Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Nov 13, 2018 1:44 PM

Not really. The beggining was just ok in terms of storytelling and there was too many jokes. Things just start to get really great after Hughes death. But I guess it only made me think that it could be one of the best anime of all time on the last arc. Until then it was a great experience, but nothing extremely out of this world. But I will say that it is on my top 5 (maybe on my top 3)

Nov 13, 2018 2:09 PM

No.

That honor goes to Hunter X Hunter (2011).

Nov 13, 2018 2:49 PM
D. Gray-Man is better
Dlwuik said:
There’s no such thing as the best anime. Also Allen Walker is hotter.

I strongly agree!

Nov 13, 2018 2:52 PM

Nope.

Like most of the Anime in MAL's Top 100, it's heavily overrated.

Nov 13, 2018 2:53 PM

objectivity in anime is a lie.

there is only subjectivity.

through this subjectivity i gain strength

through strength i gain power.

through power i gain victory

through victory my chains are broken.

anime shall set me free.
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others."

Nov 13, 2018 3:01 PM

DepravedMagi said:
D. Gray-Man is better
Dlwuik said:
There’s no such thing as the best anime. Also Allen Walker is hotter.

I strongly agree!

Please stop editing my posts it makes me upset :(
Edward Elric > your waifu

Nov 13, 2018 3:07 PM
Hunter x Hunter is greatest of all time .fight me

Nov 13, 2018 4:06 PM

No, it has flaws to it. it's not even close to being the Best animation product writing wise that japan ever produced since the dawn of existence

Nov 13, 2018 4:16 PM

Well it all depends on personal tastes , It's not even in my Top 50 but I'm fine with it being #1 . I'd say it's good enough to not make complain about it being #1 . I can understand why people regards it so highly , so although I personally don't agree I do respect it .

Nov 13, 2018 4:25 PM

it's a rather amusing joke how this will get from an Objective Analysis of Full metal alchemist writing to a Subjective and Personal satisfaction/rating to a show but, that's humanity.
Modified by Phantomnocomics, Nov 13, 2018 4:54 PM

Nov 13, 2018 4:30 PM

Being the highest rated doesn't make it everyone's favorite anime. That just means that the various elements within the show were all top notch in their presentation. In other words, it being the highest rated is from an objective viewpoint, not a subjective one. So, no. I don't agree that FMAB is the best anime ever.

Nov 13, 2018 4:30 PM

Its one of those nicest or 'best series' out there, but not the 'best series ever'. But its a subjective matter after all.

i take this magnetic force of a man to be my lover
my heart's been borrowed and yours has been blue
all's well that ends well to end up with you ✕ swear to
be over-dramatic and true to my lover

Nov 13, 2018 4:37 PM

hell no, FMAB is horrible overrated, its mediocre at best. Its just another shounen with all the shounen problems. The only thing going for it is its not 500 episodes long. Though the beginning is already reliyng on the original FMA, its way too rushed and never gets good.

It kinda blews my mind that its still on number 1 here, but its not like I expect decent taste from MAL or anything b-baka!

I blame all the american teenagers who watched this 10 years ago and dont even know what anime is.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.

Nov 13, 2018 4:40 PM

I've never really understood why it's rating is so high and other shows with ratings that are like 8.3(which is still really good) for what seems like minuscule reasons as to why some raters didn't give said 'shows' a 9 or a 10

that being said its a good/decent show but I dont think its the best by a long shot but one of the most complete shounens that doesn't have 300+ plus episodes

Nov 13, 2018 4:46 PM

changelog said:
Hell no. It is not the best anime ever. The reason for it being #1 is because of its sheer popularity. Otherwise, it would not have the publicity to receive such high ratings. It's kind of like Twilight—the show is actual garbage but was once immensely popular because the people who watched it turned a blind eye to its flaws, and we are all guilty of this to a certain extent.

I don't know man, if it's number 1 because of it's popularity, shouldn't SAO, AoT, Dragon Ball, and the like have scores as high, if not higher, then Brotherhood? I do agree popularity has something to do with it being that high, but it's also that because it was a really good show. The story, tho it did have some hiccups along the way (especially towards the end), was overall really good along with the characters, animation, soundtrack/song choices, and voice acting, both dubbed and subbed. All I'm saying is an anime can't make it that high without doing something right. It's not my all time favorite, but it was one of the best shonens I've seen. Everyone has their opinions though.

Do-do-donuts, let’s go nuts!

Nov 13, 2018 5:35 PM

Thinking the show is less than great is perfectly fine. But I won't buy any talk of it being "just an average shounen." There clearly is a whole lot more on offer than being a shounen.
>>Petition for a legal reform for the law regarding sexual violence in Japan<<

http://chng.it/tXTbL2yJgG

Nov 13, 2018 5:47 PM

There isn't a best anime ever in the same vein that isn't a best movie ever, a best video game ever or a best book ever, it all comes to what one person likes.

Nov 13, 2018 5:50 PM
No lol

also why the hell does everyone say this is the perfect blend of action and comedy the short jokes really wore out there welcome (Not that they were ever funny to begin with)

Nov 13, 2018 5:56 PM
One of the best anime's (IMO), Its all subjective though you got people who thinks its the best ever, some think that it's overrated or bad, some that think its good but not great. It's all subjective opinion.

Nov 13, 2018 6:10 PM

May the higher being witness for I have predicted this atrocity

But no, there isn't anything as a Perfect Show, even if there were to be a perfect show hypothetically in the moment, it will be outdated in another

Imagine telling future kids to watch 2 dimensional story in a 2 dimensional display, insane!.

Long story short, there must be a flaw there or there, so all shows are either from barely flawed, flawed, so flawed, brokenly flawed as a bonus, the last one is a joke.

Full metal alchemist writing wise would be in-between barely flawed and flawed because the ending, the broken science, filler, generic and cheap voice acting for some characters and ed height joke that spawns every 5 moments.

Nov 13, 2018 6:41 PM

husbandolevi76 said:
well since its ranked number one I thought it would blew off my mind but tbh it didn't meet my expectation
No, I don't agree that fullmetal alchemist brotherhood is the best anime ever.
Don't bother if you don't know how special effects were done without computers.

Nov 13, 2018 6:50 PM

husbandolevi76 said:
well since its ranked number one I thought it would blew off my mind but tbh it didn't meet my expectation

It's all subjective but in my (limited) opinion I'd say yes.

Hello! If you want to talk about anything anime-related with me feel free to drop a comment on my page and add me as a friend! I'm always happy to have a conversation. My list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Amazinc?status=7.

Nov 13, 2018 6:51 PM

I'm not gonna say it's literally "the best" as that's a pretty bold statement, but it'll probably always be my personal favorite. That could be for a number of reasons though, such as when I watched it or how it made me feel at that time.

Nov 13, 2018 6:53 PM

I haven't finished watching it, so as of right now, no.

Nov 13, 2018 6:58 PM

i must be the weird ones, hated brotherhood.

Nov 13, 2018 7:03 PM

To call it the best ever I'd have to watch literally every other anime first.

The original FMA was the very first anime I ever completed so that and Brotherhood are pretty special to me, but I wouldn't call either the best I've seen.

Nov 13, 2018 7:05 PM

it's good but not the best one ever for me ...

Nov 13, 2018 7:10 PM

I've seen a lot of anime in my lifetime and hell, FMA: Brotherhood is one of my favorites. But do I think it's the best anime ever? No. It has its flaws just like any other anime.

Nov 13, 2018 7:11 PM

It is in my favorites so yes I do think it is one of the best anime ever made.

Nov 13, 2018 7:29 PM

It's a good fucking anime and watchable for even non anime fans

but no

Nov 13, 2018 11:28 PM
Swagernator said:
Striker-3649 said:
MAJORITY OF PEOPLE ON MAL AS WELL AS IMDB GAVE IT A 10 AND THATS WHY IT IS ON TOP SO NO MATTER HOW MANY PEOPLE THINK IT IS NOT #1 IT DOESNT MATTER BECAUSE THEY ARE IN MINORITY AND THAT BOOST ACCOUNT BULLSHIT IS APPLICABLE TO EACH AND EVERY ANIME OUT THERE AO ITS OUT OF QUESTION, THERE ARE BETTER ANIMES OUT THERE? SO WHY ARE THOSE SHITTY ANIMES NOT #1? HERE ON INTERNET MAJORITY RULES AND YOUR OPINION DOESNT MATTER IF YOU ARE A FMAB HATER, YOU HAVE SHIT TASTE!

So youre saying that if people dont like FMAB they have shit taste ?
if 9/10 people like a thing and 1 doesnt then automatically that 1 person, the odd one is considered to have shit taste no matter if its taste is superior to the other 9. Take yosuga no sora for example, people who like it are not seen as better taste holders but they are the ones who truly understand what the anime is. So i am juat saying fmab haters are the odd ones thus "shit taste"

Nov 14, 2018 3:04 AM
There is no best anime (obviously) but I'm perfectly content with it occupying the first place, it is a fine anime and I would rather it keep the first spot forever lest something shit should take its place.
"When you die, everybody knows you are dead, except you. It's the same when you have shit taste."

Nov 14, 2018 3:15 AM

Striker-3649 said:
MAJORITY OF PEOPLE ON MAL AS WELL AS IMDB GAVE IT A 10 AND THATS WHY IT IS ON TO SO NO MATTER HOW MANY PEOPLE THINK IT IS NOT #1 IT DOEmSNT MATTER BECAUSE THEY ARE IN MINORITY AND THAT BOOST ACCOUNT BULLSHIT IS APPLICABLE TO EACH AND EVERY ANIME OUT THERE AO ITS OUT OF QUESTION, THERE ARE BETTER ANIMES OUT THERE? SO WHY ARE THOSE SHITTY ANIMES NOT #1? HERE ON INTERNET MAJORITY RULES AND YOUR OPINION DOESNT MATTER IF YOU ARE A FMAB HATER, YOU HAVE SHIT TASTE!

I never said I hate it you freak btw I have a very good taste

Nov 14, 2018 3:25 AM

no, there is no “best anime”. it’s completely up on the person what he or she finds the best.

Nov 14, 2018 5:47 AM

best shonen maybe, idk about best anime tho

Nov 14, 2018 5:49 AM

changelog said:
Hell no. It is not the best anime ever. The reason for it being #1 is because of its sheer popularity. Otherwise, it would not have the publicity to receive such high ratings. It's kind of like Twilight—the show is actual garbage but was once immensely popular because the people who watched it turned a blind eye to its flaws, and we are all guilty of this to a certain extent.

but nobody thinks that Twilight is good, at most like 500 fangirls. While millions of people love FMAB.

Nov 14, 2018 5:53 AM

No, I don't agree. Though I can see why it's so high-rated, it was only a 6/10 for me.

Nov 15, 2018 3:32 PM

changelog said:
Hell no. It is not the best anime ever. The reason for it being #1 is because of its sheer popularity.

Do you even know how the rating system works

Nov 15, 2018 5:04 PM

I mean it is a pretty good anime to me, I liked it, but I didn’t think it’s the best. I honestly thought the 2003 Fullmetal Alchemist was better...

Nov 15, 2018 7:03 PM

Taste is subjective. Nothing can be objectively called the greatest anime.
Hi, it's been a really long time since I've been on here. You might remember me as Artoria/Mordred Pendragon or 2HandsRevy (Yes, I was too lazy to change my signature)

Nov 15, 2018 7:37 PM

not even close

maybe if you took edward out of it . He was the worst part of the anime
lots of music -

click for mmo history, minus the drama -

Nov 15, 2018 10:42 PM
Okay, I think Steins;Gate is way better........Fmab is #8 on my list and S;G is #1. For me there are 8 shows better than Fmab. This is my opinion though....but I think most people will agree with me on Steins;Gate. s;g takes time to start, but when it does, it really DOES!!!! fmab is instantly knocked out....

Nov 15, 2018 11:32 PM

It's a great well rounded show but it's pacing is way too slow for me to even consider it as a contender for the best anime ever. It's probably in my top ten though.

Nov 16, 2018 1:43 AM

No. It belongs in the top ten, but it's far from the greatest anime ever made.

Nov 16, 2018 4:34 AM

it's one of the best but not the best

Nov 16, 2018 6:10 AM
なのだ

IMO reason for its place in ranking isn't because it's that good, but because everyone likes it at least a bit. Being universally good saves it from low scores that more niche anime get naturally.

Nov 16, 2018 8:09 AM

Short answer: yes
Long answer: hell fucking yes
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me.

Nov 16, 2018 9:04 AM

It's close enough to be the best anime ever and it is still better than a lot of the monotonous anime of its demographic. Shounen is garbage, but Fullmetal Alchemist is generally beyond that.

Nov 16, 2018 9:47 AM

ProfessionalNEET said:
"Best anime ever" is purely subjective so that judgement is up to you.

i'm highly agree with this
my tags are the best

Nov 16, 2018 10:50 AM

okayiguess said:
Short answer: yes
Long answer: hell fucking yes

no

if you think FMAB has the BEST writing that ever come out of Japan, then your clearly seen nothing yet out of the endless

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »