Forum Settings
Forums

Teenager/Adult raped -> internet-wide outrage; Child brutally murdered -> brushed off after a bit of shock?

New
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Nov 16, 2018 2:51 PM

Mar 2018
Cabron said:
Phantomnocomics said:
may the highter being witness for I have found the most broken comment yet

but fear not for i have a heart to ask whether you misunderstood dex initial meaning behind cell image?

Konosuba is suppose to be a Comedy, they are Making comedies out of everything, awkward relationships, sleep overs, boy and girls being alone, age gaps, sexual disorders, death, and murders

while goblin slayer is NOT a comedy, it's Suppose to be a Dark fantasty, a Dark Fantasty that fan-serviced a ra*e scene and redesigned the characters filler-ly to look more sexually appealing because horny jap kids equal monies, now, have you ever heard of false equivalent before because damn, speak about an Oxymoronic irony

and before anyone else post something similar, consider that i will be here to analysis your post fully and mention same points that were said in page 2 a one hundred year ago as a punishment for your revival casting
At least quote or @ the person your replying to.

i had this discussion with my inner demons but i didn't want to take the risk of reviving it, but since you took the honor of doing so, i guess there is no point anymore, so i might just to
Nov 16, 2018 2:56 PM

Oct 2010
Phantomnocomics said:
incisorr said:
i've been alive and sentient before 2010 (you need to be like 16+ at least to be sentient and you're not very intelligent until like 24-+) and also past 2010

i can tell you one thing, this planet started going insane after 2010. I don't know what happened but it feels like 99% of the people nowadays are incredibly unintelligent hypocrites that make no sense and contradict each other all the time and just find different stuff to outrage about (while ignoring much worse things, basically what this thread is talking about) and finding reasonable people and friends and stuff is next to impossible nowadays

tfw in konosuba Kazuma gets decapitated and tehy talk about it but in goblin slayer some random nameless girl gets raped (off screen) and everyone is going crazy. LLmao btw nice planet

but fear not for i have a heart to ask whether you misunderstood dex initial meaning behind cell image?

Konosuba is suppose to be a Comedy, they are Making comedies out of everything, awkward relationships, sleep overs, boy and girls being alone, age gaps, sexual disorders, death, and murders

while goblin slayer is NOT a comedy, it's Suppose to be a Dark fantasty, a Dark Fantasty that fan-serviced a ra*e scene and redesigned the characters filler-ly to look more sexually appealing because horny jap kids equal monies, now, have you ever heard of false equivalent before because damn, speak about an Oxymoronic irony

and before anyone else post something similar, consider that i will be here to analysis your post fully and mention same points that were said in page 2 a one hundred year ago as a punishment for your revival casting

so if a murderer kills people and says its supposed to be a comedy it's okay?

most hilarious argument i've ever heard in my life

"i meant this school shooting as a joke"

i mean, didn't one of the school shooters even stop to check the social media according to some news like recently

very high iq all around
lots of music -
Nov 16, 2018 3:22 PM

Mar 2018
incisorr said:
Phantomnocomics said:

so if a murderer kills people and says its supposed to be a comedy it's okay?

most hilarious argument i've ever heard in my life

"i meant this school shooting as a joke"

i mean, didn't one of the school shooters even stop to check the social media according to some news like recently

very high iq all around

since there is no context for the murder, then why not?, sure.

as firstly said, indeed, my IQ is infinite.
Nov 16, 2018 3:35 PM

Mar 2018
Energetic-Nova said:
CatSoul said:
Murder is more acceptable to depict then rape in every medium. Grandmothers will sit down and watch Murder, She Wrote or even something fairly grisly like Criminal Minds, but a rape scene? Hell no. Think of the children.

Catsoul, you are a perfect person. I love you.

you are every-thing with this wrong community, what is your secret?
Nov 16, 2018 7:36 PM

Jun 2011
Phantomnocomics said:
Energetic-Nova said:

Catsoul, you are a perfect person. I love you.

you are every-thing with this wrong community, what is your secret?

Being an anime fan since the year 2000. Early 00's fans were pretty nuts.
The anime community in a nutshell.
Nov 17, 2018 4:32 AM
Sep 2016
Energetic-Nova said:
Grey-Zone said:
EDIT: Please note that this is NOT a thread about Goblin Slayer, but it does touch upon the controversy a bit, please don't derail this thread with off-topic talks about Goblin Slayer itself. This thread is about why the internet collective gets outraged about certain things and what they get outraged about!

---
original OP:

So what's going on here?

Episode 1 of Goblin Slayer created a grand controversy because of a (not explicitly shown) rape scene of a teenager/woman adventurer (we don't know the exact age) by a group of Goblins.

On the other hand Episode 7 of Tensei Shitara Slime Datta Ken showed a scene where a girl was possessed by a Flame Spirit and murdered a Fox monster alongside a girl (about five years old, i.e. a CHILD) that's holding it. On-screen that is. You could literally see them get roasted and being pulverized on-screen.

So how shall I take it? The "outrage police" that are usually the ones who spread this stuff like a wildfire and are the ones who usually turn it into a controversy seem to be oddly silent about this.

Don't get me wrong, if I could choose, I'd prefer if NONE of the outrage would exist as we are just talking about drawn and animated fiction (and in the case of Goblin Slayer partially computer generated as well). Or rather we are talking about fiction in general. It's not real.

My Personal opinion: This inconsistency doesn't seem like it's sending a good message. Is this supposed to mean that compared to rape of a teenager/young adult, the murder of a child is supposedly trivial? The "outrage police" seriously should check their own morals first if they want to "teach" others about morality. I mean no one cared about the Goblin children getting killed, but they are a innately parasitic race after all, so that wasn't really much of an indication. But THIS is.

It isn't inconsistently. They stopped watching. They saw what kind of anime this was, and dropped it. Also, the people who pretty much verbally abused them for their opinions didn't really improve the chances of those people continuing the series or if they are still watching, speaking out again. Why would they complain about some other show if it was already shown the anime community will do anything to silence people and blow things out of proportion?

Yeah, I've lost interest in Goblin Slayer after seeing the rape scene . Prior to the rape scene, I could see that the men killed by Goblins suffered quickly and the camera did not linger on it whereas the violence inflicted on women is lingered on and in the rape case sexualized and trivialized . I admit only seen that clip but it seems pretty indicative of how the show handles violence judging from all the anti-sjws yelling about it .
Nov 17, 2018 10:03 AM

Jan 2013
NekoNyanGalaxy said:
Energetic-Nova said:

It isn't inconsistently. They stopped watching. They saw what kind of anime this was, and dropped it. Also, the people who pretty much verbally abused them for their opinions didn't really improve the chances of those people continuing the series or if they are still watching, speaking out again. Why would they complain about some other show if it was already shown the anime community will do anything to silence people and blow things out of proportion?

Yeah, I've lost interest in Goblin Slayer after seeing the rape scene . Prior to the rape scene, I could see that the men killed by Goblins suffered quickly and the camera did not linger on it whereas the violence inflicted on women is lingered on and in the rape case sexualized and trivialized . I admit only seen that clip but it seems pretty indicative of how the show handles violence judging from all the anti-sjws yelling about it .
Please, the rape scene was quickly as well.
And how was it sexualized?
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Nov 17, 2018 10:49 AM

Mar 2018
Cabron said:
NekoNyanGalaxy said:

i happen to have an infinite IQ, so i might be able to answer this question with the best answer in the universe

goblins don't tire off clothes of the victim like that
goblins don't stand in a line for their turn
goblins don't leave when finished and leave the victim alone
goblins don't leave when they do stuff like that
goblins don't stand in a circle position like that ''camera fanservice''
and best thing yet, Goblins don't freaking show do it like that like creepy humans

i know that it require an Infinite IQ to understand this but that is the punishment for such power!

and it's a Filler scenes, in the light novel, it wasn't descriptive, it was just something as: that happened and then switched to the goblin trying to kill the other girl.
Nov 17, 2018 10:54 AM

Aug 2016
Because nobody cares about kids, obviously.
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Nov 17, 2018 5:31 PM
Sep 2016
Cabron said:
NekoNyanGalaxy said:

When the male gets killed, it cuts away and moves on pretty quickly in comparison to the rape scene. The drawn out struggle, the emphasis on her horrified face, the clothes tear, the camera pan up her backside then shot of the goblin grabbing her rear as the music tenses throughout the scene before hitting a crescendo then ending on the woman's scream. Throughout the whole scene, it is shown the woman repeatedly being treated little more than object for the viewers titillation and the cuts to the priestess only serves to emphasize the rape scene.
Nov 17, 2018 5:37 PM
Sep 2016
Phantomnocomics said:
Cabron said:

i happen to have an infinite IQ, so i might be able to answer this question with the best answer in the universe

goblins don't tire off clothes of the victim like that
goblins don't stand in a line for their turn
goblins don't leave when finished and leave the victim alone
goblins don't leave when they do stuff like that
goblins don't stand in a circle position like that ''camera fanservice''
and best thing yet, Goblins don't freaking show do it like that like creepy humans

i know that it require an Infinite IQ to understand this but that is the punishment for such power!

and it's a Filler scenes, in the light novel, it wasn't descriptive, it was just something as: that happened and then switched to the goblin trying to kill the other girl.

Ok, it may be a filler scene but that doesn't excuse the problematic elements.Furthermore, your comment pertaining to the light novel just shows that the anime introduced more problematic elements beyond just trivializing it.
Nov 17, 2018 5:44 PM

Jan 2013
This isn't the first time kids have been raped, tortured or murdered in anime so I don't know where this supposed outrage is coming from since I haven't really paid attention to it. I mean there was that one guy in Fate/Zero who constantly murdered kids with his Caster servant both for fun and mana. Oh and Sakura gets raped by a bunch of bugs while Illya gets brutally murdered by Gilgamesh. So yea, nothing new.

There's tons of other examples like Elfen Lied or Jigoku Shoujo so again, I don't know why anybody would be particularly outraged about rape happening in this particular instance. Maybe the wrong group of people who have not seen many anime stumbled upon this now and think it's pushing some kind of boundary but it's really not.
Nov 17, 2018 6:33 PM

Jan 2013
NekoNyanGalaxy said:
Cabron said:

When the male gets killed, it cuts away and moves on pretty quickly in comparison to the rape scene. The drawn out struggle, the emphasis on her horrified face, the clothes tear, the camera pan up her backside then shot of the goblin grabbing her rear as the music tenses throughout the scene before hitting a crescendo then ending on the woman's scream. Throughout the whole scene, it is shown the woman repeatedly being treated little more than object for the viewers titillation and the cuts to the priestess only serves to emphasize the rape scene.

>it is shown the woman repeatedly being treated little more than object for the viewers titillation
You sure about that?
Feels like projection.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Nov 17, 2018 6:50 PM
Sep 2016
Cabron said:
NekoNyanGalaxy said:

>it is shown the woman repeatedly being treated little more than object for the viewers titillation
You sure about that?
Feels like projection.

Cabron said:
NekoNyanGalaxy said:

You sure about that?
Feels like projection.

Projecting what exactly? It is laid out pretty clearly.
Nov 17, 2018 7:08 PM

Mar 2018
NekoNyanGalaxy said:
Cabron said:

You sure about that?
Feels like projection.

Cabron said:

You sure about that?
Feels like projection.

vegeta8639 said:
This isn't the first time kids have been raped, tortured or murdered in anime so I don't know where this supposed outrage is coming from since I haven't really paid attention to it. I mean there was that one guy in Fate/Zero who constantly murdered kids with his Caster servant both for fun and mana. Oh and Sakura gets raped by a bunch of bugs while Illya gets brutally murdered by Gilgamesh. So yea, nothing new.

There's tons of other examples like Elfen Lied or Jigoku Shoujo so again, I don't know why anybody would be particularly outraged about rape happening in this particular instance. Maybe the wrong group of people who have not seen many anime stumbled upon this now and think it's pushing some kind of boundary but it's really not.

Ryu1908 said:

it's not about being a kid or not, make a scene where a kid rape scene is fan service and wait for the storm

------------------------------------------------------------------------

it's kind of project-able though, that's the point of fan-service lad, it's an off-universe stat for the character to act unnecessarily in a sexual way for whoever it is targeted it for, but all fan-service are fillers in a sense

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

lad, both the manga adaptation and the anime adaptation have more than this issue, if you think this will be the only bad thing to happen about GB slayer then wait for the upcoming episodes if they dare adapt the upcoming brokenly dark chapter in the manga into the anime

joke is, the anime is an adaptation of the manga ''since it's more popular'' rather than the source material ''which while less broken is still a broke material''

long story short, goblin slayer is no berserk, or anything special, it's just a standard attempt to be a dark fantasty while being overly attached and inspired by RPG games, it's natural that they would make fan-service to rise up the sales or else what's the point of the adaptation?, lad

Nov 17, 2018 8:34 PM
Sep 2016
Phantomnocomics said:
NekoNyanGalaxy said:

vegeta8639 said:

Ryu1908 said:

it's not about being a kid or not, make a scene where a kid rape scene is fan service and wait for the storm

------------------------------------------------------------------------

it's kind of project-able though, that's the point of fan-service lad, it's an off-universe stat for the character to act unnecessarily in a sexual way for whoever it is targeted it for, but all fan-service are fillers in a sense

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

lad, both the manga adaptation and the anime adaptation have more than this issue, if you think this will be the only bad thing to happen about GB slayer then wait for the upcoming episodes if they dare adapt the upcoming brokenly dark chapter in the manga into the anime

joke is, the anime is an adaptation of the manga ''since it's more popular'' rather than the source material ''which while less broken is still a broke material''

long story short, goblin slayer is no berserk, or anything special, it's just a standard attempt to be a dark fantasty while being overly attached and inspired by RPG games, it's natural that they would make fan-service to rise up the sales or else what's the point of the adaptation?, lad

The question isn't whether or not it projects but what it projects. You're answering a different question here. I am of the mind that the projection is of an exploitative and objectifying nature that only serves to titillate the viewer. The responder seemed to have a different view and I asked for his comment. Now, addressing your comment on fanservice. I'll agree fanservice is unnecessary but it goes beyond just titillation as fanservice generally has a large influence on the direction and treatment of certain characters within a series. and usually these directions and treatments are quite problematic.
Nov 18, 2018 7:20 PM

Nov 2017
Goblin Slayer first :

- I think "rape" was a common thing on everyday life in a certain country.
Not long ago, there was a news about kidnapping right? and the suspect was a producer of "something-subaru" anime... Dont ya think that guy was just kidnap and lock her on his apartement?
There mus be a lot cases about teenager/adult got raped... but some victims doesnt report it to the authorized party for some complicated reason like "if they had low information of the suspect or they cant find the suspect on 3 weeks, they would put your cases aside".
Rape is just a man or women got forced to do sex against their will.... so it just the same thing for a whore, the diference is whore get some paycheck.
Raping underage girl was easier than rape a teenager or older women... I dont have experience on raping before (even sex), but i know how to repel it.
If we talk about rape... this is not the right place

Next Tensei slime episode 7 :

- A girl that burned to the death alive...
At first, it shock me a little and it was remembered me about an old lady got burned alive on India that suspected as witch.
I know it was so cruel but... no one give shit bcoz "it just fiction"- They said.

On other hand, there's an anime that show a lil girl got pierced,slashed or even melted on screen, but no one make a thread like this.
I dont support underage (girl) violence myself, but what should i say? if everybody likes it, then what should i do?

No one take my Opinion seriously after all.
Now Loading.....
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

119 by Miyamotodex23 »»
3 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Apr 23

67 by H-A-M-M-Y »»
6 minutes ago

» Early-mid 2000s anime – what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - Apr 23

33 by MasterTasuke »»
6 minutes ago

» You truly don't care about anime MAL score/rank? Ooh cool, but... ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 21

96 by rho34 »»
9 minutes ago

» How is anime doing in the UK these days?

VeryRedBags - 1 hour ago

2 by LightWorker »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.