Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 12, 2018 7:19 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
More background storytelling about Shizu this episode and it's a not pretty one.

At least she made a good friend when she was younger though. Too bad she got burned. RIP. It's crazy the pain she went through imo. Not to mention, that is a hell of a fire spirit.

Definitely the most intense episode so far in the series. Rimuru's abilities continues to impress me. Tsundere dragon is back!
Stark700Nov 12, 2018 9:02 AM
Nov 12, 2018 7:36 AM

Oct 2014
Judging from Twitter images, the anime actually adaptated the Shizu backstory that only existed in the LN version up until now, but not in the WN or manga version. That's great. But it seems they'll really stretch it thin with that and only finish LN vol. 1 by episode 8 I guess. So I guess they'll really end it with LN vol. 3? I don't really like it as a stopping point because it's kind of... anti-climatic? It's odd that the final part of the first anime season would be an arc that didn't even exist in the WN version...

Oh well, at least the parts that do get adaptated will have twice the amount of episodes as the usual LN adaptations (8 episodes vs 4 episodes), so it may be the first time where people say "read the LN for a few more details" as opposed to the usual "read the LN because the anime skipped half of the story!". In addition, if the rumors about the anime not being allowed to pass the manga are true, then ending at LN vol. 3 content means we'll get a second season faster than if the anime went all the way to LN vol. 4.
Grey-ZoneNov 12, 2018 7:47 AM
Nov 12, 2018 8:00 AM
Oct 2018
Noob question, I know LN stands for light novels but what is WN?
Nov 12, 2018 8:13 AM

Apr 2016
Grey-Zone said:
Judging from Twitter images, the anime actually adaptated the Shizu backstory that only existed in the LN version up until now, but not in the WN or manga version. That's great. But it seems they'll really stretch it thin with that and only finish LN vol. 1 by episode 8 I guess. So I guess they'll really end it with LN vol. 3? I don't really like it as a stopping point because it's kind of... anti-climatic? It's odd that the final part of the first anime season would be an arc that didn't even exist in the WN version...

Oh well, at least the parts that do get adaptated will have twice the amount of episodes as the usual LN adaptations (8 episodes vs 4 episodes), so it may be the first time where people say "read the LN for a few more details" as opposed to the usual "read the LN because the anime skipped half of the story!". In addition, if the rumors about the anime not being allowed to pass the manga are true, then ending at LN vol. 3 content means we'll get a second season faster than if the anime went all the way to LN vol. 4.

I hope you're right and we get a season 02 in fall 2019.
The pace is too slow for not have a second season. I like it but I'm not used to it so it's weird
Nov 12, 2018 8:13 AM
Jan 2018
Enryu231 said:

Web Novel my friend. It's basically the first draft before becoming a LN
Nov 12, 2018 8:24 AM

Oct 2014
Enryu231 said:

Web Novel. The first thing released was the Web Novel, which was (not sure if still) free to read on the syousetsuka ni narou website (in Japanese, although people have been translating it and the better translation should finish up the main story within the next 3 days). The Web Novel is already completed.

Then came the Light Novel version, which, for the first time, was edited by professionals and was therefore a polished up version of the WN and also has some bonus content, for example the first LN volume has Shizu's backstory and there's also a sidestory about Gobta's hilarious first visit to the Dwarven Kingdom quite some time before he met Rimuru, both side-stories which the WN didn't have. It's still on-going.

After that came the manga version which cut a few things like the side stories from the LN, but instead polished up some things from the LN even more (the crystal ball scene, for example didn't exist in the WN or LN). Furthermore each of the the manga volumes (not the monthly magazine version) of the manga has a written side-story at the end about the events in the respective volume from Veldora's perspective inside Rimuru's stomach, called "Veldora's journal". It's also still on-going and appearently the manga version is a greater commercial success than the LN version (and the LN version itself is already a great success by itself).

And finally the currently on-going anime which seems to mix up content from the LN and manga and adds it's own content that didn't exist in any other version (e.g. Tamura actually being shown throwing the PC into the bathtub), while also making use of its medium to the fullest (Rimuru's emotional expressions).

Mugiworld said:
I hope you're right and we get a season 02 in fall 2019.
The pace is too slow for not have a second season. I like it but I'm not used to it so it's weird

There are rumors about the corporations on the manga-side of the franchise financing the series more the the LN-side does and the anime team being therefore forbidden to pass the content of the manga. If that is true, we won't get a season 2 anytime before 2020 at the earliest. Unless the manga becomes weekly or something.
Grey-ZoneNov 12, 2018 8:31 AM
Nov 12, 2018 9:06 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
A pretty strong episode that did well in showing Shizue's backstory as well as the inner struggle that she's been dealing with. The actions that came from harbouring a demon that can be controlled by the mage sure wasn't pretty. Shizue's thoughts when she lost control in the village must have been sad considering everything that happened there. Eren and her team sure had guts deciding to stay and try and save Shizu. The battle between Rimuru and co and Ifrit sure was intense due to Ifrit's combat strength being on par with Rimuru. Still glad that Rimuru was able to separate Ifrit from Shizu. Nice to see Veldora again. I also loved the music this episode as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 12, 2018 9:20 AM

Dec 2011
I only read the manga of it not the LN but damn this episode was beyond amazing from the animation to the music.
Rimuru just overkill Ifrit and so nice to see Vendora again.I missed that dragon lol,,
Nov 12, 2018 9:26 AM

Jan 2015
My god that episode was CLEAN!
Really intense, engaging and overall blast to watch.
Nov 12, 2018 9:34 AM

Feb 2014
OMG!! I'm in love with this anime. This episode was so intense.
A real fight would have been good but damn Rimuru is just too OP.
Nov 12, 2018 9:39 AM
Oct 2018
Amazing episode. The fight scene was very clean! Poor Shizu
Nov 12, 2018 9:53 AM
Sep 2016
I wonder how Veldora and Ifrit are, just existing in Rimuru’s void
Nov 12, 2018 9:58 AM
Nov 2017
good episode
It's astonishing
Nov 12, 2018 10:01 AM

Apr 2012
It pretty much ate Shizu and the Ifrit whole without a second thought. This slime is hardcore.
Nov 12, 2018 10:02 AM

Jul 2017
What an episode this is! In the name of Rimuru the OP, this has got to be the most action-packed episode yet. Certainly one-upping the previous episodes, one by one! Great and awesome, wholesome clean animation with some of the best fighting actions!

Feeling a lot bad for Shizu having to be the catalyst for Ifrit, she certainly had a bad life.
Nov 12, 2018 10:10 AM

Jun 2017
That Wise "uh" was hilarious, I had a laugh attack there
"Gradually Watermelon"
Nov 12, 2018 10:14 AM

Oct 2015
Goddamn 8bit , probably you done the best Adaptation of Light Novel in recent years to this show.
Nov 12, 2018 10:14 AM
Sep 2018
And again I enjoyed this to the fullest. That shot at Shizu's boobs when she was loosing control was hilarious though :)

The fight animations seemed awesome to me (as a layman) so I hope they'll keep this up. If need be they should just make a break after the first cour because it would be a pity if the quality dropped.

The manga entered vol. 4 and it releases a double chapter each month so I'd say it's pretty reasonable to believe that the anime will finish at vol.4. That makes the most sense I think since we see Rimuru fighting Hinata in the op. To end it there would be a f*cking clifhanger though :)
Nov 12, 2018 10:15 AM
May 2016
precious shizu <3
Nov 12, 2018 10:17 AM
Jun 2015
Akko_Kagari said:
I wonder how Veldora and Ifrit are, just existing in Rimuru’s void

It's a Hammer Space Dimansion where Rimur stores everything he "eats". Nest episode should finalize Shizu's back story and give Rimuru his next major task.
Nov 12, 2018 10:19 AM
Jun 2015
EvilSociopath323 said:
And again I enjoyed this to the fullest. That shot at Shizu's boobs when she was loosing control was hilarious though :)

The fight animations seemed awesome to me (as a layman) so I hope they'll keep this up. If need be they should just make a break after the first cour because it would be a pity if the quality dropped.

The manga entered vol. 4 and it releases a double chapter each month so I'd say it's pretty reasonable to believe that the anime will finish at vol.4. That makes the most sense I think since we see Rimuru fighting Hinata in the op. To end it there would be a f*cking clifhanger though :)

It's going at a ratio of 8 episodes = 1 LN. They could pick up the pace soon now though and actually adapt LN 4 which would be an amazing cliff hanger to end things at.
Nov 12, 2018 10:23 AM

Nov 2012
Was half expecting the Ifrit to be some chunk of bad CGI but damn my expectations were blown out like the Ifrit's minions. At this point it'll be inevitable to say SASUGA RIMURU-SAMA.

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Nov 12, 2018 10:23 AM

Dec 2014
so like how strong is the s;ime anyway
Nov 12, 2018 10:25 AM

Aug 2018
Another great episode, I haven't read the source material but I'm glad it's being adapted properly even if the pacing might be a bit slow at times. I'd rather have slow pacing than an incoherent mess (looking at you Index 3).
Also wow that was brutal how he made Shizu kill that girl and the puppy. I'm guessing she's free from the curse now but I wonder if she'll still have her fire powers. Also lol Rimuru is even more OP than I thought.
Prog_upworks13 said:
Goddamn 8bit , probably you done the best Adaptation of Light Novel in recent years to this show.

When it was announced 8bit would be doing the adaptation everyone kept saying RIP this anime but they've proved them wrong. Let's just hope this quality continues.

Grey-Zone said:

There are rumors about the corporations on the manga-side of the franchise financing the series more the the LN-side does and the anime team being therefore forbidden to pass the content of the manga. If that is true, we won't get a season 2 anytime before 2020 at the earliest. Unless the manga becomes weekly or something.

That's interesting but isn't the LN the work of the original author? One would assume that the original work would sell more so it's a bit odd that the manga side is financing it more. Is the manga of this show more popular and do the original creators have any input in the manga or is it completely separate and just an adaptation of the LN handled by different people?
<Insert clever quote>
Nov 12, 2018 10:26 AM
Mar 2018
I have a feeling for some reason that this is anime where no one important ever dies lol and he'll revive Shizu in the end.
Animation is really good in this one.
Nov 12, 2018 10:29 AM

Nov 2012
SNDT said:
I have a feeling for some reason that this is anime where no one important ever dies lol and he'll revive Shizu in the end.

The next episode will probably answer that for you. Even the next episode title checks out.

Want some free EN TL light novels? Take a look at my loot...→Missing out on an Anime OP/ED? Check the complete collection here...→
Nov 12, 2018 10:38 AM
Jun 2017
As of now. I still think the hinata fight will get animated. If not it might go until the charybdis arc.
Nov 12, 2018 10:42 AM
Dec 2013
Goddamn, they still haven't gotten to the second volume of the LN. but at least the pacing's great.

Man, I hope Shizu's alright after this.
Nov 12, 2018 10:55 AM

Aug 2015
SNDT said:

Well, you're in for a huge surprise.
Nov 12, 2018 11:08 AM

Jun 2014
A really good and action-packed episode. Shizu lost control but Rimuru managed to take care of the situation pretty easily. It was pretty funny when he thought he was about to die in the fire since he seemed to forget about his heat resistance.

Also, RIP to Shizu's friend and that fox that she met when she was younger. That took me by surprise.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 12, 2018 11:15 AM

Jun 2017
Happy to see my favorite Tsundere-Dragon once again..Can't get enough of him
Nov 12, 2018 11:24 AM
Jan 2018
SNDT said:

Nov 12, 2018 11:26 AM

Nov 2012
ibraheem234 said:
so like how strong is the s;ime anyway

Currently he's OP, but in the same way you'd be OP if you grinded levels. He's like a Disc II character who just went back to a Disc I area in an RPG to get items he can't get last time.

Nov 12, 2018 11:29 AM
Jun 2014
Best Anime of the season. Who wanna @ me?
Nov 12, 2018 11:31 AM

Nov 2015

But, just what anime did I just watch? WHAT THE HELL!?
The situation just changed from calm and happiness to disaster from one moment to another. The violence and cruelty jumped out of the corner and laid its territory.

Amazing episode. It is a shame these Tensura episodes are only 10 minutes long... wait, what are you saying they are 23 min episodes? What are yo— oh, you are right...what th—

The cruelty against the little fox monster, Pizu, was to be expected but I was not expecting it to bleed over the other girl as well. I was prepared but it still was surprising to see. I suppose things like that had to have happened several times in her life of being prisoner of that Demon Lord. How did she escape? Why is she looking for "the one that summoned her?

Poor Shizu...

On the other side of the coin, despite the overall tone of the episode there was humor, and by far my favorite moment was when Rimuru needed the explanation of the Great Sage ability to remember him he is immune to temperature changes xD I mean, "she" even replied him with a sarcastic "Ah.." HAHAHA. I had to repeat that scene over 5 times as it was so funny to watch over and over again.
Nov 12, 2018 11:32 AM

Apr 2015
wait, wasn't shizu, and ultimately ifrit, that caged the storm dragon? I smell revenge.
>I had no brain when I was 12
>Then everyone must had no brain when they were 12
>I experimented 100 samples and proved that they had no brain when they were 12
>Therefore children cannot consent

This is what science has done to humanity.
Nov 12, 2018 11:47 AM
Jan 2018
They actually added the scene where ifrit meets veldora nice.

Bit surprised they drew the fight out a bit.

Sigh....got to wait another week
Nov 12, 2018 11:51 AM

Mar 2016
I want to hug Shizu right now :(
but I'd probably get burned, anyway
Nov 12, 2018 11:52 AM
Jul 2018
kidlat020 said:
wait, wasn't shizu, and ultimately ifrit, that caged the storm dragon? I smell revenge.

No. It's a different girl.
Nov 12, 2018 11:53 AM

Oct 2014
kidlat020 said:

- Shizu said she is "decades" old
- Decades are tens of years
- Shizu was known as a hero 50 years ago
- Veldora was sealed 300 years ago, i.e. "centuries" ago
- Centuries are hundreds of years
- Shizu looks at another girl with the same mask and a black cape behind her in the OP
- Said "another girl with the same mask and a black cape" was the one shown in Veldora's flashback and was the one to seal him
- Therefore the hero that sealed Veldora is "another girl with the same mask and a black cape" and not Shizu
Nov 12, 2018 11:57 AM

Mar 2016
chaosnetwork said:

Bunny Girl Senpai is up there, though, but I'd agree, one of the best shows this season so far.
Nov 12, 2018 12:09 PM

Nov 2009
Other than the usual great sound effects, the music was excellent as well this time. I'm surprised they managed to make such high level animations too - If you listen closely, you can hear all the money burning during the fight scenes.

If anyone's interested, this was chapter 9 and roughly half of chapter 10 in the manga. (The second half of ch.10 is a spoiler for next week's ep.)
GildeshNov 12, 2018 12:25 PM
Nov 12, 2018 12:09 PM

Jul 2016
Awesome episode as usual. Thought this episode will resolve Shizu's story, but oh well.

One thing to note that there's a mistranslation. It was not 'The Great Sorcerer Koenig'. The original text is 魔人ケーニッヒ様, something around Majin Koenig-sama. Still not sure of how to translate 魔人/Majin, maybe just stick to Majin like Dragon Ball?
Nov 12, 2018 12:12 PM

Apr 2018
11/10 episode, i love everything about this show
Nov 12, 2018 12:19 PM
Cherry Thighs

Apr 2013
Now that was the episode I've been looking forward to. That was awesome and I'm glad we finally got some action!
Also, best boi Veldora finally got some more screentime!
Nov 12, 2018 12:29 PM

May 2012
Amazing episode. One of the best fights in this season

chaosnetwork said:

2nd best

Noting can beat jojo
Nov 12, 2018 12:32 PM

May 2017
Fantastic ending to a fantastic episode. This show continues to exceed my expectations!
Forum sniper of MAL. Accuracy, efficiency. Beware the catgun.
Nov 12, 2018 12:43 PM

Jun 2009
chaosnetwork said:

no not quiet their are better ones for sure
Nov 12, 2018 12:55 PM

Mar 2018
Well that escalated quickly. Two down, more to go.
Nov 12, 2018 12:59 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Fantastic animation in this episode, Ifrit meeting Veldora was a sick surprise, too.

The three guys fighting for Shizu was great to see, i like them a lot. Hopefully they are recurring characters.

The flashback was hella sad, Shizu just got forced to burn a friend she made and the pet, too. She must be going through a lot of pain with Ifrit taking over her slowly, i hope she's still alive.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2018

290 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Apr 21, 3:53 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Jiharo - Feb 11, 2019

227 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 19, 5:17 AM

» rimuru is the bad guy

Rukasumi - Apr 11

2 by felixsifuri »»
Apr 12, 11:53 AM

» Help my fellow weebs

Lonely_kun - Apr 5

27 by Puntosmx »»
Apr 7, 4:54 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2019

287 by iggggi »»
Apr 7, 5:21 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.