

everyone who liked sports flocked to gather regardless of race

everyone who liked gaming flocked together regardless of race.

it was more a mutual interest at my school then race.

as for to abstract to apply in real life.

i wouldn't say
psychology is abstract.

its a big part of who we are.

same with philosophy.

a big thing that defines who we will become is philosophy and psychology, but a lot of time you wouldn't think about that as a freshmen in high school its more something people tend to reflect on when your entering senior or college life or later then that when it become important. besides most teenagers don't want to talk about that stuff since they spend most there history and other classes being drilled about it.

i thought about that stuff early on which funnily enough made me isolated form basically the whole of my own age group since i got along more with older people (having experience a lot of death when your only in elementary school tends to have that effect) trauma makes you reflect on philosophical things more i find.
GrimAtramentNov 13, 2018 11:38 PM
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Nov 13, 2018 11:33 PM
Jul 2018
Railey2 said:
@hopefulnihilist i hate it when people split up quotes in a thousand parts.

Than I'll continue to split up quotes into thousands of parts.

Railey2 said:
Anyone with decent people skills can infer quite a lot about someone from their post history without having met them. Luckily, you post quite a lot on here, and a lot about your personal struggles as well. Everyone who paid attention, which I did, can puzzle together a pretty good personality profile.

No you can't. Peoples' behavior online are completely different than their real life behaviors.
For example, let's real here, the way you talk to me, the way you always try to pick a fight with me...you wouldn't have the balls to say any of the things you say to me in real life.

Railey2 said:
The things with no friends was a jab, the truth is that you might have one or two friends, but that doesn't change your overall situation.

One or two? No, I have quite a lot. Maybe not, say, a 100, but definitely in the double digits.

Railey2 said:
Here's what I'm reasonably sure of:

You are insecure about your intelligence, which shows very clearly when it is being tested by someone actually smart, like katsu.

What do you know about me and katsu? We've had beef for several months now. Recently, I went to his profile pleading him for us to stop beefing. Then he comes here just to mock me.

Railey2 said:
Your reaction in this thread to him? It bothers you that he doesn't approve of you. If you had the confidence, you wouldn't care so much.

What makes you think I, "care so much" whether Katsu approves of me or not? If he wants to continue to beef, I'll serve him the beef.

Railey2 said:
Tough spot to be in, for sure, but it's a more common position than you may realize. When you don't have a lot going for yourself to boost your ego, you try to boost it by convincing yourself that you're more intelligent, "deeper" than others, and therefore better.

No. I'm not "deeper" than others. I'm just as stupid and immature as all of you are.

Railey2 said:
This is a cornerstone of who you are, at the moment. How do you want to proceed from here?

I'll start by taking you out of this beef.

Stop coming onto my threads just to pick on me like a coward, and come to my profile. We can settle as much beef as you want there.
Come on, throw all the disses you can at me; make all the "nihilistic" jokes you can about me, assume things about me you barely know.
Nov 13, 2018 11:45 PM

Feb 2010
HopefulNihilist said:
Railey2 said:
@hopefulnihilist i hate it when people split up quotes in a thousand parts.

Than I'll continue to split up quotes into thousands of parts.

Railey2 said:
Anyone with decent people skills can infer quite a lot about someone from their post history without having met them. Luckily, you post quite a lot on here, and a lot about your personal struggles as well. Everyone who paid attention, which I did, can puzzle together a pretty good personality profile.

No you can't. Peoples' behavior online are completely different than their real life behaviors.
For example, let's real here, the way you talk to me, the way you always try to pick a fight with me...you wouldn't have the balls to say any of the things you say to me in real life.

Railey2 said:
The things with no friends was a jab, the truth is that you might have one or two friends, but that doesn't change your overall situation.

One or two? No, I have quite a lot. Maybe not, say, a 100, but definitely in the double digits.

Railey2 said:
Here's what I'm reasonably sure of:

You are insecure about your intelligence, which shows very clearly when it is being tested by someone actually smart, like katsu.

What do you know about me and katsu? We've had beef for several months now. Recently, I went to his profile pleading him for us to stop beefing. Then he comes here just to mock me.

Railey2 said:
Your reaction in this thread to him? It bothers you that he doesn't approve of you. If you had the confidence, you wouldn't care so much.

What makes you think I, "care so much" whether Katsu approves of me or not? If he wants to continue to beef, I'll serve him the beef.

Railey2 said:
Tough spot to be in, for sure, but it's a more common position than you may realize. When you don't have a lot going for yourself to boost your ego, you try to boost it by convincing yourself that you're more intelligent, "deeper" than others, and therefore better.

No. I'm not "deeper" than others. I'm just as stupid and immature as all of you are.

Railey2 said:
This is a cornerstone of who you are, at the moment. How do you want to proceed from here?

I'll start by taking you out of this beef.

Stop coming onto my threads just to pick on me like a coward, and come to my profile. We can settle as much beef as you want there.
Come on, throw all the disses you can at me; make all the "nihilistic" jokes you can about me, assume things about me you barely know.

incorrect minus spelling error i am much the same as i am in real life. not everyone hides behind mask. actual everyone hides behind a mask, regardless of if they are online or in real life, but a person true nature may change over time, but they can't perfectly change who they are. you can not be another person, since you can only have the same thoughts as yourself.

also pleading to people only to stop posting on your topics will never work. unless you can prove they actively hunt for your topics rather then posting a topic they have interest(where it be a dislike or like.) in then theirs nothing you can do about it.

well everyone has more friends then they think they have. even i who considers myself a loner have more friends then what i would probably tell you.

"What makes you think I, "care so much" whether Katsu approves of me or not?"

"The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference."

Even i will admit i care what some people here say as i dislike it if i didn't care at all what a person said or about that person i would not respond to them. since i just don't care.

Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Nov 13, 2018 11:46 PM
Jul 2018
hazarddex said:
Venomous said:
which why you're more likely to see a Hispanic being around other Hispanics, a black with other blacks, and so on.

you probably would have a different opinion if you were at my high school when i was there >_>

^This. Nobody cared about race, gender or sexuality or something else. If anything, the social status of their family was important and some reason to flock together, but that vanished with age and maturity increasingly.
Nov 13, 2018 11:59 PM

Dec 2014
HopefulNihilist said:
peanutbutters said:

rofl, "intelligent"
Sigmund Freud, one of the top pioneers of psychology has most of his theories and shit literally grounded in libido and sex.

There's a world of difference between talking about who you fucked and how good sex felt vs the psychology of sex.
No. You are grasping at straws.

HEADS UP, I'm smarter because i watch rick and morty.

You don't know what a Nihilist actually is. Being a Nihilist =/= not giving a shit. Being a Nihilist = not believing that life has meaning to it. That's literally it.

no, that's not "literally it". stop trying to rigidly define nihilism because it's a never ending loop that cannot be defined because it eats itself. It's like trying to answer "did the chicken or the egg come first?" For life to have "no meaning" implies there has had to be some conception of "meaning" in order to add the "no" in.
if that's all there is to nihilism, every book about it would be " not believing that life has meaning to it... the end".

nihilism implies liberation and "empowerment" as the pioneers coined it from breaking down crying at the drama of life and could not deal with the thought that there is no god.
the core ideas of nihilism were expressed long before it ever became a term. zen buddhism is, i'd say the basis, and one of it's arguments are that words cannot express "raw nature" or what things "really are", as words are abstract representations that monkey men like us masturbate to.

I don't know what nihilism is, all i know is that I can paraphrase what's already been written about it, think i understand it, and pass it off as my own to make myself sound smart, and then in my death bed, realize it was all a funny joke in the end.

As to what a nihilist does in the context of empowerment and liberation, full throttle on inward desires.

I meant to ask why people in real life are sensitive to more intelligent topics, but not sex

no, stop kidding yourself. the fact that you include "intelligent" already implies "better vs worse" via "intelligence vs un-intelligence. you're not asking objectively.
Is this where you live?

Nov 14, 2018 12:02 AM

Oct 2014
hazarddex said:

i wouldn't say
psychology is abstract.

same with philosophy.

a big thing that defines who we will become is philosophy and psychology, but a lot of time you wouldn't think about that as a freshmen in high school its more something people tend to reflect on when your entering senior or college life or later then that when it become important. besides most teenagers don't want to talk about that stuff since they spend most there history and other classes being drilled about it.

i thought about that stuff early on which funnily enough made me isolated form basically the whole of my own age group since i got along more with older people (having experience a lot of death when your only in elementary school tends to have that effect) trauma makes you reflect on philosophical things more i find.

Race grouping can be part of hobby based grouping at the same time because statistically speaking, different races prefer certain hobbies more than others. This isn't to say that one hobby can't be largely preferred by different or even all racial groups simultaneously though. Teens form their racial perspective through experiencing and not experiencing diversity, both of these parts are important to that process.

Perhaps you were an exception, or maybe you thought others didn't have these thoughts simply becuase they weren't comfortable sharing it in school. Either way, I guess I can understand how philosophy is part of a teenagers early identity but discussing and studying philosophy as a subject is what I meant by being too abstract to create a conversation. You don't go to your friend in the cafeteria to argue about the state of living and the meaning of existence naturally. So yeah, while both of these subjects are inherently ingrained into a teenagers personality, avid discussion of things like philosophy and psychology ( that require an entire different set of skills dedicated to understanding concepts and applying them to real life situation) is another completely harder thing for a highschooler.

Nov 14, 2018 12:03 AM
Jul 2018
Whatever. I'm not going to debate Nihilism with a MAL user of all things.

peanutbutters said:
no, stop kidding yourself. the fact that you include "intelligent" already implies "better vs worse" via "intelligence vs un-intelligence. you're not asking objectively.

First, fix your grammar, please. I can't take anything you say seriously if you can't even spell right.
Second, no, intelligent =/= better. Philosophy is a more intelligent subject than sex, but it's not "better".

Why are you so desperate to find holes in my question? Are you starving for attention THAT much?
Nov 14, 2018 12:16 AM

Feb 2010
Venomous said:
hazarddex said:

i wouldn't say
psychology is abstract.

same with philosophy.

Race grouping can be part of hobby based grouping at the same time because statistically speaking, different races prefer certain hobbies more than others. This isn't to say that one hobby can't be largely preferred by different or even all racial groups simultaneously though. Teens form their racial perspective through experiencing and not experiencing diversity, both of these parts are important to that process.

Perhaps you were an exception, or maybe you thought others didn't have these thoughts simply becuase they weren't comfortable sharing it in school. Either way, I guess I can understand how philosophy is part of a teenagers early identity but discussing and studying philosophy as a subject is what I meant by being too abstract to create a conversation. You don't go to your friend in the cafeteria to argue about the state of living and the meaning of existence naturally. So yeah, while both of these subjects are inherently ingrained into a teenagers personality, avid discussion of things like philosophy and psychology ( that require an entire different set of skills dedicated to understanding concepts and applying them to real life situation) is another completely harder thing for a highschooler.

going to have to disagree

i find gaming tends to be a hobby that is not race based.

same with sports and reading/tv shows. now the kinds of games,sports, reading, tv shows, tends to be more culture base, but again even there the lines of race tends to blur. and its not uncommon for those who are form completely different parts of the world to find common interests.

humans are not a collective consciousness. we have more individualistic ideas, but still have some unity with other humans.

perhaps i was, but i don't like to think of myself as "special."

true its not really a thing people tend to discuss with friends unless your in the philosophy or a debating club. i also find that it is a thing people enjoy discussing, but only with the right social setting. i find people are more likely to talk about philosophy with either a complete stranger or family/old friend classmates not so much.

i would say it more depends on how a high schooler was raised and what they went through in life.
GrimAtramentNov 14, 2018 12:45 AM

Nov 14, 2018 12:35 AM

Dec 2014
peanutbutters said:

First, fix your grammar, please. I can't take anything you say seriously if you can't even spell right.

peanutbutters said:
words are abstract representations that monkey men like us masturbate to.

HopefulNihilist said:
Why are you so desperate to find holes in my question? Are you starving for attention THAT much?

honey... honey... what did i just say? did you finally get it? to not rigidly define things and take things seriously?
and what are debates for other than to question your assumptions and ponder alternatives?
it's clear that i'm not the only one who thinks you're in over your head, it's the majority rofl. this has all been done before, these teenage outbursts of stroking intellectualism with no practical appliance other than to boost ego.

clearly i've admitted already i don't know what the fuck i'm talking about, clearly i've expressed my views on "intelligence", and finally congratz if you're finally seeing things as a joke.

Ooo, I'm more loose and open to debate. I love debating with anyone but for me, my threshold is the moment I see someone riddled with confirmation bias: "a tendency to search for or interpret information in a way that confirms one's preconceptions, leading to statistical errors."
is when it becomes a huge turn off.

WALP BRO, I'm turned off. I dunno what to say anymore. You're outnumbered.If the thought of "huh, i might have phrased this thread wrong. maybe it does sound egotistical, labeling"intelligent" topics", doesn't cross your head as to why people are stereotyping and assuming who you are, might i add with your previous posting history, i dunno what to say...

THE MAJORITY AS SPOKEN. DEMOCRACY! AMUERICAH! pew pew pew.
peanutbuttersNov 14, 2018 1:11 AM
Is this where you live?

Nov 14, 2018 12:47 AM

Oct 2012
HopefulNihilist said:
Why do American teens like to talk about other American teens having sex so much and grammar? Why don't they like to talk about nihilism?
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Nov 14, 2018 2:15 AM

Jul 2015
HopefulNihilist said:

Stop coming onto my threads just to pick on me like a coward, and come to my profile.
I might put that in my signature, this is just too good, lmao.

Anyway, I've said what I wanted to say. I'm certain enough about my analysis that I don't particularly care for your input on this matter, and neither do I care for your guesses on my character.
My running assumption is that your reply was another weak save you threw for your ego. It won't work out forever.
"my life at this state could be transposed into a pretty massive biography"

- Cneq, "the guy who was literally using BTC in 2012 to make deals in the first main instance of a digital itemized economy forming naturally in all human history (also the precursor of NFTs) and who had 20k+ total trades.", 23 years old

MAL's most prolific antivaxxer, Noboru.
Nov 14, 2018 6:56 AM
Jul 2018
@Railey2

Alright. I tried to reason with you, but you're nothing but a coward, and a really really rude person. You do nothing but come to my threads just to mock me, so...I'm going to block you.

@katsucats

In past threads you criticized me for being immature, yet you're not different than a preschool bully obsessed with satisfying his ego. You're just a coward with low self-esteem issues. I'm going to block you too, so I don't ever have to deal with the likes of you.
Nov 14, 2018 8:10 AM
Jul 2018
idk i only talk to one american teen and we talk about some pretty deep stuff sometimes
Nov 14, 2018 9:04 AM
Jul 2018
HopefulNihilist said:
Being a Nihilist =/= not giving a shit. Being a Nihilist = not believing that life has meaning to it. That's literally it.

There are other positions for which life has no intrinsic meaning. Existential nihilism does indeed believe that life has no meaning, but you are mistaken in concluding that it ought not to result in 'not giving a shit'. It should. And this is why I seldom come across a nihilist that is actually one, if ever. Caring about something, or giving a shit, is to ascribe value to that something, or shit. This also applies to moral judgements. It is not coherent to simultaneously adhere to the notion of Nihilism and plan what you do in order to get what you enjoy and make moral calls in the process. That's contradictory.
removed-userNov 14, 2018 9:07 AM
Nov 14, 2018 9:06 AM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
Psychology, philosophy, race, politics. They're all linked to sex.
Philosophy of sexual restrain, politics of sexual education, sexual racism, psychology of sexual racism...
SO BASICALLY SEX IS THE BASIS OF LIFE IM A RIGHT

Nov 14, 2018 9:07 AM
Jul 2018
justcaolan said:
Here in Ireland all of us teens are intelllectualz and we talk about shit like filosify sicollegey and race all the time

Seems Y'all have IQ einstein. Good to know.
Nov 14, 2018 9:13 AM
Jul 2018
Lolsebca said:
Philosophy of sexual restrain, politics of sexual education, sexual racism, psychology of sexual racism...

True. But there's a difference between talking about whom you had sex with vs whether say, sex should only be reserved between married partners.

@Railey2

@katsucats

Man, you guys have NOTHING better to do than harass me online. Meanwhile, I'm going to college while having a part time job. Aw, did I hurt your feelings? There there :)
Thanks for the offer, but I only allow blowjobs from mature women. Let's see, what are both of you?:
1. Men
2. Immature.
Stay away from me you Stans ;)

@Vulze

Yeah, I'm not going to take anything you say seriously about Nihilism until:

1) You stop posting that shit on a thread that literally has nothing to do with Nihilism aside from my username, you shitposter (is it a coincidence that "shit" ie "poop" is in shitposter?)
2) You cite actual sources.
Nov 14, 2018 9:20 AM
Jul 2018
HopefulNihilist said:
@Vulze

1) You stop posting that shit on a thread that literally has nothing to do with Nihilism aside from my username, you shitposter (is it a coincidence that "shit" ie "poop" is in shitposter?)

Vulze said:
HopefulNihilist said:
Being a Nihilist =/= not giving a shit. Being a Nihilist = not believing that life has meaning to it. That's literally it.

There are other positions for which life has no intrinsic meaning. Existential nihilism does indeed believe that life has no meaning, but you are mistaken in concluding that it ought not to result in 'not giving a shit'. It should. And this is why I seldom come across a nihilist that is actually one, if ever. Caring about something, or giving a shit, is to ascribe value to that something, or shit. This also applies to moral judgements. It is not coherent to simultaneously adhere to the notion of Nihilism and plan what you do in order to get what you enjoy and make moral calls in the process. That's contradictory.

So about what exactly do you need sources?
Nov 14, 2018 9:29 AM

Aug 2015
i don't think it's just in america, i reckon it's for most teens in general. we find these topics of politics boring. we don't look that deep into it other than mocking trump. but it's not like you can't have serious and deeper conversations with us. and sex can be joked around, never find anyone talking seriously about that
Nov 14, 2018 9:44 AM

Oct 2017
Teenagers tend to follow trends to fit in,i don’t quite like the term ‘fitting in’ especially because if you are in a group of friends, you are already IN the group and you should’ve had the same respect, fellow aid, and attention as soon as you join in.
What you should focus on is something that interests you and that your group of friends can willingly accept and respect your interest.
''Enemies' gifts are no gifts and do no good.''
Nov 14, 2018 9:46 AM

Jan 2013
yeah we get it u r 2 deep for everyone.

weetI guess, as long as I have life, all I can do is fight with all my might.
Nov 14, 2018 9:52 AM

Jul 2015
HopefulNihilist said:
Lolsebca said:

True. But there's a difference between talking about whom you had sex with vs whether say, sex should only be reserved between married partners.

@Railey2

@katsucats

Man, you guys have NOTHING better to do than harass me online. Meanwhile, I'm going to college while having a part time job. Aw, did I hurt your feelings? There there :)
Thanks for the offer, but I only allow blowjobs from mature women. Let's see, what are both of you?:
1. Men
2. Immature.
Stay away from me you Stans ;)

@Vulze

jesus christ dude, you know i've actually felt a little bad about my comment because I thought that it was maybe too far. Sometimes I get a bit carried away, it happens.

But goddamn, I was dead on! I mean just look at your reaction.
Also who said that I'm a man? Think twice.

Btw, you should stop taking it out on Vulze. Unlike me, he's an actually kind soul :V

"my life at this state could be transposed into a pretty massive biography"

- Cneq, "the guy who was literally using BTC in 2012 to make deals in the first main instance of a digital itemized economy forming naturally in all human history (also the precursor of NFTs) and who had 20k+ total trades.", 23 years old

MAL's most prolific antivaxxer, Noboru.
Nov 14, 2018 10:45 AM
Jul 2018
lorraxne said:
i don't think it's just in america, i reckon it's for most teens in general. we find these topics of politics boring. we don't look that deep into it other than mocking trump. but it's not like you can't have serious and deeper conversations with us. and sex can be joked around, never find anyone talking seriously about that

I think it may be different in Turkey. People there talk about politics a LOT. Now, as for Turkish teenagers, I'm not entirely sure, but I wager they're more comfortable with talking about politics than teens in America.

@Railey2

Why are you still here? Get off already. Go away. Shoo shoo. Go away. Nobody wants you here. If you ain't got nothing nice to say, then go away. Btw, I didn't read your post, I just checked to see who replied.
Nov 14, 2018 10:54 AM

Nov 2016
There are only two possibilities:
1) Your friends are just not very bright.
2) You are not very good at steering the conversation where you want.

I will agree with you on the point that most teenagers express more interest in sex than they do in other topics. But if you already realize that you like other topics more, then the only sensible approach is to try to find people who are on the same wavelength. Speaking from experience, finding explanations for the mediocrity of others is merely cathartic at best, and that, in retrospect, is pathetic; people don't like the same things as you do and you feel rejected. Instead of being secure in your position, you feel like your interests are under attack and so is your personality. I'm not theorizing, I'm speaking from real experience. It can be a source of frustration but you look back on it as one of your most pointless frustrations ever. So, buckle up, look ahead, and find the right company. And never stop learning because there will come a time when you can look upon others in a more favorable light.
Nov 14, 2018 11:15 AM
Jul 2018
Thanakos said:

2) You are not very good at steering the conversation where you want.

That sounds like a really real possibility.

Thanakos said:
the only sensible approach is to try to find people who are on the same wavelength.

Okay, but how do you find other people whom you KNOW are on the same wave length.

Thanakos said:
people don't like the same things as you do and you feel rejected.

Where did I imply that I felt "rejected"?
Nov 14, 2018 11:24 AM

Nov 2016
HopefulNihilist said:

Thanakos said:
the only sensible approach is to try to find people who are on the same wavelength.

Okay, but how do you find other people whom you KNOW are on the same wave length.

Usually, you'll find them among the top scorers in your school or University (more often in the latter).

Where did I imply that I felt "rejected"?

You didn't, but that's what's happening. You wouldn't care in the least if you didn't, at some level, feel rejected. But ignore this point. There are better things to focus on.
Nov 14, 2018 11:47 AM
Aug 2016
That's because Americans are generally stupid and prefer to talk about sex instead of having an intelligent conversation. Thinking is hard, I know.
Not all Americans are like that though, but 90 percent of them are.
Not to mention they think they are the center of everything and they forget that there are other people on this planet too, not just them. That annoys me the most about Americans.
Nov 14, 2018 12:15 PM
Jul 2018
Thanakos said:
Usually, you'll find them among the top scorers in your school or University (more often in the latter).

Okay, that's what I'll do. But how do I approach someone whom I don't know, but really want to talk to? Like, the image seems creepy in my head: looking up someone, then walking up to them, saying, "Hey, I saw that you're one of the top-scoring students in the school, and I wanna talk to you so we can talk about philosophy."
Nov 14, 2018 12:25 PM

Oct 2018
Oh my, I understand how you feel. I can't stand my classmates most of the time. Our conversations consist of sex and video games. I mean, you can only talk about those two topics so many times before they become trite.

Most of my "deep" conversation that I endure, I have to go online for. But, that's not the same. It's not as fulfilling to have a conversation behind a screen as it is face to face.

The reason why "we're" like this, idk. It seems "we" shy down at the sound of actual conversation. Maybe it's because of immaturity, or it's the fact that we're scared to express our views on something because others might disagree, and this would align the "friendship".
izumaNov 14, 2018 1:01 PM

i'm a worm
Nov 14, 2018 12:28 PM

Oct 2018
Kuroko-chan said:
That's because Americans are generally stupid and prefer to talk about sex instead of having an intelligent conversation. Thinking is hard, I know.
about Americans.

Ouch, that one is gonna leave a mark.

i'm a worm
Nov 14, 2018 12:30 PM

Dec 2017
Because being a virgin in 2018 is a shame .

Since we care about making a family or maybe because we love someone or just bcs you want to be cool.

People seems to care about what they want to do or are interested in,just because someone wants to fuck,that doesn't mean is just about that.
Nov 14, 2018 12:42 PM
Jul 2018
Izuma-_ said:
we're scared to express our views on something because others might disagree, and this would align the "friendship".

That's what I still don't understand: why are people afraid to disagree? Aren't we all taught to, "agree to disagree"? When I talk about an anime or a game or an album with a friend, sometimes we disagree on the quality of it, and...that's it. We disagree, but we don't argue. Doesn't the same logic apply if you talk about politics with someone?
removed-userNov 14, 2018 12:47 PM
Nov 14, 2018 12:44 PM

Sep 2018
my facebook feed ushered an insightful quote today:

Railey2 said:

Sometimes I get a bit carried away, it happens

i guess you could say you got
Nov 14, 2018 12:50 PM

Oct 2018
HopefulNihilist said:
Doesn't the same logic apply if you talk about politics with someone?

People are ignorant usually when it comes to politics. They aren't willing to listen to both sides, and what they listen to is objected with bias opinion.

I live in a pretty small town, like, it's redneck. I'm probably the only one in the entire school with leftist views. Whenever I personally try to talk about my views i'm shot down instantly and called a moronic snowflake, but whenever they subject their views onto me, I take it into consideration and if I do disagree, I try to counter with a logical response.

Agreeing to disagree might come easily to topics of leisure, but when it comes to something of importance, it's always endless banter. I mean, we see this time and time again in the media.

i'm a worm
Nov 14, 2018 12:52 PM
Jul 2018
Izuma-_ said:
HopefulNihilist said:
Doesn't the same logic apply if you talk about politics with someone?

People are ignorant usually when it comes to politics. They aren't willing to listen to both sides, and what they listen to is objected with bias opinion.

I live in a pretty small town, like, it's redneck. I'm probably the only one in the entire school with leftist views. Whenever I personally try to talk about my views i'm shot down instantly and called a moronic snowflake, but whenever they subject their views onto me, I take it into consideration and if I do disagree, I try to counter with a logical response.

Agreeing to disagree might come easily to topics of leisure, but when it comes to something of importance, it's always endless banter. I mean, we see this time and time again in the media.

I see now: it's easy to say, "agree to disagree" over something small like, anime, but not something important like politics.
Nov 14, 2018 1:05 PM

Oct 2018
HopefulNihilist said:

I see now: it's easy to say, "agree to disagree" over something small like, anime, but not something important like politics.

Exactly. Also i wouldn't blame yourself for not being able to prompt a conversation, like others have been suggesting. It's honestly the whole age group itself and fear of being rejected.

Teens are disgusting nonetheless, and I can happily say that as a 16 year old lmao.

i'm a worm
Nov 14, 2018 1:29 PM

Mar 2014
Teenagers are complete idiots, news at ten
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Nov 14, 2018 2:17 PM

Sep 2018
You could probably write a thesis on this topic.

The way puritian heritage has influenced our views of sex, the way we are an instant-gratification obsessed culture, the way we have some kind of complex when it comes to sex, the way we are obsessed with "appearing" to embody the standards in society we admire, be they political, sex-driven, religious, or whatnot...

Americans have some distinct psychological patterns.We are a very contradictory culture.

Well I guess every nation has distinct psychological pattern but Ive got more to say about American issues cause I'm American.

A lot of times immigrant men from other countries will often think that all American women are easy. I can't say they're entirely wrong, in comparison to whatever they're used to.
Nov 14, 2018 2:36 PM

Oct 2012
HopefulNihilist said:
@katsucats

In past threads you criticized me for being immature, yet you're not different than a preschool bully obsessed with satisfying his ego. You're just a coward with low self-esteem issues. I'm going to block you too, so I don't ever have to deal with the likes of you.
When you dodge your own thread topic while calling people cowards, lmao
THE CHAT CLUB.
Nov 14, 2018 2:59 PM
Jul 2018
Si-Ran said:
The way puritian heritage has influenced our views of sex, the way we are an instant-gratification obsessed culture, the way we have some kind of complex when it comes to sex, the way we are obsessed with "appearing" to embody the standards in society we admire, be they political, sex-driven, religious, or whatnot...

Americans have some distinct psychological patterns.We are a very contradictory culture.

Yeah, that's what's always confused me about American culture: it demonizes sex (sex in video games and movies are treated worse than violence), yet embraces it at the same time. It's like Puritan culture has constrained the topic of sex so much, that American teens have exploded and now obsess over sex. I'm NOT saying that sex is bad or anything, but it gets tiring as a subject to talk about.

Si-Ran said:
Well I guess every nation has distinct psychological pattern but Ive got more to say about American issues cause I'm American.

That makes sense.

Si-Ran said:

A lot of times immigrant men from other countries will often think that all American women are easy. I can't say they're entirely wrong, in comparison to whatever they're used to.

That's funny, because from my experience, American girls are difficult to socialize with. The American girls I keep seeing always have a sour expression, always on their phone, and seem to act nervous when I start talking to them.

@katsucats

You're still here? I'm flattered by your obsession with me, but it's starting to get creepy. Btw, I didn't read your post, I just checked which of you posted.
Nov 14, 2018 3:44 PM

Jul 2017
I wouldn't limit it just to American teens. Probably teens all around the world talk about it, and it kinda makes sense, teens are very hormonal and curious, so sex being so discussed by them doesn't really surprise. Moreover, I'd say that it has been probably this way since forever.
"Sky, sky of red, red the colour, the colour I hate"
Nov 14, 2018 3:54 PM

Oct 2012
See, @Ardanaz? That's why I said extremely immature. I don't know if you want to warn him for derailing his own thread and talking shit to multiple users in this thread. If you want to be an impartial mod, I suggest you do something. :)
THE CHAT CLUB.
Nov 14, 2018 4:03 PM
Jul 2018
Kustodian said:
I wouldn't limit it just to American teens. Probably teens all around the world talk about it, and it kinda makes sense, teens are very hormonal and curious, so sex being so discussed by them doesn't really surprise. Moreover, I'd say that it has been probably this way since forever.

I agree, but at the same time I disagree: I think the level of variation on how much teens talk about sex varies from culture to culture. I don't think, for example, teens in Turkey are as obsessed with sex as teens in America.

@katsucats

Dude seriously...why are you so obsessed with me? Did I kill your puppy or something?
Nov 14, 2018 4:06 PM

Oct 2012
HopefulNihilist said:
@katsucats

Dude seriously...why are you so obsessed with me? Did I kill your puppy or something?
Quoted for posterity. For a college student, you act like you're 13. This isn't even bullying, the truth is in the pudding.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Nov 14, 2018 4:21 PM

Aug 2009
'Cause teenagers in general. I can't say that I was too concerned about George W Bush between 2000 and 2007 due to raging hormones.

Nov 14, 2018 4:32 PM

Oct 2012
Since it won't let me respond on your wall for some reason, I'd appreciate if you stop spamming my wall about your personal feelings. I'm not responsible for anything that you feel. I've reported your continued harassment to the moderators.
THE CHAT CLUB.
Nov 14, 2018 7:53 PM
Sep 2014
>Implying sex isn't an intellectual discussion.

read Civilization and Its Discontents pls
Nov 14, 2018 8:11 PM

Mar 2008
Because sex is easy to understand at a basic level but psychology, philosophy, race (wouldn't it make more sense to say religion?), and politics are more complex. Doesn't have anything to do with age as much as it does with lack of understanding. They don't really teach most of those subjects in school.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Dracula, Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde or Frankenstein(books)?

Absurdo_N - Yesterday

9 by LoveYourEyes »»
49 seconds ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - 3 hours ago

6 by Maou_heika »»
17 minutes ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - Apr 19

23 by DesuMaiden »»
52 minutes ago

» What do yall collect? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bevarnow - Jan 25

312 by DesuMaiden »»
52 minutes ago

Poll: » thoughts on social experiments?

deg - Yesterday

9 by DesuMaiden »»
54 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.