Forum Settings
Forums

The 'Help Identifying This Anime/Character' Thread (v9)

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (199) « First ... « 178 179 [180] 181 182 » ... Last »
Sep 11, 2020 7:01 AM
Feb 2019
Think you're talking about My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU
Sep 11, 2020 7:43 AM

Mar 2017
Posts #9027-9030 have been merged into the thread.

Sep 11, 2020 9:44 AM

Jan 2020
gilder1985 said:
So, to start things off, I have an anime that's been stuck in my head for a couple weeks now, and despite going through my lists, I can't seem to remember what series it is...the only things I remember distinctly are:
1) MC guy is hit by a car at some point
2) has something to do with a dog - I believe this dog gets loose at some point, in a mall like area, and finds him...maybe he rescued it when he was hit by car? can't remember
3) a girl owns said dog
4) another (?) girl starts to get close to MC, later he sees something/some marking on her ritzy rich person car - something that indicates she had something to do with him being hit by car
5) She nonchalantly indicates it was her (?)

Anyhow, I can't for the life of me remember what this series is, so if anyone has any ideas, please help!

Also, feel free to add your own posts with anime you can't remember the title of, and clues that may help finding it!

Definitely Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.
Sep 11, 2020 12:16 PM
Jul 2018

2. Sayonara Watashi no Cramer
Sep 11, 2020 12:35 PM

Jan 2017

#1 - Saretagawa no Blue (Manhwa)
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Sep 12, 2020 12:56 AM
May 2014
Thanks folks! Makes life a lot easier!
Sep 12, 2020 2:59 AM
Jul 2018

There was a 90s TV series similar to Rockman. Exe and Corrector Yui in virtual worlds, difference is it mixed live action and animation.

Live action segments show an elementary school girl and boy and when the girl transfers to virtual world she becomes an animated character and gets a Pikachu like pet companion.

is yet to be fansubbed but I remember that is is regarded as a good series.

If you watched Eto Ranger, fansubbers make a reference to that series. Don't have episode with me unfortunately. Did catch a glimpse but it did not interest me back then, now I want to give it another chance

Sep 12, 2020 6:26 AM

Jan 2020

who this
Sep 12, 2020 6:38 AM

Mar 2018
Sep 12, 2020 12:25 PM
Dec 2019
I'm searching for this hentai. If I recall correctly, she's unable to cum, then her onee-chan arrives to "help" her. Something like that... Thanks in advance!

Sep 12, 2020 12:48 PM

Jul 2014
@alice_stairs
If I remember correctly, it's this one: Nageki no Kenkou Yuuryouji
Sep 12, 2020 1:23 PM

Jan 2017

#1 - Scathach from Fate/Grand Order (Game)
#2 - Chino Kafuu
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Sep 12, 2020 5:46 PM
Nov 2016
Another Longshot.

Two Main characters are Male. Dad (Blonde, Early 20's looking, Suited, Cool who has stopped himself from aging or reversed time so he is younger) and Son (Black hair, Glasses, Suited, Cool) near a clock tower. Random Female shows up at wrong time, portal with a demon? opens and two male characters save her and defeat it.

Dad has a watch that can stop time but can only be used sparingly
Sep 12, 2020 9:00 PM

Nov 2013
Paxlow said:
Another Longshot.

Two Main characters are Male. Dad (Blonde, Early 20's looking, Suited, Cool who has stopped himself from aging or reversed time so he is younger) and Son (Black hair, Glasses, Suited, Cool) near a clock tower. Random Female shows up at wrong time, portal with a demon? opens and two male characters save her and defeat it.

Dad has a watch that can stop time but can only be used sparingly

That's Chronos Ruler.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Sep 13, 2020 9:12 AM

Jun 2016
Who is he? https://imgur.com/a/VxXwjGi
Naitou-kun is the best boy!
Sep 13, 2020 10:57 AM

Jun 2012
Shoot first, think never.
Sep 13, 2020 12:08 PM
Sep 13, 2020 12:25 PM

Jan 2008
I know I saw this opening for an anime but I can't remember what it was called but the OP interested me.

It had quite recent anime style and showed various characters in it plus it had like animal versions of them.

My brain for some reason said Tamako Market but it's definitely not. Though I am very sure there was a word like Tamako in the title.

Edit: It's definitely not Fruits basket and it had a slice of life vibe to the op
UberBatSep 13, 2020 12:33 PM
Sep 13, 2020 12:44 PM

Jan 2017
UberBat said:
I know I saw this opening for an anime but I can't remember what it was called but the OP interested me.

It had quite recent anime style and showed various characters in it plus it had like animal versions of them.

My brain for some reason said Tamako Market but it's definitely not. Though I am very sure there was a word like Tamako in the title.

Edit: It's definitely not Fruits basket and it had a slice of life vibe to the op

This might be a reach but https://myanimelist.net/anime/39942/Uchi_Tama_Uchi_no_Tama_Shirimasen_ka ?
Sep 13, 2020 1:02 PM
Community Mod
+ Manga DB Staff

Feb 2017

1. Koi Saku Miyako ni Ai no Yakusoku o ~Annaffiare~

Marion Blythe from Helios Rising Heroes
PhloupSep 13, 2020 1:10 PM
Sep 13, 2020 1:15 PM

Jan 2008
sorajomi said:
UberBat said:

This might be a reach but https://myanimelist.net/anime/39942/Uchi_Tama_Uchi_no_Tama_Shirimasen_ka ?

Yes I think that's it. It's the Tama that got me thinking Tamako

Ty
Sep 13, 2020 2:49 PM
Sep 13, 2020 2:50 PM
Oct 2018
JPST said:
Hi all I'm in search of an old anime I saw a few years back, I dont have much to go with but the beginning of episode 1 starts with a woman needing to go to the bathroom in her school accommodation and she gets attacked by a ghost or demon in the bathrooms. The main character is a human who has a twin brother that has turned into a flame due to a demon or curse and they perform exorcism together and I think I believe the language was chinese not japanese. It's not blue flame exorcist or twin star exorcist if anyone recognises this please help

i have found the anime thank you for your help everyone it was called Shuangsheng Lingtan (twin spirit detectives) https://myanimelist.net/anime/33969/Shuangsheng_Lingtan
Sep 13, 2020 6:56 PM

Jul 2014
I have this vague memory that I would like help with. I believe this was just one episode of the show, but the protagonist(male) was fighting against a female(? maybe) at a shrine on top of a hill. But then a meteor hit, and (I assume) the protagonist survived. I'm not sure how, or whether the meteor wasn't physical(maybe a dream?). Also, if I remember correctly, the meteor was predicted by the female, not caused by her ( I could be wrong though, and someone did in fact call down the meteor). I thought I completed this show, but skimming my list didn't help me remember. Thanks in advance! :]
Sep 13, 2020 10:14 PM
Sep 13, 2020 11:14 PM

Jun 2020
Andromeda said:

Chitose Shinozaki from a Japanese mobile RPG game Laplace Link.

How about your avatar? I'm a bit interested with it.

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."
ー キノの旅 ー
Sep 13, 2020 11:49 PM

Jan 2020
MochizukiTomoya said:
Andromeda said:

Chitose Shinozaki from a Japanese mobile RPG game Laplace Link.

Looks like Mizore Yoroizuka from Hibike! Euphonium to me. I can be wrong, though.
Sep 14, 2020 12:02 AM

Apr 2020
Can anyone help me to identify an anime whose clip i saw in compilation on youtube in which "he boys group was running\jogging and the chaaraxter saw a big breasted girl at their sweeming sessions then the girl calls him hentai\ecchi and eveybody in his group calls him that and then when the girls were runnin and she saw towards him at the swimming pool he calls her echhi and everybody in her group calls that".
"
Sep 14, 2020 12:05 AM

Jun 2020
Tristar_Shinobi said:
Can anyone help me to identify an anime whose clip i saw in compilation on youtube in which "he boys group was running\jogging and the chaaraxter saw a big breasted girl at their sweeming sessions then the girl calls him hentai\ecchi and eveybody in his group calls him that and then when the girls were runnin and she saw towards him at the swimming pool he calls her echhi and everybody in her group calls that".
"

If you find it from compilation, I think it's better to attach the screenshot, so it'll be much more easier to identify

ー キノの旅 ー
Sep 14, 2020 12:07 AM

Apr 2020
MochizukiTomoya said:
Tristar_Shinobi said:
"

If you find it from compilation, I think it's better to attach the screenshot, so it'll be much more easier to identify

i saw it a ayear ago so i really don't know in which one i saw it.
Sep 14, 2020 1:30 AM
Jul 2018
Tristar_Shinobi said:
MochizukiTomoya said:

komori - san wo kotowarenai !
https://myanimelist.net/anime/31091/Komori-san_wa_Kotowarenai
Sep 14, 2020 1:31 AM

Mar 2018
Kahyo said:
I have this vague memory that I would like help with. I believe this was just one episode of the show, but the protagonist(male) was fighting against a female(? maybe) at a shrine on top of a hill. But then a meteor hit, and (I assume) the protagonist survived. I'm not sure how, or whether the meteor wasn't physical(maybe a dream?). Also, if I remember correctly, the meteor was predicted by the female, not caused by her ( I could be wrong though, and someone did in fact call down the meteor). I thought I completed this show, but skimming my list didn't help me remember. Thanks in advance! :]
I'm not 100% sure since it's been ages I watched the show but it might be this one: https://myanimelist.net/anime/9379/Denpa_Onna_to_Seishun_Otoko

I think the scene you said is in late episodes, or maybe even the last one. Tell me whether I'm right or not after you checked.

Sep 14, 2020 1:43 AM

Apr 2020
Dragonland04 said:
Tristar_Shinobi said:

komori - san wo kotowarenai !
https://myanimelist.net/anime/31091/Komori-san_wa_Kotowarenai
THANKS
Sep 14, 2020 2:14 AM

Apr 2020
There is no particular reason why I’m looking for it, I just watched this anime a long time ago and remembered it because it was pretty tragic.
I’m not even sure if I’m posting it in the right thread...

The anime was short ( I think it was 12 or 24 episodes)
As long as I remember the story was like this, The main character was the daughter of a scientist (or a mage or something) and the scientist modified her and then abandoned her. I remember she had a heart on her heart, if that makes sense, there was a blue heart thing on her chest, and she couldn’t touch anything, when she touched people or things they would melt so she had special clothes on so they wouldn’t melt. And apparently the heart ( the blue thing ) on her chest was a big deal because later she gets kidnapped because of it. But the kidnappers happen to be really kind to her... I remember the girl and one of the kidnappers becoming lovers at the end. And I remember that the reason she got kidnapped is because her creator was planning on doing some stuff ( I don’t really remember but I think they wanted to destroy the world) and she had a brother created by the same scientist... the genre was supernatural and romance and etc. but I recall the girl suffered a lot.

I don’t remember much... But if you watched it please tell me the title I just really want to rewatch it.
Sep 14, 2020 3:02 AM

Jul 2009
IrrelevantGuy said:
MochizukiTomoya said:

Looks like Mizore Yoroizuka from Hibike! Euphonium to me. I can be wrong, though.

Yep, it's from Hibike! Euphonium. The character is Akiko Yoshizawa though.
Sep 14, 2020 3:15 AM

Jun 2020
Andromeda said:
IrrelevantGuy said:

Yep, it's from Hibike! Euphonium. The character is Akiko Yoshizawa though.

Thanks, I really didn't realize iit was her.

ー キノの旅 ー
Sep 14, 2020 3:53 AM
Sep 14, 2020 4:26 AM

Jun 2020
IrrelevantGuy said:

Is she Inori Yuzuriha?

Yes, main chacacter of Guilty Crown

ー キノの旅 ー
Sep 14, 2020 6:56 AM

Aug 2018
I really need to know who these girls are cosplaying. I already posted this photo here a while ago but no-one helped me:

Sep 14, 2020 7:18 AM

Mar 2015
fowl1 said:
There is no particular reason why I’m looking for it, I just watched this anime a long time ago and remembered it because it was pretty tragic.

As long as I remember the story was like this, The main character was the daughter of a scientist (or a mage or something) and the scientist modified her and then abandoned her. I remember she had a heart on her heart, if that makes sense, there was a blue heart thing on her chest, and she couldn’t touch anything, when she touched people or things they would melt so she had special clothes on so they wouldn’t melt. And apparently the heart ( the blue thing ) on her chest was a big deal because later she gets kidnapped because of it. But the kidnappers happen to be really kind to her... I remember the girl and one of the kidnappers becoming lovers at the end. And I remember that the reason she got kidnapped is because her creator was planning on doing some stuff ( I don’t really remember but I think they wanted to destroy the world) and she had a brother created by the same scientist... the genre was supernatural and romance and etc. but I recall the girl suffered a lot.

I don’t remember much... But if you watched it please tell me the title I just really want to rewatch it.

is it CodeRealise - Sousei no Himegimi
https://myanimelist.net/anime/31456/Code_Realize_-_Sousei_no_Himegimi
Sep 14, 2020 8:47 AM

Jul 2014
Renkini said:
Kahyo said:
I'm not 100% sure since it's been ages I watched the show but it might be this one: https://myanimelist.net/anime/9379/Denpa_Onna_to_Seishun_Otoko

I think the scene you said is in late episodes, or maybe even the last one. Tell me whether I'm right or not after you checked.

Thanks! I'm surprised I couldn't remember as I watched it like last year(and enjoyed it too). But it's in the 13th OVA episode.
Sep 14, 2020 9:33 AM

Apr 2020
zucchinichop said:
fowl1 said:

is it CodeRealise - Sousei no Himegimi
https://myanimelist.net/anime/31456/Code_Realize_-_Sousei_no_Himegimi

thanks I won’t forget it again =D
Sep 14, 2020 4:29 PM

Jan 2017
KawaiiTendou said:
KawaiiTendou said:
I watched this at least 10-15 years ago. The thing is, I vaguely remember the artstyle looking like that of an anime, but I could be wrong. I think it was a mecha show but even that is vague. The show features the main character being introduced to some game/competition. He'd get into some VR machine and compete in a mecha/robot/some giant avatar against another opponent's mecha in a randomly generated environment. I think the most common stage is a city/downtown; lots of tall buildings and just two giant robots/mechas fighting till one wins.

Here's something I vividly remember though. Later in the plot, in order to get more OP, he needed to defeat some really powerful dragon or just steal some kind of item from the dragon. So he and his rival went to where the dragon lived, deep in the mountains (looked like a snowy environment), and the two teamed up against it. When they won, that powerup gets attached to one of his mecha's arms (prob the left arm) as like a secret weapon. At the end of the series, I think he was trying to fight against a super powerful enemy or saving the world. After beating the enemy, his mecha/robot suffered way too much damage beyond repair that he separates from it for good. The show ends with him continuing to play in that competition, but in a new mecha (so he lost that trump card he got from beating the dragon too).

bump

hello. I posted this almost 3 weeks ago and never got an answer for it. I just wanted to report that I finally found the anime. Turns out it wasn't about mechas and it was about dragons. Though, they might as well be mechas. For anyone who was following this or interested in knowing, the show was called Dragon Drive.
Sep 14, 2020 6:07 PM

Dec 2007
[quote=Saori_Shun message=60711609]I really need to know who these girls are cosplaying. I already posted this photo here a while ago but no-one helped me:

[/quot
Saori_Shun said:
I really need to know who these girls are cosplaying. I already posted this photo here a while ago but no-one helped me:

Hi Shun, I don't think they're cosplaying any character in particular, they seem to be some mascot characters for a 2005 expo. According to my search, this appears all in all in 2 articles (1 about a game called Dead or alive by the guardian, to which the photo looks unrelated to, and 1 more (in Russian) which is an introduction to anime, and photo is again unrelated to contents). It's on photographer Andy Rain's images on EPA website, but has no info other than the expo year and res. The photo seems to be taken from the EPA website originally.

Also, on closer inspection, the girl on the left's hat states expo and a year, they might be staff or mascots.
Sep 14, 2020 6:33 PM
Sep 2020
So from the scene that I can remember, I think the MC is going through her love interest's room. I think the rival love interest sees this and for some reason starts chasing after her in a comedic demonic/ghost-like fashion.
Sep 14, 2020 6:38 PM
Aug 2020
TheLawOfOblique said:
So from the scene that I can remember, I think the MC is going through her love interest's room. I think the rival love interest sees this and for some reason starts chasing after her in a comedic demonic/ghost-like fashion.

Can't help you but give you an answer for your visibility. Hope someone will find it!
Sep 14, 2020 6:47 PM
Sep 2020
Thanks for the help in any capacity, it's been irking me for a minute.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (199) « First ... « 178 179 [180] 181 182 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » has the majority of people (here) seen the big 3 ? ( 1 2 3 )

ame - Yesterday

125 by Marloges »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » From what side of the neck do you enjoy being bitten by your vampire master?

Catalano - 8 hours ago

9 by traed »»
13 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you tend to watch newer seasonal shows, or older shows?

Akuya - 2 hours ago

10 by iThink »»
13 minutes ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

89 by MyFriendIbis »»
17 minutes ago

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Anime Watching Challenge - Sign-Up (Open Until December 10th) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

971 by wedsa5 »»
19 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.