Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Nov 12, 2018 7:30 PM
Oct 2018
salbery755 said:
How sad is Shizu's past, Ifrit is a very dominant spirit.
Shizu loses control of Ifrit, the spirit of fire she possesses, the appearance of Ifrit reveals the true identity of Shizu, who was a legendary hero who had retired. The goblins are evacuated while Rirumu, Ranga and Shizu's companions fight against the wrathful spirit.
Rirumu manages to defeat Ifrit thanks to his resistance to the heat and to Ellen who lets the Slime copy her ice magic, then devours the spirit with his "predatory" ability.
The name of the next episode gives me a bad feeling about Shizu.

i think, 2 more episode
Nov 12, 2018 7:33 PM

Jun 2016
wait... they still alive after get swallowed by rimuru... hmm...

IFRIT VS Tsundere DRAGON !!! my bet in tsundere dragon

rimuru become more and more OP i wonder what would happens if everybody knew about him ?

can't wait the next episode !!! hope she ok
Nov 12, 2018 7:37 PM

Sep 2016
Skyguardian said:
Just wondering.

Does anyone else realize that Shizu and Rimurus human form look weirdly alike?

*Tries demonic laugh*
Ahahahahahahahaha
You'll see why next episode!
Nov 12, 2018 8:41 PM

Jul 2017
Okay..in all honesty this episode made me cry
Nov 12, 2018 10:36 PM

Mar 2014
That flashback answered some questions, but left a lot more. It looks like she was summoned by the demon lord, but why do people refer to her as a hero? Did she run off after doing her heroic deeds to escape him and now wants to find him again for some closure after all this time?

Pretty sure Ifrit was the reason for her youth after 50 years, so things are not looking good for her now that Rimuru isolated him in quarantine. But it was nice to see Veldora again!
Nov 12, 2018 10:36 PM

Oct 2014
Great episode again

I hope the anime quality won't be droped since so far the anime is great
Nov 12, 2018 10:55 PM

Jun 2013
Great Sage: *sigh*

lmao.
Nov 12, 2018 11:28 PM

Mar 2010
Hahaha, I loved this episode XD
That moment when he was being engulfed by flames and he sighs...then his skill sighs at "her" forgetful master XD Great Sage for the win ! And Ifrits surprise to Veldora was priceless
Nov 12, 2018 11:33 PM

Dec 2015
the sound effect is so good, feel like it from some RPG lol
Grey-Zone said:
Judging from Twitter images, the anime actually adaptated the Shizu backstory that only existed in the LN version up until now, but not in the WN or manga version. That's great. But it seems they'll really stretch it thin with that and only finish LN vol. 1 by episode 8 I guess. So I guess they'll really end it with LN vol. 3? I don't really like it as a stopping point because it's kind of... anti-climatic? It's odd that the final part of the first anime season would be an arc that didn't even exist in the WN version...

Oh well, at least the parts that do get adaptated will have twice the amount of episodes as the usual LN adaptations (8 episodes vs 4 episodes), so it may be the first time where people say "read the LN for a few more details" as opposed to the usual "read the LN because the anime skipped half of the story!". In addition, if the rumors about the anime not being allowed to pass the manga are true, then ending at LN vol. 3 content means we'll get a second season faster than if the anime went all the way to LN vol. 4.

it maybe will end at vol 4 with a cliché because from the OP scene it from the act in vol 4 but with this slow don't know if it can reach to that act....if someone already read the WN maybe they will thinking that anime can reach it but they need to remember this is adapt light novel not web novel and it have more more detail and many boss more than wn, just look at the manga and see it already have a boss that don't have in web novel, and manga is rush the story and anime is not....
so can't tell much with there 7 eps....but for sure they somehow will end in vol 4 or get another ss2, if this story don't get ss2 soon then maybe it will never get
why ? because the light novel is very close to the end act in wn it like 2 or 3 volume more and it will end, but maybe somehow the author will write more further in ln ? who know
well i will just pray now....
Nov 12, 2018 11:46 PM

Nov 2017
- since the first episode of this anime.... i dont have any idea who the hell is Hinata that people talking about here.
- Rimuru was fireproof since the 1st episode right?
- There's people said shizu will remain dead or shizu would revive after her dead... so which one?
Now Loading.....
Nov 12, 2018 11:48 PM
Apr 2018
thepath said:
Amazing episode. One of the best fights in this season

chaosnetwork said:
Best Anime of the season. Who wanna @ me?

2nd best

Noting can beat jojo

Nothing can beat jojo......
Except for simon from TTGL
Nov 13, 2018 12:12 AM
Nov 2015
bondtux said:
- since the first episode of this anime.... i dont have any idea who the hell is Hinata that people talking about here.
- There's people said shizu will remain dead or shizu would revive after her dead... so which one?

Nov 13, 2018 12:34 AM

Oct 2014
redcobra said:
bondtux said:

Not quite right.

Grey-ZoneNov 13, 2018 12:42 AM
Nov 13, 2018 12:47 AM

May 2015
Damn. The curse of being a summon to kill someone without hesitation by a master's order...

Damn it! They just built...

"Take this action?" Lol what is this,a turn-based RPG?

Ayyy! Spell Steal!

Lol all that despair only to learn that he's immune to fire. Besides, he has pain nullification right? So he can't really feel when he gets hurt...

"Did you just do something to me?" BURN!

And he ate Ifrit. Might as well eat all the mythical beings that you see, then throw up an army when you need one.

Next episode is "Inherited Will." I assume that Rimuru will eat Shizu next episode to carry out her final wish?

Nice animation this episode. It did a good job with the camera work.
Nov 13, 2018 1:24 AM

Feb 2014
Tsundere Dragon intimidating Ifrit was the highlight of the episode. XD
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Nov 13, 2018 2:28 AM
Oct 2018
Vysarine said:
That flashback answered some questions, but left a lot more. It looks like she was summoned by the demon lord, but why do people refer to her as a hero? Did she run off after doing her heroic deeds to escape him and now wants to find him again for some closure after all this time?

Pretty sure Ifrit was the reason for her youth after 50 years, so things are not looking good for her now that Rimuru isolated him in quarantine. But it was nice to see Veldora again!

cause that demon lord is Human, is Summoned, is Former Hero
Nov 13, 2018 3:00 AM

May 2018
Nurguburu said:
Shizu killed the girl and his pet lol.

She's not the best person to be friends with, that's for sure
Nov 13, 2018 3:29 AM

Jul 2014
Solid episode with some great action and some compelling and interesting flashbacks to boot, plus the long-overdue reappearance of Veldora.

Only complaint would be Rimuru forgetting he has fire resistance, which was pretty dumb overall.
Nov 13, 2018 5:42 AM

Apr 2018
Oh god, the demon lord really did a good job in making me hate him >:D
Poor puppy D:

Greatly animated scenes here and there and some backstory of Shizu(E).

And finally Rimuru got to show how damn strong he really is.

A really satisfying episode for this week.

Nov 13, 2018 5:53 AM
Jan 2017
wow,, how amazing battle we have here,, the grapich is very epic,, im very love this intense battle in this episeonde ,, and i can see the rating is up to 8,2,,
Nov 13, 2018 5:56 AM
Jan 2017
i wondering that if ifrit again the dragon who will win..
Nov 13, 2018 6:55 AM
Jul 2017
x2kill4 said:
i wondering that if ifrit again the dragon who will win..
Ifrit is ranked A+,True Dragons like Veldora are ranked SS. in the first place Veldora got sealed just because he's shit at dealing with seals
Nov 13, 2018 6:55 AM
Feb 2017
Decent episode. But why do I keep having the feeling that the soundtracks are not suitable for certain scenes?
Nov 13, 2018 7:09 AM
Jan 2018
8 epiosdes for 1 vol ??? Ok it should have ended last episode.

Unless epiosde 8 will be half and half first 12 mins the rest of Vol 1 and the rest the start of Vol 2
Nov 13, 2018 7:15 AM

Oct 2014
Mattinator95 said:
8 epiosdes for 1 vol ??? Ok it should have ended last episode.

Unless epiosde 8 will be half and half first 12 mins the rest of Vol 1 and the rest the start of Vol 2

Just face the inevitable truth... We will only get to see up until the end of LN volume 3. If at this point they suddenly change the pace, it would probably destroy this anime because LN volume 2 is actually longer than LN volume 1...

And I had one thing that irked me this episode, as good as it was: These are supposed to be high-speed battles. Unfortunately the anime has that bad habit of any attack being prepared or activating essentially "stopping time" without actually doing so, as in you see someone charge up while the enemy just stands around doing nothing. We had that multiple times this episode, like when Koenig shot his feathers, Ifrit!Shizu slowly activated his/her flame powers, calmly raised his/her hand and shot a beam of fire at Koenig, all that WHILE feathers were flying at her at what looked to be quite a bit of speed from like what? 5m? 10m? away, but when he/she started his/her attack, it seemed like the feathers stopped moving.

Similarily when Rimuru just stopped moving when Ifrit was using his Flare Circle, though to be fair, based on how it was described in the other mediums, Rimuru probably couldn't have dodged the attack because the circle also had an integrated barrier to trap the target - but Rimuru didn't even seem to try to dodge.

And I remember quite a few people mentioning that in episode 1 it seemed like Satoru had more than enough time to dodge the knife.

That's pretty much the only negative point for this anime I can think of.
Grey-ZoneNov 13, 2018 7:30 AM
Nov 13, 2018 9:39 AM

Aug 2015
That was an amazing episode! I loved everything about it!
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Nov 13, 2018 10:41 AM

Sep 2007
kidlat020 said:
wait, wasn't shizu, and ultimately ifrit, that caged the storm dragon? I smell revenge.

Yeah, I was confused about that (even though I'm caught up on manga adaptation), so I googled it and SPOILED THE CRAP out of the future plot for myself. So DON'T DO IT.

They're different heroes, that's all I can say.
Nov 13, 2018 12:50 PM
Nov 2016
They did a pretty good job with the episode. Seeing all the pain Shizu went through makes me hate that piece of shit who summoned her.

At least Rimuru beat Ifrit and it was nice to see Veldora again.
Nov 13, 2018 1:08 PM

Jun 2012
The douche even shortened her name from Shizue to Shizu, as if binding a fire spirit in her wasn't enough... hope he burns.
Nov 13, 2018 1:40 PM

Jul 2014
First good episode of the show. Less for the fight but more for the female lead's backstory. Decent stuff. The previous 6 episodes left a bland impression so I hope it starts getting more intense and engaging from here on out.
Nov 13, 2018 2:41 PM

Apr 2012
Is Rimuru drawing power from Veldora while inside of him or he just acquired his abilities and attributes after absorbing him. That would explain Rimuru's OPness. If that were true then he'll draw from Ifrit as well.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Nov 13, 2018 3:04 PM

Oct 2014
Black caped hero = from 300 years (="centuries") ago, sealed Veldora.
White caped hero, aka Shizu(e Izawa), aka conqurer of flames = from "about 50 years ago" and proclaimed herself to be "decades" old.
Nov 13, 2018 7:35 PM

Jul 2015
Omfg that was a dope episode
Nov 13, 2018 8:47 PM

Mar 2012
I would say the biggest downfall of this series so far is how difficult it is to feel any tension. Part of it is the fact that Rimuru is too broken for no good reason. There's no real way that the audience could reasonably believe that Rimuru is ever going to be in danger given that at worst he'll get some asspull assistance from Tempest. But I think more importantly it's because Rimuru himself conveys no sense of tension. Shizu screaming in pain and burning? Gonna sit there. Shizu turning into a dude on fire? Gonna sit there. Shizu burning my village the fuck down? Gonna sit there. Then finally when he starts playing ball and gets encircled in a firestorm, he's still making dumbass jokes and doing emojis with his body. It's impossible to actually give a shit about the dangers that are supposed to legitimately threaten him. What confuses me is that his reaction to getting stabbed was fairly reasonable in ep. 1 but once he became a slime his disposition became completely nonchalant and it totally takes away from the sort of immersion you should try to build in a fantasy sword and magic series.

Not a bad series per se, but this is starting to become a slime version of Death March without the T&A.
Nov 13, 2018 10:29 PM
Jun 2011
zannett said:
I would say the biggest downfall of this series so far is how difficult it is to feel any tension. Part of it is the fact that Rimuru is too broken for no good reason. There's no real way that the audience could reasonably believe that Rimuru is ever going to be in danger given that at worst he'll get some asspull assistance from Tempest. But I think more importantly it's because Rimuru himself conveys no sense of tension. Shizu screaming in pain and burning? Gonna sit there. Shizu turning into a dude on fire? Gonna sit there. Shizu burning my village the fuck down? Gonna sit there. Then finally when he starts playing ball and gets encircled in a firestorm, he's still making dumbass jokes and doing emojis with his body. It's impossible to actually give a shit about the dangers that are supposed to legitimately threaten him. What confuses me is that his reaction to getting stabbed was fairly reasonable in ep. 1 but once he became a slime his disposition became completely nonchalant and it totally takes away from the sort of immersion you should try to build in a fantasy sword and magic series.

Not a bad series per se, but this is starting to become a slime version of Death March without the T&A.
most of the isekai shows have such characters
Nov 13, 2018 10:42 PM

Jun 2013
Each episode seems like five minutes because I'm enjoying every second of it.

Ifrit is just having a bad day. Met a slime who was better than him and then he met slime's family: Veldora Tempest, the storm dragon.

Shizu's titties were exceptionally big in this episode, they didn't seem that big before.

I hope there will be more Rimuru cuteness in the next episode.
臭い-
Nov 13, 2018 10:47 PM

Aug 2013
I'm a little sad that Rimuru didn't eat one of those salamanders... Because why not have fire powers too?
Nov 14, 2018 4:09 AM

Oct 2008
This was a damn friggin' awesome badass insane episode!!!
sad past flashback of Shizu, poor Pirino & Pizu perished to Ifrit's flames that Shizu can't control!
Nice! Rimuru made the Icicle Lance and upgraded magic, Icicle Shotgun!
LOL Rimuru also isn't aware that he's too overpowered!
Ifrit was totally no match against Rimuru! and Verudora gave such a badass lecture! not even a fire creature Ifrit would attempt to do anythng when fecing a dragon at it's own domain/realm!
I guess Shizu would definitely follow Rimuru since he used Predator unique skill that would probably unshackle Ifrit's curse of him staying on Shizu's body!
5/5!!!

Nov 14, 2018 4:36 AM

Mar 2017
Lots of actions this episode. They did pretty well with the action scenes I think. And use of sound effects were good too.
R.I.P Shizue. It was a short time knowing you.
Nov 14, 2018 7:58 AM
Apr 2011
The animation of this episode is abysmal. It's been on a downward trend for several episodes now. What's with the scoring nowadays.
Nov 14, 2018 9:52 PM
Jun 2017
rimuru have just fought a boss level enemy, but still Ifrit cant withstand the powers of rimuru... hahahaha... great episode as it shown the past life of shizu...
Nov 14, 2018 10:42 PM
Mar 2015
Loved Veldora talking shit to Ifrit. Poor Shizue At least she is rid of Ifrit
Nov 14, 2018 10:59 PM

Jan 2016
zannett said:

Good point, I agree with your opinion :D +1
Nov 14, 2018 11:23 PM
Nov 2018
zannett said:

Seems to look OP at first but as the story progress, you will find out that there is a sky beyond the sky.
Nov 15, 2018 12:41 AM

Jan 2016
This episode single handedly raised my score to a 10. Every episode prior to this has been a great ride, but this one takes the cake. I was freaking out from total hype. Rimuru is an absolute badass.
Nov 15, 2018 1:55 AM

Nov 2012
Argyll said:
The animation of this episode is abysmal. It's been on a downward trend for several episodes now. What's with the scoring nowadays.

Look at this trash-level bait and laugh!
Are you even watching the same series?

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Nov 15, 2018 2:24 AM

Apr 2018
Argyll said:

You really need to get your eyes checked dude lmao
Nov 15, 2018 5:45 AM
Oct 2018
Argyll said:

if you dont like dont watch, WTH with you ? u waste ur time
Nov 15, 2018 9:32 AM
Oct 2018
Argyll said:

wot, wat,wuth.
-
you have problems in the eyes or something?
"I know anything goes here...
but this...
this is clearly not fucking okay...!"
-Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu
Nov 15, 2018 9:35 AM
Jan 2018
Janethan23 said:
Is Rimuru drawing power from Veldora while inside of him or he just acquired his abilities and attributes after absorbing him. That would explain Rimuru's OPness. If that were true then he'll draw from Ifrit as well.

If you remember, Veldora named Rimuru in the first chapters. He became OP because of that, just like the Goblins
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» rimuru is the bad guy

Rukasumi - Apr 11

2 by felixsifuri »»
Apr 12, 11:53 AM

» Help my fellow weebs

Lonely_kun - Apr 5

27 by Puntosmx »»
Apr 7, 4:54 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2019

287 by iggggi »»
Apr 7, 5:21 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2019

202 by BlueQuartzFibre »»
Apr 3, 8:37 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2019

275 by Magicmist »»
Apr 3, 6:19 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.